Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 02:50:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286957 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 171107 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1215 on: June 18, 2009, 01:49:35 PM »

Have you seen this?  It came in an email......

Is Obama still a Muslim? 

Clues: His bowing and the religious shunning of Michele.

I was at Blockbusters on Saturday renting videos, and I was going along the wall and there was a video called "Obama".  I told the men next to me that I wouldn't waste my time.  We talked about Obama.  These guys were Arabs and I asked them why they thought Michele Obama headed home following her visit in France instead of traveling on to Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Iraq with her husband.  They said she couldn't go to Saudi Arabia , Turkey or Iraq.

I said, "Laura Bush went to Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Dubai."

They said that Obama is a Muslim and by Muslim law he would not be allowed to bring his wife into the countries that accept Sharia Law.  Just thought it was interesting that the Arabs at Blockbusters accept the idea that we're being led by a Muslim who follows the Islamic creed.  They also said that's the reason he bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia.  It was a signal to the Muslim world.  Just thought you would find that perspective interesting. 

Sometimes, things are exactly as they appear!

Sister, I've been saying this for a long time. Just take a look at his actions to date, it's enough to make one cry.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: June 18, 2009, 03:11:01 PM »

Yes indeedy.  He knows it, we know it, the Democrats ignore it.

Let us fight the good fight!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: June 18, 2009, 06:53:53 PM »

Sorry, just my poor attempt at making humor about those who voted for change...

20 cents / change  = pocket change?

...get it?   Grin    nm   Sad

Grin   YES, I'd say that they got some CHANGE, but it's pretty ugly and not in our pockets. I'm thinking about writing a book, and it will be called "Obamanure".

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: June 18, 2009, 07:19:55 PM »

Have you seen this?  It came in an email......

Is Obama still a Muslim? 

Clues: His bowing and the religious shunning of Michele.

I was at Blockbusters on Saturday renting videos, and I was going along the wall and there was a video called "Obama".  I told the men next to me that I wouldn't waste my time.  We talked about Obama.  These guys were Arabs and I asked them why they thought Michele Obama headed home following her visit in France instead of traveling on to Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Iraq with her husband.  They said she couldn't go to Saudi Arabia , Turkey or Iraq.

I said, "Laura Bush went to Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Dubai."

They said that Obama is a Muslim and by Muslim law he would not be allowed to bring his wife into the countries that accept Sharia Law.  Just thought it was interesting that the Arabs at Blockbusters accept the idea that we're being led by a Muslim who follows the Islamic creed.  They also said that's the reason he bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia.  It was a signal to the Muslim world.  Just thought you would find that perspective interesting. 

Sometimes, things are exactly as they appear!

I think this hits the nail square on the head. It makes complete sense and answers many questions, but I doubt that the mainstream news media cares. I don't know what it would take to cause old-fashioned investigative news reporting. So far, it's a FREE ride except for Fox News, WND, OneNewsNow and some other Christian news sources. I might add that all of the news sources trying to get any semblance of the TRUTH out are becoming more popular by the minute.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1219 on: June 18, 2009, 09:07:39 PM »

Obama plan would give the government powers to seize key companies

By Jim Puzzanghera
June 16, 2009

The Obama administration this week will propose the most significant new regulation of the financial industry since the Great Depression, including a new watchdog agency to look out for consumers' interests.

Under the plan, expected to be released Wednesday, the government would have new powers to seize key companies -- such as insurance giant American International Group Inc. -- whose failure jeopardizes the financial system. Currently, the government's authority to seize companies is mostly limited to banks.

But critics say the easing of the financial crisis that gripped the country last year appears to have reduced the momentum for some of the most far-reaching proposals, such as merging several banking regulatory agencies.

They're also concerned that the proposed agency whose mission would be to protect consumers against financial misconduct wouldn't have the authority to do so for a wide-enough range of products.

"This is too little, too late," said Rep. Brad Sherman (D-Sherman Oaks), based on his understanding of the plan. "It's going to be way less than it should be."

On Monday, Obama administration officials sketched the outlines of the plan the president is to unveil Wednesday. They said it would seek to reduce gaps in regulatory oversight, rein in the use of mortgage-backed securities and other complex derivatives, reduce incentives for companies to take excessive risk and give the government new power to quickly intervene during any future crises.

"We had a system that proved too unstable, too fragile. . . . Those are things we have to change," Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner said Monday at an economic forum in New York.

The administration also is expected to propose creation of a regulatory body for financial products marketed to consumers, such as credit cards, whose oversight is now spread over several agencies.

In addition, the administration wants to impose regulation over the market for derivatives -- the murky financial contracts used to hedge risky investments -- including new reporting and disclosure requirements. Institutions that originate loans would be required to retain 5% of the credit risk when the loans are turned into securities.

All the proposals would have to be approved by Congress in a process the administration hopes to complete by the end of the year.

In the heat of the financial crisis last year, there were widespread calls for the government to merge several banking regulatory agencies into one to reduce gaps in oversight and stop what might be called "regulator shopping."

For example, AIG was able to choose the Office of Thrift Supervision for its non-insurance financial business when it bought a small savings and loan in the late 1990s. That office has been viewed as a weaker regulator, and was strongly criticized in a government report this year for ignoring repeated warning signs about Pasadena-based IndyMac Bancorp before the thrift's failure last summer.

"I'm concerned that people think we've stepped back from the brink of disaster and so they're not as committed to seeing real meaningful reforms adopted," said Barbara Roper, director of investor protection for the Consumer Federation of America.

For their part, business groups have worried that the Obama administration might go too far in responding to the financial crisis with new regulations, stifling the market and hurting financial firms at a time when the economy is still weak.

They have been pushing back against some of the proposals floated by the administration, lawmakers and consumer advocates, such as a consumer protection agency for financial products.

But Scott Talbott, chief lobbyist for the Financial Services Roundtable, which represents large financial institutions, said there was still a strong impetus in Washington for regulatory reform and dismissed the suggestion that the Obama administration had missed its chance to implement it.

"This has moved at lightning speed," he said. "You're talking about a historic piece of reform."

Administration officials also have dismissed suggestions that they had moved too slowly, saying they had pushed ahead despite calls from some quarters for them to wait until the end of the crisis before acting.

"There are people who believe that the wrong time to reorganize the fire department is while the fire may still be burning," Lawrence H. Summers, chairman of the White House's National Economic Council and Obama's chief economic advisor, said in a speech Friday. "The president has concluded very strongly that that view is wrong. . . . Experience teaches that once the crisis has passed, the will to reform will pass as well."

Douglas J. Elliott, an economics fellow at the Brookings Institution and a former investment banker, said there was still enough political momentum to pass major reforms. But as the financial crisis has eased, there is less ability to tackle the difficult turf battles involved in merging regulatory agencies.

For that reason, Elliott said, the Obama administration appeared more focused on setting new rules and principles than on the blowing up the government's regulatory structure.

"There are entrenched interests that benefit and are allied with each of these agencies. . . . That just makes it hard," he said.

"As far as I can tell, the administration doesn't think it's as important to get that structure right as to get the rules right and make sure people are focused on acting the right way."

Obama plan would give the government powers to seize key companies

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1220 on: June 18, 2009, 09:30:44 PM »

Obama Extends Benefits To Same-Sex Partners
June 18 2009 6:23 p.m. ET

President Obama signed a memorandum today extending some federal benefits to same-sex partners of federal workers. The measure does not cover health care and retirement benefits.

“Many of our government’s hard-working and dedicated, patriotic public servants have long been denied basic rights that their colleagues enjoy, for one simple reason: The people they love are of the same sex,” Obama said at an Oval Office signing ceremony.

After what he described as a “long, thorough review,” Obama signed the measure that, among other things, grants employees' same-sex partners access to a government insurance program that pays for long-term conditions, such as Alzheimer's disease. They also would be allowed to take sick leave to care for a sick partner or non-biological child.

"Extending equal benefits to the same-sex partners of Federal employees is the right thing to do, he said, noting that several top employers already offer benefits to same-sex partners.

"Those companies recognize that offering partner benefits helps them compete for and retain the brightest and most talented employees. The federal government is at a disadvantage on that score right now, and change is long overdue," he said.

Still, Obama noted that by law, the government cannot grant gay couples the same range of benefits afforded to heterosexual couples. He said he supports the Domestic Partners Benefits and Obligations Act, which would further extend benefits to gay couples.

He also reiterated his opposition to the Defense of Marriage Act: "It's discriminatory, it interferes with States' rights, and it's time we overturned it," he said.

Earlier in the day during a conference call with reporters, Office of Personnel Management Director John Berry said "This is a first step, not a final step."

"This is an attempt to get our federal house in order, and that is very important to do. It’s an example of practicing before preaching, and I believe the president is taking bold action to do just that, to get the federal house in order."

Berry said his office has been working on the issue for several months with White House staffers and lawmakers. He noted that 57 percent of Fortune 500 companies extend similar benefits to the same-sex partners of employees.

"I should also point out that Arizona and Alaska provide this benefit to their state employees," Berry said, in reference to the home states of last year's Republican presidential and vice presidential candidates.

"I think the gay community, of which I am a member, can be very proud that this president stands with us," Berry said. (More on Berry below.)

Three things to keep in mind regarding this decision:

1.) Obama Has Faced Criticism From Gay Rights Groups:
Stopping short of full benefits means the president will still face stiff criticism from liberals and other activists that feel he has not done enough in his first 149 days in office to address gay rights. Still, today's move will likely ease some of the bad feelings. Criticism centers around the administration's decision to file a legal brief that supports the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act.

On Monday the head of the Human Rights Campaign wrote an angry letter to the White House on the matter and The New York Times editorial board noted yesterday that Candidate Obama once vowed to overturn the act. "Now, the administration appears to be defending it out of a sense of obligation to support a validly enacted Congressional law. ... If the administration does feel compelled to defend the act, it should do so in a less hurtful way."

You think a presidential order extending benefits to same-sex couples might ease the burden? You betcha.

cont'd next post

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1221 on: June 18, 2009, 09:33:19 PM »

2.) "Don't Ask Don't Tell": Today's decision applies only to the Defense Department's civilian workforce and not to men and women in uniform. Obama has also faced criticism for his reluctance to reconsider the military's policy on gay service members, despite his campaign pledge to repeal it.

3.) John Berry: The most senior openly gay official ever in U.S. government, Obama's director of the Office of Personnel Management is a telegenic, well-respected leader that has made several statements in recent months hinting at today's move, essentially test-driving comments you may soon hear from Obama.

During a speech last week at the Justice Department, Berry passionately stated that the federal government had to do more to ensure equal rights for gay and lesbian Americans: "With the help of a president who supports our cause, the aid of courageous fellow countrymen and women who love liberty, and with God's grace, we shall prevail" in the quest for civil rights, Berry said.

He made similar comments in April during his ceremonial swearing in ceremony attended by First Lady Michelle Obama: "It is the president's and my opinion, that employees should only be judged by their ability to do the job and their performance while on the job and not by any other irrelevant factors," he said.

The president will take it from all sides on this decision: social conservatives will criticize the decision while gay rights activists will insist he did not do enough. Regardless, today is an important day for federal employees eager to enjoy the rights and benefits afforded to their colleagues.

Read Federal Diarist Joe Davidson's behind-the-scenes account of how today's events transpired. <--- link

Obama Extends Benefits To Same-Sex Partners

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: June 20, 2009, 09:31:25 AM »

The Obamacare horror story you won't hear

Michelle Malkin

The White House, Democrats and MoveOn liberals are spreading healthcare sob stories to sell a government takeover. But there's one healthcare policy nightmare you won't hear the Obamas hyping. It's a tale of poor minority patient-dumping in Chicago -- with first lady Michelle Obama's fingerprints all over it.

Both Republican Sen. Charles Grassley of Iowa and Democratic Rep. Bobby Rush of Illinois have raised red flags about the outsourcing program run by the University of Chicago Medical Center. The hospital has nonprofit status and receives lucrative tax breaks in exchange for providing charity care.

Yet, in fiscal year 2007, when Mrs. Obama was employed there, it spent a measly $10 million on charity care for the poor -- 1.3 percent of its total hospital expenses, according to an analysis performed for The Washington Post by the nonpartisan Center for Tax and Budget Accountability. The figure is below the 2.1 percent average for nonprofit hospitals in surrounding Cook County.

Rep. Rush called for a House investigation last week in response to months of patient-dumping complaints, noting: "Congress has a duty to expend its power to mitigate and prevent this despicable practice from continuing in centers that receive federal funds."

Don't expect the president to support a probe. While a top executive at the hospital, Mrs. Obama helped engineer the plan to offload low-income patients with non-urgent health needs. Under the Orwellian banner of an "Urban Health Initiative," Mrs. Obama sold the scheme to outsource low-income care to other facilities as a way to "dramatically improve healthcare for thousands of South Side residents."

In truth, it was old-fashioned cost-cutting and favor-trading repackaged as minority aid. Clearing out the poor freed up room for insured (i.e., more lucrative) patients. If a Republican had proposed the very same program and recruited black civic leaders to front it, Michelle Obama and her grievance-mongering friends would be screaming "RAAAAAAAAACISM!" at the top of their lungs.

Joe Stephens of The Washington Post wrote, "To ensure community support, Michelle Obama and others in late 2006 recommended that the hospital hire the firm of David Axelrod, who a few months later became the chief strategist for Barack Obama's presidential campaign. Axelrod's firm (ASK Public Strategies) recommended an aggressive promotional effort modeled on a political campaign -- appoint a campaign manager, conduct focus groups, target messages to specific constituencies, then recruit religious leaders and other third-party 'validators.' They, in turn, would write and submit opinion pieces to Chicago publications."

Some healthcare experts saw through Mrs. Obama and PR man Axelrod -- yes, the same Axelrod who is now President Obama's senior adviser. But the University of Chicago Medical Center hired ASK Public Strategies to promote Mrs. Obama's initiative. Axelrod had the blessing of Chicago political guru Valerie Jarrett -- now a White House senior adviser.

Axelrod's great contribution: re-branding! His firm recommended renaming the initiative after "internal and external respondents expressed the opinion that the word 'urban' is code for 'black' or 'black and poor.' ...Based on the research, consideration should be given to re-branding the initiative." Axelrod and the Obama campaign refused to disclose how much his firm received for its genius re-branding services.

In February 2009, outrage in the Obamas' community exploded upon learning that a young boy covered by Medicaid had been turned away from the University of Chicago Medical Center. Dontae Adams' mother, Angela, had sought emergency treatment for him after a pit bull tore off his upper lip. Mrs. Obama's hospital gave the boy a tetanus shot, antibiotics and Tylenol, and shoved him out the door. The mother and son took an hour-long bus ride to another hospital for surgery.

I'll guarantee you this: You'll never see the Adams family featured at an Obama policy summit or seated next to the first lady at a joint session of Congress to illustrate the failures of the healthcare system.

Following the Adams incident, the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) blasted Mrs. Obama and Axelrod's grand plan. The group released a statement expressing "grave concerns that the University of Chicago's policy toward emergency patients is dangerously close to 'patient dumping,' a practice made illegal by the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA)" -- signed by President Reagan, by the way -- "and reflected an effort to 'cherry pick' wealthy patients over poor."

Rewarding political cronies at the expense of the poor while posing as guardians of the downtrodden? Welcome to Obamacare.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: June 20, 2009, 09:48:33 AM »

In REALITY, everything about socialism and communism is CRUEL! This will certainly include any Obamacare scheme that they cook up. It will be OBAMANURE - NOT CARE!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1224 on: June 24, 2009, 10:46:31 PM »

Obama leaves door open to tax on health benefits
David Espo, Ap Special Correspondent
Wed Jun 24, 7:12 pm ET

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama left the door open to a new tax on health care benefits Wednesday, and officials said top lawmakers and the White House were seeking $150 billion in concessions from the nation's hospitals as they sought support for legislation struggling to emerge in Congress.

"I don't want to prejudge what they're doing," the president said, referring to proposals in the Senate to tax workers who get expensive insurance policies. Obama, who campaigned against the tax when he ran for president, drew a quick rebuff from one union president.

The chief executive also met with governors and arranged a prime-time, town hall at the White House, the latest in a string of events designed to bend public opinion toward his top domestic initiative to reduce health care costs while making insurance available to the nearly 50 million Americans who lack it.

The flurry of activity extended to the Capitol, where the administration and its allies hoped for a prominent display of progress in the Senate before Congress begins a weeklong vacation on Friday.

Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus, D-Mont., labored in a daylong series of meetings to produce at least an outline of legislation that could command bipartisan support. Of the five House and Senate committees working on health care, Finance is the only one that appears to have a chance at such an agreement.

For their part, key Republicans pressed the White House for assurances that any concessions made now would not merely lead to additional demands at a later date. "We want to know the president is working in good faith along the way as we are," said Sen. Olympia Snowe, R-Maine, after meeting with Nancy-Ann DeParle, the top White House official on the issue.

Baucus appeared especially eager to show progress before the exodus from the Capitol began.

To that end, several officials said he was negotiating with representatives of the nation's hospitals, hoping to conclude an agreement that would build on an $80 billion weekend deal with the pharmaceutical industry.

Hospitals were being asked to accept a reduction of roughly $155 billion over the next decade in fees they are promised under government programs such as Medicare and Medicaid, according to numerous officials.

Officials at the American Hospital Association and the Federation of American Hospitals said they could not comment on any discussions.

Baucus is seeking similar concessions from nursing homes, insurance companies, medical device makers and possibly others, noting that any legislation would create a huge new pool of customers for industry providers.

At its heart, any legislation is expected to require insurance companies to offer coverage to any applicant, without exclusions or higher premiums for pre-existing medical conditions.

Overall, Baucus has said he hopes to hold the size of any legislation to $1 trillion or less, and in private negotiations, there were discussions about further scaling back eligibility for insurance subsidies from the government.

Additionally, Baucus was still searching for ways to cover the cost of his emerging legislation, and numerous officials said he appeared roughly $200 billion shy of achieving that goal. They added that a proposal to make it harder for taxpayers to itemize their medical expenses was drawing renewed interest among key senators as one way to raise revenue.

Current law allows those expenses to be itemized when they exceed 7.5 percent of adjusted gross income. The proposal under review would raise that to 10 percent, officials said.

At the White House, Obama sidestepped when asked if he was open to taxing health care benefits — a proposal he opposed vigorously in the campaign for the White House.

"I have identified the ways that I think we should finance this. I think Congress should adopt them. I'm going to wait and see what ideas ultimately they come up with," he said on ABC's "Good Morning America."

"I don't want to prejudge what they're doing. We've put forward what we think is best."

Organized labor weighed in quickly.

Gerald W. McEntee, president of the 1.6 million-member American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, said in an interview that union leaders believe Obama is "a person of his word." He was referring to Obama's opposition to taxing those benefits during last year's campaign.

"They're not going to take it," McEntee said of workers' views of that proposal. "They're not going to tolerate that."

It was the latest in a series of signs of presidential flexibility. On Tuesday, he left open the possibility that he could sign legislation that does not contain an option for a government-run insurance plan. And he has said recently he could accept a requirement for individuals to buy insurance, a position he opposed in the campaign.

Baucus and many Republicans support taxing health care benefits, and officials have said discussions center on imposing the tax in cases in which premium costs exceed $17,000 combined in payments by the employer and worker. Democrats want to exempt union members covered by contracts, but Republicans are resisting.

The officials who provided specifics on the negotiations in the Senate did so on condition of anonymity, saying they were not authorized to disclose private talks.

Despite months of efforts, Obama said in the ABC interview, "I think that we're still early in the process. All these issues are getting worked through."

At the same time, some of the Democrats' initial deadlines have slipped under the weight of higher-than-expected cost estimates from the Congressional Budget Office, internal disagreements and other difficulties.

Many Democrats insist on having an option for government-run insurance in the legislation so consumers can have a choice other than a plan from private insurers. Republicans are vehemently opposed, and compromise efforts have centered on a proposal for a nonprofit co-operative that initially would be funded by the federal government. Baucus said new approaches were discussed in meetings Wednesday, and he described them as "variations, but on the same themes that have been discussed quite a bit — more robust, beefed-up co-op approach."

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce said Wednesday that the government-run option would "gut the private market."

ABC News was the lone network broadcasting Obama's town hall — drawing criticism from Republicans who wanted equal time.

In defense, ABC News President David Westin said the show would "include a variety of perspectives coming from private individuals asking the president questions and taking issue with him, as they see fit."

Obama leaves door open to tax on health benefits

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1225 on: June 24, 2009, 11:26:51 PM »

Obama Flexes Muscles in Mideast, Resumes Ties with Damascus
06/24/09
by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu

(IsraelNN.com)

U.S. President Barack Obama is resuming diplomatic ties with Syria after a four-year hiatus as he aims for a regional peace in the Middle East. Syrian President Bashar Assad has conditioned peace with Israel on its regaining sovereignty of the strategic Golan Heights. Slightly more than half of the population on the Golan comprises Jews, and most of the remainder are Druze.

Israeli Foreign Minister spokesman Andy David told Israel National News Wednesday morning that the move by the U.S. is part of President Obama’s policies of “talking with the enemy” and that the issue of the Golan Heights is not a top American priority.

He noted that the return of an envoy does not necessarily mean an improvement in relations, and that the U.S. wants to have a more direct influence on the issues of the inquiry into the murder of former anti-Syrian Lebanese prime minister Rafik Hariri, the struggling economy in Syria and its support of Iraq rebels.

Imad Mustafa, Syria’s ambassador in Washington, welcomed the news of the return of an American counterpart to Damascus. The U.S. recalled its envoy from Syria four years ago, following the mammoth bomb attack that killed Hariri. Syria has been suspected of being behind the assassination.

"It's in our interests to have an ambassador in Syria," a senior Obama administration official told CNN. "We've been having more and more discussions, and we need to have someone there to engage," he said. The government has not made an official announcement, and no one has yet been named to serve in the post.

Syria remains on the American list of states that support terror, but relations between the two countries have been closer since President Obama took office in January.

Obama Flexes Muscles in Mideast, Resumes Ties with Damascus

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: June 25, 2009, 09:08:43 PM »

Obama opposes his own plan, but only for his own family. Obama wants his family to get the very best medical care, but won’t use his own plan.

http://www.stoptheaclu.com/2009/06/25/obama-would-not-pledge-his-family-to-his-own-healthcare-plan/

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: June 27, 2009, 09:50:39 AM »

For sale on eBay: Obama's 'Kenyan birth certificate'
Seller claims Mombasa document 'certified copy'

By Bob Unruh

With dozens of lawsuits filed over access to Barack Obama's certified long-form birth certificate, many more lawyers working on his behalf to keep it secret and the validity of the U.S. Constitution hanging in the balance, guess where a "certified copy" of the original Mombasa "document" has been found?

On eBay.

Item No. 160344374585, at least as of today, is described as "a certified copy of President Barack Obama's Kenyan Birth Certificate."

The seller, identified by the user name " colmado_naranja," states, "President Barack Hussein Obama II was born in The Coast Provincial Hospital at Mombasa in Kenya at 7:24 PM on August 4th, 1961."

The suspicion that Coast Provincial is, in fact, Obama's birth hospital is not new, with the subject having been discussed on both Internet blogs and forums already.

But the seller, who according to the eBay rankings has completed dozens of transactions on the behemoth auction site without difficulties, said this is the real deal.

The seller, who did not respond to a WND request for an interview, said online he was traveling in Kenya and repeatedly heard stories that Obama actually was born in Kenya.

"Kenyans were amused at how gullible Americans could be when it came to obvious things like the fact that Kenyans overtly admit to Barack Jr's Kenyan birth, yet the Americans continue to believe that they know better," the seller writes.

"I delved further and found that a birth certificate was on file at The Coast Provincial General Hospital at Mombasa," said the seller, who claims the certificate is in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

"I know several American expats that reside in Kenya. I asked the three that I could reach if they were aware of President Barack Obama's Kenyan birth. All three said that they were most obviously aware of his Kenyan birth. I was shocked. They went to further say that they weren't much concerned with it, after all they'd left the U.S. to start a new life abroad and didn't have much interest in what was taking place in the States. Besides, they said, who would believe them anyway?

"Along with my Congolese brother Andylenny (brother in heart, not blood) and a 1993 BMW with only one working door I was off to Mombasa to get myself a copy (certified I hoped) of Barack Jr's birth certificate," the seller reported.

Actual details of how the "certificate" was obtained are not reported.

"I am not posting any photos of the birth certificate here on eBay. I have not seen this birth certificate anywhere on the Internet, to post it here on eBay would lead to a flood of facsimiles on the Internet. This would inadvertently decrease the value of the certificate as well," the seller said.

WND has reported on dozens of legal challenges to Obama's status as a "natural born citizen." The Constitution, Article 2, Section 1, states, "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President."

Some of the lawsuits question whether he was actually born in Hawaii, as he insists. If he was born out of the country, Obama's American mother, the suits contend, was too young at the time of his birth to confer American citizenship to her son under the law at the time.

Other challenges have focused on Obama's citizenship through his father, a Kenyan subject to the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom at the time of his birth, thus making him a dual citizen. The cases contend the framers of the Constitution excluded dual citizens from qualifying as natural born.

Complicating the situation is Obama's decision to spend sums estimated in the hundreds of thousands of dollars to avoid releasing a state birth certificate that would put to rest all of the questions.

WND has reported that among the documentation not yet available for Obama includes his kindergarten records, his Punahou school records, his Occidental College records, his Columbia University records, his Columbia thesis, his Harvard Law School records, his Harvard Law Review articles, his scholarly articles from the University of Chicago, his passport, his medical records, his files from his years as an Illinois state senator, his Illinois State Bar Association records, any baptism records, and his adoption records.

Because of the dearth of information about Obama's eligibility, WND founder Joseph Farah has launched a campaign to raise contributions to post billboards asking a simple question: "Where's the birth certificate?"

The campaign followed a petition that has collected almost 400,000 signatures demanding proof of his eligibility, the availability of yard signs raising the question and the production of permanent, detachable magnetic bumper stickers asking the question.

The birth certificate seller is a self-proclaimed "collector of old Dominican and Cuban money" and has worked in the Congo.

"This spring I traveled through Kenya and its capital Nairobi. I was overwhelmed by the 'iconicized' face of U.S. President Barack Obama that displays itself throughout the country. I had lunch at a small eatery and noticed that the club sandwich with fried plantains was now known as 'Obama's Plate of the Day,'" the seller writes. "As an American I was bombarded with questions in English (English is national language of Kenya) on my feelings and opinions of a Kenyan governing the United States of America. The first several times I responded in saying that not enough time had elapsed since Barack Obama's appointment as president of the U.S.A., and that I'd have to hold my official opinion until at least January 2010, a year in office might be sufficient for me to judge his ability to govern the U.S.A.

"Naturally I thought that by 'Kenyan' they were referring to Barack Obama's blood, being that his father Barack Obama Sr. was a native of Kenya. After a day and a half of my being in Nairobi I learned that they were literally referring to President Barack Obama Jr. as being born in Kenya, a native of Kenya."

The seller also cited the fact that Obama has not release his "Hawaiian" birth certificate. His administration, the seller sayd, "in an attempt to put the birth certificate issue to a rest, has presented the American public with a FAKE, FORGED, Fraudulent Hawaiian Birth Certificate."

The seller indicated a willingness to respond to questions about the item, for which bidding was set to begin at $1,000. But the seller said questions would be evaluated and may not get a direct response.

There also was an option to purchase the document immediately for $1 million.

The "certification of live birth" posted online and widely touted as "Obama's birth certificate" does not in any way prove he was born in Hawaii, since the same "short-form" document is easily obtainable for children not born in Hawaii. The true "long-form" birth certificate – which includes information such as the name of the birth hospital and attending physician – is the only document that can prove Obama was born in Hawaii, but to date he has not permitted its release for public or press scrutiny.

Oddly, though congressional hearings were held to determine whether Sen. John McCain was constitutionally eligible to be president as a "natural born citizen," no controlling legal authority ever sought to verify Obama's claim to a Hawaiian birth.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1228 on: June 27, 2009, 11:01:49 AM »

So far the price is $7,901.00

Yes I have an account on eBay.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: June 27, 2009, 07:40:22 PM »

I never did think that he was an American citizen and still don't. Now, it's going to be a matter of who takes the bull by the horns and proves it. Hopefully, it will be soon enough to salvage what's left of a once great country. There will be lengthy prison sentences for many and huge reparations - rightfully so! Maybe we can put all of them at GITMO because no country will want them.

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the