Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:49:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Who wants to militarize space?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who wants to militarize space?  (Read 3075 times)
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 02:16:20 PM »

What i heard was that they can launch it into orbit like a satelite,
and then have it re-enter our airspace and detonate it?
I'm not into all this, It's just something that i've heard about..
You all seem to know alot about it, Thank You
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 02:20:31 PM »

Yes, that is pretty much they way it works but we have the technology to "see" such a weapon being launched from it's launching pad and knowing approximately where it is going and being able to track it along it's path.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 02:49:32 PM »

Yes, that is pretty much they way it works but we have the technology to "see" such a weapon being launched from it's launching pad and knowing approximately where it is going and being able to track it along it's path.

But, do we have the capability to stop it once it re-enters over us?
I don't think we have the same tech as china does, able to shot satellites out of their orbit,Or do we?
IF not, that means we would have to try and shoot it down once it re-enters and that would be to late...
I'm sorry i'm not trying to keep this going, just trying to get all the bugs out...

Hopefully you guy's are right and our Gov. has thought of all this stuff,
with our Gov. track record though i doubt it!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2007, 03:01:06 PM »

Yes we do have interceptor missiles that can intercept a missile in the upper atmosphere. We have the patriot missile for one that has taken great strides in it's capabilities.

A little more on the EMP protection.

Electrical equipment is "hardened" to protect itself from an EMP. The basic concern of protection is cutting down the outside EMP level. Metallic shielding (such as a Faraday Cage) is used to route EMP fields away from vital electrical components. Multiple shielding is sometimes used for extra protection. Individual components are designed to withstand higher bursts. If it is also connected to a cable, transient protection like surge protectors, wire termination procedures, screened isolated transformers, protective enclosures, spark gaps, and filters are used to protect at the point of entry.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2007, 03:12:20 PM »

Yes we do have interceptor missiles that can intercept a missile in the upper atmosphere. We have the patriot missile for one that has taken great strides in it's capabilities.

Electrical equipment is "hardened" to protect itself from an EMP. The basic concern of protection is cutting down the outside EMP level. Metallic shielding (such as a Faraday Cage) is used to route EMP fields away from vital electrical components. Multiple shielding is sometimes used for extra protection. Individual components are designed to withstand higher bursts. If it is also connected to a cable, transient protection like surge protectors, wire termination procedures, screened isolated transformers, protective enclosures, spark gaps, and filters are used to protect at the point of entry.

Speaking of "having no idea what you just said"......

Let us fight the good fight!
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2007, 03:17:37 PM »

Wow you know alot on this thanks...
I knew of the patriot missles but some of the other stuff, cool, there barking up the wrong tree then, huh?
AMEN!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2007, 03:20:21 PM »

Speaking of "having no idea what you just said"......

That's alright. Sometimes I don't either.   Cheesy Cheesy

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2007, 03:22:55 PM »

Wow you know alot on this thanks...
I knew of the patriot missles but some of the other stuff, cool, there barking up the wrong tree then, huh?
AMEN!

Only because I used to work with a lot of this equipment.

They can still cause a lot of problems for the U.S. but as I said it would be in the civilian area. That alone would cause a lot of chaos and an economic disaster.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2007, 04:36:48 PM »

China plans to launch space station Wed Nov 7, 5:47 AM ET

BEIJING - China said its lunar probe had entered its final orbit around the moon Wednesday, but an official backed away from reports of launching a space station by 2020.

The probe — called Chang'e 1 after a mythical Chinese goddess who flew to the moon — made final adjustments at the end of a two-week journey and entered its final working orbit of 125 miles from the moon Wednesday where it will explore its surface for the next year.

The first photo of the moon should be sent back later this month, officials said. By early next year the probe will have measured the whole surface of the moon at least once, officials said.

China attaches great prestige to its ambitious space program, seeing it as a way to validate its claims to being one of the world's leading scientific nations. The country has sent astronauts into space twice in the past four years and launched its moon probe about a month after rival Japan. In 2003, China became only the third country in the world after the United States and Russia to send a human into orbit.

But officials denied state media reports Wednesday that China was planning a space station by 2020.

"So far, according to the plans already published, there are no plans for a space station," Li Guoping, spokesman of the China National Space Administration, said at a news conference.

The China Daily newspaper, said China's planned space station would be "a small-scale, 20-ton space workshop," quoting Long Lehao, a leading designer of the Long March 3A rocket that carried the Chang'e 1 into space.

Chinese space officials have said previously they wanted to build a space station in the next 10 or 15 years, but the target date of 2020 was the first time a schedule has been made public, Long told China Daily.

The report did not say how many people the station would be able to hold. But its weight is about one-tenth that of the International Space Station, which currently has six people on board.

The probe's launch raised the prospect of a space rivalry between China and Japan, with India possibly joining in if it carries through on a plan to send its own lunar probe into space in April.

But Chinese officials have played down talk of a space race, saying Beijing wanted to use its program to work with other countries.

Li said China was willing to participate in the International Space station, joining the 16 countries involved.

China has not participated in the project in part because of U.S. unease about allowing a communist dictatorship a place aboard.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 12:59:54 AM »

Inflatable Moon Base Prototype Heads to South Pole Jeremy Hsu
Staff Writer
SPACE.com
Thu Nov 15, 6:45 PM ET

An inflatable habitat designed for explorers on the moon or Mars is headed for an Antarctic test run, NASA said Wednesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

The habitat – built by ILC Dover and resembling an inflatable backyard bounce for children – will make its South Pole debut early next year. NASA demonstrated the inflatable prototype on Wednesday at ILC Dover's Frederica, Del., facility.

"We deflated [and inflated] it in about ten minutes," said Larry Toups, habitat lead for NASA's Constellation Program Lunar Surface Systems Office, in an interview.

Toups and several other habitat designers from NASA's Johnson Space Center and ILC Dover will attempt to deploy the structure in the Antarctic this coming January. Their goal: to use just four people and deploy everything in four hours. Working in bulky cold weather gear will also make the deployment more analogous to the challenges facing astronauts clad in cumbersome spacesuits on the moon.

The habitat prototype will eventually serve as a multilayered test platform for new technologies such as health monitoring systems, self-healing materials, and protective radiation materials. When not inflated, the habitat can save on space and weight during transportation. It's just one of several models, including another prototype that stands on eight legs and has two pressurized cylinders connected by an airlock door, under scrutiny by NASA engineers.

Other researchers at McMurdo Station in Antarctica will use the inflated habitat as a staging area from January 2008 to February 2009, allowing the designers to monitor its performance using human reports as well as data from embedded sensors. NASA and the National Science Foundation hope to learn how the habitat material behaves in a cold environment and how well the structure retains heat and atmosphere.

Toups said the field demonstration will show that the structure can be "packaged in a small volume" but still "expand to a usable, habitable volume," even in an extreme environment. If NASA likes what it sees, a second or third generation inflatable habitat could deploy to the moon as early as 2020, with four-person crews making weeklong trips to get a lunar base operational.

The U.S. space agency is not alone in considering inflatable living modules. A private company, the Las Vegas, Nev.-based Bigelow Aerospace, has already launched two inflatable modules into Earth orbit in anticipation of assembling a new space station by 2012.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the