Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:34:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Television (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  This ain't your mama's Knight Rider
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This ain't your mama's Knight Rider  (Read 6234 times)
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 20, 2008, 10:49:10 AM »

Ok so I admit I was a fan of the Hoff back in the 80's.  And the black Trans Am known as KITT was simply awesome.  It was like the next generation of Speed Racer.

So when I saw the commercials informing me that Knight Rider was coming back, I was a little excited.  Not as much as Battlestar Galactica...but a little. 

I was out Monday night so I recorded it on our DVR and I finally got to sit down and watch it last night.  Let me say that once complete I erased it and decided to ban it from my house.

Now not only was I let down because KITT is now a Ford Mustang, but it goes deeper than that.  I was fully expecting and hoping for remake that captured the essence of what was really going on in the original.  The original Knight Rider was a show that everyone could enjoy.  THe kids thought the action was good and KITT was just plain cool.  And it was just an all around decent show.  Let me recap the first few minutes of the show.

There is the initial stages that show you the crime, the creator of KITT is apparently killed by some bad guys...typical.
Then we cut to the hero who is laying in bed with a female companion.  And his friend in a panic because a couple of thugs are knocking on the door.  At this point another woman comes in and lays down next to our hero...yes 2 women in the same bed as the hero.

The two thugs are there to collect money...our hero apparently has money problems and gets money from loan sharks.  In their attempt to shake him up they mention that he is ex-special forces.  What a lovely portrait of our soldiers this man is portraying.

We then cut to a womans apartment in which we see a woman get a phone call and has to go right away.  She is finishing getting dressed and ready when a woman laying in the bed sits up and mentions she was hoping for breakfast.  Yes there was no mistaking the inuendo that the head FBI agent of the show is homosexual.

This show not embodies everything that Ford has been pushing so hard for over the past couple of years.  It would have only been topped off if Hardees/Carl Jr was a prime sponsor as well.  There is not one married person in the show that is still in their relationship, the two people that were in a marriage were divorced.  One of which is the hero's mother who was married to Michael Knight...the original driver of KITT.  Who he apparently for no given reason decided to leave them....so he has turned to the dark side as well.

Chalk this one up to one more good show fallen to world of lusts....what will be next...the creators of Sex and the City remake Andy Griffith?

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 11:46:59 AM »

Unfortunately it is the way of the world.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 08:01:00 PM »

Hello Brother Jerry,

I think this is a sign of the times. I remember the original show as clean and popular, so I wonder why Hollywood felt the need to bring it back with all the filth. Christians just need to turn garbage like this off and stop buying products from the advertisers. We can JUST SAY NO!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the