Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:41:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Bible Triva
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bible Triva  (Read 139242 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2007, 02:20:47 PM »

Thanks!!! I just love digging into God's Word to find the answers and am awaiting the next question. 

Everyone hear seems so knowledgeable about the Bible.  I feel like I really need to get with the program.

Love in Christ, Eva
Sister no one knows all of God's Word, unlike a few people claim. We are all learning everyday, and yes it is a joy to learn. As an example, Pastor Roger knows more then I do.

Eva

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2007, 02:26:31 PM »

Sister no one knows all of God's Word, unlike a few people claim. We are all learning everyday, and yes it is a joy to learn. As an example, Pastor Roger knows more then I do.

I have seen his postings too. You both are quite knowledgeable. It's a real joy to have a REAL Christian site that keeps the focus on our Lord and Savior.  I have learned new things and have been reminded of some old things.

Thanks to you all!!!
Love in Christ, Eva

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2007, 06:17:43 PM »

Right again Sister Eva!  Col 4:16 and it was Laodiceans!
I wouldn't worry about getting with the program or not knowing as much, you seem to be quite knowledgeable yourself and you sure are quick with these answers and have been correct each time!
I'll tell you a little secret and I hope it doesn't take the fun out of it for you, but I have a HUGE book of Bible Trivia where I get these from.  Some of them I do know the answers and some I don't.  So you see I might have the "inside track" as it were, but I'm learning right along with you!  Makes it fun for me too!

Next question coming up!  I hope you all know that you can play now!  I took the restriction off of the moderators a 2 or 3 questions ago!

Let us fight the good fight!
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2007, 06:23:00 PM »

9.  What king received a letter from Elijah predicting judgment on his sinful reign?
(2 Kings, 2 Chronicles, 2 Corinthians)

Eva

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2007, 06:24:08 PM »

Lots of reading and rereading until I get it.  Sort of like when I'm working on one of my Bible Studies.

I love this trivia game though.  It's lots of fun!!!

Love in Christ, Eva

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2007, 06:29:40 PM »

Next question coming up!  I hope you all know that you can play now!  I took the restriction off of the moderators a 2 or 3 questions ago!

The Complete Book of Bible Trivia
by J. Stephen Lang
494 pages

This question is on page 287............ Tongue

I use it for my newsletter each month. Grin Grin Grin

Thats one of the reasons I am staying out of this one, for a change.

Eva

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2007, 06:50:24 PM »

9.  What king received a letter from Elijah predicting judgment on his sinful reign?

AHAB:

1Ki 21:20  And Ahab said to Elijah, Hast thou found me, O mine enemy? And he answered, I have found thee: because thou hast sold thyself to work evil in the sight of the LORD.
1Ki 21:21  Behold, I will bring evil upon thee, and will take away thy posterity, and will cut off from Ahab him that gotcha8eth against the wall, and him that is shut up and left in Israel,

I love this, Thank you, but on the next one i will try to show restraint and let someone else answer LOL

Love in Christ, Eva

Eva

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2007, 06:53:45 PM »

by J. Stephen Lang
494 pages

No fair now, I don't have the book LOL.

Love in Christ, Eva

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2007, 06:58:12 PM »

No fair now, I don't have the book LOL.

Love in Christ, Eva

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2007, 07:14:36 PM »

I don't have the book either but I do have e-Sword. A free Bible software package that lets you do a word search. It is just one of the many great functions that it has. It does help a lot.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2007, 08:32:02 PM »

by J. Stephen Lang
494 pages

ewwww!  A wise guy eh?  Why I oughta....

Actually this question is on page 281!
And sorry Sister Eva you got this one wrong.  Huh

I'll give you a hint though....2 Chronicles.  Grin

Eva

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2007, 07:57:23 AM »

Let's try Jehoram

2Chron. 21:9  Then Jehoram went forth with his princes, and all his chariots with him: and he rose up by night, and smote the Edomites which compassed him in, and the captains of the chariots.

2Chron. 21:10  So the Edomites revolted from under the hand of Judah unto this day. The same time also did Libnah revolt from under his hand; because he had forsaken the LORD God of his fathers.

2Chron. 21:11  Moreover he made high places in the mountains of Judah, and caused the inhabitants of Jerusalem to commit fornication, and compelled Judah thereto.

2Chron. 21:12  And there came a writing to him from Elijah the prophet, saying, Thus saith the LORD God of David thy father, Because thou hast not walked in the ways of Jehoshaphat thy father, nor in the ways of Asa king of Judah,

2Chron. 21:13  But hast walked in the way of the kings of Israel, and hast made Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem to go a whoring, like to the whoredoms of the house of Ahab, and also hast slain thy brethren of thy father's house, which were better than thyself:

2Chron. 21:14  Behold, with a great plague will the LORD smite thy people, and thy children, and thy wives, and all thy goods:

2Chron. 21:15  And thou shalt have great sickness by disease of thy bowels, until thy bowels fall out by reason of the sickness day by day.

2Chron. 21:16  Moreover the LORD stirred up against Jehoram the spirit of the Philistines, and of the Arabians, that were near the Ethiopians:

2Chron. 21:17  And they came up into Judah, and broke into it, and carried away all the substance that was found in the king's house, and his sons also, and his wives; so that there was never a son left him, save Jehoahaz, the youngest of his sons.

2Chron. 21:18  And after all this the LORD smote him in his bowels with an incurable disease.

Thanks and God Bless, Eva

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2007, 11:13:28 AM »

Let's try Jehoram

2Chron. 21:9  Then Jehoram went forth with his princes, and all his chariots with him: and he rose up by night, and smote the Edomites which compassed him in, and the captains of the chariots.

2Chron. 21:10  So the Edomites revolted from under the hand of Judah unto this day. The same time also did Libnah revolt from under his hand; because he had forsaken the LORD God of his fathers.

2Chron. 21:11  Moreover he made high places in the mountains of Judah, and caused the inhabitants of Jerusalem to commit fornication, and compelled Judah thereto.

2Chron. 21:12  And there came a writing to him from Elijah the prophet, saying, Thus saith the LORD God of David thy father, Because thou hast not walked in the ways of Jehoshaphat thy father, nor in the ways of Asa king of Judah,

2Chron. 21:13  But hast walked in the way of the kings of Israel, and hast made Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem to go a whoring, like to the whoredoms of the house of Ahab, and also hast slain thy brethren of thy father's house, which were better than thyself:

2Chron. 21:14  Behold, with a great plague will the LORD smite thy people, and thy children, and thy wives, and all thy goods:

2Chron. 21:15  And thou shalt have great sickness by disease of thy bowels, until thy bowels fall out by reason of the sickness day by day.

2Chron. 21:16  Moreover the LORD stirred up against Jehoram the spirit of the Philistines, and of the Arabians, that were near the Ethiopians:

2Chron. 21:17  And they came up into Judah, and broke into it, and carried away all the substance that was found in the king's house, and his sons also, and his wives; so that there was never a son left him, save Jehoahaz, the youngest of his sons.

2Chron. 21:18  And after all this the LORD smote him in his bowels with an incurable disease.

Thanks and God Bless, Eva

BINGO!  And you sure covered all your bases on this one didn't ya!  Hahahaha!  Good Girl!  Grin

Okay folks!  Eva is the one to beat at this game!  Catch her if you can!
Next question coming up......

In Christ,
Grammyluv

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2007, 11:19:19 AM »

10.  What loving woman, a concubine of Saul, watched over the corpses of her slaughtered children, protecting them from birds and animals?
(2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Samuel)

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2007, 12:08:03 PM »

Rizpah

2Sa 21:8  But the king took the two sons of Rizpah the daughter of Aiah, whom she bare unto Saul, Armoni and Mephibosheth; and the five sons of Michal the daughter of Saul, whom she brought up for Adriel the son of Barzillai the Meholathite:
2Sa 21:9  And he delivered them into the hands of the Gibeonites, and they hanged them in the hill before the LORD: and they fell all seven together, and were put to death in the days of harvest, in the first days, in the beginning of barley harvest.
2Sa 21:10  And Rizpah the daughter of Aiah took sackcloth, and spread it for her upon the rock, from the beginning of harvest until water dropped upon them out of heaven, and suffered neither the birds of the air to rest on them by day, nor the beasts of the field by night.
2Sa 21:11  And it was told David what Rizpah the daughter of Aiah, the concubine of Saul, had done.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the