Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:27:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Is it christian to mock the woman GOD chose to mother Jesus
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it christian to mock the woman GOD chose to mother Jesus  (Read 4537 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2003, 10:56:37 PM »

Thanks Petro, on yours above.   Good point.  Thanks.

Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2003, 09:27:26 AM »

Reba:
   I just got a reply,
Hope this will help  Gal 1;17 key and returned again unto Damascus the little word again connects his conversion with Damascus, though nothing is said of that city in the previous verses. But we know from the Acts that Paul was in that city during three days directly after Christ's appearing to him in the way, and the word again here implies that he left Damascus to go into Arabia. The two records, therefore, complement and confirm each other, yet without affording the slightest evidence of any intention to do this.
Paul went into some part of Arabis not far from Damascus is what most writers say. hope this helps.  II Tim 2:15 good work.  Mike

As for the time spent in Arabia, from what I can tell no body now knows the amount of time spent, but it was between his comming to Christ and some time after receveing his sight and  peaching to the Jews there he went into Arabia for some unknowen amount of time, then he returned to Damascus for three years before going to Jerusalem.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Reba
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2003, 05:26:10 PM »

Hi Guys!

My friend goes home this weekend!  How wonderful is that? She made some great steps forward PRAISE TO THE LORD GOD! Thanks for the prayers!  Smiley ( liver transplant )

I have my new computer now so i am learning about it. Thanks for the responses.  Smiley  I will get back on track and read closer the posts here!
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2003, 08:56:17 AM »

Hi Guys!

My friend goes home this weekend!  How wonderful is that? She made some great steps forward PRAISE TO THE LORD GOD! Thanks for the prayers!  Smiley ( liver transplant )

I have my new computer now so i am learning about it. Thanks for the responses.  Smiley  I will get back on track and read closer the posts here!

Great news. It is good that it is going well with you and your friend. Enjoy that new computer. Looking forward to your posts created on it.

Support your local Christian.
Reba
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2003, 11:54:00 AM »

Guys thanks!
 This thread has been very informative!

I am thinking we today have put so much store in the word APOSTLE, more then what should be maybe. We have agreed! AMAZING!

Anyone who has the same type of question please post it!

This is the Christmas season do we have any questions about the birth of Jesus?
Reba
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2003, 01:40:46 AM »

I can find no place in scripture to show Jesus Christ, our example, would mock or be rude to ones mother. I also see no place for worship of anyone’s mother.

Because a group has placed Mary the mother of Jesus on some undeserved pedestal does not give license to be offence to her name to be in general a jerk. She held a mothers love for her son. I believe she was chosen therefore special not special then chosen. She did what GOD asked of her that is what Paul did also. I feel it would be offensive to mock or ridicule Paul Or Stephen or Andrew Do we ridicule Martha for being the sister of Lazarus? Do we joke and used mocking grins at Rahab the harlet?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2003, 12:43:40 AM by Reba » Logged
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2003, 07:44:16 AM »

Apparently the mockers and those that would crucify the Lord are still dwelling among the people of earth. Just as in the first century AD.

Matthew 27:29.  And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!
30.  And they spit upon him, and took the reed, and smote him on the head.
 31.  And after that they had mocked him, they took the robe off from him, and put his own raiment on him, and led him away to crucify him.

Jude 1:17.  But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
 18.  How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
 19.  These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the spirit.

Most of what we know of Mary is in these few verses:

.........Luke 1:38.  And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
 39.  And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;
 40.  And entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth.
 41.  And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
 42.  And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
 43.  And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
 44.  For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.
 45.  And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
 46.  And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
 47.  And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
 48.  For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
 49.  For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

50.  And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.
 51.  He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
 52.  He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.
 53.  He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.
 54.  He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy;
 55.  As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

Mary the humble woman chosen of God to be the Mother of the Lord and in pefect submission to it.
Always praising and magnifying the glory of God and giving all glory to Him.

Such is not to be mocked, nor is she to be lifted up in stature above the whole of God's people for all are made holy and sanctified in Christ Jesus.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2003, 07:47:10 AM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2003, 09:07:44 AM »

"They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men. You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men." And he said to them: "You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions...Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down" (Mark 7:7-13).

« Last Edit: December 21, 2003, 09:21:25 AM by Ambassador4Christ » Logged

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Reba
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2003, 10:49:54 AM »

Well said Ollie  Smiley
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2003, 09:03:27 PM »

Well said Ollie  Smiley
Agreed!  Wink

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the