Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:43:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Chicken Soup
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chicken Soup  (Read 146996 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2007, 09:32:51 AM »

Gift of Love

by James Dobson

Some time ago, a friend of mine punished his three year old daughter for wasting a roll of gold wrapping paper.  Money was tight, and he became infuriated when the child tried to decorate a box to put under the Christmas tree.  Nevertheless, the little girl brought the gift to her father the next morning and said, "This is for you, Daddy."  He was embarrassed by his earlier over-reaction, but his anger flared again when he found that the box was empty.
     He yelled at her, "Don't you know that when you give someone a present, there's supposed to be something inside of it?"
     The little girl looked up at him with tears in her eyes and said, "Oh, Daddy, it's not empty.  I blew kisses in the box.  I filled it with my love.  All for you, Daddy."
     The father was crushed.  He put his arms around his little girl, and he begged her for forgiveness.  My friend told me that he kept that gold box by his bed for years.  Whenever he was discouraged, he would take out an imaginary kiss and remember thelove of the child who had put it there.
     In a very real sense, each of us as parents has been given a gold container filled with unconditional love and kisses from our children.  There is no more precious possession anyone could hold.

Let us fight the good fight!
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2007, 09:28:15 AM »

Perspective

by Marilyn McAuley

A little girl was visiting her grandmother in the country.  One evening they sat and enjoyed the panorama of stars in the heavens.  Such sparkling brilliance the little girl hadn't seen, living in the city with all the lights.  She was in awe of the beauty and said to her grandmother, "If heaven is so beautiful on the wrong side, what must it be like on the right side?"

Opportunity

When one door closes, another opens
but we often look so long and so regretfully
upon the closed door
that we do not see the one which
has opened for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2007, 08:07:55 AM »

Saving the Broken Pieces

At the Royal Palace of Tehran in Iran, you can see one of the most beautiful mosiac work in the world.  The ceilings and walss flash like diamonds in multifaceted reflections.
     Originally, when the palace was designed, the architect specified huge sheets of mirrors on the walls.  When the first shipment arrived from Paris, they found to their horror that the mirrors were shattered.  The contractor threw them in the trash and brought the sad news to the architect.
     Amazingly, the archtect ordered alll of the broken pieces collected, then smashed them into tiny pieces and glued them to the walls to become a mosaic of silvery, shimmering, mirrored bits of glass.
     Broken to become beautiful!  It's possible to turn your scars ito stars.  It's possible to be better because of the brokenness.  It is extremely rare to find in the great museums of the world objects of antiquity that are unbroken.  Indeed, some of the most precious pieces in the world are only fragments that remain a hallowed reminder of a glorious past.
     Never underestimate God's power to repair and restore.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2007, 08:10:02 AM »

Saving the Broken Pieces

At the Royal Palace of Tehran in Iran, you can see one of the most beautiful mosiac work in the world.  The ceilings and walss flash like diamonds in multifaceted reflections.
     Originally, when the palace was designed, the architect specified huge sheets of mirrors on the walls.  When the first shipment arrived from Paris, they found to their horror that the mirrors were shattered.  The contractor threw them in the trash and brought the sad news to the architect.
     Amazingly, the architect ordered all of the broken pieces collected, then smashed them into tiny pieces and glued them to the walls to become a mosaic of silvery, shimmering, mirrored bits of glass.
     Broken to become beautiful!  It's possible to turn your scars into stars.  It's possible to be better because of the brokenness.  It is extremely rare to find in the great museums of the world objects of antiquity that are unbroken.  Indeed, some of the most precious pieces in the world are only fragments that remain a hallowed reminder of a glorious past.
     Never underestimate God's power to repair and restore.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »

Angels Among Us
author unknown

I was driving home from a meeting this evening about 5, stuck in traffic on
Colorado Blvd. , and the car started to choke and splutter and die - I
barely managed to coast, cursing, into a gas station, glad only that I would
not be blocking traffic and would have a somewhat warm spot to wait for the
tow truck. It wouldn't even turn over. Before I could make the call, I saw a
woman walking out of the "quickie mart" building, and it looked like she
slipped on some ice and fell into a Gas pump, so I got out to see if she
was okay.

When I got there, it looked more like she had been overcome by sobs than
that she had fallen; she was a young woman who looked really haggard with
dark circles under her eyes. She dropped something as I helped her up, and
I picked it up to give it to her. It was a nickel.

At that moment, everything came into focus for me: the crying woman, the
ancient Suburban crammed full of stuff with 3 kids in the back (1 in a car
seat), and the gas pump reading $4.95.

I asked her if she was okay and if she needed help, and she just kept
saying "don't want my kids to see me crying," so we stood on the other side of
the pump from her car. She said she was driving to California and that things
were very hard for her right now. So I asked, "And you were praying?" That
made her back away from me a little, but I assured her I was not a
crazy person and said, "He heard you, and He sent me."

I took out my card and swiped it through the card reader on the pump so she
could fill up her car completely, and while it was fuelling, walked to the
next door McDonald's and bought 2 big bags of food, some gift certificates
for more, and a big cup of coffee. She gave the food to the kids in the
car, who attacked it like wolves, and we stood by the pump eating fries and
talking a little.

She told me her name, and that she lived in Kansas City Her boyfriend left
2 months ago and she had not been able to make ends meet. She knew she
wouldn't have money to pay rent Jan 1, and finally in desperation had
finally called her parents, with whom she had not spoken in about 5 years.
They lived in California and said she could come live with them and try to
get on her feet there.

So she packed up everything she owned in the car. She told the kids they
were going to California for Christmas, but not that they were going to
live there.

I gave her my gloves, a little hug and said a quick prayer with her for
safety on the road. As I was walking over to my car, she said, "So, are you
like an angel or something?"

This definitely made me cry. I said, "Sweetie, at this time of year angels
are really busy, so sometimes God uses regular people."

It was so incredible to be a part of someone else's miracle. And of course,
you guessed it, when I got in my car it started right away and got me home
with no problem. I'll put it in the shop tomorrow to check, but I suspect the mechanic won't find anything wrong.

Sometimes the angels fly close enough to you that you can hear the flutter of their wings...

Psalms 55:22 "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee. He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."

When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say, "Jesus, could you please
get that for me ".

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2007, 10:38:04 AM »

Interview With God

Here is an extra treat this morning!  You will have to go to the link yourselves and the viewing will take 60 seconds.  However it will be well worth it and the experience will be unforgettable.  You will probably want to copy the link for yourself and email it to friends and family!

In Christ,
Grammyluv!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2007, 07:21:25 PM »

Hello Grammyluv,

THANKS! Sister Yvette - that was beautiful. Chicken Soup is also beautiful.

Love in Christ,
Tom

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2007, 11:43:45 AM »

Hello Grammyluv,

THANKS! Sister Yvette - that was beautiful. Chicken Soup is also beautiful.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Thanks Brother Tom!  I was wondering where you've been?

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2007, 12:10:22 PM »

Real Treasure
by Robin Jones Gunn

We went to Open House tonight at the public elementary school.  When Rachel's teacher met us, her eyebrows seemed to elevate slightly.  She spoke kindly of our first grader but said she had some concerns.  She then invited us to look at the artwork; we would see what she meant.
     Dozens of brown paper treasure chests were tacked to the bulletin board.  Each had a barreled top attached with a brad.  On the front was printed, "A Real Treasure Would Be..."  We walked over and began opening the lids to find Rachel's treasure and see why it so concerned the teacher.
     As we peeked into each chest, we saw TV's and Nintendos, a few genies, heaps of gold coins, and a unicorn.  Rachel's chest was in the very bottom corner.  We had to stoop to open it.  Inside, our daughter had drawn Christ, hanging on a cross with red drops of blood shaped like hearts dripping from his hands.  She had completed the sentence, "A Real Treasure Would Be...Jesus."
     "Do you see my concern?" the teacher asked, her arms folded across her chest.
     "Yes," my husband agreed, "I see what you mean.  The J is backwards, isn't it?"

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2007, 08:32:41 AM »

Thanks Brother Tom!  I was wondering where you've been?

Sister Yvette,

I've been down with my back. I don't want to complain, and I think that I'm getting better.

Love In Christ,
Tom

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2007, 07:39:30 PM »

I apololigize ya'll, that I wasn't able to post here today.  I hope you will stay tuned for tomorrow's posting!

Brother Tom, I'm sorry to hear your back is bothering you again.  You are in my prayers.  Wink

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2007, 08:10:24 PM »

Sister Yvette,

You are in my prayers also for more than just the new job. Many people in your area of the country have had a really hard time with weather and resulting disasters. I know there were huge mud slides in Oregon today from recent rains. In fact, people in many areas of the country are having hard times. Most of the really bad ice storm missed my part of Oklahoma, but many people in this part of the country are without electricity. Realistically, Christians around the world need our prayers. Thankfully, our Gracious GOD loves to hear our prayers.

Love In Christ,
Tom

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2007, 09:34:32 AM »

Brother Tom,
So far, so good here in the Seattle area.  I heard about the ice storm in Oklahoma yesterday and immediately thought of you.  It sounded like it was headed PR's way?  It is definitely cold here.  I about freeze taking the bus late at night to get home.  So much for global warming, uh?
And yes, Christians everywhere need prayers.  The world is so uncertain now.  I wish more would see that truth and come racing to our Lord.

In Christ,
Yvette

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2007, 09:41:58 AM »

Calm in the Storm
by Ron Mehl

A woman caught in a frightening storm in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean had kept all the little children on board from panicking by telling Bible stories.  After finally reaching the dock safely, the ship's captain approached the woman, whom he had observed in the midst of the tempest.
     "How were you able to maintain your calm when everyone feared the ship would sink in this storm?" the captain asked.  As she looked up, he noted the same quiet peace in her eyes that she had maintained throughout the journey.
     "I have two daughters," explained the Christan woman.  "One of them lives in New York.  The other lives in heaven.  I knew I would see one or the other of my daughters in a few hours.  And it really didn't matter to me which one."

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2007, 09:37:32 AM »

Too Busy
by Ron Mehl

I'll never forget the day I looked out of our living room and saw Mark, our youngest, walking home from school in the driving rain.  Mark was in third grade, and he was allowed to ride his bike to his grade school, located right within our sub-division.  I happened to home from the church early that day, and I was sitting in an easy chair by the window.  I looked outside at the pouring rain ans saw my boy in the distance, trudging his way through the downpour.  His clothing was absolutely drenched and his hair was plastered against his head.  I hopened the door for him, and he looked up at me with a little smile, his face red from the cold.
     "Hi Dad!" he said.  "You're home early."
     "Hi son," I replied.  "You're soaked to the skin."
     "Yeah, I know."
     "Umm, Mark, you know, if you'd ride your bike you'd get home faster.  You wouldn't get so wet."
     He looked at me rather sheepishly as rivulets of rain streamed from his hair down across his face.  "I know, Dad."
     I was puzzled.  "Well, Son, if you know, why in the world didn't you do it?"
     Then he hung his head, just a bit, and it hit me.  Boy, did I feel like crawling under a table and hiding for a while.  He had told me several times before that his bike had a flat tire.  He had asked me, "Dad, could you please fix it for me?"
     "Sure, Son," I'd promised him.  "Don't worry.  I'll get after it right away."  But I never did.  I'd forgotten all about it.
     As he stood there in the entryway, dripping and shivering, he could have said, "I couldn't ride my bike today because someone promised me he'd fix it and never did."  He would have had every right to say that.  But he didn't.  What he did say remains printed indelibly on this dad's heart.
     "Aw, Dad, I know how busy you are and everything, and --I just didn't want to bother you with it again."
     I thought, Son, your dad isn't too busy; he's just too selfish.
     For me, a bike tire was no big deal --just one more thing on a long "to do" list.  But for Mark, it meant more than transportation.  It meant more than a long walk home in the rain.  It meant trusting his father to meet his every need.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the