Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:55:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 147419 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1395 on: July 05, 2010, 02:20:20 AM »

And I’ve spoken with representatives from a growing coalition of labor unions and business groups, immigrant advocates and community organizations, law enforcement, local government -– all who recognize the importance of immigration reform. And I’ve met with leaders from America’s religious communities, like Pastor Hybels — people of different faiths and beliefs, some liberal, some conservative, who nonetheless share a sense of urgency; who understand that fixing our broken immigration system is not only a political issue, not just an economic issue, but a moral imperative as well.

So we’ve made progress. I’m ready to move forward; the majority of Democrats are ready to move forward; and I believe the majority of Americans are ready to move forward. But the fact is, without bipartisan support, as we had just a few years ago, we cannot solve this problem. Reform that brings accountability to our immigration system cannot pass without Republican votes. That is the political and mathematical reality. The only way to reduce the risk that this effort will again falter because of politics is if members of both parties are willing to take responsibility for solving this problem once and for all.

And, yes, this is an emotional question, and one that lends itself to demagoguery. Time and again, this issue has been used to divide and inflame -– and to demonize people. And so the understandable, the natural impulse among those who run for office is to turn away and defer this question for another day, or another year, or another administration. Despite the courageous leadership in the past shown by many Democrats and some Republicans — including, by the way, my predecessor, President Bush -– this has been the custom. That is why a broken and dangerous system that offends our most basic American values is still in place.

But I believe we can put politics aside and finally have an immigration system that’s accountable. I believe we can appeal not to people’s fears but to their hopes, to their highest ideals, because that’s who we are as Americans. It’s been inscribed on our nation’s seal since we declared our independence. “E pluribus unum.” Out of many, one. That is what has drawn the persecuted and impoverished to our shores. That’s what led the innovators and risk-takers from around the world to take a chance here in the land of opportunity. That’s what has led people to endure untold hardships to reach this place called America.

One of the largest waves of immigration in our history took place little more than a century ago. At the time, Jewish people were being driven out of Eastern Europe, often escaping to the sounds of gunfire and the light from their villages burning to the ground. The journey could take months, as families crossed rivers in the dead of night, traveled miles by foot, endured a rough and dangerous passage over the North Atlantic. Once here, many made their homes in a teeming and bustling Lower Manhattan.

It was at this time that a young woman named Emma Lazarus, whose own family fled persecution from Europe generations earlier, took up the cause of these new immigrants. Although she was a poet, she spent much of her time advocating for better health care and housing for the newcomers. And inspired by what she saw and heard, she wrote down her thoughts and donated a piece of work to help pay for the construction of a new statue — the Statue of Liberty — which actually was funded in part by small donations from people across America.

Years before the statue was built — years before it would be seen by throngs of immigrants craning their necks skyward at the end of long and brutal voyage, years before it would come to symbolize everything that we cherish — she imagined what it could mean. She imagined the sight of a giant statue at the entry point of a great nation -– but unlike the great monuments of the past, this would not signal an empire. Instead, it would signal one’s arrival to a place of opportunity and refuge and freedom.

“Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand,” she wrote,

A mighty woman with a torch…
From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome…
“Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!”…
“Give me your tired, and your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to be free…
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

Let us remember these words. For it falls on each generation to ensure that that lamp -– that beacon -– continues to shine as a source of hope around the world, and a source of our prosperity here at home.

Thank you. God bless you. And may God bless the United States of America. Thank you. (Applause.)

END 11:47 A.M. EDT

Transcript of Obama’s Immigration Speech
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And you know I gotta comment on his speech!!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1396 on: July 05, 2010, 02:52:03 AM »

I am among the thousands Obama offended when he compared today’s undocumented workers with the Jews fleeing death, destruction and persecution in Eastern Europe in the 20th century!!

We can and must start massive deportation!! This terrorist president Mr. Obamanation has to be impeached!!

The only reform we need is to fire the career politicians, and that will be happening in November.  Grin Grin   Obama is a complete and utter failure. Obama is trying to please his people and people from other countries to gain votes. He better be more concerned with American voters. I agree that many of the people who come here illegally are doing so because of the situation in their country. But if we do not enforce our laws, we will no longer be a country that can provide these benefits to our legal residents including those who follow the law and immigrate legally..

America should be for its people who, were born here or came here LEGALLY. People will want to come here to live. Dream lawfully and put back into our economy. Our country is 234 years old and already have gone through so much economic,social and other strife to make the world a better place. America needs to concentrate on herself before helping others from now on.

Obama ignores reality that many, new unskilled, uneducated additions to the population have overburden our welfare system, health-care system and education system. We cannot afford to adopt Mexico. Mexico is on the brink of collapse, we will soon wish we had built a meaningful wall to stop the flow.

The solution already exists, uphold with vigor existing law and eliminate all the conditions that have created the problem.. Arizona is already proving they will return home and attempt to return legally like those who follow the law. One more point.......... Obama is being disingenuous (lying) when he talks about racial profiling. we have a high percentage of minority Hispanic officers here in AZ and we trust them.

Obama is anything but honest about illegal immigration. If there was actually a real debate in this country that would become obvious. Unfortunately most of the media has largely conspired with those of Obama’s persuasion on the issue to prevent the country from hearing a genuine debate on illegal immigration. I will maintain that the a majority of this country’s citizen would be/are against the Obama agenda on illegal immigration.

We must also target, the US Drug Cartels that distribute these drugs to kids.

A recent story about an illegal family of 5 leaving Arizona and moving to Pennsylvania failed to acknowledged that the “stay at home” mom was able to do so because her anchor babies received free AHCCCS (Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System) and child welfare paid for by the hard working, 1aw-abiding citizens of the United States.

It is past time to get real America!!

And I'll shut up now as I have gone on long enough.
Bob

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: July 05, 2010, 12:45:12 PM »

Brother Bob,

You're singing to the choir.

I think that we should put someone like Sheriff Joe in charge of immigration reform. I know exactly how he would do it:

1 - Close the border.

2 - Enforce the current laws.

3 - Go after employers that hire illegal aliens.

4 - Enforce our Visa laws.

The first effect of going after employers who hire illegal aliens would be for illegal aliens to simply go home. So, it's incredibly simple and based on what we should already be doing - close the borders and enforce our laws.

The politicians should NOT be given the opportunity to play with so-called immigration reform. That's simply a code word for amnesty. There should be no amnesty of any kind. The only thing that needs to be reformed is to ENFORCE OUR LAWS AND CLOSE THE BORDER. Those who don't go home after employment opportunities are ended would be deported. Those who wanted to come back would do so LEGALLY - according to the LAW - end of story and very simple.

Finally, take back every square inch of American soil and secure it forever. If that requires war with the Mexican drug cartels - so be it. It's ridiculous to say that 80 miles of sovereign American land is too dangerous for our citizens to use. If an army is required - send it.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: July 06, 2010, 06:24:30 PM »

BORN IN THE USA?
Guess who's covering sensational claim on Obama's birth
National magazine publishes story about alleged White House coverup

Posted: July 05, 2010
7:55 pm Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

BOCA RATON, Fla. – The Hawaiian elections official who claims that the White House is lying about Barack Obama being born in Hawaii and that no long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate even exists for the president in the state is now featured in a cover story in Globe magazine, repeating the allegations originally revealed by WND.

Tim Adams, 45, who was senior elections clerk for the city and county of Honolulu during the 2008 presidential campaign, is the basis of the report, with a banner headline reading: "Bombshell new evidence. Obama was not  born in U.S."

The Globe begins its account by stating, "A former Hawaii records official is sending shock waves through Washington, D.C., by revealing there is absolutely no birth certificate for Barack Obama! The bombshell revelation backs up long-standing claims that Obama – who insists he was born in a Honolulu hospital – really took his first breath in Kenya, and, as a result, violates the U.S. Constitution's requirements for the president to be a 'natural born' American."

The Globe, a South-Florida-based tabloid, is the first print publication to pick up the story initially posted online by WND June 10.

In fact, in every instance of a quotation from Adams, the tabloid appears to have simply copied Adams' comments to WND verbatim, without ever mentioning the remarks originated with a WND interview.

For instance, Adams is quoted as saying, "I had direct access to the Social Security database, the national crime computer, state driver's license information, international passport information, basically just about anything you can imagine to get someone's identity," a word-for-word replication of the WND story. "There is no birth certificate."

Other than Adams' repeated remarks, the Globe did not quote any named sources with new information. It did, however, publish comments from someone it referred to as a "Beltway insider" who noted, "This is huge, and it's got a lot of people in Washington worried. If these comments turn out to be the smoking gun everyone has been talking about from the beginning, Obama will have some very serious problems on his hands."

The Globe says, "Experts say Obama wouldn't qualify to be president if he was born in Kenya because his late father, Barack Obama Sr., was not a U.S. citizen."

Adams, a Hillary Clinton supporter, has told WND that even despite his assertion Obama was not born in Hawaii in direct contradiction of White House claims, he personally believes Obama is a U.S. citizen who is eligible to hold the office of president, and thinks people questioning Obama's qualifications may be racist against blacks.

The Globe also notes Adams' former boss, Glen Takahashi, elections administrator for Honolulu, is disputing the Adams allegations, saying the senior clerk had no access to birth records.

Adams told WND, "They may say, 'We don't have access to that.' The regular workers don't, the ones processing ballots; but the people in administration do. I was the one overseeing the work of the people doing the balloting."

Adams stressed he was a manager at the elections office, saying, "I had a secretary, private office, two assistants and about 50 temp workers [under me]."

"The temporary status of my GS-15-level contract was not some temp-agency worker," he told WND. "The current manager of the office [is] a lady who has worked there for about a decade – eight of those years she was on the same contract I possessed – [as] they are renewed annually following performance reviews. Getting a permanent, civil-service position is something that requires lots of hard work and time in a city like Honolulu, where everyone is competing for these secure, well-paying jobs. Glen [Takahashi] won't say I'm a liar, but I have inadvertently caused him quite a bit of trouble."

Adams previously told WND he expects his former co-workers still working in the elections office to say little, if anything, about the nonexistent birth certificate because they fear for their jobs.

"If you're working in the civil service and you say this, you're done," Adams said. "Don't expect to have a good career, especially since the governor is on the other side. Embarrassing them is not good for your career."

The Globe's insider noted, "Of course, officials in Hawaii are going to go out of their way to discredit this guy. But no matter what the White House tries to do, this whole thing just won't go away. It's ugly and it promises to keep getting worse."

Word of the magazine's coverage has some people online suggesting copies of the magazine get strategically placed in public locations.

One comment states: "We need to buy at least 5 copies to leave in conspicuous places like the doctor's office when you visit; (be creative!) take it, be reading and once you get up to leave then leave a copy for someone else to 'enlighten' themselves."

Last August, the Globe ran another cover story proclaiming Obama's "official birth document" a fake, and repeated that assertion in its current issue, dated July 12, 2010.

This new edition also prominently displays what it calls "a damning photo of Obama in Kenya with relatives."

"Snapped in 1987," the magazine says, "some people believe it offers more proof that the president was born in his father's African homeland."

"This is the picture that will haunt Obama," the Globe's insider predicts. "There is no escaping the claims he was born in Kenya. His family lives there. He visits there. There is no birth certificate. It's a big problem."

Since WND's original story, Adams has said he's willing to testify in court about the matter, and he appeared on an ABC television affiliate to reiterate his claims.

His direct contradiction of the White House storyline that Obama was born in Hawaii has sparked detractors to attack him personally online and on the air in a vicious smear campaign.

During the summer of 2008, there were conflicting reports Obama had been born at the Queen's Medical Center in Honolulu, as well as the Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women & Children, also located in the capital city. So Adams says his office checked with both facilities.

"They told us, 'We don't have a birth certificate for him,'" he said. "They told my supervisor, either by phone or by e-mail, neither one has a document that a doctor signed off on saying they were present at this man's birth."

"In my professional opinion, [Obama] definitely was not born in Hawaii. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that he was not born in Hawaii because there is no legal record of him being born there. If someone called and asked about it, I could not tell them that person was born in the state."

No Hawaiian hospital has provided documented confirmation that Obama was born at its facility.

WND's original report about Adams' claims has been made into a YouTube video that went viral, getting well over half a million hits:

To date, Obama himself has still not provided simple, incontrovertible proof of his exact birthplace. That information would be included on his long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate, which Obama has steadfastly refused to release amid a flurry of conflicting reports.

The White House has only proffered on the Internet a "Certification of Live Birth" to assert he was born in Hawaii, but that document was available to children not born in Hawaii at the time of Obama's birth.

Many people remain unaware a child could be born somewhere else and still receive a Hawaii Certification of Live Birth. State law specifically allows "an adult or the legal parents of a minor child" to apply to the health department and, upon unspecified proof, be given the birth document.

"Anyone can get that [Certification of Live Birth]," said Adams. "They are normally given if you give birth at home or while traveling overseas. We have a lot of Asian population [in Hawaii]. It's quite common for people to come back and get that."

As WND reported last July, the Kapi'olani Medical Center trumpeted – then later concealed – a letter allegedly written by President Obama in which he ostensibly declares his birth at the facility.

"As a beneficiary of the excellence of the Kapi'olani Medical Center – the place of my birth – I am pleased to add my voice to your chorus of supporters," Obama purportedly wrote.

This excerpt from the alleged Obama letter is perhaps the first formal declaration from the president about his exact birthplace. The White House has still not confirmed if the letter or its contents are authentic.

But the authenticity of that letter remains in doubt. Since WND raised questions about the veracity of the letter itself and its content, the White House has refused to say if the message is real and if its text originated with the president.

Besides his actual birth documentation, documentation that remains concealed for Obama includes kindergarten records, Punahou school records, Occidental College records, Columbia University records, Columbia thesis, Harvard Law School records, Harvard Law Review articles, scholarly articles from the University of Chicago, passport, medical records, his files from his years as an Illinois state senator, his Illinois State Bar Association records, any baptism records, and his adoption records.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: September 16, 2010, 04:21:57 PM »

Liveprayer's Bill Keller Upset Pres. Obama Endorses 'Victory Mosque' but not his Christian Center

The leader of LivePrayer.com an internet ministry that has over 2.4 million subscribers worldwide reading his Daily Devotional, responds to President Obama's endorsement of the new Islamic ground zero "victory mosque," yet refuses to acknowledge his new 9-11 Christian Center at Ground Zero

Contact: Bill Keller, 727-420-7005, bkeller@liveprayer.com; www.911christiancenter.com

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla., Aug. 16 /Christian Newswire/ -- Bill Keller, leader of the world's largest interactive Christian website for 11 years, Liveprayer.com, has harshly criticized President Obama's endorsement of the "ground zero victory mosque," while refusing to acknowledge the opening of his new 9-11 Christian Center at Ground Zero. Keller states, "This President has endorsed a memorial being built by Muslims to their greatest military victory in the 1400 years of Islam, 9/11/2001, yet we have sent numerous correspondence to the White House asking for him to bless our new 9-11 Christian Center at Ground Zero."

Keller goes on, "This is a President who refused to hold any services in the White House for the National Day of Prayer, or any other Christian holiday, yet holds a dinner to commemorate Ramadan? But why would anyone be surprised. After all, the Obama administration is paying for the "ground zero victory mosque" Imam, Festal Ralf to go to the Middle East on the US taxpayers dime to raise the $110 million he needs for his "victory mosque!"

On Sunday, September 5th, Keller will open this September the 9-11 Christian Center at Ground Zero as a Christian response to the mosque the Muslims are building just blocks away. Keller said that rather than hold a protest that people will forget an hour after it is over, he wanted to take an ongoing stand against this new mosque in a bold, visible, and meaningful way.

Keller stated that he sees this as an incredible opportunity to take a stand for Christ within a block of the hallowed ground where the World Trade Center Towers once stood, and give people a place where they can come to pray and find true peace and hope at a time when so many lives are in turmoil.

Keller is no stranger to conflict with Islam. In 2007, under pressure from the extremist Muslim group CAIR, Keller's highly rated nightly TV program that ran for 4 1/2 years on a CBS owned station in Tampa, Florida, was cancelled by CBS because he refused to stop telling his viewers that "according to the Bible Islam is a 1400-year-old lie from hell, and that history clearly shows Mohammed was a murdering pedophile who propagated his false religion through hatred, violence, and death."

Keller also has numerous fatwas (sentences of death) issued against him for a video he sent in 2006 to Osama Bin Laden that was played worldwide in which Keller encouraged Bin Laden to "renounce the lies of Islam" and come to faith in Jesus Christ.

In asking Keller about what he hopes to accomplish with the new 9-11 Christian Center, he said, "If the Muslims can without conscience build a mosque to propagate their religion of violence and hated a block away from where their Muslim brothers perpetrated the greatest act of terror on US soil, killing 3,000 innocent souls in the process, we can open a place where people can come to hear the truth of the Bible and learn about the peace, love, and saving grace of Jesus Christ"

Keller's 9-11 Christian Center will begin holding services Sunday, September 5th in the ballroom of the New York Marriott through the end of the year. They will move into their permanent facility on January 1st.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: March 24, 2011, 01:41:38 PM »

Top 10 Rejected Obama Mission Names

Apparently the White House tossed out a number of perfectly good names before arriving at "Operation Odyssey Dawn":

10.Operation Nine Months In The Senate Didn't Prepare Me For This
9. Operation Organizing for Libya
8. Operation Double Standard
7. Operation FINE! I'll Do Something
6. Operation Enduring Narcissism
5. Operation So That's What the Red Button Does
4. Operation France Backed Me Into A Corner
3. Operation Start Without Me
2. Operation Unlike Bush Wars This One Is Justified Because Hey Look A Squirrel
1. Operation Aimless Fury

— Submitted

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: March 30, 2011, 08:49:02 AM »

Measuring Obama’s Speech
by Newt Gingrich

Monday morning, I posted to Facebook a five question checklist by which to measure President Obama’s speech on our military engagement in Libya.

Here is my analysis of how effectively the president answered those questions:

1.Does President Obama cite working with Congress more than working with the Arab League or the United Nations?

No. President Obama mentioned Congress just once in a 3,400 word speech.  In contrast, he mentioned the United Nations Security Council and Arab league eight times.  Furthermore, he dedicated a significant portion of his speech to the importance of cooperation between Western and Arab allies.

As I have said, I do think having allies in this effort is valuable, especially Arab ones. However, that desire must be appropriately balanced against the obligation the president has to respect Congress’ role, as well as the objectives of the mission at hand (more on this later). 

President Obama made it remarkably clear in his speech that he places a much higher value on gaining the approval of the United Nations and the Arab League than he does on consulting Congress.  By his own account, he committed the United States to action with a United Nations resolution before consulting with Congressional leaders, which he did only just before the bombing began. 

The president also never seemed to consider the fact that allies – including Arab ones – could have been assembled faster in a way that bypassed the corruption of the United Nations.   

2.Does President Obama define replacing Qaddafi as our clear and explicit goal? Having said Qaddafi “needs to leave" that has to be the goal of this war.
No.  In fact, he said quite the opposite, that our mission was to stop an imminent humanitarian catastrophe and that “broadening our military mission to include regime change would be a mistake.” 

There are two problems with the president’s argument. 

The first goes back to the disproportional value the president places on gaining the approval of the United Nations.

The president tried to make the case Monday night that our military engagement was justified in order to protect human life.  Yet, the first reports of Qaddafi’s forces firing on the Libyan people, including with his air force, arose in late February. On March 5th the Libyan dictator’s army fired on unarmed protesters.  On March 6th, his forces laid siege to the rebel-held town of Zawiyah.

The president, however, chose to wait almost two weeks, until March 19th, for a diplomatic consensus to emerge and resolutions to be passed in the U.N. Security Council before taking action. 

The disturbing conclusion one can draw from President Obama’s actions is that he believes the special duty he spoke of, for the United States to not turn a blind eye to atrocities committed by dictators, ranks lower on his list of priorities than gaining approval from the United Nations to do something about them.  He clearly favors muddled coalition consensus to moral leadership.

The second problem is that leaving Qaddafi in power will not stop the humanitarian crisis; it simply drives it underground. In the face of overwhelming military superiority, Qaddafi will most likely conclude that his best option is to retaliate in ways that cannot be stopped with air power.  In fact, hearing the President of the United States publicly say he would not use the military to drive him out of power will almost certainly convince Qaddafi his best option is to dig in. 

The United States is signaling that all he has to do is wait it out because the president has explicitly told Qaddafi that we are not going to force him to leave power.  This leaves us with an open ended commitment to enforce a no-fly zone. The Iraq no-fly zone lasted a dozen years and did not remove Saddam Hussein from power.

The simple fact is that so long as Qaddafi remains in power, the people of Libya remain at risk of violence by their government.  That’s why the president’s “mission accomplished” message rings so hollow. 

3. Does President Obama pledge to send a request to Congress to pay for the cost of the war so our men and women in uniform are not asked to take it out of an already stretched budget while they are still engaged in two other wars and several small campaigns?

No.  The president did not mention how this effort was going to be paid for.  All indications are that it will come directly from the Pentagon’s budget, leaving our men and women in uniform who are already stretched with even fewer resources.

4. Does President Obama acknowledge the danger of Al Qaeda allies among the anti-Qaddafi forces and pledge to work for a moderate replacement government without extremist factions?

Partial credit.  The president never acknowledged the likelihood of the presence of al-Qaeda within the rebel forces but did speak vaguely about diplomatic efforts to “support a transition to the future that the Libyan people deserve.”  He then concluded his speech with a more specific commitment that the United States would find ways to help those around the world that believe in core American principles. 
5. Does President Obama describe clearly the coalition command structure, the American role, and an allied commitment to defeat Qaddafi?

No.  In fact, his explanation of handing off command to NATO made it seem as if NATO was some sort of separate country with its own military resources.  In fact, NATO is simply a military alliance and command structure through which our allies conduct joint military operations.  In practice, handing off control of the operation to NATO only means that command will be transferred from American General Carter Ham (Commander of U.S. Africa Command) to American Admiral James Stavridis (Supreme Allied Commander-Europe).

The president also failed to mention there is currently another engagement being commanded by NATO – the mission in Afghanistan.  Of course, mentioning that would have exposed the smokescreen he was trying to create, since the United States continues to pay a heavy financial and human toll in Afghanistan every day.

The president’s long overdue explanation to the country was unsatisfactory in providing clear objectives for Libya.  He did not explain why he valued the consensus of the international community over the Congress.  His previously stated goal of removing Qaddafi is not in line with the goals of the coalition.  He has placed the U.S. military in the position of refereeing a civil war under the auspices of a humanitarian effort without a definition of success.  Lastly, the president cannot say today when our commitment to enforcing the no-fly zone might end.

What Should Have Been Done versus What Must Be Done Now

On February 24, I stated that U.S. military force was not necessary to remove Qaddafi.  He was clearly in a weak position and we could have worked with our allies, particularly our Arab allies, who want to see a post-Qaddafi Libya, using quiet, covert, and indirect action to get rid of Qaddafi. 

On March 3rd the president took that option off the table when he unambiguously declared that Qaddafi must step down from power and leave.  This statement put the authority and prestige of the United States against a dictator, committing the United States to that objective.  Anything less would be seen as a defeat for the United States.

In that new reality, I commented on March 7th that we should declare a no-fly zone in support of the president’s public commitment to oust the dictator. 

By March 19th, however, the president had dropped his objective of getting rid of Qaddafi and adopted the U.N.’s objective of enforcing a no-fly zone for a humanitarian cease-fire. I said at that time I did not support using the U.S military if it was not for the expressed purpose of removing Qaddafi from power.  I reiterated that prior to March 3rd, I would not have intervened militarily, but after March 3rd the only reason to use military force was to get rid of Qaddafi.

World events are becoming more complicated, intertwined, and fast paced.  As such, our leaders need to be able to adjust their analysis and prescriptions as the facts dictate.

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: March 30, 2011, 10:52:36 AM »

Unfortunately Newt Gingrich doesn't fully understand what is actually going on either. The actions in the ME are being done to bring back the Caliphate, 10 muslim leaders (also called kings or Imams) ruling over all the earth and two people they call the Mahdi and Isa that rule over them. The muslim brotherhood is an organization that has been working for many decades to bring all the different muslim factions together in this manner.

Just prior to the first of these protests/riots starting in the ME a muslim brotherhood leader met with obama in the White House, then went to Afghanistan, then to Iran with a meeting with Ahmadinejad and then finally went to Egypt meeting up with Ayers and Dhorn and shortly after that the riots went full blown.

Although there are some unknowing muslims being drawn into this to aid them this is being elevated by a coalition of the muslim borhterhood, al Qaeda, Iran and some others.

I do believe that we will soon see the caliphate coming forward out of all of this.

There is at least one person in Congress that does see what is going on right now, Allen West. Unfortunately not very many people are listening to him.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: April 07, 2011, 05:35:44 PM »

This is worth your time reading; and what is especially good about it is, it came from CBS.

One Evil Human Being

FROM STEVE KROFT (60 Minutes)

This is very interesting material. Glen Beck has been developing material to show all the ties that Soros has through the nation and world along with his goals. This article is written by Steve Kroft from 60 Minutes.  It begins to piece together the rise of Obama and his behavior in leading the nation along with many members of Congress (in particular the Democrats, such as the election of Pelosi as the minority leader in Congress)

Interesting read on George Soros:

If you have wondered where Obama came from and just how he quickly moved from obscurity to President, or why the media is "selective" in what we are told, here is the man who most probably put him there and is responsible. He controls  President Obama's every move. Think this is absurd?   Invest a few minutes and read this. You won't regret it.

Who is Obama? Obama is a puppet and here is the explanation of the man or demon that pulls his strings. It’s not by chance that Obama can manipulate the world. I don't think he knows how to tie his shoe laces. After reading this and Obama's reluctance to accept help on the oil spill you wonder if the spill is part of the plan to destroy the US ?  "In history, nothing happens by accident. If it happened, you can bet someone planned it."/ Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Who Is George Soros? He brought the market down in 2 days. Here is what CBS' Mr. Steve Kroft's research has turned up. It's a bit of a read, and it took 4 months to put it together. "The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States . "George Soros"

George Soros is an evil man.  He's anti-God, anti-family, anti-American, and anti-good." He killed and robbed his own Jewish people. What we have in Soros, is a multi-billionaire atheist, with skewed moral values, and a sociopath's lack of conscience. He considers himself to be an elitist World class philosopher, despises the American way, and just loves to do social engineering and change cultures.

György Schwartz, better known to the world as George Soros, was born  August 12, 1930 in Hungary . Soros' father, Tivadar, was a fervent practitioner of the Esperanto language invented in 1887, and designed to be the first global language, free of any national identity. The Schwartz's, who were non-practicing Jews, changed the family name to Soros, in order to facilitate assimilation into the Gentile population, as the Nazis spread into Hungary during the 1930s.

When Hitler's henchman Adolf Eichmann arrived in Hungary , to oversee the murder of that country's Jews, George Soros ended up with a man whose job was confiscating property from the Jewish population.  Soros went with him on his rounds.

Soros has repeatedly called 1944  "the best year of his life." 70% of Mr. Soros's fellow Jews in Hungary , nearly a half-million human beings, were annihilated in that year, yet he gives no sign that this put any damper on his elation, either at the time or indeed in retrospect".  During an interview with "Sixty Minute's" Steve Kroft, Soros was asked about  his "best year."

KROFT: My understanding is that  you went out with this protector of yours who swore that you were his adopted godson.

SOROS: Yes.  Yes.

KROFT: Went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation of property from your fellow Jews, friends and neighbors.

SOROS: Yes. That's right.  Yes.

KROFT: I mean, that sounds like an experience that  would send lots of people to the psychiatric couch for many, many, years. Was it difficult?

SOROS: No, not at all. Not at all, I  rather enjoyed it.

KROFT: No feelings of  guilt?

SOROS: No, only feelings of absolute  power.

In his article, Muravchik describes how Soros  has admitted to having carried some rather "potent messianic fantasies with me from childhood, which I felt I had to control, otherwise they might get me in trouble." Be that as it may. After WWII, Soros attended the London School of Economics, where he fell under the thrall of fellow atheist and Hungarian, Karl Popper, one of his professors. Popper was a mentor to Soros until Popper's death in 1994. Two of Popper's most influential teachings concerned "the open society," and Fallibilism.

Fallibilism is the philosophical doctrine that all claims of knowledge could, in principle, be mistaken. (Then again, I could be wrong about that.)  The "open society" basically refers to a "test and evaluate" approach to social engineering. Regarding "open society", Roy Childs writes, "Since the Second World War, most of the Western democracies have followed Popper's advice about piecemeal social  engineering and democratic social reform, and it has gotten them into a grand mess."

In 1956 Soros moved to New York City , where he worked on Wall Street, and started amassing his fortune.  He specialized in hedge funds and currency speculation.  Soros is absolutely ruthless, amoral, and clever in his business dealings, and quickly made his fortune. By the 1980s he was well on  his way to becoming the global powerhouse that he is today.

In an article Kyle-Anne Shiver wrote for "The American Thinker" she says, "Soros made his first billion in 1992 by shorting the British pound with leveraged billions in financial bets, and became known as the man who broke the Bank of England . He broke it on the backs of hard-working British citizens who immediately saw their homes severely devalued and their life savings cut drastically, almost overnight."

In 1994 Soros crowed in "The New Republic ," that "the former Soviet Empire is now called the Soros Empire." The Russia-gate scandal in 1999, which almost collapsed the Russian economy, was labeled by Rep. Jim Leach, then head of the House Banking Committee, to be "one of the greatest social robberies in human history. "The "Soros Empire" indeed. In 1997 Soros almost destroyed the economies of Thailand and Malaysia . At the time, Malaysia 's Prime Minister, Mahathir Mohammad, called Soros "a villain, and a moron." Thai activist Weng Tojirakarn said, "We regard George Soros as a kind of Dracula. He sucks the  blood from the people."

The website Greek National  Pride reports, "Soros was part of the full court press that dismantled Yugoslavia and caused trouble in Georgia , Ukraine and Myanmar [ Burma ]. Calling himself a philanthropist, Soros' role is to tighten the ideological stranglehold of globalization and the New World Order while promoting his own financial gain. He is without conscience; a capitalist who functions with absolute amorality."

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: April 07, 2011, 05:38:47 PM »

This is worth your time reading; and what is especially good about it is, it came from CBS.

One Evil Human Being

France has upheld an earlier conviction against Soros, for felony insider trading. Soros was fined 2.9 million dollars. Recently, his native Hungary fined Soros 2.2  million dollars for "illegal market manipulation." Elizabeth Crum writes that the Hungarian economy has been in a state of transition as the country seeks to become more financially stable and westernized. Soros deliberately driving down the share price of its largest bank put Hungary's economy into a wicked tailspin, one from which it is still trying to recover.

My point here is that Soros is a planetary parasite. His grasp, greed, and gluttony have a global reach.  But what about America ? Soros told Australia 's  national newspaper "The Australian," " America , as the center of  the globalized financial markets, was sucking up the savings of the world. This is now over. The game is out," he said, adding that the time has come for "a very serious adjustment" in American's consumption habits.  He implied that he was the one with the  power to bring this about."

Soros: "World financial crisis was "stimulating" and "in a way, the culmination of my life's work."

Obama has recently promised 10 billion of our tax dollars to Brazil, in order to give them a leg-up in  expanding their offshore oil fields. Obama's largesse towards Brazil came shortly after his political financial backer, George Soros, invested heavily in Brazilian oil (Pet rob ras).

Tait Trussel writes, "The Pet rob ras loan may be a windfall for Soros and Brazil , but it is a bad deal for the U. S.  The American Petroleum Institute estimates that oil exploration in the U S could create 160,000 new, well-paying jobs, as well as $1.7 trillion in revenues to federal, state, and local governments, all while fostering greater energy security and independence."

A blog you might want to keep an eye on is www.SorosWatch.com. Their mission: "This blog is dedicated to all who have suffered due to the ruthless financial  pursuits of George Soros. Your stories are many and varied, but the theme is the same: the destructive power of greed without conscience. We pledge to tirelessly watch Soros wherever he goes and to print the truth in the hope that he will one day be made to stop preying upon the world's poor, that justice will be served."

Back to America . Soros has been actively working to destroy America from the inside out for some years now. People have been warning us. Two years ago, news sources reported that "Soros [is] an extremist who wants open borders, a one-world foreign policy, legalized drugs, euthanasia, and on and on. This is off-the-chart dangerous." In 1997 Rachel Ehrenfeld wrote, "Soros uses his philanthropy to change or more accurately deconstruct the moral values and attitudes of the  Western world, and particularly of the American people. His "open society" is not about freedom; it is about license. His vision rejects the notion of ordered liberty, in favor of a PROGRESSIVE ideology of rights and entitlements."

Perhaps the most important of these "whistle blowers" are David Horowitz and Richard Poe. Their book "The Shadow Party" outlines in detail how Soros hijacked the Democratic Party, and now owns it lock, stock, and barrel. Soros has been packing the Democratic Party with radicals, and ousting moderate Democrats for years. The Shadow Party became the Shadow Government, which recently became the Obama Administration.

Discover TheNetworks.org  (another good source) writes, "By his [Soros'] own admission, he  helped engineer coups in Slovakia , Croatia , Georgia , and  Yugoslavia . When Soros targets a country for "regime change," he begins by creating a  shadow government, a fully formed government-in-exile, ready to assume power when the opportunity arises. The Shadow Party he has built in America greatly resembles those he has created in other countries prior to instigating a coup."

November  2008 edition of the German magazine "Der Spiegel," in which Soros gives his opinion on what the next POTUS (President of the U. S. ) should do after taking office. "I think we need a large stimulus package." Soros thought that around 600 billion would be about right. Soros also said that "I think Obama presents us a great opportunity to finally deal with global warming and energy dependence.  The U. S. needs a cap and trade system with  auctioning of licenses for emissions rights."

Although Soros doesn't (yet) own  the Republican Party, like he does the Democrats, make no mistake, his tentacles are spread throughout the Republican Party as well.

Soros is a partner in the Carlyle Group where he has invested more than 100 million dollars. According to an article by "The Baltimore Chronicle's" Alice Cherbonnier, the Carlye Group is run by "a veritable who's who of former Republican leaders," from CIA man Frank Carlucci, to CIA head and ex-President George Bush, Sr.

In late 2006, Soros  bought about 2 million shares of Halliburton, Dick Cheney's old stomping grounds. When the Democrats and Republicans held their conventions in 2000, Soros held Shadow Party conventions in the same  cities, at the same time. In 2008, Soros donated $5,000,000,000 ( that’s Five Billion ) to the  Democratic National Committee, DNC, to insure Obama's win and wins  for many other Alinsky trained Radical Rules Anti-American Socialist. George has been contributing a $ billion plus to the DNC since Clinton came on the scene.

Soros has dirtied both sides of the aisle, trust me. And if that weren't  bad enough, he has long held connections with the CIA. And I mustn't forget to mention  Soros' involvement with the MSM (Main Stream Media), the  entertainment industry (e. g. he owns 2.6 million shares of Time  Warner), and the various political advertising organizations he funnels millions to. In short, George Soros controls or influences most of the MSM.  Little wonder they ignore the TEA PARTY, Soro's NEMESIS.

As Matthew Vadum writes, "The liberal billionaire-turned-philanthropist has been buying up media  properties for years in order to drive home his message to the American public that they are too materialistic, too wasteful, too selfish, and too stupid to decide for themselves how to run their own lives."

Richard Poe writes, "Soros' private philanthropy, totaling nearly $5 billion, continues undermining America 's traditional Western values. His giving has provided funding of abortion rights, atheism, drug legalization, sex education, euthanasia, feminism, gun control, globalization, mass immigration, gay marriage and other radical experiments in social engineering."

Some of the many NGOs (Non-Government Organizations) that Soros funds with his billions are: MoveOn. org, the Apollo Alliance, Media Matters for America , the Tides Foundation, the ACLU, ACORN, PDIA (Project on Death In America ), La Raza, and many more.  For a more complete list, with  brief descriptions of the NGOs, go to www.DiscoverTheNetworks.org.

Poe continues, "Through his global web of Open Society Institutes and Open Society Foundations, Soros has spent 25 years recruiting, training, indoctrinating and installing a network of loyal operatives in 50 countries, placing them in positions of influence and power in media, government, finance and academia."

Without Soros' money, would the Saul Alinsky's Chicago machine still be rolling? Would SEIU, ACORN, and La Raza still be pursuing their nefarious activities? Would Big Money and lobbyists still be corrupting government? Would our college campuses still be retirement homes for 1960s radicals?

America stands at the brink of an abyss, and that fact is directly attributable to Soros. Soros has vigorously, cleverly, and insidiously planned the ruination of America and his puppet, Barack Obama is leading the way.

The words of Pat rick Henry are apropos: "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"
--------------

Above information researched by CBS Steve Kroft

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: April 14, 2011, 06:15:13 PM »

Obama - Doesn't anybody know??

I find this one hard to believe but until some answers are forthcoming what choice do we have??

OK... this is past the 'birthers' questions.... this is just plain old common sense, no political agendas for either side. Just common knowledge that citizens of a country and especially American citizens who even know that Andrew Jackson's wife smoked a corn cob pipe and was accused of adultery or that Lincoln never went to school or Kennedy wore a back brace or Truman played the piano.

Good grief... we are Americans! We are known for our humanitarian interests and caring for our 'fellow man'. We care, but none of us know one single humanizing fact about the history of our own president. Honestly, and this is a personal thing...but it's niggled at me for ages that no one who ever dated him ever showed up. The simple fact of his charisma that caused the women to be drawn to him so obviously during his campaign, looks like some lady would not have missed the opportunity.... We all know about JFK's magnetism, McCain was no monk, Palin's courtship and even her athletic prowess were probed... Biden's aneurisms are no secret. Look at Cheney and Clinton.. we all know about their heart problems and certainly speaking of the opposite sex- how could I have left out Wild Bill before or during the White House? Nope... not one lady has stepped up and said, "He was soooo shy...." or "What a great dancer!!" Now look at the rest of this... no classmates, not even the recorder for the Columbia class notes ever heard of him....

.... I just dunno about this fellow.

Who was the best man at his wedding? Start there. Then check groomsmen.

Then get the footage of the graduation ceremony. Has anyone talked to the professors? It is odd that no one is bragging that they knew him or taught him or lived with him.

When did he meet Michele and how?? Are there photos there?? Every president gives to the public all their photos, etc. for their library, etc. What has he released?? And who in hell voted for him to be the most popular man in 2010??

Does this make you wonder?? Ever wonder why no one ever came forward from President Obama's past saying they knew him, attended school with him, was his friend, etc.?? Not one person has ever come forward from his past.

VERY, VERY STRANGE..

This should really be a cause for great concern.. To those who voted for him, you may have elected an unqualified, inexperienced shadow man. Did you see a picture called The Manchurian Candidate?.....

Let's face it. As insignificant as we all are .. someone whom we went to school with remembers our name or face ... someone remembers we were the clown or the dork or the brain or the quiet one or the bully or something about us. George Stephanopoulos of ABC News said the same thing during the 2008 campaign. He questions why no one has acknowledged the president was in their classroom or ate in the same cafeteria or made impromptu speeches on campus. Stephanopoulos also was a classmate of Obama at Columbia -- the class of 1984. He says he never had a single class with him.

While he is such a great orator, why doesn't anyone in Obama's college class remember him?? And, why won't he allow Columbia to release his records??

NOBODY REMEMBERS OBAMA AT COLUMBIA

Looking for evidence of Obama's past, Fox News contacted 400 Columbia University students from the period when Obama claims to have been there, but none remembered him.

Wayne Allyn Root was, like Obama, a political science major at Columbia who also graduated in 1983. In 2008, Root says of Obama, "I don't know a single person at Columbia that knew him, and they all know me. I don't have a classmate who ever knew Barack Obama at Columbia .. EVER!

Nobody recalls him. Root adds that he was also, like Obama, "Class of '83 political science, pre-law" and says, "You don't get more exact or closer than that." Never met him in my life, don't know anyone who ever met him. At the class reunion, our 20th reunion five years ago, who was asked to be the speaker of the class?? Me. No one ever heard of Barack!! And five years ago, nobody even knew who he was. The guy who writes the class notes, who's kind of the, as we say in New York, 'the macha' who knows everybody, has yet to find a person, a human who ever met him."

Obama's photograph does not appear in the school's yearbook and Obama consistently declines requests to talk about his years at Columbia , provide school records, or provide the name of any former classmates or friends while at Columbia ..

NOTE: Root graduated as Valedictorian from his high school, Thornton-Donovan School , then graduated from Columbia University in 1983 as a Political Science major in the same class in which Barack Hussein Obama states he was.

Some other interesting questions..

Why was Obama's law license inactivated in 2002??

Why was Michelle's law license inactivated by Court Order??

It is circulating that according to the U.S. Census, there is only one Barack Obama but 27 Social Security numbers and over 80 aliases. WHAT!!??? The Social Security number he uses now originated in Connecticut where he is never reported to have lived.

No wonder all his records are sealed!!

I'm asking y'all to please continue sending this out to everyone. Somewhere, someone had to know him in school...before he "reorganized" Chicago & burst upon the scene at the 2004 Democratic Convention & made us all swoon with his charm, poise & speaking pizazz.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 14, 2011, 10:12:16 PM »

One Evil Human Being

America stands at the brink of an abyss, and that fact is directly attributable to Soros. Soros has vigorously, cleverly, and insidiously planned the ruination of America and his puppet, Barack Obama is leading the way.

The words of Pat rick Henry are apropos: "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"
--------------

Above information researched by CBS Steve Kroft

This is one scary article.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 14, 2011, 10:16:03 PM »

Obama - Doesn't anybody know??

I find this one hard to believe but until some answers are forthcoming what choice do we have??

I got this too and it was very interesting.  What I don't get is why our own government and courts, that COULD do something, has every right and means to do something, ....doesn't do anything.  What is the hold?  What is the threat?

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: April 14, 2011, 10:17:32 PM »

Obama to push new state of Palestine in September?
reuters.com

The United States plans a new push to promote comprehensive Arab-Israeli peace, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Tuesday, suggesting a stronger U.S. hand in trying to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

President Barack Obama will lay out U.S. policy toward the Middle East and North Africa in the coming weeks, Clinton told Arab and U.S. policy makers in a speech that placed particular emphasis on Israeli-Palestinian peace.

Obama's launch of direct Israeli-Palestinian peace talks last year went nowhere and he is under pressure to make a new initiative or face the prospect of the Palestinians seeking the U.N. General Assembly's blessing for a Palestinian state.

"The president will be speaking in greater detail about America's policy in the Middle East and North Africa in the coming weeks," Clinton said at the U.S.-Islamic World Forum, a gathering sponsored by Qatar and the Brookings Institution, a Washington think tank.

"America's core interests and values have not changed, including our commitment to promote human rights, resolve long-standing conflicts, counter Iran's threats and defeat al Qaeda and its extremist allies," she added. "This includes renewed pursuit of comprehensive Arab-Israeli peace."

Clinton spoke against the backdrop of the popular revolts that have toppled long-time authoritarian leaders in Tunisia and Egypt this year and spurred public protests in much of the Arab world, including Libya, Bahrain, Syria and Yemen.

"The status quo between Palestinians and Israelis is no more sustainable than the political systems that have crumbled in recent months," she said, saying the only way to meet both people's aspirations was through a two-state solution.

"And while it is a truism that only the parties themselves can make the hard choices for peace, there is no substitute for continued, active American leadership -- and the president and I are committed to that," she added.

LITTLE TO SHOW FOR OBAMA EFFORTS

While Obama came into office saying that settling the six-decade Arab Israeli conflict would be a priority, he has little to show for his effort.

Peace talks aimed at ending the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians broke down last year after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu refused to extend a partial freeze on Jewish settlement building in the occupied West Bank.

The core issues in the conflict include borders, security, the future of Jerusalem and Jewish settlements in territory Israel occupied in the 1967 Middle East War, and the fate of Palestinian refugees.

Netanyahu is widely expected to visit the United States in may and there have been media reports that he may float fresh ideas on how to get the peace process going again.

Speaking at the U.S.-Islamic World Forum earlier on Tuesday, Senator John Kerry, the Massachusetts Democrat who chairs the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, suggested Obama could sketch out a new diplomatic initiative soon.

"It is very possible that President Obama will even step out ahead of that (Netanyahu's visit) and possibly -- I say possibly -- make his own contribution to where he thinks the process ought to go," Kerry said, saying this could lead to "a responsible effort" toward solving the conflict.

Israeli security officials have cautioned that the absence of any peace initiative could spark a new Palestinian revolt. Over 500 Israeli civilians died in 140 Palestinian suicide bomb attacks from 2000 to 2007.

A bomb planted in a bag exploded near a bus stop in a Jewish district of Jerusalem on March 23, killing a woman and injuring at least 30 people, in an attack police blamed on Palestinian militants.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: April 16, 2011, 10:37:06 AM »

Obama Taunts GOP: 'You Think We're Stupid?'
Friday, 15 Apr 2011 12:50 PM
newsmax.com

Read more on Newsmax.com: Obama Taunts GOP: 'You Think We're Stupid?'
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

President Barack Obama was caught on an open microphone taunting Republicans over their attempts to repeal healthcare reform and their failure to defund Planned Parenthood.

Obama was meeting privately with backers at a fundraiser in Chicago on Thursday night when his remarks were accidentally piped back into the White House press room.

Reporters there heard him tell the donors: “I said [to Republicans], ‘You want to repeal healthcare? Go at it. We’ll have that debate. You’re not going to do that by nickel-and-diming me in the budget. You think we’re stupid?”

Obama also complained about GOP attempts to defund Planned Parenthood by attaching a bill to the resolution to fund the federal government and avoid a government shutdown.

“Put it in a separate bill,” Obama said he told House Speaker John Boehner and his staff. “We’ll call it up. And if you think you can overturn my veto, try it. But don’t try to sneak this through.”

Obama was heard commenting that some government workers are “slugs and not trying to do their job,” according to CBS News reporter Mark Knoller. He complained that “we can’t get our phones to work” in the White House.

The open mic also caught the president disparaging Rep. Paul Ryan, the GOP’s Budget Committee chairman who has proposed sweeping cuts in federal spending.

“Paul Ryan says his priority is to make sure, he’s just being America’s accountant,” Obama said in comments reported by USA Today.

“This is the same guy that voted for two wars that were unpaid for, voted for the Bush tax cuts that were unpaid for, voted for the prescription drug bill that cost as much as my healthcare bill, but wasn’t paid for . . . So it’s not on the level.”

Charles Schumer
Another prominent Democrat, Sen. Charles Schumer, was caught in a similar gaffe in March, when he was heard instructing fellow Democrats to paint Republicans as extremist tea party zealots in the budget debates.

Schumer was about to start a conference call with reporters on March 29 and was apparently unaware that many of the reporters were already on the line.

“I always use the word extreme,” Schumer said. “That is what the caucus instructed me to use this week.”

He also told his colleagues to characterize the spending cuts called for by Speaker Boehner as extreme.

Like Obama, Vice President Joe Biden was also victimized by an open microphone. In March 2010, as President Obama was preparing to sign the healthcare legislation, Biden was heard to say, “This is a big (expletive) deal.”

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the