Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:41:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Update on my Grandpa
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Update on my Grandpa  (Read 3547 times)
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2007, 06:29:36 AM »

I actually got this yesterday morning

Hi Kidz
Just wanting to keep everyone informed about Grandpa.
What a privilege to spend time with grandpa in his last days. He is now on a regime of demoral to manage the pain. He was not dialyzing very well at all and is full of toxins. This is painful. I made the decision to stop dialysis yesterday. Wendy and I are going there this morning and hope to connect with Dr. Vitou (dialysis doctor) to get her assessment of this decision.  Grandpa is in palliative care. Dad will be arriving later today from the Philippians. I’m looking forward to that. J Uncle Loris & Aunt Marilyn are also flying in later today.

I’m reminded of David’s favourite verse:
Rev. 21:4
He will remove all of their sorrows, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain.  For the old world and its evils are gone forever.

Love you all
MOM

It doesn't sound good. Please pray for him and my family.
Like the verse says, he will have no more pain when he goes to our Lord

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 06:50:54 AM »

Good Morning Brother David!

Times like these are very hard for families and your family is in my prayers.

Rev. 21:4 is a beautiful Scripture and is also one of my favorites. As Christians, I think we should all think about the beautiful Promises of GOD on a frequent basis. I especially love knowing that our HOPE and HOME is not in this world or this short life. Many Christians long to go home, and I'm one of them. Today would be wonderful.

Brother David, please just know that you and your family are in our prayers.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 5:5-8 NASB
Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge. Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord -- for we walk by faith, not by sight -- we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.

1 Corinthians 15:50-58 NASB
Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory. "O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O  DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 08:28:56 AM »

Thank you brother

I just got another update. Grandpa is now with our Lord

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Eva

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 08:35:01 AM »

I have been praying for you and your family for a while and will continue to do so.  May the peace that passes all understanding be with you all.

Love in Christ, Eva

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 08:51:29 AM »

Thank you brother

I just got another update. Grandpa is now with our Lord

Brother David, you and your family will stay in our prayers. I give thanks that the LORD is with us every step of the way, even in this short life. The beautiful portion of Scripture below has given me peace and comfort many times. I hope that it does the same for you during this difficult time.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 23:1-6 NASB
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 09:12:04 AM »

Brother David, my heart and my prayers are with you and your family in this. Praise God that he is no longer in pain and is at home.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 12:29:02 PM »

David my brother, my prayers are with you and your family.

TigerLily
Gold Member

Laugh often,long & loud.Laugh until you feel it!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 06:28:24 PM »

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers my brother..
God Bless..
My cousin went to be with the Lord just one year ago and at his funeral, we played that son by Vince Gil..  "Go Rest High"   Its an awesome song  and I find it comforting, Your Grandpa is now resting High On that Mountain with family and friends that have all gone on before us and most comforting of all.. He is there with Our Saviour!! Such an awesome thought and comforting in our time of sorrow.

I pray God surrounds you and your family in His arms of Love, strength  and Courage!
Hugs..
Tigerlily
(Here are the words to that song..)

I know your life
On earth was troubled
And only you could know the pain
You werent afraid to face the devil
You were no stranger to the rain

Chorus:
Go rest high on that mountain
Son, you work on earth is done
Go to heaven a shoutin
Love for the father and son

Oh, how we cried the day you left us
We gathered round your grave to grieve
I wish I could see the angels faces
When they hear your sweet voice sing

Chorus:
Go rest high on that mountain
Son, you work on earth is done
Go to heaven a shoutin
Love for the father and son

Remember that tho the storms of life may rage & stir things up, cause chaos and at times many hurts, etc...In the end, It can unearth the most beautiful of treasure! Keep Holding on to Jesus thru the storm & He will indeed show you the beauty of life after its all settled & peaceful, Its His Plan!
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 07:53:12 PM »

thank you everyone for your words. God bless you brothers and sisters  Smiley Kiss

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the