Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:17:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I need peace and comfort
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I need peace and comfort  (Read 2784 times)
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2008, 02:14:34 AM »

my life is completely upside down. A Christian friend is probably right when she said that I hurt those I care about. I wish I could go back in time a year.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 10:13:09 AM »

Hi brother,

I don't see you as one that hurts others they care about. You are a very caring person, a little stubborn sometimes maybe  Wink  but still a very caring person. This post of yours is an example of that. Brother David, we can't keep everyone happy all of the time no matter how hard we may try. Someone, somewhere will always be offended or hurt. Thank God that we have a true friend in Jesus Christ. He is always understanding as He knows our hearts and is always ready and willing to forgive us.

As always, my prayers are with you.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 01:05:20 PM »

I echo what Pastor Roger says David. My prayers are with you as well.

Pizza_Mahal

First earth suck.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 08:21:29 AM »

Don't worry bro, you not only one; I never be peace and comfort for many years. However, I know earth life is very little to Lord Gifts.

Edit-My bad, I do get peace and comfort sometimes, but only last few seconds.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 08:23:07 AM by Pizza_Mahal » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 08:05:04 PM »

Hello Brother David,

I'm sorry that I'm so late in answering your prayer request. You are already in my prayers every day, but you've given us some specific information that will help us know better how to pray for you.

I echo the thoughts and feelings of others in this thread. You are a very kind, caring, and loving Christian. I don't think there is anything mean about you at all.

Brother, you've made some decisions for yourself that please GOD, and pleasing GOD is the most important thing there is in this short life. We really can't always please others and keep GOD as FIRST and LORD over our lives. The only peace that results in lasting happiness is Peace with GOD and yielding to HIS Will. Some of our friends might not like this. In fact, some of our friends might desert us, but GOD will never leave us or forsake us. GOD is FOREVER! We can pray for our friends. Brother David, you have my email address, and you're welcome to use it. I'll be happy to help you in any way that I can. In the meantime, please know that you will always be in my prayers.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 1:18-23 NASB I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 01:56:52 PM »

Hi Brother David
My Thoughts & Prayers are ALWAYS with you...
ENDURE, whatever you are going thru my Brother!
Weather the storms that try to prevail against you,
Keep Building your faith upon the Rock(Jesus) & conquer whatever befalls you...
YLBD
Every Son that comes unto our God is Chastised by him & if we Endure we are treated as his Children...
Precious2God
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 07:05:31 PM »

Praying for you David James
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 11:48:23 PM »

Pray believing..rest in the promises for they ar true and will come to pass...be still...know that He is God and those who are His He does not forsake...
Fre

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 02:09:17 PM »

You can not go back in time, but you can ask God to forgive you and he will.  In God's word it says that he has given you PEACE, you have to receive it.  Read the word of God more, and believe.  God loves you and care what happens to you.  You are important to him. 

"Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live". Be Blessed.
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 04:23:37 PM »

Hi David.

I am so touched by your request..I too had hurt so many people and all that I had done was so terrible and cost much out of my life..I honestly thought "who would want me/"  Jesus did and because of the blood He shed for me out of great love I cannot repay, He forgave me and His word began to change my life..Day by day, He changed me..Oh, I am not perfect, but I amd redeemed by precious blood as you are and all the Lord wants us to do is not to look back but to walk everyday in newness of life..knowing His love is greater than what we can imagine...People will see a change ad those you have hurt will not only see the change but give you the opportunity to testify and seek forgiveness at the time appointed by God to do so..Peace is found in the presence of the Lord when you seek Him in prayer and He comforts though His word and through His people who encourage you to go on as we all run this race together..
faithgirl49

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 08:38:01 PM »

Praying for you David in Jesus Name.
You can not go back in time, but you can ask God to forgive you and he will.  In God's word it says that he has given you PEACE, you have to receive it.  Read the word of God more, and believe.  God loves you and care what happens to you.  You are important to him. 
While you are not able to go back in time you can use this situation in the future to witmess to somebod in a similar predicament.
Faithgirl
phillip

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 11:12:59 PM »

David, please do not dwell on what happened yesterday.  Remember God says in His Word, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."  God forgives and forgets because He loves us that much! So look to Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.  Look up I John 1:9 and claim it for yourself!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the