Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:16:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286810 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Did you know?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did you know?  (Read 7660 times)
Littleboy

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2007, 04:01:46 PM »

That we we're called "the followers of the way" before we we're called Christians in Antioch?

In one of my KJV Bibles it has a breif history for that time period,
and this is what it say's before the book of Matthew,
That in:
32 bc. ceasar Agustus became emperor
19 bc. the herodian temple was being built
4   bc. Jesus was born...
So with that in mind, that Jesus was born in 4 bc.
And we know that he was 32 when he was cruxified, so that would have made it 28 ad.?
And we know that a 1000 yrs. can be as a day & a day a 1000 yrs. right?
That would have made 1996, 2000 yrs./2 Days. right?
That would put us, early into the 3rd day.right?
2028 would make it early into the 3rd day since his ressurection. right? 3rd day risen, could it be?
Also i've counted the Generations & the years between them...
From Adam to Abraham there are 2000 yrs.
From Abraham to Jesus there are 2000 yrs.
From Jesus to 1996 was 2000 yrs.
We are NOW early into the 7th day!
I Pray you can understand this!
Your Loving Brother
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 09:53:31 PM »

I don't understand

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 10:40:25 PM »

If I understand this correctly it appears to be an attempt to put a date to the resurrection and the coming of our Lord. We know that there is not even a hint in the Bible as to this timing for Jesus told us that no man would know the time.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 10:41:52 PM »

I don't understand

Littleboy is basing everything on 2,000, David.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 02:24:00 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

There are many ways to think about time and even multiple calendar methods. I would quickly agree that no man knows the day or the hour for remaining Bible Prophecy to be fulfilled. However, I would also say that there are many signs present to indicate that the end days of this Age of Grace could be soon. That's not me claiming to have any revelation, just maybe some common sense in looking at everything that's happening in the world today.

Some of the Bible Prophecy that's already been fulfilled was listed in specific details. We have many details about remaining Bible Prophecy, but they are more general in nature. There are many fascinating studies about time in Bible Prophecy, and many of them are subject to various interpretations. Some folks would say that it's wrong for me to even say that I think we are close to the end days of this age. However, many folks feel the same way, and none of us are claiming to be Prophets or have any special revelations from GOD. The only information I have is from the Bible and comparing that information to current events. The main thing I would say is that I anxiously await the Glorious Appearance of our LORD and SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST. In fact, I know that many of us will Love HIS Appearance and are ready to go HOME.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Revelation 22:1-8 NASB  Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb, in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. There will no longer be any curse; and the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His bond-servants will serve Him; they will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads. And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever. And he said to me, "These words are faithful and true"; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show to His bond-servants the things which must soon take place. "And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is he who heeds the words of the prophecy of this book." I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed me these things.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 06:02:21 PM »

I did'nt mean to imply that this meant it was going to happen because of these dates, just a neat concept
I've trip on!
I Base my belief on the lords returning soon, on scripture from the book of daniel to the book of Revalation...
example 1:
Knowledge of what Daniel wrote would'nt/could'nt be understood until the end times...
A angel of God said that.
#2:
This is the Best one!
In the book of Matt 24 chapter
The Lord Speaks of a Generation that would see the rebirth of Isreal(1948)The Fig Tree...
And that the Generation that saw this happen, would NOT pass away before all those things be fulfilled!
This reassures me that it is in OUR times,
The Generation that saw that happen has almost passed!
If people would read a little further than the no man knows the day nor hour verse,
You will see that WE are to watch so that, that hour DOES'nt come upon us unawarely....(that means we can know in what season we are in)
And other scripture that say's that WE are not Children of Darkness to where THAT DAY would come upon us
unawarenly...
WE we're given these and other words from the lord & God so that WE would be able to decern the times in which we live...
I Have allway's Believed that the rebirth of Isreal: Started that clock,
And if we look at what has happened since their rebirth & whats going on in that part of the world,
BEING the Burdensome Stone as the Lord said they would be IN THE ENDTIMES...
I say too look up & lift your hands unto the Heavens & REJOICE for the DAY of OUR redemtion IS NEAR!
Anyone that said in our past history and said that the end was coming, did'nt realize that Isreal had to become a nation before anything could START happening...
The increase of knowledge in the endtimes...

Remember it was his diciples that asked him of the signs of the things to come & of the signs of his returning,
This was for a purpose, So,That WE his followers in the endtimes would know of which season we live in,
It was'nt for their benifit to know how it would be in OUR times,(EXCEPT the Temple being destroyed by Titus)...
It was for OUR sakes, HIS words have PREVAILED...
Praise be to God for those that have suffered great tribulations, so that we would have the word of God today...
Your Loving Brother Duane

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 03:22:12 AM »

Hello Littleboy,

Brother Duane, it really sounds like we're all singing the same song. I think that most of use feel that the time is short, and details by the day increase those feelings. There should come a time when someone would look up and say that there can't be this number of coincidences. I really don't like that word "coincidence", especially when it's used in connection to GOD. There aren't any coincidences with GOD. I'm really thinking that our thoughts are pretty close.

TODAY WOULD BE JUST FINE WITH ME! In fact, right NOW would be GREAT! Brother, I didn't mean the above as yelling. This is an exciting topic for Christians, and I think that all of us anxiously await the Glorious Appearance of our LORD and SAVIOUR. I'll tell everyone that I'm ready and waiting. I do have the thought in my heart that I'll live long enough to be RAPTURED ALIVE to meet the LORD in the air - LORD Willing. If not, I'll be with the LORD anyway.

Love In Christ,
Tom

KEEP LOOKING UP!!

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 11:58:54 AM »

Hello Littleboy,
 I do have the thought in my heart that I'll live long enough to be RAPTURED ALIVE to meet the LORD in the air - LORD Willing. If not, I'll be with the LORD anyway.[/b]

Love In Christ,
Tom

KEEP LOOKING UP!!

This is my thought exactly.  I just keep watching the sky!

Let us fight the good fight!
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 01:24:38 PM »

Hi grammyluv, Smiley
I've Prayed almost everyday for over 30 yrs. to be worthy of that crown...(rapture)
I also ask God to let me stay & help those that isn't taken!
You know what? After 30 yrs. & knowing the Horror that is coming upon the earth, the heavens & MAN,
I still asked him for that Honor, and it ends with a "Your Will be Done, Father"...
NOW i wait, to see what Gods will is for me, to be Raptured, Left to help or Die before and Wait for that day?
Praise be to God!

Hi Brother Tom...
Right Now would be fine with Me too Brother!
I AM RAPTURE READY, Just waiting for that SHOUT!
Or different orders from God, stay & help!
I'm torn between the two!
The Lord has given ME MUCH & MUCH will be required of ME,
I owe him all that i have & then some...
I once dwelt in the darkest pits of Hell that this Earth has to offer men,
I am living proof that God is not a respecter of Man, BUT looks at the Heart of a Man,
And That there is no Depth's, that his nets can't reach or NO end to the amount of his Mercy...
Your loving Brother Duane

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 05:05:35 PM »

Hi Brother Tom...
Right Now would be fine with Me too Brother!
I AM RAPTURE READY, Just waiting for that SHOUT!
Or different orders from God, stay & help!
I'm torn between the two!
The Lord has given ME MUCH & MUCH will be required of ME,
Your loving Brother Duane

Unless you aren't born again, the Rapture will happen to all Christians. There will be no left behind Christians. I do not know your heart brother, and don't claim to know your heart. Only Jesus Christ knows your heart. When the "Shout" happens we (born again Christians) will all meet in the clouds. Cheesy

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 05:51:39 PM »

The way I figure I can help those left behind is I'm listing the prophecy books and some verses on the inside overs of my bibles so that when those that are left behind find it they will know what to look for with out starting at, "In the beginning...." Smiley

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 06:17:22 PM »

The way I figure I can help those left behind is I'm listing the prophecy books and some verses on the inside overs of my bibles so that when those that are left behind find it they will know what to look for with out starting at, "In the beginning...." Smiley
Thats one of the reasons for my websites.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2007, 07:14:54 PM »

Way cool Dreamweaver.  I just checked them out and can't wait to look at them in more detail!  On my website, I have some links.  I'd love to put your links on there.  What do you think?

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2007, 08:00:11 PM »

Way cool Dreamweaver.  I just checked them out and can't wait to look at them in more detail!  On my website, I have some links.  I'd love to put your links on there.  What do you think?

You may list them, if thats your wish sister. Anything on them may also be copied and given freely, as long as it glorifies the Lord.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2007, 09:35:40 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I know there are different opinions on this, but I personally believe that THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST will be Raptured before the beginning of the Tribulation Period. I won't go into all of the reasons for this opinion or argue about it, but I do want to make a couple of Bible observations.

I do know for certain that GOD will use Two Mighty and Powerful Witnesses in the first half of the Tribulation Period. There are various opinions about who these Two Mighty Witnesses might be, but I think it's sufficient to say that GOD will use them in a Mighty Way. A host of people will be saved during the Tribulation Period. There is also the 144,000 - 12,000 from each Tribe of Israel.

I'm already saved, and I do know that CHRIST'S CHURCH was not intended for wrath - rather rescue from the wrath to come. The Tribulation Period was "determined AGAINST Israel" - not the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST. It is actually a part of Israel's punishment for rejecting their Anointed KING, JESUS CHRIST, about 2,000 years ago. In contrast, the CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST has not rejected JESUS CHRIST, and the CHURCH is not awaiting any prescribed punishment or wrath from GOD. We have a different set of promises than Israel, and I give thanks for that. This does not hint that I'm not willing to suffer in the name of JESUS CHRIST. I would and will most gladly suffer in HIS Name and will never deny HIM.

HOWEVER, the wrath planned for me was taken in the body of JESUS CHRIST on the CROSS. I already belong to HIM and have already been delivered from the curse of sin and death. JESUS took my punishment, and HIS Blood has set me free. I've already been quickened and "translated" into the BODY OF CHRIST. If I suffer wrath, it won't be from GOD because my penalty has already been paid in FULL most perfectly by the completed and perfect Work of JESUS CHRIST on the CROSS. The most horrible and righteous Wrath of GOD will not be poured out on THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the