Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:45:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Image is Everything
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Image is Everything  (Read 1709 times)
write2witness

Be real.

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2003, 04:33:56 PM »

Below is a letter I just read in this mornings paper to Dear Abby. I was so amazed by this woman's ignorance and audacity that I had to post this here.

-------------------
DEAR ABBY: Please answer this quickly. There is no one else I can talk to. I am a devout Christian woman, prominent in my church and have an impeccable reputation. My late husband’s family treats me with respect and generosity. I was unhappy when “Henry” and I were married and I wanted to divorce him, but the man I was having an affair with at the time would not leave his wife for me. In spite of being devastated, I was also blessed because Henry died a short time later. I have been free now for 10 years. I love my freedom and the relationship I have with Henry’s family. But recently I have begun to wonder if I should confide in my brother-in-law, “Rick” (who is getting a divorce), that I was unhappy enough with his brother to have had affairs much of the time we were married. It might make Rick feel better about his own “mess” and possibly bring him closer to me. Should I open my heart to him? He thinks of me as a sister. -- UNSURE IN CHARLESTON, S.C.
-------------------

This is an excellent example of why people can't stand Christians. This woman starts off by doing the one thing that should be a BIG clue to anyone about her true motives: she openly boasts about herself as a Christian - "I am a devout Christian woman, prominent in my church and have an impeccable reputation."

Anytime you hear someone start off a sentence with a boasting speech about their great "Chrsitian credentials" you can rest assured they definitely have some deeper issues, which, of course, this woman certainly does. For right after her declaration of being a "devout Christian" she goes on to write about cheating on her husband and then being "blessed" because he died (as if God took him out of the picture so she could continue her cheating lifestyle).

Let this letter be an example to all out there. God doesn't want pretend or part-time believers - He's looking for the real deal. It's all about image with God - how we walk, talk, present ourselves to the rest of the world. How can we "walk as a light among men" when we behave just like everyone else?
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2003, 05:09:13 PM »

You're right; we really do need to be careful. And this is a great reminder of that.

In looking at this particular letter, I tend to think it probably wasn't written by a Christian. There are some people out there who hate Christ and His followers, so they say they are Christians and then say and do things to make it appear that Christians are hypocrites-and they do it on purpose. Like all the email scams saying that James Dobson is pleading for our help to keep Touched by an Angel on the air...just to see Christians jump and make us look bad. But either way, this is a great reminder to keep our walks clean.

By their fruits you shall know them...

Blessings,
Whitehorse

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2003, 05:53:57 AM »

Below is a letter I just read in this mornings paper to Dear Abby. I was so amazed by this woman's ignorance and audacity that I had to post this here.

-------------------
DEAR ABBY: Please answer this quickly. There is no one else I can talk to. I am a devout Christian woman, prominent in my church and have an impeccable reputation. My late husband’s family treats me with respect and generosity. I was unhappy when “Henry” and I were married and I wanted to divorce him, but the man I was having an affair with at the time would not leave his wife for me. In spite of being devastated, I was also blessed because Henry died a short time later. I have been free now for 10 years. I love my freedom and the relationship I have with Henry’s family. But recently I have begun to wonder if I should confide in my brother-in-law, “Rick” (who is getting a divorce), that I was unhappy enough with his brother to have had affairs much of the time we were married. It might make Rick feel better about his own “mess” and possibly bring him closer to me. Should I open my heart to him? He thinks of me as a sister. -- UNSURE IN CHARLESTON, S.C.
-------------------

This is an excellent example of why people can't stand Christians. This woman starts off by doing the one thing that should be a BIG clue to anyone about her true motives: she openly boasts about herself as a Christian - "I am a devout Christian woman, prominent in my church and have an impeccable reputation."

Anytime you hear someone start off a sentence with a boasting speech about their great "Chrsitian credentials" you can rest assured they definitely have some deeper issues, which, of course, this woman certainly does. For right after her declaration of being a "devout Christian" she goes on to write about cheating on her husband and then being "blessed" because he died (as if God took him out of the picture so she could continue her cheating lifestyle).

Let this letter be an example to all out there. God doesn't want pretend or part-time believers - He's looking for the real deal. It's all about image with God - how we walk, talk, present ourselves to the rest of the world. How can we "walk as a light among men" when we behave just like everyone else?

Right On!

I think of T.V. (preachers) like Jimmy Swaggert, Robert Tilton, Richard Roberts and others.

Good Post.

And welcome aboard.

Grace & Peace

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
a.b.

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 04:18:39 PM »

Richard Roberts cheated on his wife?  I didn't know that... I know people who love him and think he is annointed by God.  So please tell me this happened a long time ago and he has repented and gotten back on track...
I Brake for Jesus

My God Can Beat Your God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 05:07:59 PM »

That is disgusting!
I'd like to know what the response was!

"Because he loves me," says the LORD , "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
Psalm 91:14-15
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 07:21:41 PM »

Very sad.

Pray for the writer of the letter who seems to be in great delusion about her life in relationship with Jesus Christ.

There are many in that boat.

Support your local Christian.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the