Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:39:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  When thou Prayest...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: When thou Prayest...  (Read 2111 times)
Littleboy

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2007, 01:52:47 PM »

Matt.6:
5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, BEFORE ye ask him.

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

I've always thought that THIS prayer should be said in the morning?
Why: I thought it strange to ask God for my Daily bread and to keep me from Temptation & to Deliver me from Evil at
the End of the Day....
P.S
I Pray many times throughout the day & when needed...
I don't mean to imply that it must be done in the morning by anyone,
It's just MY OWN personal prefrence...
Did you know? The beginning of the sermon on the mount starts at Matt. 5 & they don't come down until the 8th Chapter?
Your Loving Brother Duane
Def

My Father, it is me your daughter, in Jesus.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 04:06:55 PM »

Brother Duane ,just want to share this with you.
when i awake at night right away i say our Father who art in heaven and so on,
 for those who can't , for those who are dying and no one to care for them
and i fall asleep again and a couple of hours later when i wake up again i do the same our Father who art in heaven( and it is not in  a matter of repetition it is a cry of mercy)
it is a habit that I ask God to forgive me of because ,it is done with love and i know that he understand.
 love to pray this prayer in my semi sleep.thank you Jesus for giving us your words to whisper to Our Father  with so much love
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever  .Amen
Love in Jesus .Def(';')byebye Littleboy

But to us There Is But one God,  the  Father, of  whom  Are  all  things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom Are all things and we by Him(1Cor 8:6  KJV)
I believe that Jesus died for my sins  was buried rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God Almighty interceding for me Amen
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 05:27:01 PM »

If its a habit Brother and you ask God to forgive you for doing it,
You must think it is wrong to do then?
And your also saying God will understand because you mean well...
And your right that will be for him to concider & judge(repetitive pray),
Remember his ways are not our ways & his thoughts are not our thoughts & he's the same as he has always been...
Have you ever had kids in the back seat that keep saying are we there yet, are we there yet? Cheesy
 And How annoying that is, So I dare not to do that to my God(Father)...
I'm not saying that your annoying God Brother,
Like you said God knows your Heart...
Godspeed Brother
P.S
If your own heart condemns you enough to ask God for forgiveness,you must stop it..
I say this out of Love...

Def

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 02:05:01 PM »

If its a habit Brother and you ask God to forgive you for doing it,
You must think it is wrong to do then?
And your also saying God will understand because you mean well...
And your right that will be for him to concider & judge(repetitive pray),
Remember his ways are not our ways & his thoughts are not our thoughts & he's the same as he has always been...
Have you ever had kids in the back seat that keep saying are we there yet, are we there yet? Cheesy
 And How annoying that is, So I dare not to do that to my God(Father)...
I'm not saying that your annoying God Brother,
Like you said God knows your Heart...
Godspeed Brother
P.S
If your own heart condemns you enough to ask God for forgiveness,you must stop it..
I say this out of Love...

i believe that God understand this situation because as a human when i slightly am awake, if i don't put my mind on God right away i might be thinking of some human coporal thing seeing that I am very discipline and sober and abstinent for the long period of time and still very normal ( that is why I pray my God  because  I am all there) .Satan might use theses moments of lack of stenght to seduce me..so trying to controle my attention on God contenstly my thought toward My God right away is a good thing and Jesus showed me the words to say Incas of temptations" and i use them How about you....Love in Jesus my brother your sister Def(+¸+)Praise the Holy name of Jesus Christ my Lord

But to us There Is But one God,  the  Father, of  whom  Are  all  things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom Are all things and we by Him(1Cor 8:6  KJV)
I believe that Jesus died for my sins  was buried rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God Almighty interceding for me Amen
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 02:43:10 PM »

Hi Sister Def,
You keep doing whatever it takes to keep your mind on God...
The world would be a better place if we all did that.
Myself, I pray The Lords Prayer in the morning, Then I'll worship in the quietness of my spirit & in the stillness
of my Heart, Glorifiying. Praising & give him Honor(amount of time flexuates)...
I've been known to read my Bible from early in the morning to early in the morning the next day...
I like to read a book at a time, not this verse then that one or this chapter then that one.
So all that, and with my family and CU(ChristiansUnite),that keeps my mind on God pretty much all day....
I also try to imagine that the Lord is right next to me, and with that thought in my MIND it's kinda hard to do anything bad Smiley It takes time to get into the habit of doing it though...
Def

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 02:54:46 PM »

Hi Sister Def,
You keep doing whatever it takes to keep your mind on God...
The world would be a better place if we all did that.
Myself, I pray The Lords Prayer in the morning, Then I'll worship in the quietness of my spirit & in the stillness
of my Heart, Glorifiying. Praising & give him Honor(amount of time flexuates)...
I've been known to read my Bible from early in the morning to early in the morning the next day...
I like to read a book at a time, not this verse then that one or this chapter then that one.
So all that, and with my family and CU(ChristiansUnite),that keeps my mind on God pretty much all day....
I also try to imagine that the Lord is right next to me, and with that thought in my MIND it's kinda hard to do anything bad Smiley It takes time to get into the habit of doing it though...
thank you brother Duane Keep it up.
sister Def (+¸+)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the