Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:15:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  A House Divided cannot stand...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A House Divided cannot stand...  (Read 2614 times)
Littleboy

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2007, 05:05:27 PM »

I was raised a protestant(baptist) Fire & Brimestone!
As i grew-up i've seen how one denomination hates another!
And i know that all of them claim the lord as their saviour!
Well i was reading as usual:
And the lord spoke to my heart when i read this:
38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

40 For he that is not against us is on our part.

41 For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.

And this is what i remember of that conversation:
Cleave not unto the relegions of this world, By doing so you have divide yourself from your brethern,
If a Baptist you are divided against the ways of the Catholic, and if a Catholic you are divided against the
Protestants and if a Protestant you are against the morman and if a morman you are divided against the Jehovah's
Witness...
I believe your getting the picture...
So as for me I am a Brother to ALL that claim Jesus as there Lord and Saviour!
P.S
Please forgive me Lord, that was along time ago and i've forgotten just how it went..

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 05:56:28 PM »

Amen! This is not a debate as there is nothing here to debate. Jesus Christ is Lord and Saviour, by no other can one be saved. Those that know Him as Lord and Saviour all belong to one body. Denominations and denominational doctrines were made by man not by God. Jesus Christ is the head of that body (Church) not any man. It is His teachings (doctrine) that we should follow, not the doctrines of men.

It is for this reason that we do not do denominations here, it is Jesus Christ and His word that is presented here.

Jesus Christ said,
Mat 12:30  He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 11:10:19 AM »

This is not a debate as there is nothing here to debate.

I think Pastor Roger, that Littleboy put this here thinking that it could be a debate because of the mention of Mormons, Jehovah's Witness', etc. 
Making his posting in 'Debate' the correct place to do so.
As much as I love you and you being the reason, really, why I'm on the forums in the first place, because of your wisdom in so many areas, I have seen you "snap" at some so unnecessarily that I have to call you on it in love.
Please take this in love as it is meant to be.  And continue your good work as I love reading what you post here.

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 12:13:06 PM »

As Brother Tom has said many times it is difficult to read a persons meanings sometimes on a forum since there is no indication of the persons demeanor. There is no inflictions of words or viewing of ones facial expressions. I do tend to use very few words to get a point across thereby seeming to "snap". While I am far from being perfect, I am not snapping at individuals. Simply giving God's word and I don't mince words in doing so. I was not putting littleboy down for posting this here. If you would take note I did give him an Amen on it foremost and if you will notice I also left it here in the Debate section instead of moving it.

Yes, I noticed the statements on the Mormon's and JW's and chose to not comment on that directly although I did make a comment on it.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 12:18:15 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 12:43:59 PM »

No worries Pastor Roger.  Kiss  And it is so true that when typing and posting one cannot see another's demeanor or know what is going on in the others heart.  It is very tricky and one must take care.  No harm intended and I sincerely hope none taken.  Roll Eyes
In Christ,
Yvette.

Let us fight the good fight!
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 05:03:46 PM »

I'm sorry you guy's...
My demeanor was this:
I was sitting here crying at my pc,
Thinking about how Brother is pitted against Brother, Church against church!
You all might not know this, but im not to smart when it comes to this stuff.. Cheesy
Pastor Roger if you do feel it necessicary to move a post of mine, Please feel free to do so,
I seen the amen and i thank you for all your help Brother!
Grammyluv: Thanks Sister friend...
I love you all, That can't be misundrestood Smiley

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 05:37:05 PM »

Thank you for understanding. I didn't move it as I didn't feel it was necessary. This subject is the source of many debates. My intent was to say that it should not be as denominations are indeed a wall of dissent that has been placed up that should not be.

To expound just a bit on the status of Mormon and JW teaching on this forum just so that there is no confusion on this part of the subject. This is something that will not be debated here as those teachings are not Biblical. please note:

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=14805.0

There are a number of threads here already on Mormon and JW's and what is not Biblical in their teachings so I won't go into that here.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 06:36:00 PM »

I completely understand...
No harm intented Smiley
I just want everyone to know I love all of you who
claim Jesus as your personal saviour!
Their's not a denomination around that has'nt misenturpited the scriptures:
You can go to Church every week and see, Just what your NOT supposed to do!
That's why I don't have a Church to go too,
I REFUSE to follow the blind leading the blind,
IF im going to go to HELL, I'll go there on my own accord not someone elses,
Thank You...
And if i'm wrong about that, God will Judge my Heart on that Matter...
I hope this is a debateble subject? If not please move it where i should be..
Your Loving Brother Duane
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 10:36:00 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

We don't do denominations here, but we do have extremely simple beliefs that are the core of the GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD and the basis for our fellowship.

The BODY OF CHRIST isn't divided and it never will be for eternity. However, there are many outside of the BODY OF CHRIST, and the Bible makes it extremely simple to understand. I can give a couple of examples and it should be very easy for anyone to understand UNLESS they are outside of the BODY OF CHRIST.

1 - No Christian denies the absolute deity of GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT. The HOLY THREE are unique and eternal, yet the THREE ARE ONE. They are most commonly called the GODHEAD or the HOLY TRINITY.

2 - So, from the above, the three below statements are completely true:

• GOD THE FATHER IS ALMIGHTY GOD - THE CREATOR - with no beginning and no end.
  • GOD THE SON (JESUS CHRIST) IS ALMIGHTY GOD - THE CREATOR - with no beginning and no end.
  • GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT IS ALMIGHTY GOD - THE CREATOR - with no beginning and no end.

3 - JESUS CHRIST IS VERY GOD and HE died on the Cross for our sins. Our faith in JESUS CHRIST and making HIM the LORD over our lives is the only way to be Saved. No man comes to the FATHER but by HIM.

4 - There is no way for a man to save himself and no amount of work that can be done for anything. The law has never saved a single person, and it's impossible to be saved by the law. Salvation is only possible because of the Grace of GOD, the GIFT of a Perfect Sacrifice on the Cross to set us free from the curse of sin and death, and our acceptance of GOD'S GIFT by placing our faith in JESUS CHRIST and accepting HIM as our LORD and SAVIOUR.

This sounds very simple, and it is. If I was explaining this to a small child, I would use some different words, but small children can and do understand how to be Saved. YES - it is just this simple. God didn't intend Salvation to require degrees or high intellectual functions - just simple childlike faith in JESUS CHRIST, who HE is, and what HE did for us. In fact, GOD loves for us to come to HIM like a child would. After all, Christians are HIS Children.

Brothers and Sisters, nobody here points out false doctrines to be cruel - just the opposite. Many people have religion but not Salvation. We share the full-strength GOSPEL of GOD'S GRACE here because that's the only way to be saved. We are being kind and loving by pointing out those who don't belong to JESUS CHRIST. It would be cruel to do otherwise because we know where their path leads, and we also know that JESUS CHRIST is the only one who can rescue them.

I also want to post my favorite portions of Scripture that deal specifically with Salvation. See the next post:

Love IN Christ,
Tom

« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 10:45:35 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 10:38:57 PM »

GOOD NEWS!

1:  Romans 3:10 NASB  as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE; THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD; ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."

2:  Romans 3:23  NASB  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

3:  Romans 5:12  NASB  Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--

4:  Romans 6:23  NASB  For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

5:  Romans 1:18  NASB  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

6:  Romans 3:20  NASB  because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.

7:  Romans 3:27  NASB  Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.

8:  Romans 5:8-9  NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

9:  Romans 2:4  NASB  Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

10:  Romans 3:22  NASB  even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

11:  Romans 3:28  NASB  For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

12:  Romans 10:9  NASB  that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

13:  Romans 4:21  NASB  and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.

14:  Romans 4:24 NASB  but for our sake also, to whom it will be credited, as those who believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead,

15:  Romans 5:1  NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

16:  Romans 10:10  NASB  for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

17:  Romans 10:13  NASB  for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the