Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:40:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Understanding Ezekiel 38-39
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Understanding Ezekiel 38-39  (Read 1535 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 02:41:11 AM »

Hello Grammyluv,

e-Sword does become addicting for people who love to do Bible Studies. It actually makes a large library available and interactive with the user on one page. It's also fairly easy to learn how to use. One can easily switch back and forth from the Bible, commentaries, dictionaries, ancient language helps, maps, personal notes, topic files, study notes, and a built-in editor to make more notes. It's also great to prepare sermons, lessons, or easy references to Studies you have completed. There are literally thousands of great resources available for e-Sword. If you want or need something special for e-Sword, just holler.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 452 - Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love
toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

I actually use my study Bible the most.  I have it opened up on the coffee table and do my bible studies there.  Then I have the Way in another room that is handy so whenever I sit down for a minute I pick up one or the other and just start reading.  However I pulled up eSword last night at the mention of maps and I couldn't find them on there???  Where do I go on there for em'?

I downloaded it but what kind of things do you have.  Are there additions to it, you mean?

Let us fight the good fight!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 02:46:28 AM »

I actually use my study Bible the most.  I have it opened up on the coffee table and do my bible studies there.  Then I have the Way in another room that is handy so whenever I sit down for a minute I pick up one or the other and just start reading.  However I pulled up eSword last night at the mention of maps and I couldn't find them on there???  Where do I go on there for em'?

I downloaded it but what kind of things do you have.  Are there additions to it, you mean?

Hello Grammyluv,

YES - there are thousands of great and FREE add-ons for e-Sword.

The first stop should be the Author's Site:

http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html
Rick Meyers Site - The Author of e-Sword

Just click the area tab for what you want to download. Just this one site has a huge selection of FREE add-ons that are excellent. It will take considerable time just to read the catalog of what's available from the main site for download.

Another of my favorite sites is by a missionary with a huge e-Sword library:

http://www.davidcox.com.mx/e-swordmodules/topicsA.htm
David Cox

Both have links to other good sites with FREE add-ons, but here's one more that I like a lot:

http://www.craigwhite.net/craignew/e-Sword-library.asp
Craig White

Sister, my e-Sword directories take up several gigs on my computer. I've been collecting files for e-Sword for years, and I've made many of my own for my own use. I'll just estimate that I have close to 10 outstanding and FREE map packages for e-Sword. Maps open from the top of the menu with a separate graphics icon. You should see the graphics icon command probably second from the right at the top of your e-Sword menu. Another potentially huge area is "Step Files". Step Files are also opened with a separate graphics icon at the top of your e-Sword menu - probably the one on the far right.

Sister, the beginning download should have examples for all areas, including some map files, step files, topic files, commentaries, and dictionaries. What you get in that first relatively small download of about 18 meg only represents a tiny sample of what's available FREE for e-Sword. If you want to look at more, just holler. As examples, I have links devoted to single areas (i.e. ancient languages). The main point is that one can download what they want and make e-Sword one of the best and most complete Bible Study packages in existence, and you don't have to spend a penny doing it.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Famous Christian Quotes 40 - "Non-Christians seem to think that the
Incarnation implies some particular merit or excellence in humanity.
But of course it implies just the reverse: a particular demerit and
depravity. No creature that deserved Redemption would need to be
redeemed. They that are whole need not the physician. Christ died for
men precisely because men are not worth dying for; to make them worth
it." -- C. S. Lewis

« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 08:37:51 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the