Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:40:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Answered Prayer (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Judo and College
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Judo and College  (Read 17124 times)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2003, 02:01:00 AM »

Unless he is like Sapph... then it is a WHOLE different story

Point!  Of course, my daughters are 5 and 2, so I think I'm safe for a little while yet.  I've got the dating scene covered though.  They can't.   Grin

Hahaha, you didn't have sisters, did you? Grin Yeah, the "You can't date till you are 30" thing was cute till about 13, then my sister would/does give my dad the ******** look. Why are chicks so cute when they are mad? It only makes them even more angery when you laugh, but you can't help it! Grin Enjoy these times. I have a 16 year old sister, ad you know those jokes about Teenage daughters? They arn't jokes... Undecided Wink

When I decide to let them court, I've got the claymore and the "castration" speech for their respective courters.   Grin  I may change later...may...

hahaha. We have the plan all worked out for when my friend newly born daughter gets to dating age. The Father and 4 of us, all in black suits and sunglasses, will force her boy into the back of the church, in a dark office. He will be sitting in a chair, facing away from the boy. He spins around and says in an Agent Smith voice "Mr. Anderson, how good of you to join us." With the other 4 of us around him, arms crossed. If the boy tries to say his name isn't Anderson, we only give him more of a hard time. We will play a little "Bad cop-bad cop" with him, who needs a good cop?

True story, when a friend of mine, Casey, went to go pick up his girlfriend, this being the first time he would meet her father, her father had all his guns out to clean them. I kid you not. Grin I sisters current boyfriend knows I'm into all kind of sport, sevreal of them Fighting arts, and my Father is a 21 year retired Army, who was in the Delta Force for 3 years, and was invited back twice. They arn't going to be doing anything anytime soon. Wink

I love the quote my Steve Martin on Father of the Bride  "You worry about them finding the the wrong guy who wants only one thing... and you know just what that one thing is, because you wanted that same thing at their age" Grin  

So, Allinall, what have we learned today:

1. Teenage girls are evil (Of course, you no doubt learned this as a teenager...)

2. Start collecting guns NOW Grin

Women, can't live with 'um... yeah, that about covers it. Wink
« Last Edit: December 30, 2003, 02:58:44 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2003, 02:16:13 AM »

*LOL*  Yup!  That bout covers all the bases!  On a serious note though, this staggers my mind at the responsibility God has laid on me to teach them how to respond righteously in every circumstance, in light of the God Who has given them all.  I can set rules (which in truth I've thought little about), but it's what I teach them before the rules that will make the difference.  "Like arrows in the hand of the hunter..."  Makes ya think.  Don't it "Mr. Anderson?" *L* Like that one.  May have to use it!

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2003, 12:49:03 PM »

I’d better have a few years before I have kids, but I can imagine. Good luck. We will all pray for you. For Gods grace on the whole family.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2004, 06:40:30 PM »

I heard one of the two hosts on CarTalk say his daughter hasn't spoken to him since she was eight years old.

Grin

Cool
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2004, 09:34:23 PM »

I wouldn’t let me marry one of my girls.

Very glad to hear that, Tibby... Roll Eyes

Amen, Allinall; what a great, wonderful burden God has given to parents to raise His little children!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the