Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:54:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286800 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Sin Poll Question
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Does intentional or unintentional sin result in loss of Salvation?
Yes - 3 (17.6%)
No - 13 (76.5%)
I don't know. - 1 (5.9%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sin Poll Question  (Read 20641 times)
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2007, 10:29:16 AM »

Thank YOU Brother David!  And great big hugs right back at ya!  Grin

Every morning I get up and I can hardly wait to see what someone has posted on these polls and I am disappointed.  Of over 3,000 members there are only 4? 5? of us willing to jump up.

I am sure there are other ministers on here that are not moderators.  PK's?  Ladies?  Do you not have an opinion or a BELIEF?  This is the problem with the church today.  Everyone is happy to sit on the side lines and watch.
Say something.  Right or wrong.  That is how we learn folks.  Step out and say what is on your mind.  Tell me I'm an old bitty for writing this.  Anything!

Really,
The most i've seen on at onetime is 8 people and that was'nt until this thread started....
YLBD
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 10:34:07 AM »

grammy most accounts are long since inactive. There probably only 20 active members

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 01:42:34 PM »

grammy most accounts are long since inactive. There probably only 20 active members

So I've heard.  Darn.  Sad

Let us fight the good fight!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 09:34:39 AM »

Good Morning Brother David!

I guess that everything depends on what you call inactive. We have tons of folks stop by every 1 to 3 months. Maybe they stop here for a prayer request or for a discussion they're interested in. I really don't know, but there are many people who go much longer than 3 months between visits.

Some folks come here just for fellowship, or they don't need a specific reason to be here. I come here for strengthening and encouragement in CHRIST. The fellowship is great and there are tons of good things here to study. There is a variety of good and GODLY material posted here every day that's new, and I enjoy it every day unless I'm down in bed. Frankly, this is something good to become addicted to.

Love In Christ,
Tom

KEEP LOOKING UP!!

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2007, 10:12:54 AM »

Amen Brother Tom, some of us are not able to be here for health reasons, like myself, but I sure miss it when I am not able to be here fellowshipping and sharing with other believers.

I thank God for every minute I am able to be here.

Hello Brother David, I know it's been a while since I have been here, how is the new baby?

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2007, 10:15:43 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

The answer to the "Sin Poll Question" is an absolute NO. This is one of the main reasons why JESUS CHRIST went willingly to the CROSS and died for our sins.

Bluntly, no man has ever been able to obey the law, and that's why the law has never saved a single person. The same is true for sin. NO man can live without sin.

If we say that we have no sin, we lie and the truth isn't in us.

1 John 1:8-10  NASB  If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

NO man or woman has any righteousness of their own at all - ZERO! Man's righteousness is as filthy rags.

Romans 3:10 NASB  as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."

Romans 3:23  NASB  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

If we seek to establish our own righteousness, we are foolish and severing ourselves from CHRIST. CHRIST is the only righteousness of mankind.

Galatians 5:4-6 NASB  You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. For we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but faith working through love.

Galatians 2:19-21 NASB  "For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God. "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. "I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly."

Trying to establish our own righteousness is not only foolish, it's failing to submit to the righteousness of CHRIST.

Romans 10:3-4 NASB  For not knowing about God's righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.  For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Philippians 3:8-9 NASB  More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,

Bluntly, if man could live without sin, JESUS CHRIST went to the CROSS in vain. However, we all know that JESUS CHRIST and the CROSS is the most important and precious event in the history of mankind. JESUS CHRIST took our penalty in HIS Own Body and rescued us from the curse of sin and death. Man must never say that he can live without sin, be perfect, or be holy because that would be calling GOD a liar. We don't have any righteousness of our own. As Christians, we are seen in and through JESUS CHRIST, and the Righteousness of CHRIST is what we depend on. If we depend on ourselves, we depend on NOTHING and call GOD a liar.

As Christians, the devil and sin is no longer our Master, but that doesn't mean that we are free of sin. Our MASTER is now JESUS CHRIST, but we are still in the "old man" of flesh and corruption. GOD has promised that HE will finish the work of Perfection in us, and HE will even give us a Glorified Body at HIS Appointed Time. In the meantime, we MUST know that GOD is the only one who is Perfect, Holy, and without sin. In our present state it's a horrible error to try and compare our NOTHING to GOD'S EVERYTHING!

Bluntly, if we depend on our own perfection, holiness, and righteousness, our destination is HELL! because we have NONE!

Hebrews 10:1-10 NASB  For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never, by the same sacrifices which they offer continually year by year, make perfect those who draw near. Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, because the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have had consciousness of sins? But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins year by year. For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. Therefore, when He comes into the world, He says, "SACRIFICE AND OFFERING YOU HAVE NOT DESIRED, BUT A BODY YOU HAVE PREPARED FOR ME; IN WHOLE BURNT OFFERINGS AND sacrifices FOR SIN YOU HAVE TAKEN NO PLEASURE. "THEN I SAID, 'BEHOLD, I HAVE COME (IN THE SCROLL OF THE BOOK IT IS WRITTEN OF ME) TO DO YOUR WILL, O GOD.'" After saying above, "SACRIFICES AND OFFERINGS AND WHOLE BURNT OFFERINGS AND sacrifices FOR SIN YOU HAVE NOT DESIRED, NOR HAVE YOU TAKEN PLEASURE in them" (which are offered according to the Law), then He said, "BEHOLD, I HAVE COME TO DO YOUR WILL." He takes away the first in order to establish the second. By this will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Continued

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2007, 11:12:44 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Please read the following portion of Scripture carefully and go back to the Bible to put it in context and study it more in detail. To many, it appears to be a contradiction, but it isn't a contradiction at all.

1 John 1:6-10 NASB  If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

I don't walk in the dark any longer, and I certainly don't love the dark or wallow in the dark. My old master is in the dark and no Christian in this short life is completely free of the old master. Our new MASTER is GOD and we feel guilty when we make mistakes or sin. GOD knew that we would make mistakes and sin, so HE provided a way for us to be cleansed. I wouldn't dare call GOD a liar, and I know that I'm not perfect, holy, or without sin. My LORD and SAVIOUR is Perfect, Holy, and without Sin. Please read the following portion of Scripture and notice some of the key issues and terms.

Romans 6:10-14 NASB  For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts, and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Sin is no longer the master over a Christian, but that doesn't hint that a Christian is free of sin. CHRIST is our unquestioned MASTER, but we aren't free of sin yet. We are free from sin being the master over us and having sin drive every aspect of our lives. We no longer live to sin. We live to CHRIST but we are still human beings. We can pray, try as hard as we can, and even have GOD help us, but we can't have the Perfection, Righteousness, and Holiness of CHRIST in this old body of flesh and corruption. This is another reason why flesh and blood can't inherit the things of GOD that await us in Heaven. However, GOD has Promised that HE will give us a Glorified Body like CHRIST at HIS appointed time.

Romans 3:19-28 NASB  Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God; because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin. But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus; whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed; for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith. For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

Brothers and Sisters, who qualifies us and makes us fit to become partakers of the inheritance with the Saints in LIGHT? Do we make ourselves fit and qualified? The answer is absolutely, "NO!" Who is the Author and Finisher of our Faith? Is it us? The answer is absolutely, "NO!" Do we redeem and sanctify ourselves? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Brothers and Sisters, we aren't fit and qualified for anything but HELL. Further, there is no amount of work that we can do to become fit and qualified for anything but HELL. Salvation must be a GIFT from GOD because NO man will ever be able to earn it. JESUS CHRIST makes us fit and qualified because of HIS Perfect Work on the CROSS.

Colossians 1:9-12 NASB  For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.

Romans 4:22-25 NASB  Therefore IT WAS ALSO CREDITED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS. Now not for his sake only was it written that it was credited to him, but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead, He who was delivered over because of our transgressions, and was raised because of our justification. "BLESSED ARE THOSE WHOSE LAWLESS DEEDS HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN, AND WHOSE SINS HAVE BEEN COVERED.  "BLESSED IS THE MAN WHOSE SIN THE LORD WILL NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT."

Romans 5:20-21 NASB  The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Thessalonians 5:8-10 NASB  But since we are of the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation. For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him.

Acts 15:8-11 NASB  "And God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith. "Now therefore why do you put God to the test by placing upon the neck of the disciples a yoke which neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear? "But we believe that we are saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, in the same way as they also are."

Brothers and Sisters, we don't give thanks to ourselves for a single thing because we can't do a single thing worthy of Salvation. All Thanks and All GLORY goes to GOD!

Colossians 3:15-16 NASB  Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

Ephesians 1:18-23 NASB  I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Galatians 3:22-26 NASB  But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:1-2 NASB  Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Romans 5:17-18 NASB  For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.  So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men.

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2007, 12:37:20 PM »

Frankly, this is something good to become addicted to.

Love

I'm hooked!  Grin
This is where I get my "get-up-and-go"!  Good news articles.  Fellowship.  Fun and more fun.  Bible study.  You name it.  I don't even watch TV at night anymore! 
All my friends live here!  Grin Grin Grin Huh

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2007, 02:08:39 PM »

I'm hooked!  Grin
This is where I get my "get-up-and-go"!  Good news articles.  Fellowship.  Fun and more fun.  Bible study.  You name it.  I don't even watch TV at night anymore! 
All my friends live here!  Grin Grin Grin Huh

Sister Yvette,

I feel the same way. I watch or listen to a few news programs in the background, but the important things that I feel a need for are here on Christians Unite. I also have a weather alarm radio that warns us when we might be about to be blown away.   Cheesy  That goes off all the time in Oklahoma. We don't have a storm shelter, so the best we can do is go sit in the bathtub.   Grin   Needless to say, we don't go sit in the bathtub every time the weather alarm goes off. I think we went to the bathtub three times this year, and that's when a tornado was on the ground and fairly close to us. We pull a couple of heavy blankets and pillow over us, pray, and usually go back to what we were doing 20 to 30 minutes later. My wife and I were both born here and we've lived here all of our lives, so GOD has taken good care of us here for almost 60 years. We'll just give THANKS!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 7:18-19 NASB
For, on the one hand, there is a setting aside of a former commandment because of its weakness and uselessness (for the Law made nothing perfect), and on the other hand there is a bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2007, 06:54:18 PM »

Yep.  Same here.  I've got the TV on (usually FOX news) but it's more for company since I live alone.  Lets me hear other voices, (other than the ones in my head)  Had to beat one of you boys to that one!  Hahaha!  But there is so much on this whole site that you could hardly ever visit it all!   Grin
I forget where I ever heard of it.  Might have been my local Christian radio station.  But I was parusing this website for a long time before I ever came over to the forums.   Cheesy
It's cool too because when I talk to my family, or my best girlfriend who lives in Oregon, I'll say, "my friend BlackeyedBart or my friend DreamWeaver or Pastor Roger, said such and such the other day"!!!  Tee hee.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2007, 07:14:41 PM »

(other than the ones in my head)

Now that's not fair (getting good but still not fair).

Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2007, 08:09:48 PM »

Hello Grammyluv,

Grin   Sister, those voices in your head don't bother us at all. We can't hear them through the computer.   Grin   We also have a lot of good clean fun and fellowship here. When we have the Promises of GOD in mind, it doesn't take much for Christians to have a good time and be thankful. Fellowship is definitely another Gift that GOD gives us for strength and encouragement.

Some folks have hobbies that cost an arm and a leg. An arm and a leg is what I'd have to pay since I don't have any money.   Wink  Being a Christian full time doesn't cost an arm and a leg, rather all of us. We are bought with a price and are no longer our own. We are purchased possessions belonging to GOD, and that should be enough to make us happy.

Shocked  Sister, I think that I might have just heard one of those voices in your head. Is it Bill O'Reilly?   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

KEEP LOOKING UP!!

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2007, 11:18:43 PM »

Shocked  Sister, I think that I might have just heard one of those voices in your head. Is it Bill O'Reilly?   Grin

Oh my gosh!  I had to laugh out loud because it's true!  I had Bill O'Rielly on!  Also true that I'm a big fan of his! 

I've got the TV on (usually FOX news) but it's more for company since I live alone.  Lets me hear other voices, (other than the ones in my head)  Had to beat one of you boys to that one! 
Now that's not fair (getting good but still not fair).

Grin Grin

Oh! You KNOW you would've jumped on that if I hadn't beaten ya to the punch!
In the words of an old Waylon Jennings song:  "I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane!"   

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2007, 06:44:52 PM »

I just found this thread, while wandering throught the forum. My answer to the poll is no loss of salvation. Now since all of you have quoted the verses I would have used, I am going to share a song my best friend sang in church a few weeks ago. The name of the song is:
            "Remind Me, Dear Lord"
             by Dottie  Rambo

The things that I love and hold dear to my heart
Are just borrowed they're not mine at all
Jesus only let me use them to brighten my life,
So remind me, remind me, dear Lord.

Roll back the curtain of memory now and then;
Show me where you brought me from,
And where I could have been;
Remember I'm human, and humans forget;
So remind me, remind me dear Lord.

Nothing good have I done to deserve God's own Son;
I'm not worthy of the scars in His hands
Yet He chose the road to Calv'ry to die in my stead,
Why He loved me, I can't understand.

Roll back the curtain of mem'ry now and then,
Show me where you brought me from,
And where I could have been;
Remember I'm human, and humans forget;
So remind me, remind me dear Lord.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2007, 07:49:25 PM »

Another Amen Islandboy!

I'm almost sure that I've heard that song at least once, and it's beautiful.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the