Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:23:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Getting Baptized
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Getting Baptized  (Read 6133 times)
Lite

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2003, 04:52:43 AM »

I've been thinking off & on for awhile now about
getting baptized .. do any of you have any thoughts
if being baptized is important as a christian?
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 05:25:39 AM »

Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 04:22:12 PM »

I believe that water baptism is very important; it was commanded of us by God. While the lack of it will not keep you out of heaven, it is a proof to other believers that you have trusted Christ with your life and are willing to live for Him. I have heard it described as a symbol of your sins being washed away. Wherever Christ's disciples lead people to Him, they baptized them in the Name of the Lord.

Baptism is not the same thing as salvation; if you go under the water without Christ in your heart, you will come out wet. Without faith, its just water.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2003, 07:49:21 PM »

I believe that water baptism is very important; it was commanded of us by God. While the lack of it will not keep you out of heaven, it is a proof to other believers that you have trusted Christ with your life and are willing to live for Him. I have heard it described as a symbol of your sins being washed away. Wherever Christ's disciples lead people to Him, they baptized them in the Name of the Lord.

Baptism is not the same thing as salvation; if you go under the water without Christ in your heart, you will come out wet. Without faith, its just water.

AMEN

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Sower

Romans 8:31-39

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2003, 09:28:26 PM »

Getting baptized [immersed] is not only important for a Christian, it is vital:

1. It is Christ's command to each one who repents and believes the Gospel (Matt. 28:18-20).

2. It is therefore an act of (a) faith (b) obedience (c) surrender to God. You cannot move on from being a "babe" in Christ to a "mature adult" until and unless you take this first step of obedience after you are saved

3. Before men it is (a) a testimony to the new birth (b) a testimony to a changed life (a) a witness for Christ

4.  Before Christians it is (a) confirmation that you are indeed an obedient child of God (b) that you are a part of the body of Christ (c) that you may take your place of full membership in a local body of believers (d) that you may freely partake of the Lord's Supper.

However, there is a deeper meaning to water baptism which you should study in Romans chapter 6. It is primarily a symbolic and physical affirmation that from the moment you were saved, you "died" and now Christ lives in you and that you live in HIS POWER on this earth "to walk in newness of life".  In other words you can now "DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST" who strengthens you by His own Almighty power within you: "FOR IT IS GOD THAT WORKETH IN YOU, BOTH TO WILL AND TO DO OF HIS GOOD PLEASURE" (Philippians 2:13).

Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father, and Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Timothy 1:2
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2003, 04:12:59 AM »

I repented, for getting baptised.

NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Thank You Lord

Brother Love

<Smiley))><
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2003, 05:46:11 AM »

AMEN!!!!

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2003, 11:51:06 AM »

Thank You Lord

Brother Love

Bl that makes no sense,you repented for getting baptised.

Psalm 118:8  1 John 4:1-3
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2003, 12:33:36 PM »

Thank You Lord

Brother Love

Makes makes sense to me.
I regret that I got water baptised, and I really, really rgret that I baptised others in water.

And Yes Thank You Jesus
« Last Edit: December 12, 2003, 12:34:32 PM by Ambassador4Christ » Logged

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2003, 12:54:31 PM »

Did Jesus repent from being baptised?

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2003, 12:59:19 PM »

No Brother, He was Baptised for a reason. Do you know why He was Baptised? Clue it was not because He had sin, like myself.

Todays verse is 1 Corrinthians 1:17

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Jabez

Fisher of Men

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2003, 01:11:11 PM »

No Brother, He was Baptised for a reason. Do you know why He was Baptised? Clue it was not because He had sin, like myself.

I never thought of a reason why he was baptised,i have no answer,but i would like to know.I know he had no sin like me.

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2003, 06:06:59 PM »

1 Cor. 1:11-17 is vary important to the issue of water baptism. It is true that it is not a polemic against baptism but rather it is against the party spirit within the Corinthian church. The members of the church were taking sides according to whomever had baptized them, and Paul though this was shameful. But, this passage also reveals to us Paul honest attitude toward baptism at the time of the writing of this epistle. Paul states that he had personally baptized only a few of these believers (vv.14,16). "I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius.also the household of Stephanas (vv. 14,16).

So, what was Paul's attitude toward baptism? INDIFFERENCE Indifference was Paul's attitude toward baptism and it is indicated when he says, "besides, I know not whether I baptized any other." But, Peter who was sent to baptize cannot be indifferent and wasn't in view of the Apostle's great commission: Matthew 28:19; Mark 16:16. Peter did not think baptism was optional or a matter in which either he or the convert may be indifferent.

Grace & Peace

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2003, 09:20:02 AM »

Thank You Lord

Brother Love

Makes makes sense to me.
I regret that I got water baptised, and I really, really rgret that I baptised others in water.

And Yes Thank You Jesus
Did the eunuch regret and repent of it? It says he went away rejoicing.

Acts 8:35.  Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
 36.  And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
 37.  And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38.  And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
 39.  And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

Did Cornelius and his house regret and repent of being baptized?

Acts 10:44.  While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
 45.  And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
 46.  For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
 47.  Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
 48.  And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Cornelius and his kinsman and friends wanted Peter to stay. No regrets or repenting of their baptism.

The only baptism that should be repented of or regreted is one that is not done in the true doctrine of Christ.

Support your local Christian.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2003, 09:25:55 AM »

I never thought of a reason why he was baptised,i have no answer,but i would like to know.I know he had no sin like me.

Matthew 3:13.  Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
 14.  But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
 15.  And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
 16.  And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
 17.  And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Support your local Christian.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the