Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:06:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Television (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Wife Swap
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wife Swap  (Read 7070 times)
sterlingpless

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2008, 12:37:35 AM »

I like this show even though it's definitely staged even though I wish they would cut down on the cussing.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 04:30:15 AM »

American TV has sunk to newer, inconceivable lows lately and the reality show "Wife Swap" proves it.  I watched one episode and turned the TV off, after the first commercial. Sorry I don't spend my time watching garbage.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 12:13:11 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I have a real hard time understanding things like this. I thought that Hollywood had received a blunt and bold message that average people want CLEAN FAMILY PROGRAMMING.

As far as I know, statistics show that COMPLETELY CLEAN FAMILY MOVIES always make money, are sold out, and have standing room only at the movie theaters. WHY CAN'T THEY TAKE THE HINT? We want clean family programs that the entire family can watch, certainly including young children. It appears that they can't lose on CLEAN FAMILY PROGRAMMING unless it's very poorly made. They also spend less money making the CLEAN FAMILY PROGRAMS, so the profit margins should be much higher. SO, what is it that Hollywood doesn't understand? There was a time when Christian distributors sanitized programs for rental, and everyone was making money. For some odd reason, Hollywood stopped this and said the filth was part of their artistic statement. So, the Christian distributors were put out of business, AND people spending their money for sanitized programs stopped spending their money. SO, a simple matter of supply and demand for clean programs FAILED because Hollywood didn't want their product to be CLEAN!      Huh

Lioness
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 08:56:27 PM »

The show is interesting as far as personalities and their interactions and effects go, but the idea of swapping wives really stinks. Why not have a husband swap? Same kind of thing don't you think? I'm not swapping my husband or kids to some immoral woman so that I can be be a good influence on her family...even for $10,000.00
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 11:32:42 PM »

The show is interesting as far as personalities and their interactions and effects go, but the idea of swapping wives really stinks. Why not have a husband swap? Same kind of thing don't you think? I'm not swapping my husband or kids to some immoral woman so that I can be be a good influence on her family...even for $10,000.00

Hello Lioness,

Frankly, I can't understand why any Christian would watch a show like this, regardless of whether the husbands or wives were being swapped. I don't think that the amount of money has anything to do with whether this show should be watched. This is a question of morals in what we allow or don't allow into our homes. The divorce rate in Christian homes indicates there is already plenty of trouble without adding shows like this to the troubles. In fact, maybe things like this are responsible for the high divorce rate in so-called Christian homes.

Lioness
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 12:26:49 PM »

It sounds as though you have never watched the show and think its about more than just trading places. It's not like the kind of wife swapping that goes on in the bars among immoral adulterers...but I still think the idea is really strange.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 01:02:12 PM »

I have watched the show. Sorta forced to do so while at a friends house. It is not what actually goes on but rather what it implies that is wrong with this show. Just another step toward accepting immorality and making it normal and acceptable.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 09:08:30 PM »

It sounds as though you have never watched the show and think its about more than just trading places. It's not like the kind of wife swapping that goes on in the bars among immoral adulterers...but I still think the idea is really strange.

Hello Lioness,

You're right - I haven't watched the show, and I did have the thoughts you described.

I would have the old fashioned thoughts about many things. I've watched what has happened to the moral fiber of our societies over the last 50 + years, and things are going downhill at a rapid pace. I'm talking about this part of the world because that's all that I'm really familiar with. I don't think that it's a coincidence that broken families have increased by about the same rate during the same period of time. As a sad example, the divorce rates now for Christians are about the same as those who are lost.

Generally, I firmly believe that people have been desensitized about right and wrong, and that includes Christians. By the way, I'm including myself. Overall, we've all been in a flood of immorality, and everyone has been effected to a certain degree. In all reality, we've all suffered in the changes. Whether we realize it or not, our children and grandchildren have suffered the most. The grossly higher number of broken families indicates this isn't simply an opinion. We've all paid a heavy price in one way or another.

Love In Christ,
Tom

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 12:39:03 AM »

I have watched the show. Sorta forced to do so while at a friends house. It is not what actually goes on but rather what it implies that is wrong with this show. Just another step toward accepting immorality and making it normal and acceptable.

Exactly.  Simply and well put PR.

Let us fight the good fight!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the