Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:38:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  God's Will...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: God's Will...  (Read 4656 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2007, 10:11:11 AM »

Good Morning Brothers and Sisters!
As some of you know, I have applied for a position with my beloved Union Gospel Mission for Women and Children here in Seattle.  I have not heard anything back yet but I'm asking God's total will in this.

I have a real heart for the homeless, having been there myself.  And I would love to be able to give love, hope and encouragement there and to share what God has done in my life and how He has filled me up.

On the other hand, in the position I now have as receptionist at Microsoft, I see 1000's of people everyday and I know that I have touched some of them.  I bring God up whenever I can, even if it's just a small comment, even though I'm not supposed too. (I refuse to keep quiet.  God is my ultimate boss is the way I figure it  Cheesy)

I have applied for other positions in the past and God has kept me where I'm at so I figure, up to this point he has wanted me there.

I'm thinking that if I am offered this new job then that is the way God wants me to go, but I just don't know.

So prayers for me in this would be most appreciated.
Thanks!
Yvette

Let us fight the good fight!
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 11:38:26 AM »

Hi Gluv,
Good Girl!
Don't ever be quiet...
I'll pray for you Sis, Gods will, Will be done...
You have the perfect outlook on this matter too...
Enjoy your new job if he wills it to be so!
Your Loving Brother Duane

Eva

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 12:17:57 PM »

GLuv:

I agree, as disciples we are commanded to share our faith with the world. Keep up the good work. 

God will lead you to do whatever it is He has in mind for you. I will continue to pray for God to open and close doors where HE will.

Love In Christ, Eva

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 03:22:51 PM »

Thank you!!

Well after waiting for 3 weeks for my answer I got it this morning before I could get back on here!
I got the job offer this morning and have accepted!  I have already sent in my letter of resignation at Microsoft.  My last day here will be the day before Thanksgiving and my first day at the Women's Mission will be the Monday after Thanksgiving, giving me a nice long weekend in between!
Praise God!  I am so excited about this that I can hardly sit here in my seat!  It is what I have long desired to do and I am tickled that God feels that I am finally ready for it! 
I can't wait to get started!  I feel like doing cartwheels right here in the lobby.  Grin

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 05:10:42 PM »

Woot.
Amen and good luck grammy....hope that you can keep online and visit with us....cause I am sure the homeless shelter does not have as many computers as M$  Cheesy

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Eva

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 06:17:34 PM »

Gluv:

Congratultions to you.  I have been in prayer over your job situation and am pleased to hear the news.

You're such a willing servant, I know God will use you in a mighty way.

God Bless You,

Love in Christ, Eva

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 07:00:06 PM »

Woot.
Amen and good luck grammy....hope that you can keep online and visit with us....cause I am sure the homeless shelter does not have as many computers as M$  Cheesy

Oh I'll have plenty of time my friends!  Besides we have a whole computer lab there where the women take classes and learn computer skills to help them in getting jobs!  It is so much more that just a shelter.  They enter a 9 month program where they attend bible studies, computer classes, reading if they need it, counseling, etc.  They have a recovery tract.  They get caught up on medical, optical, and dental attention.  They get to attend a lot of free functions because a lot of places donate tickets.  One I am especially fond of is the Mariner tickets!  But they get to go to many different things.  They have beauticians come in and give the women a fresh hair cut and style and sometimes do their nail.  
There is so much to making a woman feel good about herself, inside and out and the Mission tries through donations, volunteers, and many, many classes to address all of their issues
They also have a whole children's program set up.  It is really quite involved.  More like a college with the dorms right there.
Right now it is in downtown Seattle in a fairly seedy area, however in February, ground will be broken for a brand new facility in another area of Seattle.  I'm excited to get in before the whole transition.
Speaking of transition, after the 9 month program the women can chose to stay and do an internship or go onto the Transitional Housing where they allowed to stay up to two more years while they go to school or back to work and save money for getting completely out on their own.  The apts for this are nicer than the one I'm paying for myself!!

Can you tell you how very excited I am about this place?  
And I'll tell you why!  I went through their program myself! Starting back in 2002.  Now I have the opportunity to give back and to give the same kind of love and encouragement that I was given!  AMEN!
Thanks all for your support and prayers!
God Bless You,
Grammyluv (Yvette)
PS)  I might be "Grammyluv" but I'm not that old.  I have lots of energy yet.  If you're curious there is a pic of me on my website!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 01:06:16 AM »

Amen Yvette!

I'm very happy to hear that GOD answered your prayers. Your new job sounds wonderful - something that's really more than just a job. I've met many strong Christians over the years who worked in various kinds of shelters. I give thanks for them, and I know that GOD is working in and through them.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:1-2 NASB
Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 01:32:56 AM »

That is great news and a wonderful answer to prayers. My prayers will still be with you in this.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 11:34:10 AM »

Oh I'll have plenty of time my friends!  Besides we have a whole computer lab there where the women take classes and learn computer skills to help them in getting jobs!  It is so much more that just a shelter.  They enter a 9 month program where they attend bible studies, computer classes, reading if they need it, counseling, etc.  They have a recovery tract.  They get caught up on medical, optical, and dental attention.  They get to attend a lot of free functions because a lot of places donate tickets.  One I am especially fond of is the Mariner tickets!  But they get to go to many different things.  They have beauticians come in and give the women a fresh hair cut and style and sometimes do their nail.  
There is so much to making a woman feel good about herself, inside and out and the Mission tries through donations, volunteers, and many, many classes to address all of their issues
They also have a whole children's program set up.  It is really quite involved.  More like a college with the dorms right there.
Right now it is in downtown Seattle in a fairly seedy area, however in February, ground will be broken for a brand new facility in another area of Seattle.  I'm excited to get in before the whole transition.
Speaking of transition, after the 9 month program the women can chose to stay and do an internship or go onto the Transitional Housing where they allowed to stay up to two more years while they go to school or back to work and save money for getting completely out on their own.  The apts for this are nicer than the one I'm paying for myself!!

Can you tell you how very excited I am about this place?  
And I'll tell you why!  I went through their program myself! Starting back in 2002.  Now I have the opportunity to give back and to give the same kind of love and encouragement that I was given!  AMEN!
Thanks all for your support and prayers!
God Bless You,
Grammyluv (Yvette)
PS)  I might be "Grammyluv" but I'm not that old.  I have lots of energy yet.  If you're curious there is a pic of me on my website!

May God Bless You in ALL that You Do!
What a Good Girl, I'm SO proud of You...
You Make the Angels in Heaven Sing Praises to our Father,
Thank You for the Joy you have brung to our Him!
YLBD
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 05:32:16 PM »

Hi Friends!
Rather than start a new thread I'll just put my prayer request here.
I was put on Paxil (anit-depressant) about 4 years ago when I had to undergo a treatment that caused depression as one of the side effects.  I have tried to quit taking it before but I just get so sick so I stayed on it.  However I am just tired of taking it and tired of paying for it so I have been tapering myself off of it for the past month and now the final quit is here.  However, while it is clearing out of my system it is also making me very sick with the withdrawl.
So prayers for Grammy would be most welcome!
And with that I'm going to take a couple asprin and lay down for a bit.  My grandson went home last night so it's nice and quiet here right now.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2007, 05:46:59 PM »

My prayers are with you daily. I will say an extra prayer for you in this, sister. Do get some rest while you can.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2007, 09:29:57 PM »

You can add my prays as well Yvette.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2007, 09:45:40 PM »

Sister Yvette,

You are already in my daily prayers, but you've helped us know how to better pray for you right now.

In the meantime:

KEEP LOOKING UP!!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 8:31-32 NASB
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?  He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?

Eva

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2007, 10:59:03 PM »

GrammyLuv:

I stand in agreement with you and the gents here.

Love in Christ, Eva

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the