Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2024, 05:41:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286953 Posts in 27571 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Obama
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Obama  (Read 169772 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: December 08, 2008, 02:10:15 PM »

I think that the challenges are far from over and know there are many other actions in the works. This matter will be resolved - it's just a matter of when and how many people will go down with Obama's ship. In the meantime, the conspiracy to cover this up is resulting in many more crimes. The BIG QUESTION is not "what will Obama Do?", rather "When will he be exposed and disqualified, and how many will face a variety of SERIOUS CRIMINAL CHARGES?"

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: December 08, 2008, 09:25:36 PM »

Eligibility dispute, Part 2,
scheduled by Supremes
Court rejects claim challenging candidacy,
schedules another for Friday conference

Not even the U.S. Supreme Court can kill the dispute that has developed over Sen. Barack Obama's eligibility to occupy the Oval Office based on questions raised over his birthplace and citizenship and his steadfast refusal to provide documentation on the issue.

The high court today denied a request to listen to arguments in a case, Donofrio v. Wells, from New Jersey that addressed the issues. But literally within minutes, the court's website confirmed that another conference is scheduled for Friday on another case raising the same worries.

The case of Leo C. Donofrio v. New Jersey Secretary of State Nina Mitchell Wells claimed Obama does not meet the Constitution's Article 2, Section 1 "natural-born citizen" requirement for president because of his dual citizenship at birth.

The new case, Cort Wrotnowski v. Susan Bysiewicz, Connecticut secretary of state, also makes a dual citizenship argument. It had been rejected by Justice Ruth Ginsburg Nov. 26 but then was resubmitted to Justice Antonin Scalia. There was no word of its fate for about 10 days, then today the court's website confirmed it has been distributed for Friday's conference, a meeting at which the justices consider whether to take cases.

Where's the proof Barack Obama was born in the U.S. or that he fulfills the "natural-born American" clause in the Constitution? If you still want to see it, sign WND's petition demanding the release of his birth certificate.

Donofrio, whose case was rejected today, said he's hopeful Wrotnowski's complaint will find a more receptive panel.

"It includes a more solid brief and a less treacherous lower court procedural history," Donofrio writes on his Natural Born Citizen blog. "I must stress that [Wrotnowski] does not have the same procedural hang up that mine does."

(Story continues below)

The website explained an appeals judge in New Jersey had incorrectly characterized Donofrio's original complaint as a "motion for leave to appeal" rather than a "direct appeal."

"If Cort's application is also denied then the fat lady can sing," the website stated. "Until then, the same exact issue is before SCOTUS as was in my case. Cort's application before SCOTUS incorporates all of the arguments and law in mine, but we improved on the arguments in Cort's quite a bit as we had more time to prepare it."

Besides the plaintiffs for these two and about a dozen other legal actions that challenge Obama's eligibility in courts around the country, there are tens of thousands of people who are alarmed by the unanswered questions about Obama.

More than 60,000 letters were generated by WND readers specifically asking the U.S. Supreme Court to review Obama's eligibility.

The campaign included 6,682 packages of nine letters each delivered to the court on the case about Obama's eligibility under the "a natural born citizen" requirement.

"If we didn't do everything possible to let the Supreme Court justices know what a concern this is to millions of Americans, I would feel like I was letting down the Constitution and the men who framed it – not to mention every citizen of the United States living now and in the future," Joseph Farah, WND's founder and editor, said of the campaign. "This constitutional eligibility test has become a key issue with me because if the plain language of the Constitution is no longer taken seriously by our nation's controlling legal authorities, we have become an outlaw nation – no longer under the rule of law but under the rule of men."

A petition drive Farah launched also has collected about 174,000 signatures – so far – from people who want to know the truth.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: December 09, 2008, 04:52:36 AM »

My wife and I have signed several petitions demanding that Obama's eligibility issues be resolved. This is NOT going away, regardless of how much money Obama supporters spend to shut people up.

If proof of eligibility is provided to QUALIFIED FORENSIC INVESTIGATORS, the matter will be closed - BUT NOT UNTIL THEN!

Most folks should smell a RAT by now. The easy and common sense thing to do would be to provide proof of eligibility and be done with it. That hasn't been done, and huge sums of money have been spent to prevent or quash legal actions to force the submittal of proper documentation. It hasn't been done BECAUSE OBAMA IS NOT ELIGIBLE, and existing documents are extremely poor forgeries. In fact, existing documents are so poorly forged that the three stooges could have done a better job in making the FALSE DOCUMENTATION.

The truth of the matter is that Obama couldn't pass any kind of reasonable background investigation. The first problem would be to find out who he is and what his real name is. Any background investigator beyond a rank beginner would find all kinds of problems in a matter of minutes.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: December 10, 2008, 08:53:15 AM »

Another Chicago case tied to Obama
Whistleblower claims he was fired for objection to Rezko house deal

While prosecutors are making no allegations against Barack Obama in the massive criminal complaint unsealed yesterday against Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, a separate civil case in Chicago asserts the president-elect benefited from a shady land deal orchestrated by convicted felon Antonin "Tony" Rezko.

WND obtained a copy of the civil complaint filed in October with the Illinois Circuit Court in Cook County by former real estate credit analyst Kenneth J. Conner.

Conner alleges he was fired by his former employer, Mutual Bank of Harvey, Ill., because he objected to land appraisals submitted on behalf of the Rezkos and the Obamas, with the complicity of the bank.

Rezko, who was convicted of corruption charges earlier this year that implicated Blagojevich, reportedly cooperated with federal prosecutors in the case against the Illinois governor. As a major fundraiser, Rezko helped launch the political careers of both Obama and Blagojevich.

In 2005, Obama admitted to the Washington Post the property deal he made while Rezko already was under federal investigation was a "bonehead mistake."

The transaction involved Obama purchasing a multi-million-dollar home in Chicago's trendy Kenwood neighborhood, across the street from the Rezkos, at a discounted price. On the same day, Rezko's wife purchased a strip of land adjacent to the Obamas for the full asking price then sold it to the Obamas for $300,000 less.

Mutual Bank had lent Rezko millions of dollars in various real estate transactions over many years.

"'I wouldn't have filed this case without doing as much due diligence as possible, including contacting Mutual Bank," Connor's attorney Glenn R. Gaffney told WND. "I believe my client was wrongfully fired by Mutual Bank for objecting to the appraisals involved in the Rezko-Obama transaction."

Gaffney asserted Obama's own appraisal contradicts the argument that Rezko paid fair value in the transaction.

"This confirms Connor was right in arguing the bank's appraisal obtained to facilitate the Rezko loan appears substantially overstated," Gaffney said.

The attorney told WND his client had contacted the FBI and submitted relevant documents before he was retained as legal counsel to pursue the wrongful-dismissal case.

WND has confirmed with the clerk of the Cook County Clerk of Courts that Conner has requested a 12-person jury trial, and the case, docketed as 2008#L011470, has been assigned to Judge Charles Winkler.

'Inconvenient appraisal'

Conner's complaint establishes that in June 2005, Mutual Bank President and CEO Amrish Mahajan and other Mutual Bank officers "approved a loan to Rita Malki Rezko which was guaranteed by Antonin Rezko so that Rita Rezko could purchase a 9,090 square foot vacant parcel of the real estate at 5050 Greenwood Avenue, Chicago."

The complaint also confirms as undisputed fact, "On or about January 4, 2006, Rita Rezko entered into an agreement with Senator Barack and Michelle Obama to sell a ten-foot strip of the S. Greenwood property to the Obamas."

Connor's complaint charges that Mutual Bank removed from the file an inconvenient appraisal he conducted.

Connor contends fraudulent appraisals were submitted to permit the Rezkos and the Obamas to collude with one another on both the initial purchase of the double-lot property and the subsequent sale of the vacant 10-foot sliver of land.

Connor's complaint argues the initial fraudulent appraisal over-valued the property to permit the bank to loan the Rezkos the maximum possible to complete their side of the transaction.

Connor's complaint then argues Mutual Bank subsequently discounted the initial appraisal by as much 50 percent – arguing the 10-percent strip was unbuildable alone – to arrive at a price low enough for the Obamas to afford buying enough of the vacant lot to effectively prevent future development.

The doctor who owned the double-lot property wanted to sell the vacant lot and the house at the same time, even though the two properties were separately listed.

The list price for the home was $1.95 million, outside the reach of the Obama family, until Rezko came up with the idea that his wife would simultaneously purchase the vacant lot portion of the project.

The deal concluded with the Obamas buying the house for $1.65 million, at a discount of $300,000 from the initial asking price, while Rezko's wife closed on the vacant lot on the same day for the full asking price of $625,000, of which she borrowed the maximum allowable 80 percent from Mutual Bank.

Connor alleges his appraisal was removed from the Mutual Bank file and he was fired from the bank "'under pretextual reasons"' after complaining about what he considered the problems with the appraisals used by the Rezkos and the bank to complete the Obama property transaction.

The FBI, through a federal grand jury, subpoenaed the Connor file in October 2006, according to the Washington Times.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: December 10, 2008, 08:59:56 AM »

Obama's own Cabinet member: He's 'an immigrant'
Exclusive: Janet Porter reveals newest questions about Democrat

Don't believe Barack Obama's grandmother? Don't believe the ambassador to Kenya? How about Barack Obama's own Cabinet member?

That's right – former presidential candidate and Obama's choice for secretary of commerce, Gov. Bill Richardson, slipped up. In an effort to reach out to the Hispanic community, he admitted what Barack Obama has been trying to hide all these months: "Barack Obama is an immigrant."

You don't need a translator to understand what Richardson admitted: Barack Obama is NOT a natural born citizen. That means we have a guy who's planning to take over the White House who is in direct violation of the Constitution. And his own Cabinet member says so. That's pretty big news, one would think. But the media has refused to cover it with anything more than a blurb laced with a "this is ridiculous" tone. It is ridiculous – ridiculous that the Constitution means so little that we can't even ensure that it's being followed. It's ridiculous that the story of the century is being ignored by those whose job it is to report it.

But now there's something even more ridiculous: Not only will Fox not report the news regarding Obama's citizenship, now we can't even buy an ad on Fox to allow others to hear about the constitutional crisis we're facing.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: December 10, 2008, 09:34:21 PM »

REGARDLESS - I HAVE THIS FEELING THAT WE'RE ABOUT TO WATCH A HOUSE OF CARDS FALL OVER. At this point, I'll guess that any one of a dozen or more things could cause the house to tumble down. Some bad boys are already going down, and I don't think that all of them can be bought. I watched some body language from Obama today, and he's DIRTY on much more than just one thing. He doesn't have a skeleton in the closet - RATHER A BONE YARD! If one uses common sense and looks at the big picture, one could surmise a life of corruption, fraud, and power because of affiliations with people who were WORSE! It doesn't take much imagination to see some sociopathic behavior that is quite common with career criminals. This would simply be an opinion, but I don't think that the TRUTH can be hidden much longer. BLUNTLY, someone rose like a rocket from among a pack of criminals willing to do anything. WHY? - He's one of them and is also willing to do anything. FURTHER, he's already done it and "MADE HIS BONES." The revelation has just started, and it might be fun to watch.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: December 10, 2008, 10:00:15 PM »

No matter which way it goes down there is sure to be some repercussions. I don't think that we are going to like them though.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: December 10, 2008, 10:42:29 PM »

Brother,

I have no doubt that hard times are on the way. Bluntly, I think that hard times are on the way regardless of what our so-called government does or doesn't do. Massive corruption has already crippled the country, and the same folks who crippled it are the ones trying to fix it. The patient is in intensive care with corrupt stooges providing the care. Who knows? - Maybe Chicago is less corrupt than Washington, D.C. At this point, all paths appear to lead to CHAOS. Doesn't the same thing appear to be true for the entire world? If so, what might be getting closer?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: December 10, 2008, 10:49:26 PM »

Amen ... Lord come quickly!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: December 11, 2008, 09:38:40 AM »

Supremes turn down request to stop Electoral vote
But Friday, high court will consider another case in flood of eligibility challenges

The U.S. Supreme Court has turned aside a request to stop the Electoral College from selecting the 44th president, in a vote scheduled for Monday, until Barack Obama documents his eligibility for the office under the Constitution's requirement that presidents must be "natural born" citizens.

The action came in a case brought to the high court by Philip J. Berg, who alleges Obama is ineligible to be president.

Berg had asked the court for an injunction the stay the Electoral College votes and prohibit Vice President Dick Cheney, the House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate from counting any votes until that demanded proof arrives.

The injunction was sought while Berg awaits the court's determination on whether it will hear his writ of certiorari requesting review of a dismissal of his case in U.S. District Court in eastern Pennsylvania.

"I know that Mr. Obama is not a constitutionally qualified natural born citizen and is ineligible to assume the office of president of the United States," Berg said in a statement on his ObamaCrimes.com website.

"Obama knows he is not 'natural born' as he knows where he was born and he knows he was adopted in Indonesia; Obama is an attorney, Harvard Law grad who taught Constitutional law; Obama knows his candidacy is the largest 'hoax' attempted on the citizens of the United States in over 200 years; Obama places our Constitution in a 'crisis' situation; and Obama is in a situation where he can be blackmailed by leaders around the world who know Obama is not qualified," Berg's statement continued.

However, the high court, in a terse website entry, confirmed the application for the injunction was "denied by Justice [David] Souter."

The controversy, however, remains far from over. The latest ruling was sandwiched between Monday's decision not to review arguments against Obama's candidacy in the Donofrio v. Wells case from New Jersey and a conference that is scheduled by the justices this Friday on another case raising virtually the same concerns.

The case brought by Leo Donofrio alleged Obama does not meet the Constitution's Article 2, Section 1 "natural-born citizen" requirement for president because of his dual citizenship at birth, as does the new case, Cort Wrotnowski v. Susan Bysiewicz, Connecticut secretary of state.

The Wrotnowski case had been rejected by Justice Ruth Ginsburg Nov. 26, but then was resubmitted to Justice Antonin Scalia. There was no word of its fate for about 10 days, then the court's website confirmed it has been distributed for this Friday's conference, a meeting at which the justices consider whether to take cases.

More than a dozen cases have been brought into various courtrooms over Obama's eligibility, many of which have been dismissed summarily. However, others still remain in the pipeline that could lead to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Last month WND reported on the worries over a "constitutional crisis" that could be looming over the issue of Obama's citizenship. The concerns were raised in a lawsuit in California, with lead plaintiff former presidential candidate Alan Keyes, asking state officials to prevent Electoral College members from voting for Obama until they investigated his eligibility, a case being handled by the United States Justice Foundation.

WND senior reporter Jerome Corsi had gone to both Kenya and Hawaii prior to the election to investigate issues surrounding Obama's birth. But his research and discoveries only raised more questions.

The biggest question was why, if a Hawaii birth certificate exists as his campaign has stated, Obama hasn't simply ordered it made available to settle the rumors.

The governor's office in Hawaii said there is a valid certificate but rejected requests for access and left ambiguous its origin: Does the certificate on file with the Department of Health indicate a Hawaii birth or was it generated after the Obama family registered a Kenyan birth in Hawaii?

Obama's half-sister, Maya Soetoro, has named two different Hawaii hospitals where Obama could have been born. There have been other allegations that Obama actually was born in Kenya during a time when his father was a British subject. A one point a Kenyan ambassador said Obama's birthplace in Kenya already was being recognized.

The California case for which Keyes is a plaintiff states: "Should Senator Obama be discovered, after he takes office, to be ineligible for the office of president of the United States of America and, thereby, his election declared void, petitioners, as well as other Americans, will suffer irreparable harm in that (a) usurper will be sitting as the president of the United States, and none of the treaties, laws, or executive orders signed by him will be valid or legal."

On the American Thinker website, writer Randall Hoven took a shot those who don't want the question pursued.

Hoven cited a David Horowitz analysis that said, "What difference does it make to the future of this country whether Obama was born on U.S. soil?"

"When the U.S. Constitution is clear on a matter, we are not supposed to re-think 'what difference does it make to the future of this country.' If we do this re-thinking at every step, we would not need a Constitution; we would merely cogitate on how proposal X will affect our future. In short, no need for a Constitution," Hoven wrote.

He also cites a constitutional answer to the problem, quoting from the founding document; "If a president shall not have been chosen before the time fixed for the beginning of his term, or if the president elect shall have failed to qualify, then the vice president elect shall act as president until a president shall have qualified ...'"

"If we find that Obama is not natural born, then the Constitution says Joe Biden shall be president until the president thing gets sorted out. Everything about that is horrible. Unfortunately, it is exactly what the Constitution says we shall do. It does not 'suggest'; it says 'shall,'" he wrote.

He said the nation should be pursuing due process and due diligence.

"That, in my mind, is what we should be doing rather ignoring the entire matter because it is so unpleasant. We should also not be rope-a-doping the legal situation just to push the issue past January 20, 2009. Simply address the issue in a straightforward legal and constitutional manner."

GOP presidential candidate John McCain during the campaign responded when his eligibility was questioned, due to the fact he was born to two U.S. citizens outside the boundaries of the 50 states.

In a column in Tulsa Today, several other legal challenges to Obama were listed. Besides the Donofrio, Berg and Wrotnowski cases, they include:

* A lawsuit by Chicago attorney Andy Martin in Hawaii seeking release of Obama's vital statistics record.

* A case brought by the United States Justice Foundation in California on behalf of Alan Keyes, seeking to prevent California electors from voting for Obama until his eligibility is authenticated.

* A suit was filed in North Carolina by Lt. Col Donald Sullivan, alleging doubt about Obama's citizenship.

* In Ohio, David M. Neal sued to force the secretary of state to document Obama's birthplace.

* In Washington state, Steven Marquis sued seeking a determination on Obama's citizenship.

* In Georgia, Tom Terry asked the state Supreme Court to authenticate Obama's birth certificate.

More than 60,000 letters were generated by WND readers specifically asking the U.S. Supreme Court to review Obama's eligibility.

The campaign included 6,682 packages of nine letters each delivered to the court on the case about Obama's eligibility under the "a natural born citizen" requirement.

A petition drive also has collected more than 175,000 signatures – so far – from people who want to know the truth.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: December 12, 2008, 02:22:00 PM »

Federal Sources: Fitzgerald Held Off Blagojevich Bust to Protect Obama Election Chances; Did Obama Fail Ethics Requirements of Illinois Bar?

By Debbie Schlussel

A federal source of mine with ties to Chicago says that FBI agents had enough to prosecute corrupt, helmet-haired Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich back in June, when he was already engaged in some of the blackmail and extortion alleged by the FBI affidavit and other documents associated with his arrest and prosecution.

The source says that the FBI was suddenly ordered by the U.S. Attorney's Office--and I believe that order came from the top, ie., U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald and Justice Department officials in Washington--to hold off on doing anything until after the election, so as not to hurt Obama's White House bid. Here's what my inside source says.

I know for a fact FBI Chicago had enough to indict Blagojevich in June. They were 2 weeks from indictment in June based on cooperation and testimony at the Stu Levine trial. Levine was Tony Rezko's bud, fund raiser for Blago, and our President-Elect.

I wonder what took them so long? My guess is when it started to look like a lock for Obama's nomination by the Dems, someone at the U.S. Attorney's Office put it all on hold, so as not to spoil "The Annointed One's" shot.

Don't forget how Fitzgerald treated Lewis "Scooter" Libby in going after him (the guy who wasn't even the source of the leak, and the liberal source of the leak, Richard Armitage wasn't even scratched). Compare that with this kid gloves treatment of Obamessiah.

Frankly, it's obvious that Obama knew of the "sale" of the Senate seat. He acknowledged he knew of the "sale," and "we turned it down." And I believe he knew far more than he's letting on.

But as an attorney and officer of the court, he had a duty to report it to authorities or be vulnerable to an attack on his law license with the Illinois State Bar, of which he's a member.

And it appears, he did not report this to authorities. So, who will be the first to file a grievance against attorney Barack Obama with the appropriate Illinois authorities? Remember, there's precedent for something like this. There was that certain Democrat President who lost his law license over lying under oath. 'Memba him?

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1016 on: December 13, 2008, 01:56:54 AM »

There was that certain Democrat President who lost his law license over lying under oath. 'Memba him?

For those who don't know................

Bill Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives on December 19, 1998, and acquitted by the Senate on February 12, 1999. The charges, perjury, obstruction of justice and abuse of power arose from the Monica Lewinsky scandal and the Paula Jones law suit.

Clinton publicly stated, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky." In his Paula Jones deposition, he swore, "I have never had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky. I've never had an affair with her." Both statements by former President Clinton, were proven to be lies.

In April 1999, about two months after being acquitted by the Senate, Clinton was cited by Federal District Judge Susan Webber Wright for civil contempt of court for his "willful failure" to obey her repeated orders to testify truthfully in the Paula Jones sexual harassment lawsuit. For this citation, Clinton was assessed a $90,000 fine, and the matter was referred to the Arkansas Supreme Court to see if disciplinary action would be appropriate.

On the day before leaving office, Clinton agreed to a five-year suspension of his Arkansas law license as part of an agreement with the independent counsel to end the investigation. Based on this suspension, Clinton was automatically suspended from the United States Supreme Court bar, from which he then chose to resign.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: December 14, 2008, 11:40:19 AM »

'Prophet' predicts disaster
before Obama takes office
'I really believe we are out of time. I really do ...
Maybe we can get some more people to repent'

In Utah, the Parowan Prophet predicts disaster will prevent Obama from taking office

'He will not be the next president,' Leland Freeborn warns those who will listen. He and his followers expect nuclear explosions this Christmas season.

Reporting from Parowan, Utah -- Our trip to the Parowan Prophet began with a letter to the St. George Spectrum. It was set among missives proposing that oil companies bail out Detroit automakers, that county inmates be forced to winter in tents, that lawyers be barred from public office. A rough crowd.

This particular letter to the editor in the St. George, Utah, newspaper carried the headline " 'Prophet' shares grim forecast," and it was signed by one Leland Freeborn of Parowan, who wrote that he was known to many as the Parowan Prophet.

After establishing his bona fides as an international talk radio guest and proprietor of a survivalist website that has "passed more than 100,000 hits," Freeborn wrote:

"I think that you should hear what my opinion about the Obama election is: that he will not be the next president. I said on my home page in August that if he lost to expect to see the 'riots' that 2 Peter 2:13 tells us about. He didn't lose. But the story is not finished yet. I still think they may begin the riots before Christmas 2008, as I said."

These riots, according to his prophecy, will encourage the "old, hard-line Soviet guard" to seize the moment and rain down nukes on the United States, killing at least 100 million of us.

"Prepare now," Freeborn's letter concluded. "We are downwind from Las Vegas. I hope you can survive."

It took an hour to reach the prophet, a high-country drive through stunning red-rock formations, the color of which matches the politics in this corner of southern Utah. A freeway billboard, depicting a nuclear mushroom cloud, provided directions to the prophet's two-story house.

The frontyard seemed a staging ground for rapid flight -- two or three motor boats, a raft, a canoe, a recreational vehicle and an old sedan, parked with its engine running.

The man who answered our unexpected knock wore a cowboy hat with a big feather stuck in the band, and a beard suggestive of St. Nick. We asked to see the prophet. He said we had the right guy.

Freeborn hobbled out the door on crutches and eased into a wheelchair on the porch. As it turned out, he was heating the car not for rapid escape from a nuclear cloud, but to take a neighbor to the doctor.

"I only have nine minutes," he said.

It was enough time to sketch out his history -- a Mormon of substance, a father of 12, he had crashed his airplane in 1975 and fallen into a three-week coma, during which he went through "to the other side" and emerged a prophet.

Freeborn, now 66, took "a plural wife," as he put it, and parted ways with the church. He forfeited his wealth, spreading word of his prophecies. He appears to live now mainly on sales of newsletters and survival information packets advertised on his website.

Asked for examples of successful prophecies, he offered O.J. Simpson's murder acquittal and Al Gore's winning of the popular vote in 2000. But his core insight has been a repeated dream of seeing nuclear flashes to the west while shopping at a Wal-Mart during Christmas season.

And this, he warned, appears to be the year.

As Freeborn rose to leave, he said he would be hosting a weekly religious meeting that night. He urged us to come.

"If you can write a story," Freeborn said, "you can save a lot of lives in L.A."

There were about a dozen believers in the two front rooms, men and women of all ages, squeezed together on couches and dining room chairs.

All of them had broken with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints over polygamy and other departures from what they believe was the original vision of the church founder Joseph Smith. And all said they regarded Freeborn a prophet.

The cluttered room was filled with Bibles and religious tracts, government maps depicting potential nuclear targets, and framed photographs of mushroom clouds.

For 90 minutes -- while two boys played on the carpet with a calculator and a marked-up Book of Mormon -- the adults read aloud selected biblical verses, passages from Smith's biography and text pulled from an unidentified website.

After each reading, they discussed how these fragments all pointed to a singular end: nuclear destruction brought on by the Lord's wrath.

Freeborn sprawled in a stuffed chair, directing the discussion and sometimes correcting his acolytes. It was a congenial group, but not much given to small talk. As the night wound down, Freeborn returned to his core prophecy.

"I really believe we are out of time," he said. "I really do."

Freeborn conceded that he'd issued similar warnings many times before, and still the world kept spinning. Prophecy, he said, is not an exact science.

"I've been at it for 30 years, and I have always really believed it," he said. "Now, if we go on, that's great. Maybe we can get some more people to repent."

He seemed weary, referring to himself as a "gimpy old crippled guy from Parowan." He described going on radio and, mocked by the host, receiving not a single request from the audience for survival information. He said he has been shunned in town, his property vandalized. He recited from memory a scriptural passage about "scoffers."

The prophet's eyes reddened, and I could sense his frustration as he sized us up as two more likely nonsubscribers. As he dropped his head in contemplation, it occurred to me: How terrible it must be to believe what this man truly appears to believe, and yet have so few willing to listen.

Perhaps for our benefit, the group volunteered some secular support for Freeborn's prophecy. Perhaps economic meltdown would trigger the riots. Maybe there would be an uprising over an automaker bailout.

"One thought you might have," came a voice from somewhere behind me, "is that we don't have any leadership now until January. See what I am saying? We are in limbo. If they do something tomorrow, who is going to decide?"

The night's last word belonged to the prophet.

"Everything is coming together," Freeborn said, "and it fits right now."

He presented us with brown medicine bottles filled with iodide crystals -- to ward off the effects of radiation.

"I don't think you are going to finish your trip back East," the Parowan Prophet said, urging us to reconsider our journey to the inauguration.

Nonetheless, with our little brown bottles of iodide, we will press on. The rest of you are warned.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: December 14, 2008, 12:03:12 PM »

"I really believe we are out of time," he said. "I really do."

At least he has this part correct.

Leland Freeborn has already been proved to be a false prophet. He has predicted many things that has not come true. One of them was that in 2003 he said that Saddam Hussein had an underground germ warfare complex that the U.S. would destroy with a nuclear bomb killing thousands. He laso predicted that the U.S. would lose tens of thousands in the first six weeks of a war against Saddam's Iraq and that Gordon B. Hinckley president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints would die before Saddam Hussein when Russia strikes the U.S. with nuclear weapons.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1019 on: December 14, 2008, 07:20:22 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmm, I wonder if Leland Freeborn is planning this disaster?? Wink

Seriously though, Leland has already been proven to be a false prophet. I don't understand why people would follow Leland.

These riots, according to his prophecy, will encourage the "old, hard-line Soviet guard" to seize the moment and rain down nukes on the United States, killing at least 100 million of us.

Now that is a possibility............ Hmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder if the Rapture is right before this happens. Course it is possible for this attack to happen on Israel at the same time (Ezekiel 38 & 39). Right at the moment I believe the United States is enough of a shield to protect Israel and make Russia fear us, till such an attack happens, it it ever does happen.

He said he has been shunned in town, his property vandalized. He recited from memory a scriptural passage about "scoffers."

Well he should be happy, he is not living in the Old Testament times. Being a false prophet, he would have been stoned to death .

Deuteronomy 13:1-5 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, 2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them; 3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him. 5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the