Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:17:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Beware of the gospel according to Oprah and Dr. Schuller
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beware of the gospel according to Oprah and Dr. Schuller  (Read 4579 times)
Amisk

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;1030

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2008, 08:15:32 AM »

A New Gospel according to Oprah and Dr. Schuller:

« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 11:38:10 AM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Have A Honey Of A Day!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 08:24:35 AM »

It isn't just Oprah and Dr. Schuller. There are many false teachers and false prophets in the world today and with current technology they are getting this false word out more and more. The best way to combat this is to get out the true Gospel. We do this by studying the Bible and witnessing to others.

THE GOOD NEWS IS:

Rom 1:16  For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17  For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Salvation, salvation from death under the law by God's perfect grace.

Rom 3:10  As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:11  There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Rom 3:12  They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Rom 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Rom 5:12  Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Rom 6:23  For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 1:18  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Rom 3:20  Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Rom 3:27  Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Rom 5:8  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Rom 5:9  Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Rom 2:4  Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Rom 3:22  Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Rom 3:28  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Rom 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 4:21  And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

Rom 4:24  But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Rom 5:1  Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Rom 10:10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 07:31:10 PM »

Get into the word of God and there will be no need for warning..It is sad that these do so many good deeds, but it is not deeds that gain heaven, but grace..that only conviction can bring..This world is big on morality and human kindness, but reject the very one that alone can save them from sin and give eternity..Do you ever wonder if the biggest reality show will be on judgement day when many will stand before God and give account of their lives and to feel the wrath of God..We have a job that is a command..to tell the world there is hope only found in Jesus..May all of you who bear the name of Jesus shine forth like a beacon to this dying world that to the glory of God lives will be saved..
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 09:30:19 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I've heard bits and pieces of things about Oprah, but I've been hearing about Dr. Schuller for years. Generally, we are seeing part of what many will call the new religion under a variety of names. It will please mankind and many will think that they're doing good. In much of mankind's eyes, they will be doing good.

The general philosophy is Humanism, and humans are the ones being glorified and served. There will be many causes, and much will be done in the name of man's love. In fact, there will be a lot that looks like LOVE. The problem is that GOD will have a lesser and lesser part. GOD will be worked out of religion, and much of mankind will like it. This is already happening in a larger scale each day, and this includes our so-called churches. This reminds me of a vote held recently in a large church:  IS JESUS CHRIST GOD? Increasingly, the answer will be, "NO". In essence, GOD will be mentioned from time to time for tax purposes, and everything else will be about MAN.

Man can do temporary things in the name of LOVE and CHARITY, but GOD has the only answers for Eternity. JESUS CHRIST took our place on the CROSS and died for us. HE arose from the dead on the third day - HE LIVES! HE is the only WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE. Trusting HIM and asking HIM to be your LORD and SAVIOUR is the only way to be rescued from the curse of sin and death.

GOOD NEWS!

1:  Romans 3:10 NASB  as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."

2:  Romans 3:23  NASB  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

3:  Romans 5:12  NASB  Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--

4:  Romans 6:23  NASB  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

5:  Romans 1:18  NASB  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

6:  Romans 3:20  NASB  because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

7:  Romans 3:27  NASB  Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.

8:  Romans 5:8-9  NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

9:  Romans 2:4  NASB  Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

10:  Romans 3:22  NASB  even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

11:  Romans 3:28  NASB  For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

12:  Romans 10:9  NASB  that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

13:  Romans 4:21  NASB  and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

14:  Romans 4:24 NASB  but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,

15:  Romans 5:1  NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

16:  Romans 10:10  NASB  for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

17:  Romans 10:13  NASB  for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 01:34:27 AM »

Hello Amisk,

I hope that you understand why Pastor Roger removed the links. If the other site is commercial or contains inappropriate language, we're better off with just a couple of quotes or a brief.

As a tiny example, people will be taught to chant or repeat numerous times per day in this course:

"I am the light of the world."

"My salvation comes from me."

Most Christians will recognize garbage like this to be "New Age" - putting man in and taking GOD out. This is also why they call it "Humanist".

Amisk

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;1030

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 06:50:54 AM »

The choice was his of course. I am not offended.
I posted it as a warning of what appears to be a false cult spring up lead by two popular people in America, because of their financial base and backing it is likely to lead many to damination.

While stronger Christians and those who take our warning seriously, there will be many Christians who have failed to check what comes over the pulpit with the Bible actually says who will be lead a stray.

No, I am not offended.

Have A Honey Of A Day!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 08:11:25 AM »

I'm glad that you were not offended.

Yes, it is unfortunate that many will fall prey to being misled by such people. It is sad that people even have this sort of influence on others in the first place and that they do not check out the scriptures instead. It is a matter of hearing and believing what they want instead of the truth. It seems as though with such influence and teaching a false gospel are popping up on a daily basis now.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the