Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 06:36:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286958 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 171675 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: July 25, 2008, 01:38:34 AM »

Man.....Man....Wow....

I've been waiting to hear about what happened in Israel and what they thought about him...if they could see through him like we can....I think the heckler just let us know!  I'm just going to say it.....WHAT A JERK!

I was just talking with my oldest daughter tonight and we hardly ever talk politics because our views are way different.  She's more liberal, bless her little misguided heart....but anyway she even says that she won't vote for Obama.  She said, "I don't know mom...there's just something about him...his arrogance...but something else...I just never liked him."
So seeing an open door that usually isn't there on this subject, I jumped right on iin and filled her in!  You guys know I did to! 
I'm glad to hear that she won't be voting for him.  I just hope and pray that others who may be liberal in their politics can at least see through this guy before election day!

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 25, 2008, 02:45:29 AM »

So seeing an open door that usually isn't there on this subject, I jumped right on iin and filled her in!  You guys know I did to!

Yep, I can see it.   Grin Grin

I'm glad to hear that she won't be voting for him.  I just hope and pray that others who may be liberal in their politics can at least see through this guy before election day!

Me, too! I have heard a number of people that normally vote a democratic ticket say that they will be voting for McCain. The rumor mill is saying that group is growing by the day.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 25, 2008, 07:52:26 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Watching this election has almost been like watching an episode of the Twilight Zone. The things we are seeing and hearing are hard to believe. In the back of my mind, I have the thought:  this can't be happening here. I always thought there were limits of what the majority of people would tolerate. I was either completely wrong or the limits have changed. I really think that the limits have changed drastically in just the last 10 years.

Do I understand it?  NO!

Is GOD giving people over to their own worldly lusts and desires? This might be the answer.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 59 - 1 John 3:1-2 Behold, what manner of love
the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of
God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what
we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like
him; for we shall see him as he is.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: July 25, 2008, 08:07:15 AM »

Barack Obama  promised Thursday that he would work to unite Christians, Muslims and Jews in a safer, more united world.

The more he talks about this, the more he sounds like the anti-christ. Course we know where his dad is from. We also know the area the anti-christ comes from. Though even if he is the anti-christ. Obama would know it yet. Since Obama-nation isn't from the mid-east. He can't be the anti-christ, least in my thinking.

Hmmmmm a little more thinking, and research I think is needed.

From the many other statements that he has given it is clear that he either doesn't know scripture or he considers it completely false. Either way no he doesn't know the implications to that statement. Do we hear the coming of the beast?

My thoughts as well brother.......................

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 25, 2008, 09:34:56 AM »

The more he talks about this, the more he sounds like the anti-christ. Course we know where his dad is from. We also know the area the anti-christ comes from. Though even if he is the anti-christ. Obama would know it yet. Since Obama-nation isn't from the mid-east. He can't be the anti-christ, least in my thinking.

Hmmmmm a little more thinking, and research I think is needed.

My thoughts as well brother.......................

Is he an anti-christ? It appears quite so.

Is he The Anti-christ? Possibly, but I don't think so. He doesn't fit the complete profile at least not yet.

Is he setting the stage for The Anti-christ? Yes, right along with a whole slew of other people.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 25, 2008, 10:30:25 AM »

Obama's $845 billion U.N. plan
forwarded to U.S. Senate floor
'Global Poverty Act' to cost
each citizen $2,500 or more

The U.S. Senate soon could be debating whether you, your spouse and each of your children – as well as your in-laws, parents, grandparents, neighbors and everyone else in America – each will be spending $2,500 or more to reduce poverty around the world.

The plan sponsored by Sen. Barack Obama, the presumptive Democratic nominee for the office of president, is estimated to cost the United States some $845 billion over the coming few years in an effort to raise the standard of living around the globe.

S.2433 already has been approved in one form by the U.S. House of Representatives, and now has been placed on the Senate Legislative Calendar for pending debate.

WND previously has reported the proposal demands the president develop "and implement" a policy to "cut extreme global poverty in half by 2015 through aid, trade, gotcha120" and other programs.

Cliff Kincaid at Accuracy in Media has published a critique asserting that while the Global Poverty Act sounds nice, the adoption could "result in the imposition of a global tax on the United States" and would make levels "of U.S. foreign aid spending subservient to the dictates of the United Nations."

He said the legislation, if approved, dedicates 0.7 percent of the U.S. gross national product to foreign aid, which over 13 years he said would amount to $845 billion "over and above what the U.S. already spends."

The plan passed the House in 2007 "because most members didn't realize what was in it," Kincaid reported. "Congressional sponsors have been careful not to calculate the amount of foreign aid spending that it would require."

A recent statement from Obama's office noted the support offered by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

"With billions of people living on just dollars a day around the world, global poverty remains one of the greatest challenges and tragedies the international community faces," Obama said. "It must be a priority of American foreign policy to commit to eliminating extreme poverty and ensuring every child has food, shelter, and clean drinking water. As we strive to rebuild America's standing in the world, this important bill will demonstrate our promise and commitment to those in the developing world.

"Our commitment to the global economy must extend beyond trade agreements that are more about increasing profits than about helping workers and small farmers everywhere," he continued.

"Not one dime would go to fixing America," the commentary said.

Obama has continued to lobby for such massive expenditures on his campaign stops. During an address as recently as last week, he said, "I'll double our foreign assistance to $50 billion by 2012, and use it to support a stable future in failing states, and sustainable growth in Africa; to halve global poverty and to roll back disease."

Beck and Kincaid pointed out that the plan not only commits the U.S. to the anti-poverty spending proposal, it also adopts for the U.S. the United Nations Millennium Development Goal, which includes a variety treaties and protocols advocated by the U.N.

Objections have remained strong. On a posting also available at the All American blogger, a commentator warned that the U.S. has yet to be able to win its own war on poverty.

"On January 8, 1964, President Lyndon Johnson declared "all-out war on human poverty and unemployment in these United States." This "all-out war" would last through the presidencies of Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, H.W. Bush, Clinton, and George W. Bush. We have spent billions of dollars fighting this war, and what have we achieved?"

He continued, "Very little. In 1964, there were 36 million Americans living in poverty, or about 19 percent of the population. In the 40 years between 1964 and 2004: ... poverty never measured less than 11 percent of the population. In 1983, under President Reagan, poverty registered 15.2 percent; in 1993, at the beginning of Bill Clinton's presidency, poverty was measured at 13.7 percent of the population. In 2004, under George W. Bush, a president often accused by the political Left as not caring about the poor, the poverty rate declined to 12.7 percent. Still, some 37 million Americans remain poor."

Despite that performance, "Obama is ready to take the fight global," said commentator Duane Lester.

"In addition to seeking to eradicate poverty, that declaration commits nations to banning 'small arms and light weapons' and ratifying a series of treaties, including the International Criminal Court Treaty, the Kyoto Protocol (global warming treaty), the Convention on Biological Diversity, the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women, and the Convention on the Rights of the Child," he wrote.

Tom DeWeese at NewsWithViews said the plan "is very telling" about what Obama would do as president.

DeWeese, president of the American Policy Center, warned the over-arching plan includes the ideals of consolidating all international agencies under the U.N., regulation by the U.N. of all corporate environmental issues, license fees charged by the U.N. to use air, water and natural resources, a restructuring that would give hand-picked non-governmental organizations huge influence, authorize a standing U.N. army and require registration of all arms.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 25, 2008, 11:08:15 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I replied to the other post, so please allow me to post the same reply to this one.

Collectively, the U.N. isn't even close to reaching the maturity and intelligence levels of the Three Stooges. They don't have any business running or managing ANYTHING! We could also take a sampling from various prisons and have a much higher level of HONESTY! Sadly, a troop of baboons could run the world better than the U.N., so these plans are INSANE!

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 25, 2008, 01:31:57 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Watching this election has almost been like watching an episode of the Twilight Zone. The things we are seeing and hearing are hard to believe. In the back of my mind, I have the thought:  this can't be happening here. I always thought there were limits of what the majority of people would tolerate. I was either completely wrong or the limits have changed. I really think that the limits have changed drastically in just the last 10 years.

Do I understand it?  NO!

Is GOD giving people over to their own worldly lusts and desires? This might be the answer.

Love In Christ,
Tom

I think you've hit the nail on the head my brother.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 25, 2008, 01:49:19 PM »

Obama's $845 billion U.N. plan
forwarded to U.S. Senate floor
'Global Poverty Act' to cost
each citizen $2,500 or more

The U.S. Senate soon could be debating whether you, your spouse and each of your children – as well as your in-laws, parents, grandparents, neighbors and everyone else in America – each will be spending $2,500 or more to reduce poverty around the world.

The plan sponsored by Sen. Barack Obama, the presumptive Democratic nominee for the office of president, is estimated to cost the United States some $845 billion over the coming few years in an effort to raise the standard of living around the globe.

How about raising the standard of living right here!  He seems more concerned with his Muslim brothers than he does about the the countrymen that he is running to lead here.

As far as proverty, we just had to lay off 2 very wonderful people at the mission who had a lot to contribute to our homeless here, which is on the rise by the way, because dontations are not coming in this year like they have in the past.  It was very sad and they are in my prayers daily.  We had one gal call just the other day wanting shelter because she can no longer pay her rent.  She said that she never thought she'd be homeless, but she just can't keep up any more.
Our mission works solely on donations.  We don't take any state or federal grants, because then they could tell us..."Well, you can offer Bible classes but you can make anyone attend them."  Sorry but it isn't called, a "Gospel" mission for nothing!  That is our whole ministry.  Changing lives through Christ.
So how about helping us here Obama?  But then that is not where you're "loyalties" lie, is it?!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 25, 2008, 05:48:50 PM »

The situation you are experiencing at the mission is happening all over the U.S. right now. The policies that our government has put in p[lace is the primary cause of it and those bills that the majority of the democrats want to put through is going to make things worse. We can see that it is not just Obama that has loyalties elsewhere.

He seems more concerned with his Muslim brothers than he does about the the countrymen that he is running to lead here.

Are we sure that he is running to lead the country here? If so it is with the intent of leading them over a very steep cliff.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 25, 2008, 08:38:04 PM »

The situation you are experiencing at the mission is happening all over the U.S. right now. The policies that our government has put in p[lace is the primary cause of it and those bills that the majority of the democrats want to put through is going to make things worse. We can see that it is not just Obama that has loyalties elsewhere.

Are we sure that he is running to lead the country here? If so it is with the intent of leading them over a very steep cliff.

It reminds of an espionage movie where they use some lacky to get what they want, promising him the world, as it were, and then they off him later.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 25, 2008, 08:49:23 PM »

It reminds of an espionage movie where they use some lacky to get what they want, promising him the world, as it were, and then they off him later.

Sounds like what satan tried in Mat 4:8.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 26, 2008, 02:22:34 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Realistically, we must help our own first. If we don't, who will have the ability to help the rest of the world. I'm not talking about mandatory taxes - rather voluntary help that Christians simply give out of love. Typically, government aid nearly always has large amounts of corruption and waste attached to it. Greedy politicians from various governments steal it or otherwise prevent it from getting to the intended destination. Christian organizations are much better at getting the help to the people who need it.

Sister Yvette, I feel quite sure that your mission is much better at using resources than the government. Your mission and thousands like it around the country MUST survive. They are literally keeping people alive, and the general population must be kept informed about what these missions are doing and what these missions need. These missions need to keep detailed records so that they can prove how efficiently donations are used. I'm convinced there are people in the community who will help these missions continue. We have several in my city that I'm thinking about right now. They work great, and their efficiency is much higher than any government program. As a result, everything they do for raising funds works well and beyond their expectations. They've also managed to get numerous businesses to serve as sponsors for many things they need. Something as simple as a spaghetti supper makes big money. If you need other ideas, please holler. I honestly believe that most citizens want these missions to continue, and you might be surprised to find out how generous people are to make sure these missions do continue their work. This is much different than the government taking money from me and wasting it in unknown ways. I can see these missions working for myself and know exactly how the donations are being used, so there is no comparison to government programs.

By the way, I feel it is very wrong for our government to force us by taxes to support corrupt programs that are supposed to help people in other parts of the world. Instead, they should let our Christian organizations help them in much more efficient and voluntary ways.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 410 - Psalms 31:3 For thou art my rock and my
fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 26, 2008, 06:34:10 PM »

Obama Downplays Political Impact of Overseas Visit
by FOXNews.com
Saturday, July 26, 2008

Barack Obama downplayed the political implications of his weeklong trip to Europe and the Middle East Saturday, saying he wouldn’t be surprised if he saw a downtick in his poll numbers upon his return.
(Especially after the dispicable way he behaved in Israel.)

The Illinois senator spoke to reporters in London on the final stop of his tour, after meeting with British Prime Minister Gordon Brown.

After a week of photo ops, high-level talks with foreign leaders and media coverage befitting an international celeb, Obama said he doesn’t even know if the trip will help him — in the U.S., anyway.
(I don't think he really cares what the U.S. thinks, do you?)

“You know, I’m not sure that there is going to be some immediate political impact. You know, I wouldn’t even be surprised if that in some polls that you saw a little bit of a dip as a consequence,” Obama said.

People in the U.S., he said, are worried about gas prices and home foreclosures.

“The reason that I thought this trip was important is that I am convinced that many issues that we face at home are not going to be solved as effectively unless we have strong partners abroad,” he said. “And unless we get a handle on Iraq and Afghanistan, not only are we going to be less safe, but it’s also going to be a huge drain on resources.”
(Translation: "Unless I can partner with my Muslim brothers and make deals behind America's back, I'm not going to get very far.")

Rival John McCain’s campaign teased Obama from afar over the past week, accusing him of making a premature victory lap. Polls taken during the trip showed negligible changes in public attitudes toward the candidates.

But Obama noted Saturday that McCain took a similar trip during the campaign season and also recently visited Latin America.
(I wonder just how similar Obama?  Did he have his campain pals plaster large smiling posters of himself all over foregin countries?)

“He was telling me I was supposed to take this trip,” Obama said. “Although I’ve got to admit we had it planned before he made the suggestion.”

Since arriving in Europe, Obama has emphasized strengthening trans-Atlantic relations, first in a high-profile speech in Berlin and Friday during a meeting with French President Nicolas Sarkozy.
(I'm sure this was done with the Oval Office's blessing??)

Obama said he and Brown discussed a wide range of issues, such as climate change, terrorism and financial markets.
(The first one is a non-issue and I'm sure lots of plans and promises were made in the other two.)

“The prime minister’s emphasis — like mine — is on how we can strengthen the trans-Atlantic relationship to solve problems that can’t be solved by any single country individually,” he said.
(Translation: "How can we speed up this One World Government thing?")

He said, “I think there is a deep and abiding affection for the British people in America, and a fascination with all things British that is not going to go away any time soon.”

The Democratic hopeful seemed relaxed as he strolled down to the prime minister’s office at 10 Downing St., pausing briefly to shake the hands of two somewhat startled police officers standing near the door.
(One officer to the next: "God 'elp America gov, 'cause 'hat looks 'ike a wuf in sheeps cloth'ing.")

He turned to television cameras, smiled, waved and said “hello” before walking into Number 10. Brown greeted him just inside the door.
("Hi Mom!  Looky me, looky me!)

Pooled television images showed Brown offering Obama a chair on the Downing Street terrace before the pair settled down for two hours of talks.

They later took a stroll in the sunshine around Horse Guards Parade, the vast open space where military reviews, such as Trooping the Color, are often held. Tourists snapped pictures from a distance while security guards walked ahead of the two men.

The walk offered a photo opportunity with a London backdrop for Obama, whose visit to Britain has been decidedly low-key, particularly after the huge crowds he drew earlier in the week in Germany.

Obama later said he had also wanted to take a walk through St. James’ Park, but security guards pulled him and Brown back. The park is near Buckingham Palace, home of Queen Elizabeth II.

Obama stressed the importance of the bond between the two nations.
("Come on.  You like me dont' ya?  Please like me.)

“We’ve been through two world wars together. We speak a common language. We share a belief in rule of law and due process,” he said “We just like the people. There is a deep and abiding affection for the British people in America and a fascination with all things British that’s not going to go away any time soon.”

The Illinois senator also offered reassurance to Brown, whose plummeting popularity took another hit this week when he lost a parliamentary by-election in a Scottish seat long held by the governing Labour Party. But Obama pointedly said Brown didn’t need his political advice.

You’re always more popular before you’re actually in charge,” Obama said. “Once you’re responsible, then you’re going to make some people unhappy.”
(Sounds like an omen.)

From 10 Downing Street, Obama traveled a short distance to meet with David Cameron, leader of the opposition party. The two men sat in comfortable chairs in an alcove for their discussions.

Earlier, he met with former Prime Minister Tony Blair, who is now a Middle East envoy. The meeting lasted for just over an hour.
(Possibly Mr. Blair figured that he had much more important things to do!)

« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 06:35:46 PM by grammyluv » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 26, 2008, 06:55:04 PM »

lol ... it really isn't funny but I do like your comments. Your assessment is right on the mark the way I see it.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the