Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:09:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  California Fires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: California Fires  (Read 7376 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2007, 06:36:05 PM »

California Was Set On Fire On Purpose
At least four of the sixteen big fires that devastated the south of California were caused on purpose.

American federal agents have evidence that the fires in Orange, Riverside, San Diego and San Bernardino counties were caused on purpose.

San Bernardino city police, after a chase and shooting, killed a man who was caught in the act of starting a fire. Also a motorcyclist “equipped with arson materials”  was arrested in the county. He was caught by the police while they were patrolling the rural hills in the area of San Bernardino mountains.

The Orange County police officers helped the FBI investigators secure the area east of Irvine, where typical signs of deliberate arson were found, that is, three distinct ignition points at a short distance one from the other.

Investigation teams are in the field in search of evidence that could lead to information about the person who is responsible for starting the fire that devastated 19,200 hectares in the Santiago Canyon and caused damage of over 10 million dollars, special agent of the ATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives) Susan Raichel said.

According to official information from the Riverside County, the fire was caused on purpose there as well.

The fires destroyed more than 1,500 houses in the last days, and the biggest damage was caused in San Diego where at least 1,200 houses burnt down, which will cost insurance companies over a billion dollars.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2007, 06:53:23 PM »

San Bernardino city police, after a chase and shooting, killed a man who was caught in the act of starting a fire.

Who is from Arizona..... Cry

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2007, 08:19:05 PM »

Thanks Pastor Roger.  This is the first update I've seen on this today.  I'm glad they caught at least one arsonist alive.  It will be interesting to hear his story if and when that comes out.

Who's from Arizona?  quote by Dreamweaver.

Well you already know that I spent some time down there years ago in Dateland.  What area are you in?

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2007, 08:27:32 PM »

Thanks Pastor Roger.

You're most welcome.

Who's from Arizona?  quote by Dreamweaver.

He was talking about the person that was killed by the police. Russell Lane Daves, the suspected arsonist, was from Topock, AZ.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2007, 08:53:10 PM »

You're most welcome.

He was talking about the person that was killed by the police. Russell Lane Daves, the suspected arsonist, was from Topock, AZ.
Roll Eyes
Oh!  Must've missed that part.  A little tired tonight.  Worked until 1PM and then went to downtown Seattle for a 2 hour interview!  It's not even 6pm, I'm sitting at the computer and watching Bill O'Rielly and already thinking about my cozy grammy bed!
Ya know I'm only 50, so I play up the "grammy" bit a little.  I do love being a grammy but I sure don't "feel" like one!  Well except tonight that is.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2007, 09:49:52 PM »

Well you already know that I spent some time down there years ago in Dateland.  What area are you in?
The White Mountains.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2007, 11:00:07 PM »

The White Mountains.

That must be up north?

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2007, 11:51:40 PM »

That must be up north?

Outside of Show Low.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2007, 01:51:18 AM »

I used to go fishing & camping on White river, I love Show Low...
Man, it's been about 35 yrs since i've been their...Beautiful place Brother!
DreamWeaver: I live on the Colo. river in AZ., well not on it, but it is a stones throw away.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2007, 08:22:12 AM »

(CNSNews.com) - Republicans in the House of Representatives on Thursday accused Democrats of using the fires burning in Southern California as a distraction so they can reintroduce a contentious children's health care bill.

Democratic leaders in the House have scheduled a vote on the bill for Thursday afternoon. The bill had already passed, but supporters were unable to override President Bush's veto of the reauthorization and $35 billion expansion of the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP).

Republicans, however, argued that some of their members have returned to their home districts in and near Southern California, where wildfires have been raging for more than a week. They accused Democrats of trying to sneak the vote in with many members absent.

"Speaker Pelosi and the Democrat Leadership have decided once again to play politics with the SCHIP bill," John Stipicevic, floor assistant for Republican Whip Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) said in an e-mail to Republican staffers. "This time, they are politicking while many of our Members aid constituents during this difficult time."

Stipicevic said Democrats "should be ashamed at the process of this bill and we need to make it clear to them that we will not stand for this abuse."

In a statement released Wednesday, Blunt criticized House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) for scheduling "an important, and contentious, vote on SCHIP while these members are confronting serious issues at home - disenfranchising, in effect, a large segment of the most populous state in the union, and throwing into doubt the integrity of the vote."

Of the 13 Republicans representing Southern California districts, only Mary Bono voted for the reauthorization and expansion of SCHIP in September. The 12 who voted against the bill also voted to uphold Bush's veto.

All of the 18 Democrats representing Southern California supported the SCHIP expansion bill in September and again in the October attempt to override the veto.

Republicans have further complained that Democrats didn't provide them with copies of the 293-page bill until 7:57 pm Wednesday, less than 24 hours before the scheduled vote.

Republicans will attempt a number of procedural motions throughout the day in an attempt to delay the vote, according to a Republican aide. However, it is unlikely they will be able to prevent the vote from occurring altogether.

In a statement on the House floor Thursday, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) said Democrats won't delay the vote, because "the time left to us is very short."

"[T]o push this off to next week then pushes this off to the week following when the Senate can consider this legislation, which then pushes off to the last week we'll be here for presidential action," Hoyer said.

He called the objectives of members who returned home "understandable and appropriate" but said that "what is not appropriate is for me to be put in the position or anybody, who schedules on either side of the aisle, to be put in the position to have our legislative process stopped when we essentially only have a few hours left."

Spokesmen for Pelosi did not immediately respond to requests for comment Thursday. In a news conference Wednesday announcing the vote, Pelosi, who represents the Northern California city of San Francisco, did not mention the fires.

But she did call on Republicans to support the measure, which she argued is "supported by a bipartisan coalition, Democrats and Republicans across the country."

She said changes have been made to the bill which "clarifies the language on the claim that was made that people making $83,000 a year could receive SCHIP; that was patently not true, and it is clarified in the legislation that it is not so."

"It addresses who is eligible for the legislation and clearly defines eligibility and that does not include illegal aliens," Pelosi said. "They are not entitled to benefits. In fact, you cannot get benefits in our country unless you have been here for five years and legally so. The bill makes that very clear."

She said the new bill would "phase out" adults who are on the program, addressing a major concern for Republicans who pointed out that in some states, more adults were benefiting from the program than children.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2007, 08:47:41 AM »

I listened to the details on this health bill, and I thought it was ridiculous. They're wanting to give free children's health insurance to people making $82,000 a year and make us pay for it. My wife and I never made that much money, and we never got free health insurance. I have no big problem with the low income categories who can't afford health insurance, but we bought our own health insurance making less than half that much. SO, now we're going to be living on fixed incomes and still paying for our own insurance, but they want us to buy children's health insurance for people making more than double what we are?? They are insane.

Somehow I just don't think many loony-toons will be re-elected. I think that most folks have seen all they want. If we can't find any people with common sense to put in those offices, when can fill those offices with baboons and get much more intelligent representation. AND, the baboons would cause the morals, ethics, and IQ to double.   Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2007, 09:24:47 AM »

AND, the baboons would cause the morals, ethics, and IQ to double.   Grin

Grin Grin Grin

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2007, 09:42:31 AM »

I listened to the details on this health bill, and I thought it was ridiculous. They're wanting to give free children's health insurance to people making $82,000 a year and make us pay for it. My wife and I never made that much money, and we never got free health insurance. I have no big problem with the low income categories who can't afford health insurance, but we bought our own health insurance making less than half that much. SO, now we're going to be living on fixed incomes and still paying for our own insurance, but they want us to buy children's health insurance for people making more than double what we are?? They are insane.

Somehow I just don't think many loony-toons will be re-elected. I think that most folks have seen all they want. If we can't find any people with common sense to put in those offices, when can fill those offices with baboons and get much more intelligent representation. AND, the baboons would cause the morals, ethics, and IQ to double.   Grin

You're cracking me up!  And I agree with every word!  I make less than a third of that, and pay for my insurance, rent, food, gas, dry goods, clothes, etc, etc. and was in the same situation when it was me and two kids I was raising alone.
This is not a democracy at all.  It is not for the people and by the people.  It's all about "gimme, gimme, and gimme more and there's nothing you can do about it because we're not listening!"
If they would rearrange their own finances they could wipe out poverty and homelessness in an instant.
And as far as medical care, I know that it costs virtually pennies on the dollar (I worked in pharmacy for 16 years and did the purchasing) to make the medicine that everyone needs.  But it goes from the manufactures, to the wholesalers, to the pharmacies, to the people at an appalling cost increase with each step.  And the ones that take it in the behind is the elderly on medicaid, etc that need more and more meds as they get older.
Yes, monkeys could do a better job and we'd get a hug and a grooming too!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2007, 09:52:31 AM »

It is all about government control. Some people in government want to control the people instead of the other way around. Communism is the main goal. We can see this by the more laws that are made that control what is done inside a persons home. If people are completely dependent on the government then the government has more control. We also see this in the many statements made by people like H. Clinton, Pelosi and Reid.

A lot of people are falling for it and giving up their liberties for the reasons that you gave. "I want more and don't want to have to work for it" thoughts.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2007, 10:00:46 AM »

Communism is the main goal.

This was exactly my thought but was afraid to say it out loud.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the