Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:41:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Huckabee in GOP top tier
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Huckabee in GOP top tier  (Read 23356 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 11:31:56 PM »

Crisis Management

* You need to know that your President will calmly and confidently lift you up in a crisis. During the massive emergency of Hurricane Katrina, when local, state, and federal governments were in melt-down, I stepped forward and directed the rescue and relief of 75,000 victims. Our island of success in a sea of failure was one of the reasons Time magazine named me one of America's five best governors.
    * I will remove FEMA from the Department of Homeland Security and restore it to Cabinet status, so that the Director reports directly to me. My FEMA Director will have sterling credentials, including extensive, hands-on experience in disaster response.
    * I will reassess, tighten, and strengthen the focus and mission of the Department of Homeland Security. When the Department was formed, it brought together 180,000 people from 22 agencies, and its size and structure have proven to be unwieldy and inefficient.
    * I will address the many unresolved issues from 9/11, such as the security of our ports and our chemical plants. I will not allow the federal government to pre-empt stricter state standards enacted for your protection.

You need to know that your President will calmly and confidently lift you up in a crisis. During the sudden and massive emergency of Hurricane Katrina, I conceived and directed the rescue and relief of 75,000 people. As Governor, I had dealt with severe ice storms and tornadoes and other emergencies within Arkansas, but Katrina was a major national disaster, one of the worst in our history. The scale and scope of that undertaking was the type of challenge I will face as President, and I met that challenge. Even though these people were displaced by a hurricane, the results were the same as if Al Qaeda had blown up the levees, so it was experience relevant to coping with a terrorist attack as well.

Given the massive incompetence at all levels of government, it didn't take much for anybody to look good during Katrina, mere competence would have made me and the people of Arkansas look like heroes. But I never settle for competence, I demand excellence, and that's what we achieved. We had plenty of state facilities, like armories, that we could have used - big, cavernous, impersonal places - but to me that wasn't housing people, that was warehousing them. In looking for alternatives, I thought of our church camps and scout camps, which had just closed for the season, and I invited their leaders to my office to ask if they would re-open for us. Not a single one said no. They gave me the keys to their kingdom.

Over that Labor Day weekend, we raised an army of volunteers, and we had folks making up beds and sorting clothes and chopping vegetables and grilling meat. I'll never forget the mountains of toys and diapers, the flats of bottled water as far as the eye could see. The stream of buses was endless, but we were ready for them, ready with a hug and a teddy bear, a hot shower, a new wardrobe, an inviting buffet. I had a clear vision of how I wanted to welcome and care for these people: they were beyond hungry and thirsty and dirty and exhausted, they had been traumatized and dehumanized, treated like packages bouncing around a UPS truck, and we brought them back to life.

When Congress put FEMA in the Department of Homeland Security, they moved its Director too far down the food chain. I will restore FEMA to Cabinet status, so that the Director reports directly to me. My FEMA Director will have sterling credentials, the leadership and management skills required by a cabinet-level job, including extensive, hands-on experience in disaster response.

I will reassess, tighten, and strengthen the focus and mission of the Department of Homeland Security. When the Department was formed, it brought together 180,000 people from 22 agencies, combining tasks as diverse and unrelated as the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service from the Agriculture Department and the Nuclear Incident Response Team from the Energy Department. Its size and structure have proven to be unwieldy and inefficient. We need to create a leaner structure with a passionate esprit de corps dedicated to identifying threats and foiling attacks.

I will address the many security issues still unresolved after 9/11, such as the security of our ports and our chemical plants. If states choose even tougher standards to protect their people, I will respect their authority and not allow the federal government to pre-empt those standards. When New Jersey passed standards for its chemical plants, lobbyists for the chemical companies tried to get Congress to pass weak federal legislation for these plants and to pre-empt New Jersey from enforcing its stricter standards. I will always fight for you, not the lobbyists.

I have been tested, and I have proven my ability to provide creative, decisive, and effective leadership during a major catastrophe. My crisis management ability is one of the reasons Time magazine named me one of America's five best governors.

2nd Amendment Rights

* The Second Amendment is primarily about tyranny and self-defense, not hunting. The Founding Fathers wanted us to be
      able to defend ourselves from our own government, if need be, and from all threats to our lives and property.
    * Second Amendment rights belong to individuals, not cities or states. I oppose gun control based on geography.
    * I consistently opposed banning assault weapons and opposed the Brady Bill.
    * As Governor, I protected gun manufacturers from frivolous law suits.
    * I was the first Governor in the country to have a concealed handgun license.

No candidate has a stronger, more consistent record on Second Amendment rights than I do. Our Founding Fathers, having endured the tyranny of the British Empire, wanted to guarantee our God-given liberties. They devised our three branches of government and our system of checks and balances. But they were still concerned that the system could fail, and that we might someday face a new tyranny from our own government. They wanted us to be able to defend ourselves, and that's why they gave us the Second Amendment. They knew that a government facing an armed populace was less likely to take away our rights, while a disarmed population wouldn't have much hope. As Ronald Reagan reminded us, "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." Without our Second Amendment rights, all of our other rights aren't inalienable, they're just "on loan" from the government.

Other candidates say gun control doesn't affect hunting. Now I'm a very avid hunter, but the Second Amendment isn't really about hunting. It's about tyranny and self-defense. The Founding Fathers weren't worried about our being able to bag a duck or a deer, they were worried about our keeping our fundamental freedoms.

I once saw a bumper sticker that said, "Criminals prefer unarmed victims." Criminals will always find a way to get guns. By disarming our law-abiding citizens, we take away the strongest deterrent to violent criminals - the uncertainty that they don't know who is helpless and who is armed. Our law enforcement officials can't be everywhere, all the time. Lawfully-armed citizens back them up and prevent robberies, rapes, and the murder of innocents. Right after Katrina, with law enforcement non-existent, many victims were able to protect their lives, their homes, and their precious supplies of food and water only because they were armed.

Other candidates believe gun control should be determined geographically, but Second Amendment rights belong to individuals, not cities or states. Your Second Amendment rights don't change when you change your address.

Other candidates filed frivolous law suits against gun manufacturers. When I was Governor, I protected gun manufacturers from exactly those types of suits. I allowed former law enforcement officials to carry concealed handguns and removed restrictions on concealed handgun permit holders. I was the first Governor in the country to have a concealed handgun license, and of course I'm a lifetime member of the National Rifle Association.

Other candidates have supported banning assault weapons. When the federal ban on assault weapons expired in 2004, I said, "May it rest in peace." It won't be returning in the Huckabee Administration.

Zealously protecting your Second Amendment rights is another way that I will lift all law-abiding Americans up, by consistently championing your right to defend yourself.

cont'd

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 12:18:47 AM »

While I don't have any ability to see into the future I don't see this happening. It is my hope and prayers that Mike Huckabee can also beat out Giuliani as well as the others candidates. He has made it thus far with very little money backing him. I seriously do believe that he couldn't have made it this far without God behind him.

Hello Pastor Roger,

I agree completely with your statement that Huckabee couldn't have made it this far without GOD behind him. He doesn't have the money to buy and grease folks, and he probably wouldn't if he did. After considerable thought, prayer, and reading this thread I've decided that Huckabee is my choice - not for Vice President - For President!

I've wanted to decide early so I can properly give some support. It appears that Mike Huckabee is a Godly man who is completely qualified, able, and talented. I think that Christians will get behind him and try to make sure that he at least has the money for some campaign literature and advertising. He has gotten to this point in the race with almost nothing but Christian qualifications and hard work. He will need some help, and we should give it to him. I plan to do just that.

I like his stance on everything I've heard so far. I doubt very seriously that any other candidate is going to come close, and I'm certainly not going to hold my breath for a third party candidate. Mike Huckabee will need our prayers and support to make it. If it's GOD'S Will, Mike Huckabee will make it!

Love In Christ,
Tom

KEEP LOOKING UP!!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 12:32:15 AM »

He will definitely be getting all the support that I am able to give to him also.

Mike Huckabee will need our prayers and support to make it. If it's GOD'S Will, Mike Huckabee will make it!

Amen!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 03:48:16 AM »

So be it then,
Mike Huckabee it is!
For Pres. NOT Guilliani's Vice!
If not I wont be voting anymore!
I'll just kick back and wait for the Wrath of God to come down on all those that Love the wages of Sin & vote
to continue it!
Your Loving Brother Duane
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 08:07:07 AM »

Did anyone see him the other night on Fox news with Bill O'riley?

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 08:16:35 AM »

Hello Brother Duane,

I understand how easy it is for Christians to become discouraged with all of the evil things going on around us every day. However, I would say that it's certainly not time for Christians to sit down and be quiet. We shouldn't allow the devil to have a single thing without a fight. We might lose every battle, but CHRIST will win the war. I've always firmly believed that being silent is many times calling evil good, so I won't do it. LORD Willing, I hope and pray to stand up and remain standing until CHRIST comes to take us home. It will become more discouraging if these are the last days of this Age of Grace. I, for one, pray that all Christians keep standing and trying - regardless of how bad things get. I have children and grandchildren who have to live in this society, and they are Christians also. I will definitely stand up for CHRIST, but I will also stand up for my children and grandchildren. I'll just say "May GOD give all of us the strength and courage to do HIS Will until the last moment."

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 08:23:44 AM »

Did anyone see him the other night on Fox news with Bill O'riley?

Good Morning Sister Tina!

YES - I saw that interview and I was very impressed. I thought he was genuinely a good and Godly man with the courage to tell it like it is. I also recognized what I thought to be considerable talent. On top of everything else, his stance, record, and qualifications are excellent. I'm not hinting that he's perfect, but I think he's the best man that Christians will be proud to vote for.

Love In Christ,
Tom

KEEP LOOKING UP!!

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 02:51:19 PM »

Hi Everuone,
I will never give up on spreading the good news,
However, IF this Country does'nt turn back to God?
I WILL NOT SUPPORT HER ANYMORE!
Yes, I Love Bill O'
It's the only news i watch(FOX)
I do watch Glen Beck though!(CNN)
Good man of God
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 03:56:21 PM »

Poll: Evangelicals looking beyond GOP
AP - Wed Oct 31, 5:17 PM ET

WASHINGTON - More than half of white evangelical Republicans would consider voting for a conservative third-party candidate should the 2008 presidential race pit Hillary Rodham Clinton against Rudy Giuliani, a poll said Wednesday.
Republican field still up for evangelical grabs
Reuters - Wed Oct 31, 5:04 PM ET

DALLAS (Reuters) - White evangelical Protestants, a key support base for the Republican Party, still have not united behind a single candidate for the 2008 White House race, according to a new poll released on Wednesday.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 08:59:29 PM »

but I think he's the best man that Christians will be proud to vote for.

I hear ya there Brother Tom!  Grin

Let us fight the good fight!
ibTina
Gold Member

Keep your eyes on JESUS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2007, 09:24:39 AM »

Good Morning Sister Tina!

YES - I saw that interview and I was very impressed. I thought he was genuinely a good and Godly man with the courage to tell it like it is. I also recognized what I thought to be considerable talent. On top of everything else, his stance, record, and qualifications are excellent. I'm not hinting that he's perfect, but I think he's the best man that Christians will be proud to vote for.

Love In Christ,
Tom

KEEP LOOKING UP!!

I must admit that I  was puzzled/bothered by his answers to the question that Bill ask him in regards to other Religions going to Hell or not since they do NOT believe in Jesus. He danced around it ( his answer)  and said something like "they will have to find their own way to Heaven" ( something like that ). Why he just didn't say what he really believes'

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2007, 10:20:49 AM »

I must admit that I  was puzzled/bothered by his answers to the question that Bill ask him in regards to other Religions going to Hell or not since they do NOT believe in Jesus. He danced around it ( his answer)  and said something like "they will have to find their own way to Heaven" ( something like that ). Why he just didn't say what he really believes'

Because Sister Tina, although he is a good and God fearing man, it is still "Politics" and to get into office and do some good he has to get the votes of not only Christians but of as many others as he can.  To be more radically clear now would be political suicide for him.  They all "dance" but that's the game.  I just hope he "dance" long enough to get in the running!  Cheesy
Someone else could probably give you a more clear and precise reason but that is the "Reader's Digest" version.
In Christ,
Yvette

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2007, 10:22:01 AM »

Huckabee did dance around that answer somewhat as well as a few others. Basically he was saying that everyone had to make up their own minds and hearts as to what the truth is and that he was not going to try to shove his beliefs down other peoples throats. That as president he would not be trying to force a Theocracy onto the people.

As a minister he can preach the whole word of God, telling people what is right or wrong. As a president he must walk a narrower line. Although our country was based on Christian principles it is not and never was a Christian theocracy. One of those principles is that people are given the free will to determine their own spiritual path.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2007, 08:46:15 PM »

Hello Sister Tina,

If we're talking about the same interview, I think that Huckabee may have taken this further than the limit. In fact, he was more specific than any other candidate for President I can remember in my lifetime - BY FAR.  I think the gist of the question was something like "Is there a single way to Heaven?" He did say that he believed faith in JESUS CHRIST was the only way to Heaven, but he realized others had different beliefs and he wouldn't be forcing his beliefs on anyone.

I don't think that any Christian candidate has ever been asked questions this pointed and specific about faith, and I don't think that any candidate has ever given such a specific answer. Huckabee went far enough to put a BIG target on his back for the Godless LEFT to shoot at. If I remember right, the dancing part involved him saying that others had different beliefs, and he wouldn't be condemning them or trying to force his beliefs on anyone. I think that I do remember right. It's possible that there is a transcript of this interview on Bill O'Reilly's web site or the Fox News web site. I've heard about transcripts, but I've never tried to use them. There is also some kind of "Premium Member" pay site for Bill O-Reilly, but I'm not a member. I can't afford stuff like this.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2007, 09:25:48 AM »

Bro Tom

That sounds like Huckabee.  He is very very good about keeping his religion out of his politics but letting everyone know that it is his faith that drives his decisions.  There was an interview where he was asked questions about evolution.  And he basically said that he does not believe in it.  He also said that even as President he could not remove it from school books or anything of that nature.  Not dancing around things, but being very truthful and quite insightful into the role he is seeking election too.

I personally believe that Huckabee is being asked questions unlike any other candidate in history.  Personal questions that truly have no bearing on the office he seeks.  And so far I have seen him take those questions and provide an answer as well as show that they have no relevance on the office at hand. 

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the