Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:59:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Very interesting dream.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Very interesting dream.  (Read 6888 times)
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 14, 2007, 01:48:54 AM »

About I week ago I had a dream about this lady that has become my friend and I have been helping.  She has gone through so very much in her life and I have gone through alot of the same things.

Well anyway my dream was this:

I had a dream that I was to view her in high regard.  She is 50 I am 22 and I am to see her not only as a sister in Christ but also as a mother.  Her feet were swollen and in a good portion of my dream I was looking for a way to wash her feet.  In the end I took her swollen even cracked feet and washed them.

I feel that I am not only supposed to encourage and tell her further about God's love but also to serve.  I have had things in the past that happened that were more then just coincidences. 

Please tell me your thoughts.

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 10:29:42 AM »

I don't know whether this is God speaking to you through a dream or it is your own heart telling you what you already know that you should do. After all God does guide our hearts also. We all know that God can and has used dreams to tell us things. We also know that during sleep periods that our minds mull over things that are troubling us sometimes to the point that we shouldn't when it is something that we should have handed over to Him instead. I'm talking about things that we needlessly worry about here.

Sometimes though those things in our dreams are because of something that we already know we should have done or should do but for some reason didn't or are hesitant to do. Either way could be true. Sister, give it to God in prayer and then let Him lead you as He will. He will give you those things that you should say and do as the time is right.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 02:20:52 PM »

Sometimes dreams are just dreams, nothing more. I never had a dream where I thought it had real meaning

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 08:51:01 PM »

I have to agree with Pastor Roger. Give it to God in prayer and then let Him lead you.

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 08:38:12 AM »

I do not know if in this dream God was speaking to me are not.  In the past, (and I still struggle with this) is trusting in God.  I do think that I am supposed to be there to help and encourage.  By doing this my attitude is greatly changing.  I am becoming my understanding, open and honest with people.  I stop more to listen to problems and just offer advice.  I used to eternalize their problems and make them my own and I am learning not to do that.

I feel that we should help one another and help bear burdens but that doesn't mean that we take someone elses problems and put them on us.  We should offer advice, be there to talk to and then the person should arrive to a conclusion on how they are going to change a situation.  You can not change a person, only greatly influence them.  Whether or not they choose to take that advice is up to them.  It is not your fault if they do not listen.

Have I been a great friend in the past.  Undecided No.  Am I learning? Yes.  Smiley 

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 08:54:17 AM »

You make a great point. We are all in the position of learning and will continue to be at as long as we are here on earth. Trusting in God is a large portion of that learning process. We learn more readily when we put our trust in Him.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 12:26:42 PM »

Exactly. When I was overwhelmed I was looking for a way out.  A part of me wanted to help and the other part hated being there.  I was at a point that I really thought that I needed some kind of medication.  Then I remember God would never give me to much to handle without a way out.  Sometimes that way is not neccessarly giving up and running the other direction, but simply trusting in God, asking for strength, wisdom and answers and believeing that he will change things!  Am I still completely healed from the things that bug me, no, but I trust that if I keep on allowed God to change me and try to listen intently, things will change.  My personality and attitude and self esteem has already greatly changed for the better and hey, I thought that my job was to soley help this person out!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 01:16:23 PM »

God does have ways that may be a mystery to us. Sometimes in helping others we unknowingly end up being helped.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the