Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:33:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286810 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Driver's Lic. for Illegals
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Driver's Lic. for Illegals  (Read 2175 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2007, 10:58:50 AM »

I'm watching FOX news this morning and evidently Sillery Clinton has finally made up her mind that she is for giving Illegals driver's licenses.
So these guys are debating what they consider to be the pros and cons of this issue.
Pros: Illegals will be documented and we can keep better track of them. IE: the terrorists group.
Cons:  Having a lic. does not make them good drivers, can't afford car insurance, could conceivably obtain voter registrations

What say you?

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 11:14:00 AM »

It's giving rights to those that are breaking the law, making it easier for them to continue breaking the law. Yes, voter registration will follow and this is exactly what the democrats have wanted. It will just spread the ability of illegals in the voting process which some have already participated in.

Let's just open up the country to any and all non-citizens to tell us what this nation should be doing.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

That is exactly what the liberals want anyway.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 12:00:10 PM »

Precisely!  Not only that, and I don't know about where you live, but here in Seattle we are already hindered in traffic with folks that may be here legally but they are not citizens of the U.S. and certainly CAN'T drive!
Just recently in the grocery store parking lot that I was trying to get out of, a "taxi" driver was trying to come in the wrong the way.  It was a standoff for sure, but guess who won?  I DID!  (That is just a small "for instance").

Sign me: "Stubborn" Grammyluv!  Cheesy

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 12:35:14 PM »

We have a lot of illegals here since the state started making it a safe haven for illegals. They have passed many laws that benefit illegals and the governor is pushing for me. IL doesn't stand for Illinois anymore it stands for the state of Illegal safe haven. IL's crime rate has increased 10x in the last six months. Vehicle accidents are up also. I live on a one way street. We used to get maybe one person each month that would go the wrong way on it even though it is clearly marked on both ends as being one way. It is also clearly marked in a number of places as being a 20 MPH zone. Most of the city streets here are 35 MPH but this street has a lot of blind parking spots along it and a lot of children. In the last six months the wrong ways have increased to three or four a day with them traveling at 40 MPH or better. I can't prove it but it does appear that the majority of them are not local citizens.

There are at least 12 food pantries in town that I am aware of. In the last six months these food pantries have been really strained with some of them running out of food. Not all of them requires identification of any sort. The ones that don't require ID are now having really long lines every time they are open. I took 4 bushels of tomatoes to one from my sisters garden as she had an excess of them this year. All 4 bushels were gone in a couple of hours. Last year I did the same thing and it took several days to give them out and I still had a bushel to take back home.

Another problem is the housing market. There used to be plenty of places to rent and the average rent was only $300.00 a month for a 2 bedroom apartment. Now it is almost impossible to find an opening and the average rent has gone up to $800.00 a month. Jobs have also become a problem. Many of my neighbors rely on seasonal work, fast food restaurants and other temporary work just to get by. All of these jobs have become scarce leaving many without work and unable to pay the bills.

I live in government housing. Those that can't pay the rent get a reduced rent based on their income. Because of this there are more that can't pay the rent. To cover this they have raised the rents dramatically on those of that can.

The ball is rolling and it's getting bigger and faster the further it goes.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 12:58:55 PM »

Boy do I know what you mean about affordable housing!  I pay $800 a month myself, but most of it is higher than that!  And that's for a 1 bedroom!  My daughter and her husband have 2 bedroom in the same complex and their rent is over $1,000 a month!  And there is nothing left to rent either in this area because of Microsoft.  At Microsoft, native born Americans are the minority of employees.  Most are from India and Asia with a scattery of English, German etc.  and then us.
Unless you live way out you won't find housing around here.  And if you live way out you are spending your wages on gas which is over $3.00 a gallon and a whole lot of time in grid-lock!  So what do you do.  It's a mess.  And they want to give illegals driver's lic's?  You can't get anywhere as it is!  And I agree that is the least of the situation.  If they get voter's reg's then you can forget about little we Christian's have as rights.  The push for Muslim (and etc) rights is already gain too much speed.
I could go on an on, blah blah, blahitty blah but you already know.
Grammyluv

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 01:08:06 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Yes, I am sure that there is a whole lot more that can be said about this and most of it would be in the negative. All of this and more is the very reason that Christians need to get to work and that these politicians supporting all this needs to go out of office.

Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 01:54:58 PM »

I am very much against this "open door" policy the US seems to have. "Come on in; everyone's welcome. We'll fit you in somewhere and even give you a job or welfare. We would never expect you to work a minimum wage job. Americans can do that. The taxpayers won't mind supporting you. We're all rich here anyway and can afford it. You won't be any burden at all."

We can barely feed the people we already have with an untold number going hungry and destitute, but we continue to let anyone and everyone in and even give them financial help, teach them to fly airplanes so they can steal them and crash them into buildings full of people. Now we want to give them a driver license when they're not even citizens? When will someone wise up and stop this foolishness?

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 01:36:14 PM »

In 2002 we were living in upstate NY. It was time for my husband to renew his drivers license. Would you believe that the DMV would NOT use his Active Duty Military ID  as a form of ID to prove who he was?!  And now they are letting Illegals to get one! Btw.... he wrote to our Congressman and got THAT rule changed!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 02:21:41 PM »

Btw.... he wrote to our Congressman and got THAT rule changed!

Alright! That's great. At least they did one thing right.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 02:53:37 PM »

Hi Everyone,
My Ssgt told me back in 1980, that this kinda stuff would happen & that people would be running thru OUR streets with their FLAGS demanding rights & that one day THEY would have the MAJORITY(THEM & LEFTWING GROUPS) and VOTE Every GOD fearing American OUT of office and then were DONE as a United Country & that this would cause a War within OUR Country!

I've watched OUR Country becoming exactly what he said it would become...
I'm Glad I Live in the Middle of the Desert that is overflowing with water!
ALL's we can do as Christians is keep on Keepin on!(keep trying) Grin
Your Loving Brother Duane
P.S
Good Job with the Congressman,
It's a SHAME that i would even have to say that!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 03:10:35 PM »

Your SSGT seems to be a wise man. Anyone with eyes though could see it coming even during the Viet Nam era. There was a lot of concern about Russia and the Cold War. I said then that when the U.S. falls it will be from within.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 04:17:00 PM »

Your SSGT seems to be a wise man. Anyone with eyes though could see it coming even during the Viet Nam era. There was a lot of concern about Russia and the Cold War. I said then that when the U.S. falls it will be from within.

Exactly what I've been saying.  Wink

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 06:00:43 PM »

One of the Best, He was a true Patriot of this Country...
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2007, 06:53:07 PM »

I said then that when the U.S. falls it will be from within.   

Oh!  Sorry Littleboy.  I'm sure that he was but this is what I was referring to.
 Embarrassed (egg on my face for not being clear.)

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2007, 07:22:43 PM »

Your SSGT seems to be a wise man.

Huh  It's Ok Sis,  Smiley Smiley Smiley
I was repyling to the Pastor comment above...
So I'm the one that is sorry, Because I don't even know what your sorry for? Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the