Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:37:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 147909 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2008, 02:10:57 PM »

Radical Muslims for Obama

With its similarity to popular online sites such as Facebook and MySpace and its links to a network of grassroots blogs, Barack Obama’s campaign website has been hailed as a testament to the candidate’s transformative politics. But at least part of the senator’s online outreach, “Muslim Americans for Obama ’08,” proposes installing Muslim prayer areas in public places and giving Muslims time off for prayer and has denounced Obama’s colleagues in the U.S. Senate who happen to be Jewish. This segment of Obama's online outreach also has ties to unindicted co-conspirators in terror trials and has recruited Obama supporters from among the ranks of fundamentalist Muslim extremists.

On the blog, which is attached to BarackObama.com, viewers can read about “the Senate pro-Israeli zionist hawk Joe Lieberman,” as well as criticism aimed at Obama himself for getting too cozy with the Israeli lobby. As stated on the blog, that last part was derived from information found on Electronic Intifada (EI), a terror apologist website based in Chicago, Illinois, Obama’s hometown. According to the site’s co-founder, Ali Abunimah, Senator Obama once told him, regarding Abunimah’s anti-American and anti-Israel writings, to “Keep up the good work!”

While the Muslim Americans for Obama ’08 blog is hosted by Obama’s website, it is actually part of another site that goes by the same name, located at muslimsforobama08.com. The registered agent for the site is Zakiyah Omar, a women’s costume designer from Jacksonville, Florida. Omar has been involved in the Obama campaign since December 2006 (She has had the site since February ’07). She too has her own blog hosted by the official Obama website.

On the Muslim Americans for Obama ’08 site, one will find a list of upcoming events, issues and solutions, details on how to join, a links section to sites of interest, and of course, a link to the blog. There’s even a toll-free number to call for more information.

Within the events section, a number of the listings pertain to conferences and conventions being sponsored by organizations that have a number of troubling ties. One is the 44th Annual ISNA National Convention, held in Rosemont, Illinois.

ISNA or the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) was recently named an “Unindicted Co-conspirator” for a Dallas trial that dealt with the funding of millions of dollars to Hamas. Beginning in December 2003, ISNA was the subject of a Senate investigation into the financing of terror groups overseas. The group currently uses its website to propagate violent hatred against Jews and Christians.

Another of the events listed is the 32nd ICNA-MAS Convention, held in Hartford, Connecticut. ICNA or the Islamic Circle of North America, in August 2006, was the top donor to a Pakistani charity that, at the time, had given $99,000 to the head of Hamas, Khaled Mashaal. Four people associated with the ICNA-related ‘Houston Taliban’ were arrested and charged with jihad training with firearms, for the purpose of joining the Taliban to attack Americans overseas.

MAS or the Muslim American Society, like ISNA, uses the web to spread violent hatred against non-Muslims. In April 2004, MAS’s Communications Director, Randall Todd “Ismail” Royer, was sentenced to 20 years in prison for his activities within the ‘Virginia Jihad Network,’ a group that was conspiring with Laskar-e-Taiba (LeT) to attack Americans and Indians abroad.

Yet another event listing is the 2007 MANA National Convention, held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. MANA or the Muslim Alliance in North America was founded in May of 2000, in response to the arrest of cop killer H. Rap Brown, a.k.a. Jamil Al-Amin. The President (Amir) of the organization is Siraj Wahhaj, an individual that was named by the U.S. government an “Unindicted Co-conspirator” in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.

According to Muslim Americans for Obama ’08, it took part in “VOTER REGISTRATION/INFORMATION BOOTHS,” at each of the above venues. Taking that into consideration, since Muslim Americans for Obama ’08 is officially part of the Barack Obama for President team – or as the campaign puts it, “Community” – one can conclude that Senator Obama and/or his campaign had sanctioned its attendance at these events.

Further troubling are the following “Issues & Solutions” on the site:

* Institute a Law to allow Muslim Employees to take an hour off from work for Friday Jummah Prayer.
    * Make the 2 Eid’s recognized National Holidays on Calendars with days off from work.
    * Provide prayer areas suitable for Salah and Jummah, in public and private facilities. (i.e. Malls, Airports, Universities and government buildings.)

Found on the right side of the website’s homepage are a series of links, most of which deal with information about Senator Obama and the campaign. One of them, though, is a link to Aswat Al-Islam, a radical Islamic multimedia outlet. Muslim Americans for Obama ’08 lists it as “Quran (Audio) English Translation.”

Aswat Al-Islam features the works of such Islamist luminaries as: “Uninidicted Co-conspirators” of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, Siraj Wahhaj and Bilal Philips; anti-Christian bigot, Ahmed Deedat; pro-wife beating author, Jamal Badawi; suicide bombing supporter, Yusuf Al-Qaradawi; and the chief cleric of the Grand Mosque in Mecca, who has called for the murders of Jews, Christians and Americans and has described Jews as “the scum of the human race, the rats of the world, the killers of prophets, and the grandsons of monkeys and pigs,” Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais.

According to Muslim Americans for Obama ’08, Senator Barack Obama “is the BEST candidate for the job in 2008.” But being the best candidate should have as a requisite keeping company that is worthy of respect. Recently, Obama has been cited for having a racist and anti-Israel pastor, Jeremiah Wright, and a campaign advisor that has expressed sympathy for Hamas and Hezbollah, Robert Malley.

If Sen. Obama truly is worthy of the presidency of the United States, he should publicly distance himself from these extremist groups and individuals. And if he does not want his campaign to be seen as hospitable to radical voices, he should sever his ties with the blog that provides credible evidence for this charge.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2008, 08:53:02 PM »

All I can say is WOW! - What a MESS!

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2008, 12:16:01 AM »

This train has left the station without the brakeman.

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2008, 12:37:42 AM »

Yep and it's on the fast track.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2008, 03:52:08 AM »

I've been thinking about this today, and I'm relatively sure that someone will have the guts to air the truth in the general election. This should be the ultimate embarrassment for the Democrats. I can't believe this hasn't already been done. Being so openly associated with radical and anti-American organizations should be enough to stop the Obama train or send it off the tracks. The above comments are before addressing RADICAL RACIST HATRED and NO ALLEGIANCE TO AMERICA. How is it that someone like this is running for President of the United States?

curious

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2008, 05:03:09 AM »

I'm shaking my head in disbelief.  This CN'T
curious

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2008, 05:06:35 AM »

This got sent before it was half done.
I CAN'T believe this is happening,but
I see that it is.
WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE !!!!!

Yours in Yeshua,
                                    Curious
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2008, 05:42:56 AM »

This got sent before it was half done.
I CAN'T believe this is happening,but
I see that it is.
WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE !!!!!

Yours in Yeshua,
                                    Curious

Hello Curious,

My personal opinion is that we are watching the deceitful and masterful work of the devil in the wide open for everyone to see. If there is any other explanation, I don't know what it would be.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2008, 10:31:43 AM »

It is indeed the work of the devil. The U.S. has been a thorn in the side of the devil. We have in the past stood in the way of his workings. The U.S. has been a force that could not be beat from without and must be taken out of the way in one manner or another. The most effective way is from within. We see it falling, being destroyed from within. Jesus Christ being removed from public and being replaced by other gods. The acceptance of this situation is just one of the many things that is being used to accomplish this.

We are seeing Bible prophecy coming together before our very eyes.

BHarper

Worthy Is The Lamb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2008, 02:27:41 PM »

Messianic Figure?

Obama appears to have become a messianic figure to many in this country. Unlike Jesse Jackson, who was once introduced as " the messiah " in a black church, Obama has not let that go to his head or received such adoration, at least not yet. Let's not forget that Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadenijad has a messianic complex too and the muslims are awaiting the Imam Mahdi ( Islamic messiah ). With Obama's muslim background he may well be accepted as such by the Islamic world. Obama seems to have the same hypnotic effect on people that Adolf Hitler did. He seems to have already mesmerized many in the United States.   
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2008, 06:01:03 PM »

Hi BHarper,

What you suggest is a very reasonable possibility that I do not disregard at all. Ireregardless of whether this person becomes the Mahdi or not I still believe that he will have a lot to do with end times prophecy if he becomes President.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2008, 06:55:46 PM »

Messianic Figure?

Obama appears to have become a messianic figure to many in this country. Unlike Jesse Jackson, who was once introduced as " the messiah " in a black church, Obama has not let that go to his head or received such adoration, at least not yet. Let's not forget that Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadenijad has a messianic complex too and the muslims are awaiting the Imam Mahdi ( Islamic messiah ). With Obama's muslim background he may well be accepted as such by the Islamic world. Obama seems to have the same hypnotic effect on people that Adolf Hitler did. He seems to have already mesmerized many in the United States.   

Obamamania
rocks Seattle
'I was in limbo … but now, after the rally
today, oh my God, I'm ready to run now'

If the messiah were to schedule a mid-workday appearance on short notice at Seattle's Key Arena, one could hardly expect much more than the 18,000 passionate souls who waited in line for hours before pressing the sports venue to its capacity yesterday, forcing several thousand more to be turned away.

Democratic Sen. Barack Obama eschews the savior language used to describe his campaign for the White House, but it seemed rather natural when he interrupted 50 minutes of occasional soaring rhetoric to toss a bottle of water to a fainting woman in the throng below, then calmly gave out orders to ensure she was well.

One day before Washington's caucuses – which suddenly gained heft following the virtual dead heat with Sen. Hillary Clinton on Super Tuesday – the freshman Illinois lawmaker thrilled a boisterous crowd that encapsulated the uncommon enthusiasm for a campaign many view as a once-in-a-lifetime phenomenon.

Jody Klein of Centralia, Wash., about two hours-drive south of Seattle, was near tears as she recounted her Obama experience. At age 20, she'll vote in a presidential election for the first time.

"There's just this amazing excitement that's here," she said. "When he was talking about hope, it actually almost made me cry. Like it really made sense, like, for the first, like, whoa … how important a time this is for us. It was really exciting."

Obama went out to greet the estimated 3,000 left in the cold then ignited deafening cheers, punctuated by a rock music beat, as he entered the arena through a tunnel and began clasping outstretched hands. The din rose several measures as he took the stage with Washington Gov. Christine Gregoire, Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels and Rep. Adam Smith.

Evoking Martin Luther King Jr., Obama said he's running at such a relatively young age because of "the fierce urgency of now."

"We are at a defining moment in our history," he said. "Our nation is at war, our planet is in peril, the dreams that so many generations fought for feels like it's slowly slipping away."

Although the crowd was overwhelmingly young, the 20-year-old Klein's sentiments in the wake of the event traversed generations.

Larry Malone, 69, of Tacoma said he was prepared to spend the day in his recliner watching TV before his fiancé, Tina Cooper, "dragged him" out to the event.

Malone, a Vietnam veteran and an African-American, explained he had little interest in politics until Cooper became enthusiastic about Obama.

"I was in limbo, I mean, hey I could take it or leave it," Malone said. "But now, after the rally today, oh my God, I'm ready to run now."

Malone said he didn't even know what a caucus was until just recently, but he plans to participate today. Cooper also will caucus for the first time, because of Obama.

"We can make a change," she said. "And he is not only saying he can do it, but wants us to help. And that makes me happy."

Seattleite Wendy Malabuyo, a 31-year-old engineer, said she couldn't name any specific accomplishments that qualified Obama to be president but pointed to his career of "serving the underserved" in Chicago after graduation from Harvard.

"He inspires me. I can't even say. … He gives me so much hope," Malabuyo said. "It makes me feel like something will actually change. So I'm speechless. I love him. I love everything he stands for. I love everything that he can bring to this country. And we just need to get him there."

John Cruce, 64, who worked for 30 years at the State Department in Washington, D.C., managing records, said he hasn't seen a political leader like Obama come along since President Kennedy.

The 46-year-old Obama concluded his speech on a note that evoked JFK's appeal to a new generation.

"This is our moment, this is our time," Obama said, "and if you stand with me, if you will caucus with me tomorrow, if you want to give the next generation the same chance you got, if you're not willing to settle for what the cynics say you have to accept, but are willing to reach for what is possible, then I guarantee you, we will win here in Washington, we will win the nomination, we will win the election, and together, you and I, we will change this country and change the world."

Asked what the senator has accomplished that makes him fit to become president, Cruce said: "Well, I think the biggest thing is he is like a key. He's going to unlock a door that's going to allow us now to pass and finally be able to do some things we would like to do. There are not going to be as many barriers as there have in the past."

Cruce was urged to be more specific about Obama's accomplishments.

"I think it's just his youthfulness, his newness, his willingness in and of itself to go forward with new ideas and try things that haven't been tried because they've been all carved in stone the past few years," Cruce said.

What specific new ideas stand out?

"Well, everything, I mean he talks about health insurance," Cruce said. "We've all seen our parents and other people suffer. We don't need to suffer any more in this country. Other countries have had better systems than we do, in the sense that they take care of their own."

Cruce said that in the U.S. the approach is, "Well, if there is no money to be made in it, there is not use pursuing that."

"That's a bad attitude," he asserted. "Who takes care of mom and dad when they get sick? Who takes care of the babies when they're sick? A baby can't be responsible for his health."

Serign Marong, 29, a medical student at the University of Washington, said he likes Obama's emphasis on health care, but more than anything, he comes away with a new perspective on politics.

"Before it was just kind of like, 'Oh, OK, I'm 18, I should just go and vote,'" he said. "It was just like, 'No, I don't really want a Republican.' But here, I don't even feel that way. I feel like we have a new direction to go in. This is kind of a historic moment in my mind."

One of Obama's main themes is his desire to unite the nation and transform the divisive, partisan politics in Washington. But in light of Obama's rating by the National Journal last week as the Senate's most liberal lawmaker, Marong was asked if it might be difficult for Obama to accomplish that aim.

"It might be in a sense," Marong said, "but he's liberal, so he's open to more ideas, and he's not just one-sided."

cont'd

« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 06:58:20 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2008, 07:00:26 PM »

A disappointed but upbeat Jennifer Quinn Conkey, 35, was among the thousands not allowed inside after she traveled several hours from Ridgefield in southwest Washington to see Obama .

Asked to give her understanding of what Obama plans to accomplish as president, she pointed to changing America's image.

"I think this country is going in an awful direction," she said. "The economy is in shambles. The environment needs help. That's going in the wrong direction. We are not respected on the world stage at all. I think he just wants to change the image overall of this country and really bring it to a better place. To bring jobs back to this country."

With just eight years in the Illinois legislature and three years in the U.S. Senate, what gives you confidence he can take on those issues?

"I think he's a smart person and he's going to put smart people with him," she replied. "He's going to hire smart advisers and find the best people he can that are going to help him to lead this country in that direction."

Quinn Conkey compared Obama to his rival, Sen. Clinton, who held a rally of about 5,000 in a warehouse on Seattle's waterfront Thursday night.

"I think Hillary … she is very establishment," Quinn Conkey said. "She's a Washington insider; that's how I feel. I feel that although she plays on my side, she's more of the same. She's an insider, which I believe leads to corruptness and inside dealings, which I don't like.

"I want somebody new, I want somebody fresh. I want somebody who is going to do things differently."

Washington Gov. Gregoire seemed a likely Clinton supporter, but she announced Thursday her support for Obama and gave him an enthusiastic introduction at the rally yesterday.

Gregoire told the Seattle Times Obama is "leading us toward a positive feeling of hope in our country and I love seeing that happen."

"I believe the nation faces significant challenges domestically and internationally, and Obama is the person who has the ability to reach across artificial divides and move our national forward," she said. "Barack is that kind of leader."

Clinton, at her rally Thursday night, poked at Obama's unity theme, essentially dismissing it as mere rhetoric.

"I am hoping to unify the country, but to unify it to do the work of the country, not just to unify for the sake of saying, 'We're unified," she said. "We need to be unified with a common purpose. The purpose is progress."

Clinton also boasted about winning the youth vote in California and Massachusetts this week.

"Young people turned out and they turned out because young people, like all of us, realize we have to have a president who is ready on day one to walk into the Oval Office and not only be our president with ideas and the know-how ... but we also need a commander in chief," she said. "We need a hands-on manager."

Obama fired back at Clinton yesterday, taking a jab at those who call him a "hope monger."

"They criticize me for being inspiring. The implication is that somehow I'm not a realist. The notion is that my head is in the clouds somewhere. That, in the words of Sen. Clinton, I'm giving false hope and I need a reality check," Obama said. "… I know how hard it is going to be to bring about change in America."

and it will be change for sure but not a change for the better.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2008, 11:24:35 PM »

and it will be change for sure but not a change for the better.

I'm thinking it will look something like this:

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2008, 11:40:18 PM »

My thoughts exactly.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the