Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:27:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 147823 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2008, 09:23:09 AM »

All I can say is that Obama is either NAIVE OFF THE SCALE or he is a RAVING LUNATIC! This is really mild compared to what I really think.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2008, 09:34:48 AM »

All I can say is that Obama is either NAIVE OFF THE SCALE or he is a RAVING LUNATIC! This is really mild compared to what I really think.

Perhaps both?

In either case he is definitely a tool of the devil.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2008, 06:03:25 PM »

Now, in order to appease homosexual voters, Obama has taken it on himself to teach us which scriptures are “obscure” and which ones really matter. He also takes the authority to interpret the scripture so that it condones the tolerance of behavior it explicitly abhors in other passages. Selective, imaginative interpretation for political expediency like only the Obamessiah can do. Ironically, the Sermon on the mount that Obama refers to actually warns against false prophets.

Obama: Sermon on Mount Justifies Same-Sex Unions

Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) told a crowd at Hocking College in Nelsonville, Ohio, Sunday that he believes the Sermon on the Mount justifies his support for legal recognition of same-sex unions. He also told the crowd that his position in favor of legalized abortion does not make him "less Christian."

"I don't think it [a same-sex union] should be called marriage, but I think that it is a legal right that they should have that is recognized by the state," said Obama. "If people find that controversial then I would just refer them to the Sermon on the Mount, which I think is, in my mind, for my faith, more central than an obscure passage in Romans." ((Hear audio from WTAP-TV)) St. Paul's Epistle to the Romans condemns homosexual acts as unnatural and sinful.

Obama's mention of the Sermon on the Mount in justifying legal recognition of same-sex unions may have been a reference to the Golden Rule: "Do to others what you would have them do to you." Or it may have been a reference to another famous line: "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

The Sermon, recorded in the Gospel of Matthew, includes the Lord's Prayer, the Beatitudes, an endorsement of scriptural moral commandments ("anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven"), and condemnations of murder, divorce and adultery. It also includes a warning: "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves."

The passage from St. Paul's Epistle to the Romans, which Obama dismissed as "obscure," discusses people who knew God but turned against him.

"They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised," wrote St. Paul. "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

On the topic of abortion, Obama said his support for keeping it legal does not trespass on his Christian faith.

"I think that the bottom line is that in the end, I think women, in consultation with their pastors, and their doctors, and their family, are in a better position to make these decisions than some bureaucrat in Washington. That's my view," Obama said about abortion. "Again, I respect people who may disagree, but I certainly don't think it makes me less Christian. Okay." (Hear audio from WTAP-TV)

Obama opened his town-hall-type meeting at the college with a short speech and then provided lengthy answers to a handful of questions. One questioner, Leon Forte, a Protestant clergyman, asked Obama about evangelical Christians who were concerned about his position on issues that conservatives consider "litmus tests."

"Your campaign sets a quandary for most evangelical Christians because I believe that they believe in the social agenda that you have, but they have a problem in what the conservatives have laid out as the moral litmus tests as to who is worthy and who is not," said Forte. "So, I will ask you to speak to those two questions."

Obama volunteered that he believed Forte was talking about abortion and homosexual marriage, and then he gave answers on both issues that were not as explicit as positions he has staked out on these issues in other venues. Last Thursday, for example, as reported by Cybercast News Service, Obama published on his Web site an "open letter concerning LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) equality in America."

In that letter, Obama said he favored same-sex unions that were equal to marriage--including adoption rights--and that he was open to states codifying same-sex marriages.

"As your President, I will use the bully pulpit to urge states to treat same-sex couples with full equality in their family and adoption laws," Obama said in the letter. "I personally believe that civil unions represent the best way to secure that equal treatment. But I also believe that the federal government should not stand in the way of states that want to decide on their own how best to pursue equality for gay and lesbian couples--whether that means a domestic partnership, a civil union, or a civil marriage."

In Ohio on Sunday, before mentioning the Sermon on the Mount, Obama insisted he was against "gay marriage" and did not mention his support for allowing same-sex couples to adopt children and have the same "family" status as heterosexual couples.

"I will tell you that I don't believe in gay marriage, but I do think that people who are gay and lesbian should be treated with dignity and respect and that the state should not discriminate against them," said Obama on Sunday. "So, I believe in civil unions that allow a same-sex couple to visit each other in a hospital or transfer property to each other. I don't think it should be called marriage, but I think that it is a legal right that they should have that is recognized by the state. If people find that controversial then I would just refer them to the Sermon on the Mount, which I think is, in my mind, for my faith, more central than an obscure passage in Romans. That's my view."

Obama also has been more aggressive in framing his pro-abortion position previously than he was on Sunday. When he was in the Illinois Senate, for example, he repeatedly opposed a bill that would have defined as a "person" a baby who had survived an induced-labor abortion and was born alive.

In a 2001 Illinois Senate floor speech about that bill, he argued that to call a baby who survived an abortion a "person" would give it equal protection rights under the 14th Amendment and would give credibility to the argument that the same child inside its mother's womb was also a "person" and thus could not be aborted.

When the Illinois Senate bill was amended to make it identical to a federal law that included language to protect Roe v. Wade--and that the U.S. Senate voted unanimously to pass--Obama still opposed the bill, voting it down in the Illinois Senate committee he chaired.

Yet, in Ohio on Sunday, Obama depicted abortion as a tragedy to be avoided, while being kept legal.

"On the issue of abortion, that is always a tragic and painful issue," he said. "I think it is always tragic, and we should prevent it as much as possible .... But I think that the bottom line is that in the end, I think women, in consultation with their pastors, and their doctors, and their family, are in a better position to make these decisions than some bureaucrat in Washington. That's my view. Again, I respect people who may disagree, but I certainly don't think it makes me less Christian. Okay."

Before discussing his views on same-sex unions and abortion, Obama told the crowd he was a "devout Christian."

"In terms of my faith, there has been so much confusion that has been deliberately perpetrated through emails and so forth, so here are the simple facts," he said. "I am a Christian. I am a devout Christian. I have been a member of the same church for 20 years, pray to Jesus every night, and try to go to church as much as I can when they are not working me. Used to go quite often.

"These days, we haven't been at the home church--I haven't been home on Sunday--for several months now. So, my faith is important to me. It is not something that I try to push on other people. But it is something that helps to guide my life and my values."

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2008, 09:02:18 PM »

WHEW! I can't stand listening to the devil trying to quote Scripture from the Holy Bible. This is SICKENING! I find it extremely offensive for anyone to BUTCHER precious portions of Scripture from the Holy Bible, ESPECIALLY FOR POLITICAL PURPOSES!

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2008, 09:16:23 AM »

What Tom said.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2008, 07:13:46 AM »

Media silent on Obama's controversial interpretation of scripture
Jim Brown and Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 3/5/2008 10:00:00 AM

Conservative media watchdog Bob Knight says the national media virtually ignored Democratic presidential frontrunner Senator Barack Obama's recent use of the Sermon on the Mount to justify homosexual civil unions.

Senator Obama (D-Illinois) boldly declared in a campaign speech recently that states should legalize "same-sex unions" for homosexuals.  "If people find that controversial then I would just refer them to the Sermon on the Mount," says Obama. "Which I think is, in my mind, for my faith, more central than an obscure passage in Romans."

Bob Knight, director of the Culture and Media Institute, says the major television networks and most major newspapers did not report on Obama's remarks, which Knight says amount to a severe distortion of scripture. "You've got a presidential candidate invoking the Sermon on the Mount to justify an issue position ... that contradicts 2,000 years of church teaching -- and the media snore through it," he remarks.

And as to Obama's contention about an "obscure" passage in the Book of Romans? "Number one, it's not obscure," responds Knight. "It's well known by millions of Christians. Number two, it's not the only word in the Bible about this topic."

There are several reasons, Knight believes, that the press chose to gloss over the senator's revisionist interpretation of scripture.

"Number one, they may be biblically illiterate themselves -- so they really don't know how much he's stretching scripture or distorting it," he argues. "Number two, they probably agree with his point of view since most of them are pro-gay activist. Or number three, they feel that he's the candidate they like and they know that this could be quite controversial if people found out about it -- so they're not talking about it."

In general, adds Knight, the media have been "remarkably uncurious" about Obama's view of moral issues. "He's said a number of shocking things," says the pro-family spokesman. "He's defended his stance on abortion. He's now promoting homosexuality by citing the Sermon on the Mount."

Knight says he found it amusing the Dallas Morning News carried a story on Obama's speech -- mentioning he took great pains to say he was not a Muslim, but entirely ignoring his comments on civil unions.

The media watchdog suggests that if former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee had cited scripture to back public policy, it would have been reported heavily by the media. Knight cites as an example the Huckabee "floating cross" debacle and the ensuing media coverage. "[Reports about that] were on all the networks; it was all over the media," he points out. "But here's Obama actually citing scripture to take a very controversial stand on a hot issue, and they don't even find that newsworthy."

The only major print media outlets that covered Obama's civil union comments, notes Knight, were the political blogs of the Los Angeles Times and The Washington Times.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2008, 05:49:29 PM »

Military watchdog says Obama's pro-homosexual agenda would hurt military

A non-partisan military watchdog is concerned about a recent pledge made by Barack Obama that he would use the "bully pulpit" of the presidency to advance the radical homosexual agenda, including allowing homosexuals to serve in the military.

Senator Obama (D-Illinois) recently sent an open letter to the homosexual community pledging to support a number of their agenda items, including the complete repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act, which was passed by overwhelming bi-partisan support and signed into law by former President Bill Clinton. Obama also pledged to repeal the law that prohibits homosexuals from serving in the military -- known as "don't ask, don't tell."

Elaine Donnelly, president of the Center for Military Readiness, says such a move would be a huge mistake. "... I think the results would be [a] disaster. I think it would hurt our voluntary force. That would hurt our national security," she warns. "Everything to do with the gay agenda would have to become reality with the force of law."

It would be "so radical" if the military were ordered to adopt "a San Francisco-style civil rights agenda," says Donnelly. "This is indeed what this one candidate, Mr. Obama, has said he wants."

Donnelly says Obama's pro-homosexual agenda certainly would hurt more than just the military. It would affect all the institutions of American life, she believes, including the schools, marriage bureaus, and adoption bureaus.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2008, 11:14:14 PM »

Lawmaker affirms terrorists want Obama White House
Won't back down after Dem front-runner's campaign presses McCain to denounce congressman's remarks

An Iowa Republican congressman refuses to back down from his assertion terrorists will celebrate if Democratic candidate Sen. Barack Obama is elected president.

Rep. Steve King's interview with a paper in his home state Friday drew reaction from the Obama campaign, which demanded Republican presumptive nominee Sen. John McCain denounce the remarks.

King, speaking from Washington this morning, told Radio Iowa his comments were "factually accurate" and a "reasonable" assessment of how Obama is perceived in the Middle East.

"What is discouraging to me is to hear all the allegations that came out and all the name-calling that came my way because I pointed out something that has to do with the culture of the Middle East and how it will be viewed and how a declaration for defeat as a presidential candidate will be viewed by our enemies," King said.

"They'll see it as victory and that's really the central point."

The congressman told Radio Iowa the media missed his main contention: It's Obama's promise to pull American troops out of Iraq that will be celebrated by the terrorists as an American defeat.

"They will be dancing in the streets, and they'll be dancing in the streets in greater numbers than they did on September 11th," King said. "They will declare victory and they will use it to recruit more al-Qaida."

Radio Iowa noted King's mention of Obama's middle name, Hussein, sparked the most criticism over the weekend.

The congressman insisted he never used the name "Hussein" in Friday's interview with the Daily Reporter in Spencer, Iowa.

But King did refer to Obama's "middle name" as having different meaning for Muslims overseas, and in his radio interview this morning, he expanded on that.

"His middle name is the name of the grandson of Muhammad. It's used many, many times throughout the Muslim world and it associates itself with the religion and with the heritage and with the struggle and with some of the violence that's over there as well," King said. "And so it isn't just one person who was a dictator in Iraq, it's a thread that goes through the entire Muslim world."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2008, 07:51:16 PM »

Obama pastor: Not God bless, but God d--- America!
Rev. Jeremiah Wright also blames U.S. for 9/11

First he praised Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, giving him a humanitarian award and traveling with him to Libya to meet Moammar Gadhafi.

Then he turned his Trinity United Church of Christ into an institution that had all the earmarkings of a black separatist congregation.

And now he, it turns out, he has damned America in God's name and blamed the U.S. for provoking the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks by dropping nuclear weapons on Japan in World War II and supporting Israel since 1947.

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Barack Obama's pastor for the last 20 years, the man who married he and his wife, Michelle, and baptized their two daughters and is credited with providing the title of Obama's book, "The Audacity of Hope," has a long history of "inflammatory rhetoric."

But those discovered by an ABC News investigation may be the toppers.

ABC News reviewed dozens of Wright's sermons, finding repeated denunciations of the U.S. based on what he described as his reading of the Gospels and the treatment of black Americans.

"The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God d--- America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people," he said in a 2003 sermon. "God d--- America for treating our citizens as less than human. God d--- America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme."

In addition to damning America, he told his congregation on the Sunday after Sept. 11, 2001 that the U.S. had brought on al-Qaida's attacks because of its own terrorism, ABC News reports.

"We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye," Wright said in a sermon Sept. 16, 2001. "We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost," he told his congregation.

Obama declined to comment on Wright's denunciations of the U.S., but a campaign religious adviser, Shaun Casey, appearing on "Good Morning America" today, said Obama "had repudiated" those comments.

In a statement to ABC News, Obama's press spokesman Bill Burton said, "Sen. Obama has said repeatedly that personal attacks such as this have no place in this campaign or our politics, whether they're offered from a platform at a rally or the pulpit of a church. Sen. Obama does not think of the pastor of his church in political terms. Like a member of his family, there are things he says with which Sen. Obama deeply disagrees. But now that he is retired, that doesn't detract from Sen. Obama's affection for Rev. Wright or his appreciation for the good works he has done."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2008, 07:54:27 PM »

This conjoined with his refusal to wear a flag pin and not saluting the flag during the national anthem does in fact give an insight to Obama's stance on America.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2008, 09:23:24 PM »

More on this:

In recorded sermons that may run afoul of IRS guidelines, sure to give the story legs - Wright compares Obama to Jesus, declares America a country controlled by “rich white people,” and claims Jesus was “a poor black man who lived in a country and who lived in a culture controlled by rich white people.” He goes on to claim that people are “hating” on Obama as he isn’t “white, privileged and rich,” as is Hillary Clinton. He closes by stating that, “Hillary ain’t never been called a nigger!”

Given Obama’s close ties to both the pastor and the church and his attempt to run a post-racial campaign, it’s fair to say he has some formidable PR challenges ahead.

During a Christmas sermon, Wright tried to compare Obama’s upbringing to Jesus at the hands of the Romans.

“Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people,” Wright said. “Hillary would never know that.

“Hillary ain’t never been called a nigger. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person.”

In his Jan. 13 sermon, Wright said:

“Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.”

FOX News purchased the video recordings of Wright’s sermons from the church.

“It’s pretty clear an indirect endorsement of Barack Obama - that’s not something you’re supposed to do according to the tax code,” said Andrew Walsh, a professor at Trinity College who specializes in religion in politics.

The tax code bans churches from participating in or intervening in a political campaign. Violations can result in the loss of a church’s tax exempt status.

The Obama campaign issued a statement in response to FOX News’ inquiries about Wright’s sermons.

If Hillary Clinton had to repudiate Geraldine Ferraro for her clumsy and foolish identity-politics rhetoric, then Obama surely has to provide a better response to Wright than comparing him to a crazy uncle in the attic. Wright has a largely ceremonial position in the Obama campaign, but an obvious influence on Obama, as he named his book after a theme from Wright’s sermon.

Now we know where Michelle Obama’s resentment of America comes from ... her profanity-spewing pastor.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2008, 01:10:00 AM »

This conjoined with his refusal to wear a flag pin and not saluting the flag during the national anthem does in fact give an insight to Obama's stance on America.

If one just listens to what Obama himself says and writes, it becomes apparent pretty quickly that he would do his best to turn our country into some weird mix of communism, socialism, and humanism. Add some far left LUNACY to the mix and you have the perfect recipe for destruction.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2008, 04:12:28 PM »

Obama's minister said America
made AIDS to wipe out blacks
Candidate's spiritual mentor, role model
charged U.S. is 'No. 1 killer in the world'

In another controversial sermon pulled from the archives of Barack Obama's longtime pastor and mentor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr. called America the "No. 1 killer in the world" and blamed the country for launching the AIDS virus to maintain affluence at the expense of the Third World.

The Chicago minister who married the Obamas and baptized their daughters said in a January 2006 sermon at his alma mater, Howard University, "America is still the No. 1 killer in the world. … We are deeply involved in the importing of drugs, the exporting of guns and the training of professional killers."

Speaking at the Washington, D.C., school's Andrew Rankin Memorial Chapel, Wright said, "We started the AIDS virus. … We are only able to maintain our level of living by making sure that Third World people live in grinding poverty."

The pastor reportedly said in a sermon just after 9/11, "The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color. The government lied."

In a 2003 sermon, reported yesterday, Wright encouraged blacks to damn America in God's name and blamed the U.S. for provoking the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks by dropping nuclear weapons on Japan in World War II and supporting Israel since 1947.

Wright has a formal role with Obama's campaign, noted the Politico's Ben Smith, as a member of its African American Religious Leadership Committee. Smith said the campaign couldn't immediately say whether the pastor would remain on the panel.

In the Howard University sermon, Wright, who retired one month ago from Trinity United Church of Christ, charged the country won't allow a black president.

"We've got more black men in prison than there are in college," he said. "Racism is alive and well. Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run. No black man will ever be considered for president, no matter how hard you run Jesse [Jackson] and no black woman can ever be considered for anything outside what she can give with her body."

Wright continued: "America is still the No. 1 killer in the world. … We are deeply involved in the importing of drugs, the exporting of guns, and the training of professional killers. … We bombed Cambodia, Iraq and Nicaragua, killing women and children while trying to get public opinion turned against Castro and Ghadhafi. … We put (Nelson) Mandela in prison and supported apartheid the whole 27 years he was there. We believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God."

Wright then turned to the Middle East.

"We supported Zionism shamelessly while ignoring the Palestinians and branding anybody who spoke out against it as being anti-Semitic. … We care nothing about human life if the end justifies the means. …"

In a Pittsburgh Tribune-Review interview yesterday, Obama, who's been a member of Trinity Church for 20 years, was asked to respond to Wright's 2003 sermon in which he said blacks should sing "God D--- America."

"I haven't seen the line," Obama said. "This is a pastor who is on the brink of retirement who in the past has made some controversial statements. I profoundly disagree with some of these statements."

The senator then was asked, "What about this particular statement?"

"Obviously, I disagree with that," he said. "Here is what happens when you just cherry-pick statements from a guy who had a 40-year career as a pastor. There are times when people say things that are just wrong. But I think it's important to judge me on what I've said in the past and what I believe."

In a statement to ABC News, which unearthed a video of the sermon, Obama's press spokesman Bill Burton said, "Sen. Obama has said repeatedly that personal attacks such as this have no place in this campaign or our politics, whether they're offered from a platform at a rally or the pulpit of a church. Sen. Obama does not think of the pastor of his church in political terms. Like a member of his family, there are things he says with which Sen. Obama deeply disagrees. But now that he is retired, that doesn't detract from Sen. Obama's affection for Rev. Wright or his appreciation for the good works he has done."

Mentor, role model

Obama addressed Wright's statements on Israel at a Feb. 24 meeting with Jewish leaders in Cleveland, describing the pastor as "an old uncle who sometimes will say things that I don't agree with."

In a January 2007 Chicago Tribune profile of Wright, however, Obama spoke of the pastor as a spiritual mentor and role model who helped keep his priorities straight and his moral compass calibrated.

"What I value most about Pastor Wright is not his day-to-day political advice," Obama said. "He's much more of a sounding board for me to make sure that I am speaking as truthfully about what I believe as possible and that I'm not losing myself in some of the hype and hoopla and stress that's involved in national politics."

The Tribune said Obama, then a community activist in Chicago, was first attracted to Wright's Trinity United Church of Christ in 1985 when it bore a "Free South Africa" sign on the lawn.

Obama was not a churchgoer at the time, the paper noted, but he found himself returning to the sanctuary. In his 1993 memoir "Dreams from My Father," Obama recounts that when he met Wright, the pastor warned that getting involved with Trinity might turn off other black clergy because of the church's radical reputation.

Before leaving for Harvard Law School in 1988, Obama responded to one of Wright's altar calls and declared a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Later, the rising political star based his 2004 keynote speech to the Democratic National Convention on a Wright sermon called "Audacity to Hope," who also was the inspiration for Obama's second memoir, "The Audacity of Hope."

The Tribune profile said that while Wright and Obama do not often talk one-on-one often, the senator checks with his pastor before making any bold political moves, including in 2006, when considering a run for the White House.

Wright reportedly cautioned Obama not to let politics change him, but he also encouraged him to dive in, win or lose.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2008, 10:58:33 PM »

This guy should be put on one of these and have the Bible read to him because he obviously doesn't know what it says.  I wonder where he got his education.  And even if he got a good education, he obviously has his own agenda.

Let us fight the good fight!
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2008, 10:59:29 PM »

PS.  I wish we still had the sense to hang traitors.

Let us fight the good fight!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the