Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:01:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Immoral behavior
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Immoral behavior  (Read 94483 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #690 on: February 03, 2009, 12:35:39 AM »

Nurse suspended for offering to pray for elderly patient's recovery
A nurse has been suspended from her job for offering to pray for an elderly patient's recovery from illness.

By Andrew Alderson, Chief Reporter
01 Feb 2009

Caroline Petrie, a committed Christian, has been accused by her employers of failing to demonstrate a "personal and professional commitment to equality and diversity".

She faces disciplinary action and could lose her job over the incident.

Mrs Petrie, a married mother of two, says she has been left shocked and upset by the action taken against her.

She insists she has never forced her own religious beliefs on anyone but politely inquired if the elderly patient wanted her to pray for her – either in the woman's presence or after the nurse had left the patient's home.

"I simply couldn't believe that I have been suspended over this. I knew I hadn't done anything wrong. All I am trying to do is help my patients, many of whom want me to pray for them," she said.

Mrs Petrie, 45, is a community nurse employed by North Somerset Primary Care Trust to carry out home visits to sick and elderly patients.

The incident which led to her suspension took place at the home of a woman patient in Winscombe, North Somerset.

"It was around lunchtime and I had spent about 20 to 25 minutes with her. I had applied dressings to her legs and shortly before I left I said to her: 'Would you like me to pray for you?'.

"She said 'No, thank you.' And I said: 'OK.' I only offered to pray for her because I was concerned about her welfare and wanted her to get better."

However, after the incident on December 15, she was contacted by the trust and asked to explain her actions.

The woman patient, who is believed to be in her late 70s, is understood to have complained to the trust.

Mrs Petrie will not disclose the woman's name or reveal the precise nature of her ailment because it would breach patient confidentiality.

Mrs Petrie, who lives in Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset, said she was initially confronted the next day by a nursing sister who said the patient had been taken aback by her question about prayer.

"I said: 'I am sorry. Did I offend or upset her?' The sister said: 'No, no. She was just a bit taken back. You must be aware of your professional code of conduct. I would be careful.'

"But the next day my coordinator left a message on my home phone and I realised this had been taken further."

Mrs Petrie said that she often offers to pray for her patients and that many take her up on it.

She either prays with them or after she has left their home. The nurse has been a committed Christian since she was ten – after her mother died of breast cancer.

Initially, she was Church of England but she switched to the Baptist faith nine years ago. "My faith is very important to me," she said.

Mrs Petrie had previously been reprimanded for an incident in Clevedon last October when she offered to give a small, home-made prayer card to an elderly, male patient, who had happily accepted it.

On this occasion, the patient's carer, who was with him, raised concerns over the incident.

Alison Withers, Mrs Petrie's boss at the time, wrote to her at the end of November saying: "As a nurse you are required to uphold the reputation of your profession.

"Your NMC [Nursing Midwifery Council] code states that 'you must demonstrate a personal and professional commitment to equality and diversity' and 'you must not use your professional status to promote causes that are not related to health'."

In the letter, Mrs Petrie, who qualified as a nurse in 1985, was asked to attend an equality and diversity course and warned: "If there is any further similar incident it may be treated as potential misconduct and the formal disciplinary procedure could be instigated."

Mrs Petrie said: "I stopped handing out prayer cards after that but I found it more and more difficult [not to offer them]. My concern is for the person as a whole, not just their health.

"I was told not to force my faith on anyone but I could respond if patients themselves brought up the subject [of religion]."

It is the second incident – the offer to pray for a patient – that led to the disciplinary action. She was suspended from her part-time job, without pay, on December 17.

She faced an internal disciplinary meeting last Wednesday and expects to learn the outcome this week.

At last week's hour-long meeting, Mrs Petrie says she was told the patient had said she was not offended by the prayer offer but the woman argued that someone else might have been.

The nurse had her representative from the Royal College of Nursing present Mrs Petrie's husband, Stewart, 48, works as a BT engineer and they have two sons, aged 14 and ten.

The couple attend Milton Baptist Church every Sunday and Mrs Petrie said: "Stuart and I have decided to put God first in our lives."

Mrs Petrie, who has worked for the trust since February last year, has already taken legal advice from the Christian Legal Centre, which seeks to promote religious freedom and, particularly, to protect Christians and Christianity.

The centre, in turn, has instructed Paul Diamond, the leading religious rights barrister. Andrea Williams, the founder and director of the centre, said: "We are backing this case all the way."

A spokesman for North Somerset Primary Care Trust said: "Caroline Petrie has been suspended pending an investigation into the matter.

"She is a bank nurse and she has been told we will not be using her in this capacity until the outcome of our investigation is known.

"We always take any concerns raised by our patients most seriously and conscientiously investigate any matter of this nature brought to our attention.

"We are always keen to be respectful of our patients' views and sensitivity as well as those of our staff."

Nurse suspended for offering to pray for elderly patient's recovery

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #691 on: February 03, 2009, 12:39:49 AM »

A nice person offers to pray for someone to get better and they get upset and turn her in. I applaud the nurse for trying to pray for others. As for the folks who were so "offended" by this, I feel sorry for you. Your seemingly hatred towards anything to do with God will be the worst mistake you make in this life.

This is getting silly, but if we don't want this type of thing going on here, the need to speak up is NOW!!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 03, 2009, 01:37:47 AM »

A nice person offers to pray for someone to get better and they get upset and turn her in. I applaud the nurse for trying to pray for others. As for the folks who were so "offended" by this, I feel sorry for you. Your seemingly hatred towards anything to do with God will be the worst mistake you make in this life.

This is getting silly, but if we don't want this type of thing going on here, the need to speak up is NOW!!

My 87 year-old mother has been a volunteer at the same hospital I use for over 10 years. This is one of the main things that she does with all ages. She was simply told that she couldn't be pushy and definitely never try to force anything on someone. The vast majority want the prayer. Some want her to read the Bible to them, and many of the children want her to sing to them. She's never come close to any trouble, but this is still Oklahoma and certainly behind the times of the East and West Coasts.

I can see that it would be reasonable to prevent someone from forcing unwanted attention, but what about the majority who are happy with the offer. My mother very gently offers and only a tiny few have turned her down. Many of them are scared and some are dying, so the extra attention is comforting and wanted. What is this world coming to?

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 3:15-16 NASB  15  Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.  16  Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 03, 2009, 10:28:09 AM »

What is this world coming to?

Some very dark times.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #694 on: February 05, 2009, 12:41:17 AM »

Quote from: Bep's
She's never come close to any trouble, but this is still Oklahoma and certainly behind the times of the East and West Coasts.

Is that anything like Arizona??

Quote from: P.R.
Some very dark times.

And trouble, like this world has never seen before.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 06, 2009, 12:41:15 PM »

Hello DreamWeaver and All!

I really don't know much about other states. I used to make an assumption in my 25 years of law enforcement:  a trend on the East or West Coast will work its way to Middle America in about 7 years. We all know that assumptions aren't very accurate, and they're completely wrong many times. However, this assumption in law enforcement was GENERALLY TRUE.

Generally, the worst and most evil trends of all kinds start on the West Coast. Feelings aren't a very good way to evaluate the relative good things of any particular state. By good things, you probably already know that I'm talking about ways of life that relate to the Bible and the attempt to live in a way that would please GOD. I hope that nobody thinks I was trying to brag about Oklahoma. There are a lot of things that are WRONG here also. I just found that story shocking that ALL of the ill and dying would be denied the comfort of GOD in the name of "Political Correctness".

Brother, I've heard many good things about other states, including Arizona and many others. On the other side of the coin, I've heard a lot of bad things about most states, including my own. I should have left my state name out and simply given THANKS that Christians can still do many things for the LORD in this part of the world. I'll make a more bold and specific statement:  THE MORE THAT GOD IS EXCLUDED IN ANY SPECIFIC PLACE - THE WORSE THAT PLACE WILL BE.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 1:16-19 ASV  For I am not ashamed of the gospel: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.  17  For therein is revealed a righteousness of God from faith unto faith: as it is written, But the righteous shall live by faith.  18  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hinder the truth in unrighteousness;  19  because that which is known of God is manifest in them; for God manifested it unto them.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 06, 2009, 02:39:09 PM »

Yes, it used to be that you could gauge things according to what was going on in the coastal states to what was coming to the other states in that manner. Anymore it is not a big time delay like 6 to 7 yrs as it used to be. In many cases it is more like 6 to 7 weeks now if not less.

Immorality is running rampant getting worse by the day and the following is just one of the many reasons:

Al Gore: Don't listen to your parents
Ex-VP tells kids' conference 'older people don't know'

Former Vice President Al Gore has been tape-recorded telling a conference of young people in Washington, D.C., just before President Barack Obama's inauguration that they know more than their parents.

The story appeared via Glenn Beck's television show on the Fox News Channel, where he had Caitlin Glenn and her father, Andy, discussing the speech today. A video of the program segment was posted on Beck's The Hope For America website.

On the tape, Gore states: "When I was your age and the civil rights revolution was unfolding, and we kids asked our parents and their generation, 'Explain to me again why it's okay for the law to officially discriminate against people because of their skin color?'

"And when our parents' generation couldn't answer that question, that's when the law started to change. There are some things about our world that you know that older people don't know," he continued.

"Why would that be? Well in a period of rapid change, the old assumptions sometimes just don’t work anymore because they're out of date," Gore said.

Caitlin had been invited months before the election to the event that featured Gore as a speaker, and she was excited to attend the invitation-only event.

Her father said the family thought it an "incredible opportunity" for her.

The discussion about taping the speech came up late in the fall when Obama had won the election and was headed toward the White House, Andy Glenn said.

"We realized what she would be facing … Caitlin and I started having a lot of discussions," Andy Glenn said.

The talks focused on what Gore would say.

"I wanted to hear what he has to say to you," Andy Glenn recalled telling his daughter.

Caitlin Glenn said she was shocked by the instructions essentially to ignore her parents.

"We're only teens and preteens and he was telling us to do these things," she said.

Andy Glenn said when he picked up his daughter, he popped the tape into the player in his car.

"That section you just played actually was one of the first sections," he told Beck. "Right after [I heard] that I stopped it. I was so upset. I was yelling … he just told my daughter not to listen to me.

"Even coming from Al Gore I was absolutely shocked to hear that," he said.

Gore could not be reached tonight by WND for a comment.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 06, 2009, 02:43:39 PM »

... and this is another primary reason as not all of these cases end even close to being good:

Educators: Explore homosexuality but not Bible
Lawsuit alleges Christians face policy discrimination

A New York school district faces a lawsuit for encouraging students to explore homosexuality while trying to prevent them from studying the Bible.

The action has been brought by the Alliance Defense Fund on behalf of a student identified only as A.Q. against the Lindenhurst Union Free School District near New York City.

The suit alleges the district allows and encourages homosexuality by providing special services to organizations including the Gay-Straight Alliance, Key Club, Chess Club, Fishing Club and Ski Club. It contends the district illegally has discriminated against students seeking a Bible Club, instead forcing them to apply for permission to use school facilities as an outside group.

"Christian student groups shouldn't be discriminated against for their beliefs," said ADF Senior Legal Counsel David Cortman. "The First Amendment and federal law both prohibit such actions on the basis of religion, and this has been established by years of court precedent."

The public interest law firm said for more than four months, Lindenhurst High School officials repeatedly have refused to grant official recognition to the club because of its religious nature, despite the presence of other non-curriculum-related student clubs that are given benefits and privileges.

In fact, the lawsuit said, the district refuses to permit members of the Bible Club to use classrooms to meet on the same basis as other clubs. Instead, the students were forced to apply for access permission "as a local community organization."

Joshua Bolinger, litigation counsel for the ADF, said the Bible Club should be given the same recognition and benefits as other student-led clubs.

Attorney Charles E. Holster III of Mineola is serving as local counsel in the case.

"Defendants have denied a fair opportunity, have discriminated against, and have denied Plaintiff equal access to all school facilities, benefits, and privileges, because of the religious content of the speech and association at Bible Club meetings," the complaint states.

"Defendants' conduct cannot be justified by a compelling governmental interest, nor is it narrowly tailored to advance any such interest."

The case claims Supt. Neil Lederer "grants official clubs status to non-curriculum related student clubs" including those addressing "issues involving, among others, promoting respect and dignity for students at LHS; premarital sex, including homosexual behavior; community service; and leadership."

The district allows students in those groups to hold meetings during non-instructional time, be listed in the yearbook, participate in student club fairs, have access to an adviser, take club field trips, use the public address system and bulletin boards for announcements and participate in fund-raising activities and district funding for student clubs, according to the lawsuit.

However, "Defendants have denied, and continue to deny, Plaintiff the right to official recognition of the Bible Club at LHS, as well as all of the attendant rights, privileges and benefits equal to all other non-curriculum related clubs."

The lawsuit alleges violation of free speech and equal access requirements as well as viewpoint discrimination.

The school referred WND's request for comment to a public relations firm, which claimed the district is willing to provide "this group" with space to meet, but it "has not filed the proper application."

On the same day the new New York case was announced, Liberty Counsel, another prominent public interest law firm dealing with constitutional rights, announced a settlement of a similar case on behalf of Child Evangelism Fellowship against Cobb County School District in Georgia.

The district had a discriminatory policy that denied equal access to religious groups, and Liberty Counsel filed a case in January, requesting an immediate court hearing.

"As the hearing was soon approaching, the district agreed to settle the case and entered into a Consent Decree which the federal court approved on February 4th," Liberty Counsel said. "Under the settlement, the district will repay CEF the overcharged fees it collected for use of the facilities, pay attorney's fees and costs, and grant CEF equal access to district facilities, in terms of free use and time of use, as is granted to similar organizations."

"We are pleased that the school district responded quickly after the lawsuit was filed to settle this case," said Mathew D. Staver, founder of LC and dean of Liberty University School of Law. "Equal access is the law, and equal access means equal treatment in every respect. Equal access applies to use of the facilities, fees for use, the time of meetings and advertisements for the meetings. Good News Clubs are great for children. The children and the parents are the real winners in this settlement."

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 06, 2009, 11:53:44 PM »

Hello Pastor Roger,

Brother, I saw a news spot about Al Gore brainwashing children and telling them to ignore their parents. THIS MADE ME SICK AND ANGRY! Many entities want access to our children and grandchildren for the same purpose - GOVERNMENT INDOCTRINATION AND BRAINWASHING! Loving and caring parents are dangerous to the AGENDA OF WEIRDOS, and WEIRDOS ARE TAKING OVER OUR GOVERNMENT! They can't convince us with their BALONEY, so they will go around us to convince our children and grandchildren. As far as I'm concerned - NO THEY WON'T! I won't let them get away with it. Does GOD'S WORD speak about family members being given up and/or reported by other family members? YES! - These things will happen! This does not HINT that Christians should lay down and give up - JUST THE OPPOSITE! CHRISTIANS SHOULD STAND UP AND REFUSE TO SHUT UP! Further, our Biblical obligations to our children have NOT changed!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Ephesians 6:1-4 ASV  Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.  2  Honor thy father and mother (which is the first commandment with promise),  3  that it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.  4  And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but nurture them in the chastening and admonition of the Lord.

Proverbs 14:26-27 ASV  In the fear of Jehovah is strong confidence; And his children shall have a place of refuge.  27  The fear of Jehovah is a fountain of life, That one may depart from the snares of death.

Psalms 103:15-17 ASV  As for man, his days are as grass; As a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.  16  For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; And the place thereof shall know it no more.  17  But the lovingkindness of Jehovah is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, And his righteousness unto children's children;

Psalms 34:8-17 ASV  Oh taste and see that Jehovah is good: Blessed is the man that taketh refuge in him.  9  Oh fear Jehovah, ye his saints; For there is no want to them that fear him.  10  The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger; But they that seek Jehovah shall not want any good thing.  11  Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of Jehovah.  12  What man is he that desireth life, And loveth many days, that he may see good?  13  Keep thy tongue from evil, And thy lips from speaking guile.  14  Depart from evil, and do good; Seek peace, and pursue it.  15  The eyes of Jehovah are toward the righteous, And his ears are open unto their cry.  16  The face of Jehovah is against them that do evil, To cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.  17  The righteous cried, and Jehovah heard, And delivered them out of all their troubles.

Proverbs 22:6 ASV  Train up a child in the way he should go, And even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #699 on: February 07, 2009, 01:39:28 PM »

Marriage commissioner wants courts to reverse human rights tribunal decision on same-sex marriage
Canwest News Service
December 05, 2008

REGINA -- A Regina marriage commissioner who was found to have violated the Saskatchewan Human Rights Code for declining to perform a same-sex marriage three years ago is asking the courts to reverse the decision.

Orville Nichols, a marriage commissioner for 25 years, appeared in Court of Queen's Bench Chambers on Thursday seeking a judicial review of the decision that pits the rights of same-sex couples to be married against his religious beliefs not to be compelled to perform their civil marriage ceremony.

In May, a human rights tribunal ruled Nichols had discriminated against a gay couple when he refused to perform their marriage ceremony. The tribunal ordered him to pay $2,500 to the couple.

The Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission (SHRC) took the position Thursday that the case was not about religious freedom but about ensuring public officials do not discriminate against anyone because of sexual orientation.

"The argument presented by the commission was that Mr. Nichols was acting pursuant to a statutory appointment that required him to provide a government service,'' said SHRC lawyer Janice Gingell.

"Governments are required to respect the Charter which guarantees individuals' equality. The equality that M.J. was denied was for the service he didn't have (which) was his same-sex marriage being performed (by Nichols). The marriage commissioner declined to perform the same-sex marriage because it contravened his own religious views.

"The (SHRC) argues that when you are acting as a public official, your own views don't take precedence over the service that you are providing. So Mr. Nichols has the right to hold and act on his beliefs in all other aspects of his life but because governments have to provide non-discriminatory services in that particular scenario, his views can't take precedence over the service.''

Gingell said evidence showed that Nichols knew there were other marriage commissioners who could provide the service but it is not Nichols' service, it is a government-mandated service.

"My point is that whenever we experience discrimination, it doesn't matter that we can later deal with (a different marriage commissioner), a different store or take a different cab if we are disabled. The denial deprives us of the right to equality,'' she said.

The complainant M.J. and his partner B.R., who by tribunal order can only be identified by initials, were married in May 2005 by another marriage commissioner after Nichols, a devout Baptist, declined to perform the ceremony.

"It appears both of the parties had their rights upheld. M.J. received his same-sex civil marriage ceremony on the day he expected by a civil marriage commissioner and Nichols' religious rights were respected and he didn't perform the ceremony,'' said Nichols' lawyer, Mike Megaw.

"The arguments advanced on behalf of the appellant were that Nichols has a religious freedom. That religious freedom was recognized at the tribunal level that found that he had a sincere and genuine religious belief.''

Megaw added Nichols recognizes the complainant in this case has rights as well, in the form of the right to equality based on sex orientation.

"Because there is a clash of those rights, there needs to be a balancing of those rights. The way to balance those rights in Nichols' submission is to permit him to refrain from performing the same-sex marriage and continue on as a marriage commissioner,'' Megaw said.

Citing a recent Supreme Court of Canada decision, Megaw argued that if a religious official cannot be compelled to perform same-sex civil marriages (under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms) then neither can any other official.

"Because in a pluralistic society no one has better rights or more rights. We all have the same rights,'' he said.

Queen's Bench Justice Janet McMurtry reserved her decision.

Marriage commissioner wants courts to reverse human rights tribunal decision on same-sex marriage

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #700 on: February 07, 2009, 01:42:07 PM »

Churches Protest Sexual Festival At Hotel
Saturday,  February 7, 2009 8:19 AM
Video
Print Story
E-mail Story
WORTHINGTON, Ohio — Churches and area residents were upset about a sexual festival called "Winter Wickedness" taking place at a hotel on Friday and Saturday.

The event is being held at the Holiday Inn Columbus-Worthington, located on North High Street. Paper and trash bags covered the doors and windows of the hotel during the event, 10TV's Brittany Westbrook reported.

Dave Daubenmire, of Pass the Salt Ministries, was among the people trying to stop the event from happening.

"The fact that they would bring it into a public venue, not in the privacy of a hotel room but out in a conference room where the next day there could be a banquet in that room or people coming there with their children," Daubenmire said.

Winter Wickedness acknowledged those issues. In the event rules, participants were reminded to respect those who may be offended by the activities and given cleanup instructions.

Opponents of the festival notified Columbus Public Health.

"Once we reviewed the activities taking place we had some concerns and what are doing is our staff is actually on site," said Jose Rodriguez of Columbus Public Health.

The health department also sent a letter to the hotel, reminding the facility about Ohio's laws regarding body piercing and proper disposal of infectious waste, Westbrook reported.

Alliance Hotels & Resorts, which owns the Holiday Inn, decided to maintain the reservation. In a statement to 10TV, Alliance said, "The Holiday Inn brand did not endorse nor approve the reported activities associated with this group. The property has taken every measure to isolate the group to a limited area."

Opponents tried to stop the event with e-mails and phone calls, but Alliance Hotels & Resorts decided to stick to its contractual obligation, Westbrook reported.

A representative for the event spoke to 10TV by phone. She said it is a social and educational event and they brought along their own security to ensure that other guests and employees are not exposed to any of the activities. She also said they do strict checks to make sure no one is under the age of 19.

Churches Protest Sexual Festival At Hotel

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 07, 2009, 07:15:09 PM »

The times are rapidly getting more evil. Things are headed toward everyone having rights - EXCEPT DECENT PEOPLE AND CHRISTIANS.

We are also watching a list of huge changes happening all at once with the ABOMINATION. This should be easy to figure out. There is going to be a parade to PRISON, but nobody knows how many or when. A good percentage of the CRIMINAL PARADE should be PUBLIC OFFICIALS - so-called servants of the people and defenders of the CONSTITUTION.

Brothers and Sisters, putting these people in charge of banking, our tax dollars, and our healthcare is INSANE! What is it going to take to make the vast majority of the public WAKE UP and realize how INCOMPETENT our leaders and representatives are? They are the ones who caused our current problems, so it doesn't sound logical that they would be trusted to solve the same problems they tried so hard to create over much more than 8 years. In other words, they can't blame the current problems on Bush. The machinery for failure and collapse was working in 1988 or before. These same people have a public approval rating in the single digits, so are we really optimistic that they're going to fix anything other than their own wallets? Let's get real and wake up!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #702 on: February 08, 2009, 12:31:47 AM »

Camps of San Diego County, California - A Crime Against Humanity inside the U.S.A.

The articles here below describe one of the largest known child and youth sex trafficking cases in the United States to date.  In one of several related cases, hundreds of Mexican girls between 7 and 18 were kidnapped or subjected to false romantic entrapment by organized criminal sex trafficking gangs.  Victims were then brought to San Diego County, California.  Over a 10 year period these girls were raped by hundreds of men per day in more than 2 dozen home based and agricultural camp based brothels.    

A Latina medical doctor employed by a U.S. federal agency provided condoms to the victims for years, and was told by her supervisors not to speak out and organize efforts to rescue the victims.  This doctor was ordered under threat of legal action to keep quiet about the mass victimization of children in "rape camps." 

When a joint FBI, INS and San Diego Sheriff's raid was finally organized and executed, ten years after local law enforcement first learned about local trafficking, many of  the criminal traffickers and johns escaped.  The 50 johns and traffickers who were captured were later released when the intimidated child victims refused to accuse their enslavers.  Most of the victims were then deported to Mexico without being provided with any victim services.

A number of murdered immigrant teen girls have been found in San Diego, possibly linked to trafficking rings.

The San Diego child sex trafficking case continues to evolve.  In June, 2003 one of the key trafficking ringleaders was convicted of a charge that would bring him 18 months in jail.  The rural rape camps continue to exist and were filmed by a local TV station (see below).

The San Diego Sex Trafficking Case deserves the full attention of the criminal justice system, social service providers and victim advocates.  Previous to the notoriety of this case, anti-trafficking advocates noted that some concerned members of Congress and other decision makers would ask "if 50,000 enslaved persons are trafficked into the U.S. each year, where are they?"

That question still needs to be researched and answered on a national basis.  In the present, the San Diego case provides the "smoking gun" that documents the true horror of the Latin America to U.S. trafficking crisis. 

The San Diego case represents a large tip of the national trafficking 'iceberg,' and this case must be addressed with aggressive legal zeal.  The San Diego child sex trafficking case is a true abomination in the eyes of the creator and in the eyes of the entire the human race! 

Failure to deal with this case effectively will send a clear  message to traffickers that the U.S. does not care about the lives and mass-rape of the hundreds of 7 to 18 year old girls who have been, and are today, victimized in this international criminal enterprise.  To accomplish an end to such trafficking, cross-cultural compassion and an end to anti-immigrant hostility in U.S. society will have to take place.  Otherwise, such hostility and apathy will allow  traffickers to continue their criminal violence against these victimized women and children with impunity.

I can't post the link because of solicitation.

The times are rapidly getting more evil. Things are headed toward everyone having rights - EXCEPT DECENT PEOPLE AND CHRISTIANS.

We are also watching a list of huge changes happening all at once with the ABOMINATION. This should be easy to figure out. There is going to be a parade to PRISON, but nobody knows how many or when. A good percentage of the CRIMINAL PARADE should be PUBLIC OFFICIALS - so-called servants of the people and defenders of the CONSTITUTION.

Brothers and Sisters, Let's get real and wake up!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 12:33:44 AM by DreamWeaver » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 08, 2009, 01:37:47 PM »

DreamWeaver Said:
Failure to deal with this case effectively will send a clear  message to traffickers that the U.S. does not care about the lives and mass-rape of the hundreds of 7 to 18 year old girls who have been, and are today, victimized in this international criminal enterprise.  To accomplish an end to such trafficking, cross-cultural compassion and an end to anti-immigrant hostility in U.S. society will have to take place.  Otherwise, such hostility and apathy will allow  traffickers to continue their criminal violence against these victimized women and children with impunity.

Starting at AGE 7!!

Brother Bob, what kind of barbarians would do something like this? I need to get my mind on something else, so this is all I'd better say. I know these offenders will answer to GOD! I can't stand the thought of the horror these children were put through.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #704 on: February 18, 2009, 09:17:02 AM »

Student Sues L.A. College Over Right to Give Anti-Gay Marriage Speech

Monday , February 16, 2009

LOS ANGELES —
A Los Angeles college student is suing his school, saying he was deprived of his right to freedom of speech.

Jonathan Lopez says a public speaking professor berated him in class for making a speech opposing same-sex marriage. He says the professor wouldn't allow him to finish and called him a "fascist."

Lopez is represented by the Alliance Defense Fund, a Christian legal organization. In a letter to the group, the dean says she considers the complaint "extremely serious in nature" and has begun a disciplinary investigation.

But the dean also wrote that two students were "deeply offended" by the speech. She quoted one as saying "this student should have to pay some price for preaching hate in the classroom."

Lopez made the speech at Los Angeles City College in November, days after the passage of Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriage in California.

Student Sues L.A. College Over Right to Give Anti-Gay Marriage Speech
~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know someone of very great importance that is deeply offended by 'same-sex' marriage. Eventually everyone runs into someone who offends them. No where does it say that we are guaranteed not to be offended. People act like it is the worse thing ever. They need to grow up.

This professor and the gay lobby are actually the ones who are intolerant and a bunch of bullies to boot!!

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the