Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:20:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Television (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Not the History Channel!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not the History Channel!  (Read 11378 times)
Pizza_Mahal

First earth suck.

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2008, 09:41:42 PM »

I used to watch it almost everyday for past 10 years, but since few years ago, it becoming more Godless. Here a name fews(current):

"Monster Quest"(one of a idiot say something like "evolution history" and I was like "Who record it!?" and many of them got wrong ideas.)

Any reference to Lord History are often(or all) mislead and/or wrong ideas. And discredit our Lord.

"The Universe" (Don't laugh, I know.)

"Life After People" ( I like the show because it remind me of 1000 year Christ, but still got wrong ideas)

(Sigh) I miss Command Decisions and Tactical to Practical

Anyway is it me or this is really happen (If it is, now how suppose to learn history

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 09:14:58 AM »

I will agree... The History Channels has started to become less and less about history and more and more about junk.
They have more "UFO shows"on now as well.  It is really saddening.

If they want to simply have some entertainment then have shows on like "The Rifleman", "Black Sheep Squadron", "F-Troop", etc...these are all historical....moreso than "Monster Quest" and the rest of the junk they have on now.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 09:35:53 AM »

The same is with the weather channel. It is more about politics and the environmental movement than it is about actual weather. I still watch it occasionally but only for the local weather maps and watches.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Barbara

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 09:51:02 AM »

Hi Pizza_Mahal,

I agree about the history channel. My girlfriend's mother-in-law gets all her 'theology' from the History Channel and it's really messed up! She believes some really strange stuff, and is not convinced that Jesus is God. It actually sounds dangerous to me, from seeing what's happened to her. There's so much on there to plant seeds of doubt in people that would rather watch TV than study the Word.

Ditto, Pastor Roger, on the weather channel. Even the weather is very inaccurate on there. Before we moved to Florida we thought they were having rain everyday. My sister lives down here, and they would show her area to be raining all the time. When we got here they were in a draught, no rain for months. Same thing when we were in Virginia, we would have a sunny day and the weather channel would be showing our area getting a lot of rain.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 10:15:54 AM »

Yes, a lot of their forecast maps are wrong. I only use the current radar map when I do turn into it. I can get that for free on the internet and use it there most of the time instead. We get local advisories on the weather channel though such as tornado warnings, wind advisories, flood advisories, and local children missing or roads out advisories that are all pretty important and fairly accurate so I do tune in for those.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 01:25:08 PM »

Glad I am not the only one who has noticed that the WC has turned into Environemental Activist Channel.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Pizza_Mahal

First earth suck.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 07:55:48 AM »

Hi Pizza_Mahal,

I agree about the history channel. My girlfriend's mother-in-law gets all her 'theology' from the History Channel and it's really messed up! She believes some really strange stuff, and is not convinced that Jesus is God. It actually sounds dangerous to me, from seeing what's happened to her. There's so much on there to plant seeds of doubt in people that would rather watch TV than study the Word.

Ditto, Pastor Roger, on the weather channel. Even the weather is very inaccurate on there. Before we moved to Florida we thought they were having rain everyday. My sister lives down here, and they would show her area to be raining all the time. When we got here they were in a draught, no rain for months. Same thing when we were in Virginia, we would have a sunny day and the weather channel would be showing our area getting a lot of rain.

Me too, When I was young and fool; I believes strange stuff, like: bible code, Dec 21 2012, cult stuff, Jesus is a alien,...etc. It till I watch Kent Hovind videos and I got saved after that.  

And WC, I rarely watch wc, because I know, it will be always rain or sunny, that it. I enjoy rain and the sun is okay to me. If typhoon coming, I just notice by people.   

heatherchelle_2000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 10:14:26 PM »

I don't watch the History Channel much, but some of their "science" shows are good for a laugh.  According to one, the Edmund Fitzgerald was taken away by a UFO.  It had nothing to do with the humongous storm that was raging when the ship disappeared.  It was this huge mystery that could only be explained by alien abduction.  And another show was trying to convince people that the disappearing ships and planes in the Bermuda Triangle are lost because a miniature black hole ate them.  Grin  I don't know what the writers and producers of these shows were thinking.  I wish they would go back to being the Civil War and World War II Channel.  I didn't watch them back then, either, but at least they made sense.
I haven't watched the Weather Channel for a few years now.  We have a really terrific meteorologist on our local news, complete with radar, so I watch him instead.  And I got really sick of trying to catch the "Local on the Eights," especially since they stop running it during their obnoxious programs.  Though I do check their forecast from time to time while I'm on-line.

xoxoxoxox Heather xoxoxoxox
Beloved Father God,
Help me befriend those who are lonely,
Help me comfort those who are hurting,
Help me do battle against the darkness,
And help me lead the way to You.
In Jesus' name, amen.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 11:27:25 PM »

Though I do check their forecast from time to time while I'm on-line.

I have gone to using the online weather radar instead of the Weather Channel myself. I have found it to be more accurate. It also helps that it is free, doesn't involve any advertising, I don't have to wait for it nor to put up with garbage programs just to get it. Anyone can get it by going to:

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/map.asp

to see the entire U.S. and then all you have to do is click on the plus sign for your area. It has all kinds of functions available from there to customize it to your liking. Animating it shows the last 15 minutes of recorded radar so you can get a better idea of which direction the storms are going plus a whole lot more.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 10:05:34 PM »

I've noticed that a lot of the channels that were really good and educational have gotten off the wall with what they are providing these days.  Used to love PBS, but everywhere and anywhere you turn these days is secular brain washing junk and garbage.  Bummer.
Since I've been at the mission this past month with no TV at all, I'm finding that I'm really not missing it like I thought I would.  I've read 3-4 books already!

In Christ,
Yvette

Let us fight the good fight!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 12:01:35 AM »

Hello GrammyLuv,

Sister Yvette, it is getting more difficult by the day to find decent programs on television. I find it somewhat strange that the worst programs appear to be network, the very networks that used to be clean enough for the whole family to watch. Now, most of the programs have a variety of perversions and filth. If you want some choices for clean programs, you need satellite or cable with the larger number of channels to choose from.

I have noticed the rapid erosion of channels that used to be clean and educational. Many of them are still fairly clean of filth, but they are being used to teach evolution and other things that are against the teachings of the Bible. Some of them might look good on the surface, but they are being used in subtle ways to brainwash people against GOD. There are still some decent channels and shows, but you have to look harder for them.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 02:47:22 PM »

"The Universe" (Don't laugh, I know.)

The only reason that show isn't great is because it uses too many poorly-done computer generated effects. Otherwise, it's awesome.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 06:44:52 PM »

The only reason that show isn't great is because it uses too many poorly-done computer generated effects. Otherwise, it's awesome.

Hello, it's great to hear from you!

I hope and pray that things are going good for you. YES - you are still in our thoughts and prayers. So, how have you been? Time literally does fly.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 1:18-23 NASB I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 04:14:57 AM »

I hope and pray that things are going good for you. YES - you are still in our thoughts and prayers. So, how have you been? Time literally does fly.

Bored at home and busy at school. Majoring in physics is no picnic Undecided
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 08:10:55 AM »

Bored at home and busy at school. Majoring in physics is no picnic Undecided

Maybe that's a price that the real "BRAINS" must pay, but I'm sure it will all be worth the time and effort.   Wink

Hang in there - AND

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Corinthians 1:4-6

I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;  5  That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;  6  Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the