Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:36:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286958 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 171661 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: July 26, 2008, 07:51:15 PM »

Wall rabbi: Obama's note 'private'  

By  Published: 07/25/2008 

The Western Wall rabbi condemned an Israeli newspaper for publishing a note Barack Obama left in the Wall.

Sen. Obama (D-Ill.), the presumptive Democratic nominee, visited Israel this week and before leaving early Thursday morning, prayed at the Wall, the largest remnant of the Second Font size:     
 Print article 

Temple and the holiest site in Judaism.

A yeshiva student pulled the note, handwritten on King David Hotel stationery, out of the Wall, and Ma'ariv published it: "Lord, Protect my family and me. Forgive me my sins and help me guard against pride and despair. Give me the wisdom to do what is right and just. And make me an instrument of your will."

The Wall's rabbi, Shmuel Rabinovitz, said Friday that publication of the note violated Obama's privacy.

Let us fight the good fight!
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 27, 2008, 06:48:07 PM »

(Found this on Seattle's Craigslist again)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following email was forwarded to me by a friend of the writer in Bagram Afganistan;

Shows Obamas true colors in my opinion.

I have been in the Middle East now for 3 years. Have seen photo ops by the dozen. I know when folks are "frontin'". McCain has been in this area many times talking to the troops and letting them know how important they are to the American people. But you don't see it because it's not a photo op. It's genuine.

This man is no commander in chief. Being articulate might make you SOUND presidential, but it in no way qualifies you to be president.

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

Hello everyone,

As you know I am not a very political person. I just wanted to pass along that Senator Obama came to Bagram Afghanistan for about an hour on his visit to 'The War Zone'. I wanted to share with you what happened. He got off the plane and got into a bullet proof vehicle, got to the area to meet with the Major General (2 Star) who is the commander here at Bagram. As the Soldiers where lined up to shake his hand he blew them off and didn't say a word as he went into the conference room to meet the General. As he finished, the vehicles took him to the ClamShell (pretty much a big top tent that military personnel can play basketball or work out in with weights) so he could take his publicity pictures playing basketball. He again shunned the opportunity to talk to Soldiers to thank them for their service. So really he was just here to make a showing for the American's back home that he is their candidate for President. I think that if you are going to make an effort to come all the way over here you would thank those that are providing the freedom that they are providing for you. I swear we got more thanks from the NBA Basketball Players or the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders than from one of the Senators, who wants to be the President of the United States. I just don't understand how anyone would want him to be our Commander-in-Chief. It was almost that he was scared to be around those that provide the freedom for him and our great country.

If this is blunt and to the point I am sorry but I wanted you all to know what kind of caliber of person he really is. What you see in the news is all fake.

In service,

CPT Jeffrey S. Porter
Battle Captain
TF Wasatch
American Soldier

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 27, 2008, 07:09:47 PM »

Being articulate might make you SOUND presidential

I know this isn't really on this article but it is something that has bugged me for some time. I keep hearing the comment about how Obama is so articulate. It really gets to me because the majority of his speeches are so full of um's and ah's and reversals. When I went through speech class and again when I went through Instructor Training that was always considered a big NO to do. It shows a person that is not able to think on their feet, a person that is not sure of themselves let alone the subject they are speaking on. He speaks in this manner to someone of another country as President and they will consider him as someone that is afraid of them. A good quality for a President of the U.S.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Actually this article is just an extension of that thought. He is all show and no substance. He has no clue as to those things that are important.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 27, 2008, 07:21:35 PM »

I know this isn't really on this article but it is something that has bugged me for some time. I keep hearing the comment about how Obama is so articulate. It really gets to me because the majority of his speeches are so full of um's and ah's and reversals. When I went through speech class and again when I went through Instructor Training that was always considered a big NO to do. It shows a person that is not able to think on their feet, a person that is not sure of themselves let alone the subject they are speaking on. He speaks in this manner to someone of another country as President and they will consider him as someone that is afraid of them. A good quality for a President of the U.S.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Actually this article is just an extension of that thought. He is all show and no substance. He has no clue as to those things that are important.

You are so right on the speech thing.  We were taught that also.  I was watching FOX recently and they were talking to some young reporter out in the field.  I kid you not, there were at least five "um's" in every single sentence!  It got to the point that I lost track of what the original topic was and that was all I could hear.  I'm sure she was new and maybe this was her first report and she was really nervous.  I remember thinking that whoever her supervisor was, would have her in the office shortly.

As for Obama.....yeah....what's HIS excuse?  Oh okay...I'll take a wild guess...a shot in the dark....INSINCERITY?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 27, 2008, 07:34:38 PM »

There's a video going around the internet of a segment of Obama giving an interview. It is a 7 1/2 minute segment of him doing nothing but um's and ah's. It wasn not edited nor was it spliced together. I'm sorry but I would have had a strong urge to slap him in the back of the head in an attempt to get the words out after the first minute of that garbage.

You're right it is insincerity along with just not knowing anything about the subject. His lack in this area will be our undoing if it isn't his first.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 27, 2008, 08:06:45 PM »

I'm sorry but I would have had a strong urge to slap him in the back of the head in an attempt to get the words out after the first minute of that garbage.

You're right it is insincerity along with just not knowing anything about the subject. His lack in this area will be our undoing if it isn't his first.

True statement PR.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: July 27, 2008, 09:15:07 PM »

There's a video going around the internet of a segment of Obama giving an interview. It is a 7 1/2 minute segment of him doing nothing but um's and ah's. It wasn not edited nor was it spliced together. I'm sorry but I would have had a strong urge to slap him in the back of the head in an attempt to get the words out after the first minute of that garbage.

Please feel free to slap him at will............

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 27, 2008, 09:41:10 PM »

Please feel free to slap him at will............

Remember this "oldie but goody"?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 27, 2008, 09:47:08 PM »

Yep. He's got the right idea.

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #384 on: July 28, 2008, 09:08:48 AM »

I am beginning to seriously believe that the O is slipping.

Was out on outreach last night.  Ran into what is quite often core Democrat.  Retired Roman Catholic Woman.  That demographic more often than not is seeded in the Dem's pocket.  But she said that Obama scares her.  And that she is not going to vote for him.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 28, 2008, 09:58:57 AM »

I am beginning to seriously believe that the O is slipping.

Was out on outreach last night.  Ran into what is quite often core Democrat.  Retired Roman Catholic Woman.  That demographic more often than not is seeded in the Dem's pocket.  But she said that Obama scares her.  And that she is not going to vote for him.

It sure is nice to get up in the morning and read some encouraging news with your cup of coffee!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 28, 2008, 11:16:24 AM »

It sure is nice to get up in the morning and read some encouraging news with your cup of coffee!

Yes, it is great to see some good news. I have heard from some media sources that there are more and more that are feeling the same as this woman does. That is great news indeed.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 28, 2008, 12:13:05 PM »

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 28, 2008, 12:32:00 PM »

You want a real eye opener? There is a video of Times Of London Columnist Gerald Baker reading his July 25th column that was aired just recently on Fox News that is also available in various places on the internet. This video shows just how many view Obama and I would say that it is not off in the least bit. It goes right along with comments that Brother Bob and I have made in this thread.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 28, 2008, 01:07:05 PM »

I LOVE it!

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the