Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 11:41:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286959 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 171943 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 11, 2008, 11:27:00 PM »

Boy did you say that right Brother.  It's a regular Sodom and Gomorrah.  I keep saying that with what we are seeing happening in our country, we aren't going to know it as the USA before too much longer.  Sin is running rampant and is excepted!  Government is giving our country away to foreigners and they are NOT LISTENING TO THE PEOPLE!  Every which way you turn something else happens that makes your mouth hang agape and your head shake back and forth.  It is my opinion that the US has to be taken down, taken out or whatever before all the foreign devils can be put in place for the end time to really get here.  So wheather God takes us out or allows it at the hands of someone else, or at our very own hands through corruption, neglect, passivity, etc., it IS coming!

In Christ,
Yvette

Hello GrammyLuv,

Sister Yvette, It appears that we are our own worst enemy right now. We would probably come tumbling down the quickest AT OUR VERY OWN HANDS. The irony is the BLESSING OF GOD that we took for granted, didn't appreciate, and finally turned our backs on THE GREAT GOD WHO took care of us. YES - I think there will be a fall soon, but this world isn't our HOME.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 1:18-23 NASB I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2008, 12:36:30 AM »

but this world isn't our HOME.

That's the truth and I'm so glad.  All I have to do is walk out the doors of the mission and see all the "Lost" of this world right here on the block.  They are smoking crack in the alley next door.  Staggering up and down the street.  Yelling at no one in particular.  It breaks my heart.  Those are the ones we should be trying to reach with all the funds that the government is lining their pockets with.  And lining their pockets is what all our problems can be traced back to.  Greed is the name of the game.

Let us fight the good fight!
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2008, 09:52:50 AM »

Just got an email that talked about Michele Obama's college thesis...  It was full of comments about how white America was built on crime and hatred and all sorts of other comments.  So before simply posting this I decided to do some digging.

The email did get it correct in that it was done under maiden name, Michelle LaVaughn Robinson.  And it was in Princeton.  I ran across another article that talked about this.  They did not get into alot of details because quite interestingly the thesis is not available from Princeton archives until after November of this year.  Now the article I did read sort of led one to believe that through other means they did learn that the thesis is apparently quite racially motivated and in a very over the top way.  It leads one to believe that the email that I received where it states that Mrs. Obama finds lives in the divide of black and white and speaks against integrating the communities, societies, and everything else to become American's.

So not only is Obama himself a scary thought...but the possibility of Michelle for the 1st Lady is just as bad.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2008, 07:23:53 PM »

Hello Brother Jerry,

This doesn't surprise me a bit because it goes right along with all the other RADICAL THINGS in their lives, including their church, friends, and other ties. If the church web site hasn't been changed yet, the only allegiance mentioned is to Mother Africa and Black people. America is a horrible place. This also explains Obama's lack of respect for the American Flag.

Pizza_Mahal

First earth suck.

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2008, 12:12:51 AM »

He even promote pro-death, if he only knew history of Darwinism.

Anyway, here the news:

Obama Shocker: Senator Obama Publicly States the First Thing He Would do as President is Sign the Freedom of Choice Act

WASHINGTON, April 14 /Christian Newswire/ -- The Christian Defense Coalition uncovers that at a July 17, 2007 Planned Parenthood Action Fund event, Senator Obama said, "Well, the first thing I'd do as president is, is sign the Freedom of Choice Act."

This statement shows how radical Senator Obama is on the subject of abortion and how out of step he is with the American public.  It also puts him at odds with evangelicals and Catholics on the issue of the sanctity of life during the Presidential campaign and especially on the eve of the Pope's visit to America.

The Freedom of Choice Act would legislatively codify abortion and be far more radical than the "Roe v. Wade" decision.

This legislation would nullify any state or federal laws blocking or restricting abortion and invalidate any limitations the Supreme Court has put on abortion.

Rev. Patrick J. Mahoney, Director of the Christian Defense Coalition, states, "It is shocking that Senator Obama would make his first priority as President of the United States signing the Freedom of Choice Act.  This piece of legislation would expand and codify abortion and nullify any state or federal restrictions on abortion.

"This public statement shows how radical Senator Obama is on the subject of abortion and how out of step he is with the American public.  For example, Senator Obama opposes a ban on Partial-Birth abortions.  Every poll shows most Americans want that barbaric procedure overwhelmingly prohibited.  Senator Obama, while an Illinois state senator, opposed legislation which would have prevented the killing of an infant that survived a late term abortion.  He also recently said, while speculating on the issue if one his daughters became pregnant, that he would not 'want them punished with a baby.'

"Senator Obama's radical support of abortion and making it a top priority as President puts him in conflict with evangelicals and Catholics who support building a culture of life.  This issue becomes even more focused during the Presidential campaign season and on the eve of the Pope's visit to America.  The Christian Defense Coalition intends to make Senator Obama's embracing of abortion a major topic on the campaign trail.

"With critical issues facing America like poverty, health care, the economy, national security and education; it is stunning that Senator Obama's first priority as President would be to expand 'abortion rights.'"

source link: http://christiannewswire.com/news/560716251.html

At first, I thought by looking a title; he against abortion and given a baby a choice to live, but when I readed it, I was wrong. I wish, i could tell him that: "Person is a person, no matter how color, size, age, or whatever. I guess YOU ARE SAME AS A "RACIST"!

Sorry, but I want to say it.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2008, 10:11:43 PM »

Obama camp 'flattered' by Hamas compliment
Terror group compared senator to JFK in its endorsement of him for president

Barack Obama's campaign said yesterday it is "flattered" that Hamas' endorsement of the Illinois senator compared him to John F. Kennedy, though it objects to any diplomatic contact with the terrorist group.

"I like John Kennedy too," said chief Obama strategist David Axelrod. "That's about the only thing we have in common with this gentleman from Hamas. We all agree that John Kennedy was a great president, and it's flattering when anybody says that Barack Obama would follow in his footsteps."

Axelrod was reacting to comments earlier this week from Ahmed Yousuf, Hamas' top political adviser in the Gaza Strip, who said Hamas "hopes" Obama will win the presidential elections and "change" America's foreign policy.

"I hope Mr. Obama and the Democrats will change the political discourse. ... I do believe [Obama] is like John Kennedy, a great man with a great principal. And he has a vision to change America to make it in a position to lead the world community, but not with humiliation and arrogance," Yousuf said during an exclusive interview with WND and WABC-New York radio's John Batchelor.

Following last night's presidential debate in Philadelphia with Sen. Hillary Clinton, the American Spectator's Philip Klein asked Axelrod in person about Hamas' endorsement.

Axelrod initially said he was not familiar with Yousuf's comments. The Spectator's Klein then read from his Blackberry the top Hamas adviser's statements about Obama.

Axelrod focused on the Kennedy portion of Yousuf's quote and said he was "flattered" by the comparison.

He continued, "[Obama's] position on Hamas is very clear. Until they renounce violence, until they recognize Israel's right to exist and recognize previous agreements, we shouldn't have any contact with him."

Earlier this week, Obama called Hamas a "terrorist organization" that should remain isolated until it renounces violence and recognizes Israel. Obama was responding to media inquiries regarding former President Jimmy Carter's controversial meetings this week with Hamas leaders.

Speaking to WND and Batchelor, Yousuf excused Obama's criticism of Hamas, describing it as political posturing.

"I understand American politics, and this is the season for elections, and everybody tries to sound like he's a friend of the Israelis ... so whatever [the] Israelis didn't like they will take from all those candidates," Yousuf said.

Yousuf said that in Hamas' view, Obama has "a vision to change America to make it in a position to lead the world community but not with humiliation and arrogance."

The U.S. and Israel have been trying to isolate Hamas, which is classified by the State Department as a terror group. Hamas is responsible for scores of deadly suicide bombings, and thousands of shooting attacks and rocket firings against Israeli civilian population centers.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2008, 10:38:50 PM »

Some of the younger generation may not know who the organization from the 60's and 70's known as the Weathermen are. It does matter. I remember them clearly. There were many times that I wasn't allowed to go out even on base myself because of the Weathermen. There was even an incident on the Naval Communication Station, Stockton where the Weathermen broke into the GSA supply facility located there in the summer of 1970 in which some weapons were taken.

Why Obama’s Association With the Weather Underground Matters

Now that everyone is finally talking about Obama’s association with unrepentant terrorists from the Weather Underground….I thought a post educating folks on the Weather Underground, and specifically the two individuals from the organization he is friends with. Everyone is talking about William Ayers, and rightly so since most of Obama’s association is with him, but Obama has a relationship with his wife as well. Her name is Meet Bernadine Dohrn. Now, I don’t think I have to explain very much to the reasons of why Obama should have never associated with these criminals to begin with. I don’t think anyone will need much explanation after they just educate themselves on who the Weather Underground, Ayers and Dohrn are.

The Weathermen were radicals. They wanted their people to get involved, demonstrate, get arrested and force change down the throat of the “establishment.” They fought at the Democratic Presidential Convention in 1968 and converged in Chicago in 1969 for an event that came to be known as “Days of Rage.” The more violent extremists during that era were responsible for a score of bombings in places like Harvard University, various corporate headquarters and a number of government institutions. They praised Charles Manson and freed Dr. Timothy Leary from prison. Wherever there was violence and chaos in the name of dissent, the Weathermen were there.

At a “War Council” in Flint, Michigan in 1969, their leader Bernardine Dohrn praised the serial murderer Charles Manson: “Dig it. First they killed those pigs, then they ate dinner in the same room with them. They even shoved a fork into the victim’s stomach. Wild.” She then proclaimed that the time had come to launch the war against “Amerikkka” (the Weathermen always spelled America this way) and to form a Weather Underground to carry out terrorist activities.

Hmmm…the company we keep. Where have we heard about Amerikkka before again?

More from the original Politco piece:

They disappeared in 1970, after a bomb — designed to kill army officers in New Jersey — accidentally destroyed a Greenwich Village townhouse, and turned themselves into authorities in 1980. They were never prosecuted for their involvement with the 25 bombings the Weather Underground claimed; charges were dropped because of improper FBI surveillance.

Both have written and spoken at length about their pasts, and today he is an advocate for progressive education and a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago; she’s an associate professor of law at Northwestern University.

But — unlike some other fringe figures of the era — they’re also flatly unrepentant about the bombings they committed in the name of ending the war, defending them on the grounds that they killed no one, except, accidentally, their own members.

Dohrn, however, was jailed for less than a year for refusing to testify before a grand jury investigating other Weather Underground members’ robbery of a Brinks truck, in which a guard and two New York State Troopers were killed.

“I don’t regret setting bombs; I feel we didn’t do enough,” Ayers told the New York Times in 2001.

And their rehabilitation in establishment circles, even in Hyde Park, has its limits.

Though he is a respected figure in liberal educational circles, Ayers wrote recently about how in 2006 he was informed he was persona non grata at a progressive educators’ conference in the summer of 2006.
    “We cannot risk a simplistic and dubious association between progressive education and the violent aspects of your past,” he quoted the conference organizers, whom he described as friends, as writing to him.

But the couple has been embraced, by and large, in the liberal circles dominating Hyde Park politics.

“Bill Ayers is one of my heroes in life,” said Sam Ackerman, a longtime local activist. “I knew Tony Rezko, and he ain’t no Rezko.”

But others in Hyde Park, whose intellectual and political life revolves around the University of Chicago, view the couple with ambivalence.

Now why does Obama remain friends with these terrorists again? Shouldn’t he have never associated himself with them in the first place? Shouldn’t he cut ties with them, at least until they actually regret their crimes?…which of course will be never. Why doesn’t his supporters think questioning him about this at the debates was an important issue that America would like an answer to?

I think we all know why this is an important issue. Does America really want a president that on one hand wants to negotiate with enemy terrorist nations and on the other hand remains friends with an unrepentant, radical terrorist?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pizza_Mahal

First earth suck.

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2008, 12:19:53 AM »

Roger, where can I learn more about "Weathermen" from 60s? Is that something to do with weather channel?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2008, 12:25:57 AM »

No, they have nothing to do with the weather reports seen on TV. I'm sure that you can do an internet search and it will show quite a few entries on them. They were also known as the Weather Underground (again nothing to do with the web site Weather Underground that gives weather information).

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2008, 12:34:31 AM »

Roger, where can I learn more about "Weathermen" from 60s? Is that something to do with weather channel?

Basically the weathermen were terrorist here in the United States. Yes I also remember them............... Undecided

Pizza_Mahal

First earth suck.

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2008, 12:42:13 AM »

Weird, I never hear from them at all, this the first time.
Anyway, I found it from gotcha50.

The Weather Underground, or Weathermen was a leftist terrorist organization, active mostly in New York City in the 1960s. They took their name from the Bob Dylan song, "Subterranean Homesick Blues".

...you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows...

Their ideology was explicitly communist and revolutionary. In one famous incident, several members were killed in the "Greenwich Village Explosion", in which amateur bomb-makers immolated themselves  preparing for a terrorist attack on Fort Dix. Other members, Cathy Wilkerson and Kathy Boudin, survived and were defended by National Lawyers Guild members. Kathy Boudin later received a 20-years-to-life sentence for her role in the 1981 Weatherman Nyack, New York Brinks armored truck robbery which resulted in the murders of two policemen and an armored truck security guard.

Source: http://www.gotcha50.com/Weather_Underground

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 18, 2008, 12:37:36 PM »

That article is a bit misleading. The Weatherman were quite active across the entire U.S. There was a branch in Chicago, IL that was connected to problems in St Louis, Peoria and Springfield. They were also active in the areas of many Military bases throughout the U,S, especially those in California. The article makes it sound like a small group centralized in New York which is not the case.

Pizza_Mahal

First earth suck.

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2008, 11:10:58 PM »

Sorry I just found out, that some of these edit are made from a "Liberal".

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2008, 04:35:40 PM »

Less than a generation ago, if ANY kind of scandal came out on a politician, it would make them hang their heads and go into self-exile from the public.  NOT ANYMORE!

Let us fight the good fight!
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2008, 11:53:43 PM »

Obama shows irritation when questioned over Hamas

2 hours, 16 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Democratic White House contender Barack Obama could not hide his irritation Monday when asked by a reporter what he thought about former president Jimmy Carter's meeting with Hamas last week.

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" the Illinois senator said as he ate breakfast in Scranton, Pennsylvania, according to MSNBC television pictures.

Pressed again for an answer, he replied: "Just let me eat my waffle."

Obama, who is battling Hillary Clinton for the Democratic presidential nomination, criticized Carter last week for seeking to meet with leaders of the Islamist movement, which he said was "a terrorist organization."

He told a synagogue in Philadelphia that while it was legitimate to meet with the leaders of states such as Syria or Iran, even if they were hostile to Israel, "Hamas is not a state" and did not warrant such a move.

At a public meeting Sunday, Obama also noted the difficulty of negotiating a peace deal between the Israelis and Palestinians where one group representing Palestinians -- Hamas, who run the Gaza Strip -- refused to recognize Israel.

Carter said Monday that Hamas had told him it would recognize Israel's right to live in peace if a deal is reached and approved by a Palestinian vote, after two meetings in Damascus with exiled Hamas chief Khaled Meshaal.

But hours after he spoke, Meshaal told a press conference in Damascus that Hamas would not recognize the Jewish state and would insist on the right of some 4.5 million Palestinian refugees to return to Israel.

Obama shows irritation when questioned over Hamas

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the