Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:33:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Animals and Pets (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Cat and Dog poll
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Which do you prefer, cats or dogs?
cats
dogs
I like them both
I Don't like pets

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cat and Dog poll  (Read 32284 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 05:05:26 PM »

Hello Brother Joey,

Posting a picture of your dog is just fine. I have some pictures of my dog and some who have passed away, but I don't have them on a hot link so I can post them. I've had dogs all of my life, and all of them have been good dogs. Many of our dogs have lived to over 15, and that's pretty old for a dog. We treat them really good, and I think that's one of the main reasons why they live so long. We did lose one beautiful Australian Shepherd at 5 with congestive heart failure.

By the way, your dog is beautiful. YES, it's a medical fact that pets are good for us, and I've always thought that was particularly true for dogs. I think it has quite a bit to do with unconditional love. My little dog I have now has a white face, and he's a big baby. He cries every time we go anywhere even for a few minutes. We get home and he acts like we've been gone for days. He even makes a noise like singing from time to time when I pet him, and I do spoil him rotten.   Wink   I don't get out much because of disability, and he's been a great little companion for me when my wife is gone. NO - I'm not comparing him to my wife.   Grin

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2009, 11:49:57 AM »

I like dogs best. Most of my life I have had pets, birds and turtles, and a few cats, but dogs are better companions. I love walking in the woods and enjoy the company of a big dog. Safety is often an issue anymore and usually people don't miss with you if you have a big dog at your side. But I enjoy the fact that if trained well, they listen well and are fun to be around. Sometimes they appear to listen and grief with us, know what we need, or enjoy the view. My dogs and I explored the woods in winter and summer. Trained not to harm animals we both gazed with wonder at deer and baby fawns, groundhogs, and turkeys and even fish in the streams.
The few cats I had were outside cats we had on the farm. Watched them grow up, laughed at the silly things they did as kittens, and spent winter evenings helping my favorite cat raid the hen house in search of mice. But cats do what they want when they feel like it all the time. Dogs enjoy being with people and listen and respond better than cats.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2009, 12:14:51 PM »

Hello islandboy.

For the most part that is very true. Every once in a while though I've found a cat that behaves more like a dog. I've had two that would respond to only their name. None of that kitty-kitty stuff for them. They would greet me at the door just like a dog would. When I worked on my truck they would be there watching me. If I worked in the garden one of them would climb on my shoulder and watch. The other would even try to help me pull weeds yet even left the plants I wanted alone.

We currently have two dogs and a cat. The one dog we have had for a little over 6 yrs now. He turns the touch lamp off at night for me and if I drop something on the floor will get it for me. We adopted the other dog when my brother passed on. She is 3 yrs old. It took us awhile to get her over the grieving process of missing my brother but she has become a really great companion, too. The cat was just recently dropped off on us. She is just a baby but already very well behaved in just a few weeks. She has been adopted by our female dog which has never had babies of her own. That seemed to help her a lot to get over my brother's absence.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2009, 07:23:21 PM »

We were without dogs for awhile after our last elderly dog had to be put to sleep from cancer. He was 18 and we lost his buddy that same year at 17.

We did some research about breeds and thought it would be some time before we would get another dog. But, things worked together just right, and we found both breeds we were interested in at the same place - same day. We wanted healthy, non-shedding, non-allergenic, loving, companion type dogs that live a long time and are great with small children. "Guard and Protection" weren't on the list of concerns. So, our first two choices were Bichon Frise and Shih Tzu. I think that I spelled those breeds right. Both of them are small lap-type dogs. The Bichon looks like a white toy poodle, and the Shih Tzu looks like a small Ewok on Star Wars.   Grin

The above is a fairly recent picture of Hank the Ewok and Lucy the Bichon. They filled a void, and we love them. Hank is now 5 months old and Lucy is 4 months old. They've been considerable work as puppies - but worth every minute. They've also been a ton of fun. They follow us around and want to be with us doing everything. I would say that the breed information was correct that they are wonderful companion dogs. They give us a lot more than we give them.

Joey

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2009, 01:22:27 AM »

Aww what lovely dogs brother. I am sure they will bring you such joy, as dogs do.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2009, 02:17:01 AM »

Aww what lovely dogs brother. I am sure they will bring you such joy, as dogs do.

Hello Brother Joey,

It's nice to hear from you. These little guys have already brought us a lot of joy. Their job is to cuddle, play, and be petted - and they are doing their jobs.   Wink

My last little dog who died sat almost touching me hours every day while I worked on the computer. Those who have lost a little dog who was an old friend will understand. We lost two old friends who were faithful little companions for almost 1/3 of our lives. Some who don't understand would say that my wife and I were silly, but I'll just say that we loved them.

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2009, 03:31:45 PM »

Those puppies in the picture are so cute.
I too know the loss of a good dog that spent 10 years by my side. I found him as a abandoned puppy along side the road. He was so ill the vet told me he was not expected to live. However, the vet never told him. I fed him mighty dog food and gave him  lots of love, and so he managed to grow into a big dog, although the vet said he would be beagle sized. So it was a real blessing to me when he managed to live for ten years. He passed away in his sleep. It was one of the hardest times in my life dealing with the grief of losing him.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2009, 04:09:28 PM »

Hello Islandboy,

They say that dogs are good for your health, and I believe it. It is pretty heart-breaking when they pass away, but you at least know they had a good home and someone who loved them. Our puppies are already well-established members of the family. I'm positive that they already love us and we love them. The longest my wife and I have been without a dog in over 50 years is about 2 months. The loss of our last little dog after 18 years was really hard, but we have many special memories. You sound like a person who understands making a dog part of the family. We treat our dogs extremely well. We didn't think we would be able to handle another one for awhile, but it turns out that it was good for us to get a couple of puppies. It was good for them also since they got out of those cages and had two humans to train.   Grin

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2016, 10:14:02 PM »

I Love Cats and I belong too Catster for cats! I have a Turkish Angora Male Cat that is very long and almost all white with light blue eyes. Meow Prrrrrrr Cheesy

My cat Snowy Died in 7/3/2012 of Kidney Failure!! I have another cat named Patches, she is black and white!!

Love Always and Shalom Everyone, YSIC, \o/

Kristi Ann

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 01:15:31 AM »

My cat Snowy Died in 7/3/2012 of Kidney Failure!! I have another cat named Patches, she is black and white!!

Love Always and Shalom Everyone, YSIC, \o/

Kristi Ann

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I hope that you love Patches just as much. It's nice to hear from you, and I hope that things are going well for you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Kristi Ann
Gold Member

John 9:1-5 KJV

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2016, 08:22:30 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I hope that you love Patches just as much. It's nice to hear from you, and I hope that things are going well for you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks so much Tom!!

I am doing Great thanks so much for asking!!  I Do love my newer 5 year old Female Cat named Patches, she as only one years old when she came to my house, before Snowy Died!!

Love Always and Shalom ( Peace ) YSIC \o/

Kristi

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2016, 10:06:09 PM »

Well since I last answered this poll 9 years ago our animal family has grown. I'm down to 2 calico cats Hoppitty (22 years old) and Talker (12 years old), unfortunately Patches (19 years old) died 2 years ago and Merow (19 years old) died 3 years ago. New to the family is Shade (14 years old) and Airborne 3 years old). Along with Lucky (12 years old) there is Roxy (6 years old) and Scrappers ((5 years old).

I am still a cat person but I love almost any animal.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2016, 02:50:42 AM »

Both of our very old dogs died about 7 years ago with cancer.

We got two puppies just months later, and we're all happy together. They're both little lap dogs that are quite laid back and relaxed. I do believe that having pets is good for your health. They give unconditional love, and that's calming.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2016, 09:01:30 AM »

Both of our very old dogs died about 7 years ago with cancer.

We got two puppies just months later, and we're all happy together. They're both little lap dogs that are quite laid back and relaxed. I do believe that having pets is good for your health. They give unconditional love, and that's calming.

Sorry to hearr about your 2 old dogs, I'm not looking to the time when I lose Hoppitty. I saw the picture above of your pups, and they look happy. Yes I also believe pets are good for your health and return the love given. Roxy who has claimed me as her master gets along great with the cats (the girls or the kids) and watches over the girls.

To me pets are a gift from the Lord.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2018, 10:55:21 PM »

And it has happened,  Cry  Hoppitty died sleeping between my legs. I finally found the spay paper and she was 28 years old. I am still trying to get over the loss of Pop-Pop, both my kids cried when they found out she died and I'm still trying to deal with her gone.  Cry  Cry

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the