Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 11:42:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286957 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 171051 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: October 20, 2008, 03:50:33 PM »

"Why is John McCain talking about the sixties?" one Obama ad asks.

Because much of this stench that we see today started then. It is the exact same stench that reeks so badly that it completely destroys all that it touches including Obama. For Obama's book to even mention the Mekong shows that he knows even less about history than Ayers. Yes, Ayers knows nothing about the history of Viet Nam even though he lived during that timeframe. If he had been there in the Mekong or at My Lai he would not be so quick to react as he has done.  This book was in fact highly influenced by Ayers and his twisted, sick mind just as Obama's viewpoint of America is.

What is at issue is that, if my thesis is correct, Obama has maintained an intimate working relationship with a self-described "communist" whose actions Obama now calls "despicable" and "detestable" only because he has to.

Not only an intimate work relation but the exact same objectives as Ayers and Dohrn ... to destroy America beyond any semblance in any means that is available to them.

The stench of the Weather Underground oozes from Obama and his platform. It doesn't just "makes me want to puke" it does make me puke. I feel sorry for all those that these people have disillusioned.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 20, 2008, 05:44:32 PM »

Biden: Obama's inexperience will prompt nations to test us
'I can give you at least 4 or 5 scenarios from where it might originate'

ABC News' Matthew Jaffe Reports: Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., on Sunday guaranteed that if elected, Sen. Barack Obama., D-Ill., will be tested by an international crisis within his first six months in power and he will need supporters to stand by him as he makes tough, and possibly unpopular, decisions.

"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."

Not only will the next administration have to deal with foreign affairs issues, Biden warned, but also with the current economic crisis.

"Gird your loins," Biden told the crowd. "We're gonna win with your help, God willing, we're gonna win, but this is not gonna be an easy ride. This president, the next president, is gonna be left with the most significant task. It's like cleaning the Augean stables, man. This is more than just, this is more than – think about it, literally, think about it – this is more than just a capital crisis, this is more than just markets. This is a systemic problem we have with this economy."

The Delaware lawmaker managed to rake in an estimated $1 million total from his two money hauls at the downtown Sheraton, the same hotel where four years ago Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., clinched the Democratic nomination. Despite warning about the difficulties the next administration will face, Biden said the Democratic ticket is equipped to meet the challenges head on.

"I've forgotten more about foreign policy than most of my colleagues know, so I'm not being falsely humble with you. I think I can be value added, but this guy has it," the Senate Foreign Relations chairman said of Obama. "This guy has it. But he's gonna need your help. Because I promise you, you all are gonna be sitting here a year from now going, 'Oh my God, why are they there in the polls? Why is the polling so down? Why is this thing so tough?' We're gonna have to make some incredibly tough decisions in the first two years. So I'm asking you now, I'm asking you now, be prepared to stick with us. Remember the faith you had at this point because you're going to have to reinforce us."

"There are gonna be a lot of you who want to go, 'Whoa, wait a minute, yo, whoa, whoa, I don't know about that decision'," Biden continued. "Because if you think the decision is sound when they're made, which I believe you will when they're made, they're not likely to be as popular as they are sound. Because if they're popular, they're probably not sound."

Biden emphasized that the mountainous Afghanistan-Pakistan border is of particular concern, with Osama bin Laden "alive and well" and Pakistan "bristling with nuclear weapons."

"You literally can see what these kids are up against, our kids in that region," Biden said in recalling when his helicopter was forced down due to a snowstorm there. "The place is crawling with al Qaeda. And it's real."

"We do not have the military capacity, nor have we ever, quite frankly, in the last 20 years, to dictate outcomes," he cautioned. "It's so much more important than that. It's so much more complicated than that. And Barack gets it."

After speaking for just over a quarter of an hour, Biden noticed the media presence in the back of the small ballroom.

"I probably shouldn't have said all this because it dawned on me that the press is here," he joked.

"All kidding aside, these guys have left us in a God-awful place," he then said of the Bush regime, promptly wrapping up his remarks. "We have the ability to straighten it out. It's gonna take a little bit of time, so I ask you to stay with us. Stay with us."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 20, 2008, 07:24:28 PM »

Obama's inexperience will prompt nations to test us

Isn’t this an argument for electing someone with more experience? Why should we elect a man who will embolden our enemies and push us to the brink of disaster?

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #768 on: October 20, 2008, 09:45:04 PM »

Quote from: Grammyluv
No.  The real question is: What oil grubbing nation is "buying in" and what promises has Obama made to them?

I can give you 3 guesses, and the first 2 don't count.

Quote from:
Curiously, Obama used the exact same phrase – "behind enemy lines" – to describe his own status while working in corporate America.

Hmmmmm, that describes Obama very well to American  society.

"Why is John McCain talking about the sixties?" one Obama ad asks. "McCain knows Obama denounced Bill Ayers' crimes committed when Obama was just eight years old."

That's when the garbage we see today, started. Chances are, I know just as much about Vietnam as Ayers does. That isn't much, least outside of what I have studied. You can only learn so much out of books, or living in that time frame. Unless Ayers was in Vietnam, and I doubt that.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #769 on: October 20, 2008, 10:13:23 PM »

Obama angry at FOX for tarnishing halo effect Grin Grin
Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 10/20/2008

A conservative media watchdog says it's outrageous that Barack Obama is blaming a major cable news service for costing him two to three points in the polls.

In a recently published interview for the New York Times Magazine, the Democratic presidential candidate said: "I'm convinced that if there were no FOX News, I might be two or three points higher in the polls. If I were watching FOX News, I wouldn't vote for me, right? Because the way I'm portrayed 24/7 is as a freak!"

The Illinois senator continued, explaining that he is being typecast as "the latte-sipping, New York Times-reading, Volvo-driving, no-gun-owning, effete, politically correct, arrogant liberal. Who wants somebody like that?" ...

Do voters watch FOX News because they don't support Barack Obama?

Or do voters oppose Barack Obama because they watch FOX News?

Vote in our poll

Seton Motley, director of communications at the Media Research Center (MRC), says Obama's lashing out is evidence he cannot stand the idea that FOX News does not worship him like the majority of the mainstream media do.

"He's gotten unabashed, loving coverage from all three broadcast networks, the vast majority of the cable news networks, and every print publication you can imagine," says Motley. "It has been wall-to-wall glowing coverage."

FOX News, says Motley, has the "audacity to report on [Obama] as he is and quote him verbatim" -- and somehow, adds the MRC spokesman, the presidential hopeful credits that for a downtick of two or three percent in his polling. "[For him to single-out FOX News is] just a staggeringly myopic view of the media and how he's been treated during his presidential run," he says.

In contrast, Motley suggests that if not for the pro-Obama bias of The New York Times and the rest of the mainstream media, John McCain would be up 20 percent.

Obama angry at FOX for tarnishing halo effect

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #770 on: October 21, 2008, 02:28:09 AM »

Due to Procedure, Obama and DNC Admit all Allegations
October 21, 2008

Picture of Document 21 filed Oct 21 2008

According to Rule 36 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, a party upon whom requests for admissions have been served must respond, within 30 days, or else the matters in the requests will be automatically deemed conclusively admitted for purposes of the pending action.

On September 15, as part of his federal lawsuit contending that the Illinois senator is ineligible, pursuant to the U.S. Constitution, to serve as president of the United States, Philadelphia attorney Philip Berg served Barack Obama and the Democratic National Committee with just such a request. Soon thereafter, on October 6, Barack Obama and the DNC acknowledged service in their motion for protective order, filed in an attempt to persuade the court to stay discovery. The Federal Rules require that a response to a request for admissions be served within the 30-day time limit, and Barack Obama and the DNC have not done so.

Therefore, this morning, amidst news reports that Barack Obama will be suspending his campaign for a few days so he can fly to Hawaii to visit his grandmother, who has suddenly fallen ill, Philip Berg will file two motions in district court in Philadelphia:
    * A motion requesting an immediate order deeming his request for admissions served upon Barack Obama and the DNC on September 15 admitted by default, and

* A motion requesting an expedited ruling and/or hearing on Berg’s motion deeming the request for admissions served upon Obama and the DNC admitted.

Berg contends that the failure to respond and serve the response within the time limit is "damning," and made two appearances overnight on Rollye James' talk radio program, the second one coming shortly after midnight, during which he disclosed the meat of today's filings and the legal and political ramifications of the defendants' failure to respond.

“They did not file answers or objections or anything else to the request for admissions we served upon them on September 15,” Berg said to me shortly before midnight, noting that Obama and the DNC did in fact acknowledge service of the admission in their motion for protective order. “They knew the admissions were due. They knew they must object or answer specifically in 30 days. Here, they did nothing.”

Typically, requests can be used to ascertain three types of information: (1) the veracity of facts, (2) the authenticity of documents, or (3) the “application of law to fact.” Pretty much anything not privileged is fair game, and while the idea behind such a request is to obtain information, requests for admissions of facts and of the genuine nature of documents are generally not designed as a part of discovery, per se, but rather more of a mechanism used to whittle down proof later in the proceedings.

Unless permitted by the court or allowed pursuant to a written agreement between the parties, the party served with the request must serve a response within 30 days. How serious is a failure to respond? This, from PreTrial, by Thomas A. Mauet:
The automatic provision of Rule 36 makes it a formidable weapon because inertia or inattentiveness can have an automatic, and usually devastating, consequence. Hence, there is one cardinal rule for practice under this provision: Make sure you respond and serve the response within the 30-day period.

Given the "usually devastating" consequence of failure to respond in time to a request for admissions such as those served upon Obama and the DNC on September 15, just what were some of the admissions that Berg asserts Barack Obama and the DNC have, at least procedurally, admitted to
    * Admit you were born in Kenya.
    * Admit you are a Kenya “natural born” citizen.
    * Admit your foreign birth was registered in the State of Hawaii.
    * Admit your father, Barrack Hussein Obama, Sr., admitted Paternity of you.
    * Admit your mother gave birth to you in Mombosa, Kenya.
    * Admit your mother’s maiden name is Stanley Ann Dunham a/k/a Ann Dunham.
    * Admit the COLB [Certification of Live Birth] posted on the website “Fightthesmears.com” is a forgery.
    * Admit you were adopted by a Foreign Citizen.
    * Admit you were adopted by Lolo Soetoro, M.A. a citizen of Indonesia.
    * Admit you were not born in Hawaii.
    * Admit you are a citizen of Indonesia.
    * Admit you never took the “Oath of Allegiance” to regain your U.S. Citizenship status.
    * Admit you are not a “natural born” United States citizen.
    * Admit your senior campaign staff is aware you are not a “natural born” United States Citizen.
    * Admit the United States Constitution does not allow for a Person to hold the office of President of the United States unless that person is a “natural born” United States citizen.
    * Admit you are ineligible pursuant to the United States Constitution to serve as President and/or Vice President of the United States.

There are, however, several options for Barack Obama and the DNC at this point. The first, and most obvious, is the argument that pursuant to Rule 26(f), a request for admission may only be served after the conference for the purpose of planning discovery detailed under that rule, and therefore the 30-day time limit on Berg's request has not yet begun. Here, though, Berg could feasibly argue either that the request for admissions is not a true discovery mechanism and is actually meant to streamline the future need for discovery, or that the defendants' acknowledged service of the request in their October 6 motion for protective order and failed, at that time, to specifically object or answer. The second option for the defense, still easily foreseen, is that Obama and the DNC could file a motion to withdraw admissions which have been deemed admitted. In order to file a motion to withdraw admissions deemed admitted by default, a party must show (1) "good cause" regarding why there was no response and (2) that such a motion to withdraw would not cause undue prejudice to the plaintiff. Here, Berg could contend that Obama and the DNC failed to meet those standards, that they cannot show "good cause" for failing to answer or object, and that withdrawing the admissions would cause undue prejudice.

Still, for Berg, the issue is clear. He simply wanted answers or objections, he said, and instead received nothing. Rule 36, according to Berg, is fairly cut-and-dry.

"It all comes down to the fact that there's nothing from the other side," Berg said. "The admissions are there. By not filing the answers or objections, the defense has admitted everything. He admits he was born in Kenya. He admits he was adopted in Indonesia. He admits that the documentation posted online is a phony. And he admits that he is constitutionally ineligible to serve as president of the United States."

Due to Procedure, Obama and DNC Admit all Allegations
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 02:30:28 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #771 on: October 21, 2008, 02:32:52 AM »

OK, cutting through all of the legalese, since Obama and the DNC did not respond to the court's demand for documents within the 30 days, they are essentially not disputing the allegations?? Okay, then can they be found in contempt of court? Grin

I'd just be delighted to see him, Dean and the gang marched off in 'cuffs to face a contempt of court charge. What a great photo op that would be!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 21, 2008, 06:04:56 PM »

Biden: Obama's inexperience will prompt nations to test us
'I can give you at least 4 or 5 scenarios from where it might originate'

I just saw a video where Colin Powell was on Meet The Press and has also said there would be a crisis on Jan 21st or 22nd. A reason to institute martial law and impose full communism?

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #773 on: October 21, 2008, 10:05:57 PM »

I just saw a video where Colin Powell was on Meet The Press and has also said there would be a crisis on Jan 21st or 22nd. A reason to institute martial law and impose full communism?

Hmmmmmm, I wonder how far the Mexican border is from here. Maybe, we'll do a road trip to Mexico durning that time period. Wink

Brother, it wouldn't surprise me if, Obama has plans at least for socialism.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 21, 2008, 10:23:06 PM »

Mexico may be a part of it.  Cheesy Cheesy

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #775 on: October 21, 2008, 11:38:57 PM »

Honolulu lawsuit filed to open Obama's secret birth records

Andy Martin in Hawaii takes legal action to seek the truth and ferret out the facts about Barack Obama's family history

Obama steadfastly refuses to allow access to official sources
Andy Martin in Hawaii takes legal action to seek the truth and ferret out the facts about Barack Obama's family history

'Factually Correct, Not Politically Correct'

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

OBAMA NEMESIS ANDY MARTIN SUES IN HAWAII STATE COURTS TO OPEN BARACK OBAMA'S SECRET BIRTH RECORDS

'WHY IS BARACK OBAMA OBSTRUCTING ACCESS TO HIS BIRTH RECORDS,' ANDY MARTIN ASKS, 'ALONG WITH OBSTRUCTING ACCESS TO COLLEGE RECORDS AND OTHER ESSENTIAL INFORMATION ABOUT HIS PAST? IS THIS THE KIND OF PRESIDENT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WANT? SOMEONE AFRAID TO TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT HIMSELF? HE'S SCARY.'

(HONOLULU, HI)(October 17, 2008) Obama nemesis and author Andy Martin filed suit in the First Circuit Court in Honolulu today seeking a court order to open Barack Obama's secret birth records.

'One of Obama's most controversial and contentious issues that he has allowed to fester for years is the question of his birth certificate,' says Martin. "Obama has posted at least two versions, maybe more, of a 'certificate' on the Internet.

'I want to see a certified copy issued by the State of Hawaii, not one issued by the State of Obama. Why Obama won't allow direct access to his birth records is beyond me. But the closer we get to discovering the truth about Obama the more we understand why he is terrified of that truth.

'What is Obama hiding? Frankly, after being in Hawaii and conducting our first round of interviews, we think we have a clearer picture of what Obama is concealing, and why. We have more research and interviews to conduct before we can announce our opinions.

'In the meantime, I filed a lawsuit against the State of Hawaii to require the state to open Obama's birth records. The Governor and Director of the Department of Health are named as defendants.

'The case has been docketed as number 08-1-2147-10 and assigned to Circuit Judge Bert Ayabe.

'We will distribute copies of the lawsuit at a Saturday morning news conference, as well as making them available on a limited basis Friday evening upon written request. We will hold the Saturday morning news conference in front of the courthouse to provide additional information.

'Friday evening I will be available by cell phone from Ala Moana Beach Park.

'We will issue a news release later Friday with details of Saturday's news conference.

'The basic question remains: why is Obama trying to hide his life from birth to adulthood from the American people? Interestingly, we think we also know now why he has virtually imprisoned his white grandmother and refuses to allow her to appear in public. Who is the man behind Obama's mask? I think my book ‘Obama: The Man Behind The Mask' is aptly titled.

'Next week, we believe we will be in a position to remove Obama's mask and confront him with the truth about who he is and what he is.

'One TV news network has already tentatively scheduled a conference in New York on our return.'

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #776 on: October 21, 2008, 11:48:36 PM »

We ALL have to produce a birth certificate for loads of things. It's no big deal. At least it wasn't a big deal for me.

I have to wonder what he's hiding by refusing to allow a simple everyday birth certificate to be shown. It's not a big deal...........  or is it??

Well then, all I can say to that is that Obama must be keeping the records closed. Which makes him look all the more guilty. I'm shocked, that a man who refuses to produce a birth certificate can even run for the senate, let alone the president.

Was Barack Obama Jr. born on Aug. 4,1961, in Honolulu?? Kenya was a British colony, still part of the United Kingdom’s dwindling empire. As a Kenyan native, Barack Obama Sr. was a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948. That same act governed the status of Obama Sr.‘s children.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 22, 2008, 04:43:03 AM »

'Next week, we believe we will be in a position to remove Obama's mask and confront him with the truth about who he is and what he is.

Oh please let it be so and then I will fly DW's banner also!

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 22, 2008, 07:56:43 AM »

That's the third lawsuit that has been filed to get his birth certificate opened up. Unfortunately they are being filed late in the game. They needed to have been filed a long time ago. He can play these lawsuits out until after the election. Then if there is still a majority democrat Congress and him as president things could change quite rapidly to where it wouldn't make a difference.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 22, 2008, 08:08:58 AM »

Obama 'admits' Kenyan birth?
Campaign doesn't respond to claims in lawsuit over birth certificate

Pennsylvania Democrat Philip J. Berg, who filed a lawsuit demanding Sen. Barack Obama present proof of his American citizenship, now says that by failing to respond Obama has legally "admitted" to the lawsuit's accusations, including the charge that the Democratic candidate was born in Mombosa, Kenya.

As WND reported, Berg filed suit in U.S. District Court in August, alleging that Obama is not a natural-born citizen and is thus ineligible to serve as president of the United States. Though Obama has posted an image of a Hawaii birth certificate online, Berg demands that the court verify the original document, which the Obama campaign has not provided.

Now Berg cites Rule 36 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, which states that unless the accused party provides written answer or objection to charges within 30 days, the accused legally admits the matter.

Since Obama has only filed motions to dismiss and has not actually answered the charges in the lawsuit, Berg claims, according to Rule 36, Obama has legally admitted he is not a natural-born citizen.

Now Berg is asking the court for a formal declaration of Obama's admission and asking the Democratic National Committee for another presidential candidate.

In a statement released today, Berg argues that he filed Requests for Admissions on Sept. 15, 2008, meaning Obama had until Oct. 15 to answer or face the consequences of Rule 36.

"Obama and the DNC 'admitted,' by way of failure to timely respond to Requests for Admissions, all of the numerous specific requests in the Federal lawsuit," Berg's statement reads. "Obama is 'not qualified' to be president and therefore Obama must immediately withdraw his candidacy for president and the DNC shall substitute a qualified candidate."

Berg's original lawsuit leveled several charges at both Obama and the DNC – accusing the former of lying about his place of birth, faking his birth certificate and fraudulently running for office; and accusing the latter of not properly vetting its candidate.

Though it hasn't given Berg the evidence he seeks, the Obama campaign has publicly answered allegations that the candidate was born in Kenya and faked his Hawaii birth certificate.

"Smears claiming Barack Obama doesn't have a birth certificate aren't actually about that piece of paper," says the "Fight the Smears" section of Obama's website, "they're about manipulating people into thinking Barack is not an American citizen.

"The truth is, Barack Obama was born in the state of Hawaii in 1961, a native citizen of the United States of America," the campaign website states. It also includes images of a Hawaii birth certificate bearing the name Barack Hussein Obama II.

Berg has also taken the controversy public through his website and through repeated public offers to revoke the lawsuit if Obama will produce legal citizenship-establishing documents.

Without those documents, Berg has chosen to file two additional motions in district court in Philadelphia. The first asks the court to notify Obama and the DNC of what Berg understands they have now legally "admitted," and the second asks for an expedited ruling, given the quickly upcoming Nov. 4 election.

"It all comes down to the fact that there's nothing from the other side," Berg told Jeff Schreiber for his blog, America's Right. "The admissions are there. By not filing the answers or objections, the defense has admitted everything. He admits he was born in Kenya. He admits he was adopted in Indonesia. He admits that the documentation posted online is a phony. And he admits that he is constitutionally ineligible to serve as president of the United States."

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the