Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 03:53:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286810 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Did you know?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did you know?  (Read 7661 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2007, 09:35:50 AM »

Amen and AMEN!

Let us fight the good fight!
Rhys

The chief end of man is to glorify God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 09:50:58 AM »

The calendar has changed so many times since Jesus day that it would take a mathematician to calculate anything reasonably accurately. I've read Jesus could have been born anytime from 4 BC to 1 BC.

He told us we can't set exact dates for His return, though we can recognize the times and seasons. The way things are going in the world, it looks like it will be soon. The important thing is that we are busy doing what He wants whenever He returns.

My blog: http://rhys02.blogspot.com/
My website: http://tkrice.tripod.com/

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Member in good standing: Rednecks for Jesus
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 03:00:42 AM »

Hi Everyone,
I know that we're not appointed unto the wrath that is to come...(raptured)
I know some verses that sez so... I need no convincing
Born-Again(1974) And as you said God knows my Heart, and I'm content with that...
You do know that after the rapture, MILLIONS of people will turn to God and be Beheaded for refusing to take the mark of the beast?
If you read, you will see it's not the 2 witnesses that are bring people to God...
People are throwing a party because of their death's...The Whole World Hates Them!
ALL i was saying is that i have ASKED God & for his will to be done and if God see's it necessary
for me to stay, that would be OK?
Do you think they will allow you Web-Sites to exsist after that?
Bibles are to be burned, Goverment T.V,Control Control Control and Almost all the World will believe he is God on Earth,What need will their be for the word of God??? From Anyone!!!
The World is thrown into Tribulation, not just Isreal For playing the Whore and trusting in other nations instead of God as Ezekiel say's.
Soon all will see the hand of God & his Power and all knees shall become feeble and weak and many of your hearts shall fail you for what you shall see!
I don't mean you...
As you have said, God knows the Hearts and minds of men..
And each man is measured by his Faith...
Your loving Brother
P.S
I was'nt trying to set a date, just a cool fact: give or take +/- 4 years...
We will witness many things on Earth & in the Heavens right up to the point of the rapture, those things we will not escape..
The feirce wrath of GOD's Judgment(tribulation) & the day's of the Anti-Christ IS what we'll escape...

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 05:09:20 AM »

Hello Littleboy,

Most of us are pretty close in our thoughts about the Rapture. There are some who think that the Rapture happens after the start of the Tribulation or even later, and that's OK also. This is not a Salvation issue, and much of the material is very difficult. I have many brothers and sisters in Christ who believe that the Rapture happens at either Mid-Tribulation or Post-Tribulation. I have no problem at all with that difference and I understand the material they use to form their conclusions. The only Rapture positions that I have a big problem with are:  1) it already happened in 70 A.D.; or 2) there is no Rapture. Most Christians would easily understand and have the same problems whether they study Bible Prophecy or not.

You offered some interesting questions that I've thought about many times regarding what Christian materials might be left after the Rapture. The only thing that I know for sure is that GOD'S WORD will be preserved forever. Just as an opinion, I believe there will be tons of Christian materials for covert use regardless of what evil happens in the world. I could make some guesses regarding materials on computers and nets. I like thinking about the example that we already know that people in foreign countries use the materials on Christians Unite. They even use the messages on the forum for Bible Studies, and it makes me extremely happy that they do. Huge libraries can be stored on CD and DVD, and I'm positive that tons of them have been shipped around the world with excellent Christian materials on them in just about all languages.

Mankind has tried to destroy the Bible before, and it can't be done. Further, GOD promised that HIS WORD would be preserved. I really believe that it would be almost impossible to destroy Christian materials today, much less the Bible. e-Sword is another example that I love to talk about. It's free and many Christians have distributed it around the world in huge numbers and just about every language used by mankind. The only problem is that many of the Bible Study aids still need to be translated. Outstanding sermons, devotions, and Bible Studies have already been translated and distributed around the world. The cost of computers has dropped to the point that more and more computers are available around the world. Many generous Christian publishing companies have told us to copy and distribute all we want as long as no money is charged for it. Blank computer media these days is very cheap, so average people can copy and distribute GODLY materials easily. A cheap computer and printer can result in the distribution of whole libraries of outstanding materials for the cost of paper and ink. This is already happening, even in countries where possession of Christian materials can mean death.

Bluntly, I think that destroying Bibles and Christian materials is more impossible now than ever in the history of mankind. People could reproduce the material faster than it could be destroyed. Many might not have the nerve to do it, but the easy possibility would be there. We've also had missionaries give out tons of materials in almost every language. Translations of Bibles always come first, and I don't think there are any people in the world who don't have access to Bibles in their own languages. This does not hint that missionaries have everything they need or want in translated materials. There are MANY people working on the translation of all kinds of Christian materials as we speak. I would be talking about materials designed for all age groups also.

It makes me happy to know that there are armies of volunteer interpreters busy translating everything from Sunday School material to mature Bible studies. This is only possible because of many big hearted authors and publishing companies giving their permission and many times their assistance in doing what needs to be done. This also makes it possible for people of average means to help. As an example, I can't afford to buy and distribute 100 Bible Study packages a year, but I can afford to copy and distribute more than 100 on CDs. It's easier than ever for people of average means to provide outstanding Bible Study materials for large numbers of people.

I'll give you the gist of the copyright on one of my favorite Bible Study packages - e-Sword. It now has at least Bibles and basic tools in just about all languages, and the translated materials for it are growing by the minute. The packages are full in English and the most popular languages. By full, I would be talking about an amazing assortment of Bibles and materials to go with them. The copyright basically says to copy and distribute all you want but never charge a penny for it. It even urges anyone to report someone selling the materials. Millions of just e-Sword CDs have been distributed. I can only guess that it would be many millions. I think that the main distributor is up to over 2 million a year and each of those is copied for further distribution.

Love In Christ,
Tom

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2007, 08:30:39 AM »

They even use the messages on the forum for Bible Studies, and it makes me extremely happy that they do.

Wow!  This is really cool.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2007, 09:08:57 AM »

Hello Grammyluv,

I think that we found parts of Christians Unite copied in Taiwan and China. They were teaching a combination of English and Bible Study. If I remember correctly, we also have some missionaries in the Philippines using the forum to do the same thing. Whatever GOD can use anywhere - I give thanks! Many of us offered to send additional materials to them, but they evidently found everything they needed on the forum and elsewhere on Christians Unite. If you look at the left side menus, you'll see sermons, study aids, materials for children, and all kinds of things that are used every day. On top of everything else, Christians Unite distributes changing Christian materials to thousands of other web sites around the world every day. Nearly everything is FREE except advertising, and advertising pays the bills. In case the question comes up, all of the moderators are unpaid volunteers. It's just something that we can do for the LORD.

This is one of the exciting things about a forum. We average over 12,000 readers per day, and we really have no idea where they're from. We do have the promise from GOD that HIS WORD will never return void, and this is an example of that promise being fulfilled.

Love In Christ,
Tom

« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 09:10:32 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2007, 10:12:45 AM »

Well I think that is just wonderful and encouraging.  I guess my finite mind didn't travel that far.

Yes I have been all over the left side of the page for quite some time before venturing over here to the forums.  I have told all my friends and family about it and have the link to it on my website.  In fact I got my website made from a wonderful lady that I met on the blogs!

In Christ,
Grammluv

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2007, 02:14:28 PM »

Hi Brother Tom,
No question you are doing a great service for our God and his Son,
and im sure you have many treasures in Heaven for what you are doing, and God Bless You...
The Gospels etched in my Heart, they can burn all they want too...
China by the 100's are becoming Gods Children, Under the threat of being Killed,
I've asked my son before?
I WONDER how many christians in America or if he would remain faithful Christians under the same conditions?
GOD looks at America with DISGUST...
Their are millions of Christians and 1000's of Churches,
Yet, He see's so millions of his children doing without, Thirsty, Hungry, Naked, Sick, Homeless!
Our GODLESSNESS surpasses that of SODOM & all the other surrounding cities put together..
WE have the MAJORITY(christians), Yet we sit idley by and let godlessness take over our Country...
Not every Christian shall escape his wrath, and as you know not everyone that calls on the name of the Lord will be saved!
Matt 7:
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

1 Peter 4:
17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.
GOD help US! Your Loving Brother
P.S
My son will stay faithful, like me!
Let's all be doer's of the word Not just Hearer's...
The Rapture took place in 70 AD.??
How in the world did someone come up with that NON-sence??? OUGH BOY!!!!
Never mind Has to be Matt. 24
Man if people would read that alittle farther than no stones left upon one another they would read that Jesus said that, that was'nt the end YET, Remember now, he just told them about the destruction of the Temple
That did take place in 70 AD. By Titus...
And before he's done with what he's saying he gives them the parable of the FIG tree (ISREAL)
That is about it rebirth that took place in 1948! The Clock has started...

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2007, 05:45:58 PM »

Hello Littleboy,

The whole world is in a sad and evil way. However, there is still a host of Christians trying to do GOD'S Will. Christians Unite involves a lot of sweet Christians, and it's just one example.

With the increase of evil on every front, it would appear that Christians are losing the war, but we know that CHRIST will win the war. Our job is to keep standing up until JESUS comes to take us home. We should all know that things are going to get much worse because the Bible says it will.

Christians very simply need to pray continually that GOD will give us the strength and guidance to do HIS will until the last moment. GOD will handle the rest. There is no doubt at all that many call themselves Christians who don't know CHRIST. That's why our own part of the world is in just as great a need for the GOSPEL as any mission field. I know that many real Christians feel discouraged and beaten, but now is not the time to sit down and be quiet. It's time to do the opposite - STAND UP - CLAIM AND PROCLAIM JESUS CHRIST! It doesn't matter who laughs, and we should expect persecution if we are doing HIS Will. Those who are silent should know that SILENCE is many times CALLING EVIL GOOD. Our duties and obligations as Christians won't ever change, AND it won't make any difference if we STAND in small numbers or ALONE. This most definitely includes even the ill and elderly Christians. GOD has work for all of us to do, and yielding to HIS Will is a small token of our love and gratitude for what HE has already done for us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 1:16-20 NASB
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.  For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH." For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2007, 04:59:51 PM »

AMEN Brother Tom,
I always pray for more Laborers!
My knees bend to NO man, ONLY to the will of God...
Stay Strong Brother & Godspeed
Your Loving Brother Duane
Rhys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2007, 12:32:41 PM »

The only thing that I know for sure is that GOD'S WORD will be preserved forever. Just as an opinion, I believe there will be tons of Christian materials for covert use regardless of what evil happens in the world. I could make some guesses regarding materials on computers and nets. I like thinking about the example that we already know that people in foreign countries use the materials on Christians Unite. They even use the messages on the forum for Bible Studies, and it makes me extremely happy that they do. Huge libraries can be stored on CD and DVD, and I'm positive that tons of them have been shipped around the world with excellent Christian materials on them in just about all languages.

Mankind has tried to destroy the Bible before, and it can't be done. Further, GOD promised that HIS WORD would be preserved. I really believe that it would be almost impossible to destroy Christian materials today, much less the Bible.

Amos 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:
12And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

While God's Word will last forever. it may well become very hard to find. Most CDs and DVDs will last about ten years at best and depend on computers to decode them into readable form. Computers are extremely complex and fragile. They can be wiped out with a single EMP strike. They require electricity, which may become unavailable. In fact, the practice of putting all of our knowledge on computer makes it extremely vulnerable.

Paper lasts longer, but even then we wouldn't have the Bible (or many other ancient books) if they hadn't been recopied over and over, usually by hand. 500 years is about the MAXIMUM for paper to survive, and most of our books, including Bibles, aren't published on anything like the best quality paper.

If civilization collapses literacy can be wiped out in a single generation due to failure of education. Even in a less radical situation, oppression can limit access. Bibles were very rare under communism, though there were lots of them before the communists took over. Sure, there were some, but the average Christian was likely not to have access to them.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths Prov. 3: 5,6

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2007, 01:08:49 PM »

The verses that you referenced, Amos 8, is speaking specifically of the time frame of spiritual famine when the 10 tribes were dispersed. The time in which no prophets were available to them. Yet we can clearly see that God's word did survive as it is with us still. We also see in the Bible where there will be those that will suffer for the word of God during the tribulation so we know that in one manner or another it will survive. Should we not try to spread that word and place it every where we can just because we think it will be destroyed? It may be just those things that we do that helps His word to survive. Even if it isn't then it will still benefit many up until that time He decides it isn't necessary any more.

Bibles may have been rare in communistic countries as well as in many islamic countries. His word still survived. It was and is because of those that are diligently doing His work to insure that His word gets to as many people as possible according to His will.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2007, 01:58:21 PM »

Theirs no doubt in my mind that the word of God will not pass away from this earth...
Many are going to try to make that a reality though, and many will fall away from SOUND DOCTRINE!
I will never stop telling people about the Lord, Not until my last breath on earth...
Your Loving Brother Duane
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2007, 08:00:03 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

There are places in the world right now where many people would love to have a Bible and more Christian materials. Some of the places I'm thinking about have severe punishment for possessing materials like this - up to and including the death penalty. However, there are some materials there and they are used for underground study and worship services.

NOW - just think about the significance of facing a death sentence for possessing a Bible but doing it anyway. I highly recommend a free publication called Voice of the Martyrs. You will find links for it in several menus on Christians Unite. It will make you give thanks for some of the freedoms we still have. Many Christians take things for granted and don't show the proper appreciation for having easy access to all kinds of Godly materials. We have these things in our homes and don't have to travel miles to view a Bible. We should use our freedoms for GOD while we still can. AND, we should give thanks to GOD often for allowing us to have and keep HIS RICHES. Our gratitude should always involve sharing those RICHES with others. I hope that everyone reading this knows that I'm not talking about money or worldly possessions, rather of GOD'S WORD and HIS SPIRITUAL RICHES that are Eternal. Many of these RICHES are in our hearts and can't be erased or destroyed by mankind.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 2:1-5 NASB
The word which Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. Now it will come about that In the last days The mountain of the house of the LORD Will be established as the chief of the mountains, And will be raised above the hills; And all the nations will stream to it. And many peoples will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, To the house of the God of Jacob; That He may teach us concerning His ways And that we may walk in His paths." For the law will go forth from Zion And the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. And He will judge between the nations, And will render decisions for many peoples; And they will hammer their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, And never again will they learn war. Come, house of Jacob, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

Rhys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2007, 09:25:58 AM »

Should we not try to spread that word and place it every where we can just because we think it will be destroyed? It may be just those things that we do that helps His word to survive. Even if it isn't then it will still benefit many up until that time He decides it isn't necessary any more.
Brother Tom,
I don't disagree - in fact I totally agree. I just think we shouldn't rely so much on the most fragile media in existence but think about what is most likely to survive and be able to be read and copied under adverse circumstances. But we should use all means possible and you are doing a good work in making so much available over the internet.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the