Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:47:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Getting Baptized
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Getting Baptized  (Read 6132 times)
The Crusader
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2003, 06:32:32 AM »

I repented, for getting baptised.

NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Thank You Lord

Brother Love

I must agree, nothing but the blood of Jesus.

The Crusader
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2003, 10:19:17 AM »

The Crusader

Why would you repent of something that is not a sin?Are we as christians suppose to minister the word to others?

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2003, 01:54:01 PM »

The one baptism according to Jesus Christ, the Lord and Saviour:

Matthew 28:18.  And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
 19.  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
 20.  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

The only one that baptized with the Holy Spirit was Jesus Christ. It happened twice, to the Apostles on the day of Pentacost at Jerusalem in the second chapter of Acts and to Cornelius and his household in the tenth chapter of Acts signifying the gentiles also received the Holy Spirit.

Here is a command by Christ to His apostles to go, teach and baptize all nations.

Is it Spirit or water baptism?

Could the apostles baptize with the Holy spirit?

Is the Holy Spirit working through the baptism Christ commands to be done?

« Last Edit: December 27, 2003, 01:54:59 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Sower

Romans 8:31-39

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2003, 02:37:07 PM »

Matthew 28:18.  And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
 19.  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
 20.  Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Here is a command by Christ to His apostles to go, teach and baptize all nations.

Is it Spirit or water baptism? IT IS WATER BAPTISM

Could the apostles baptize with the Holy spirit? NO

Is the Holy Spirit working through the baptism Christ commands to be done? YES

To me it is quite obvious from this thread that Satan has found another way to create division and dissension among believers by CREATING CONFUSION ABOUT BAPTISM.  God is not the author if confusion, and the teaching on baptism is quite plain. Why are we continually confusing the baptism of the Holy Spirit with water baptism, when each one is distinct and each one is necessary?

WATER BAPTISM
Water baptism is a commandment of the Lord Jesus Christ for every believer in every age until the Lord comes for His saints (Matt. 28:19). Water baptism signifies death, burial, and resurrection with Christ -- when He died, we died; when He was buried, we were buried; when He rose again, we rose again with Him (Rom. 6:1-23). Water baptism does NOT WASH AWAY SINS, but PROVES that our sins have been forgiven and we have received the gift of the Holy Spirit -- "raised to walk in newness of life". Obedience to this command is obedience to Christ.  IT IS AN OUTWARD MANIFESTATION OF AN INWARD REALITY.

SPIRIT BAPTISM
The baptism with or by the Holy Spirit is a supernatural work of the Holy Spirit who "IMMERSES" [baptizes] each and every believer into the Body of Christ (1 Cor. 12:12, but read the whole chapter, Eph. 4:5, but read the whole chapter).  There is no conflict in Scripture, and this baptism accompanies salvation by GRACE through FAITH in the blood of Christ and His righteousness (Tit. 3:4-7).  There is no commandment to be baptized with the Holy Spirit (since that is God's supernatural work) but there is a commandment to be FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT (Eph.5:18).

So how does Christ "baptize with the Holy Ghost"?  When we believe on Him and receive Him as our Lord and Saviour, He gives us THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST (Acts 2:38), who in turn baptizes us into the Body of Christ. The emphasis by Paul on "ONE BAPTISM" [ of the Holy Ghost] was because the gifts of the Spirit were causing disunity in the Body, and believers had to be reminded that there are no divisions in the Body of Christ because there is "one Body, and one Spirit" (Eph. 4:4). I trust this post will again remind us of the same truth.

Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father, and Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Timothy 1:2
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2003, 05:39:06 PM »

The only one that baptized with the Holy Spirit was Jesus Christ. It happened twice, to the Apostles on the day of Pentacost at Jerusalem in the second chapter of Acts and to Cornelius and his household in the tenth chapter of Acts signifying the gentiles also received the Holy Spirit.

Is it Spirit or water baptism?

Could the apostles baptize with the Holy spirit?

Is the Holy Spirit working through the baptism Christ commands to be done?

The one baptism according to Ollie Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the