Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:27:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  good & bad christians
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: good & bad christians  (Read 4059 times)
ludwig

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2007, 07:51:00 AM »

dear everybody
are there good & bad christians?
are bad christians still christians saved by grace?
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 09:34:48 AM »

I don't think I am a good Christian but I do know I am saved  Grin

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 10:14:46 AM »

I don't think that good or bad is the right terminology. As Jesus said "And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God". As Christians the good that is in us is that of the Holy Spirit. A better terminology would be to say there are those that are young Christians and those that are more mature. There is also those that claim to be Christian that are not Christian at all.

The young Christians are those that are still"on milk" and the more mature that are on "meat". This is to say that some are more knowledgeable in the word of God than others according to God's grace and has nothing to do with a person physical age.

Then those that claim to know Christ that do not really know Him are those that are not truly Christians. We see this in many churches, some are what is known as "pew warmers" or "Sunday only Christians". There are also those that say they are Christians that deny Christ for who He truly is.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 10:55:27 AM »

I am between milk and meat then. I push too much sometimes

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
ravenloche

I am a messianic christian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 09:25:13 AM »

What so many people do not seem to understand is that Christianity is not a religion, our Lord hates religion; but rather
Christianity is a mind set, and a way of life. We who are serving Jesus do so not because it is the right thing to do. We
also do not serve him because of fear of reprisal, we serve him because we love him, and are in love with him!

A christian is different in many ways from those who attend church because it is the politically correct thing to do.
2 Cor. 5:17 says we are a new creation. I thank God that He does not see me for what I was, in fact He does not even
see me for what I am, but rather He sees me by looking thru the rose colored glasses called the blood of calvary and
sees me for what I will be when the work he is doing in me will be complete!

I, like all the rest of us, am nothing more than a sinner saved by grace! But that distinction brings me from being lost
undone to being a son of the living God.The book of Job tells us that He puts upon us a robe of righteousness,
giving us the right to come boldly before his throne to obtain help and mercy in time of need. Gen. says that he casts
our sins into a sea of forgetfulness, never to be remembered any more(and I like to believe that he has put up a
no fishing sign)

I do not think there are "good" and "bad" christians. Rather let us say that there are young, and mature sons of God!
You see we never fail any test that our father gives us, we just have to keep taking it over until we get it right!

respectfully yours in Yeshua ha Machiach:

ravenloche

if not you, who? if not now, when?
if not here, where? if it is to be it is up to me!
John 3:17 for he came not into the world to condemn the world, but that the world thru him might be saved! Rom 8:1 there is therefore no con-
demnation to those who are in
christ Jesus...
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 01:40:51 PM »

I don't think I am a good Christian but I do know I am saved  Grin

Same here.

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 02:31:13 PM »

What so many people do not seem to understand is that Christianity is not a religion, our Lord hates religion; but rather
Christianity is a mind set, and a way of life.
Christianity is a religion. Think about it, what are Christians? People who follow Jesus. We follow his teachings and worship him.
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs. 
2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion. 
3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions. 
4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion. 
5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith. 
6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience: to make a religion of fighting prejudice. 
7. religions, Archaic. religious rites. 
8. Archaic. strict faithfulness; devotion: a religion to one's vow. 

Eva

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 02:49:40 PM »

I am a sinner saved by grace, loving my walk with the Lord.  Clothing myself in the full armor of God, offering myself to Him daily as a living sacrifice.  Studying my Bible and praying for the inspiration of the Holy Spirit's Divine Revelation.   

Not an exact quote from Joyce Meyer, but sums up how I feel about me: I know that I'm not where I need to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to be.   

I used to feed on milk, now I feel that I am feeding on some more solid food.  I am not fully mature, but growing every day. Praise the Lord! 

Love in Christ, Eva

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 03:01:54 PM »

Amen! None of us will reach fully mature until that day the Lord arrives and perfects us.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
ravenloche

I am a messianic christian

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 01:01:05 PM »

Greetings one and all in the wonderful name of our Lord and savior

Rather than say "good" and "bad" Christians, how about saying that some of our brothers and
sisters are still carnal?!? The good new is that we never fail a test that our father gives us!

We just have to keep taking that test over again until we learn to get it right! Rest assured that as
we grow in him we will learn, some of us are hard headed, and take longer than others, but there
is a time eventually that the light does come on.

respectfully yours in Jesus

ravenloche

if not you, who? if not now, when?
if not here, where? if it is to be it is up to me!
John 3:17 for he came not into the world to condemn the world, but that the world thru him might be saved! Rom 8:1 there is therefore no con-
demnation to those who are in
christ Jesus...
curious

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2008, 12:42:17 AM »

Religion is man trying to get to God,but God cane to us.
This is(or at least SHOULD be)a relationship. When the
believers who are allowed in the New Jerusalem will be
married to Yeshua,so it is a relationship,not a religion.

Yours in Yeshua,
                          Curious
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2008, 09:09:11 PM »

The good news is that we never fail a test that our father gives us!

We just have to keep taking that test over again until we learn to get it right! Rest assured that as
we grow in him we will learn, some of us are hard headed, and take longer than others, but there
is a time eventually that the light does come on.

Thanks Ravenloche.  I needed that today!

In Christ,
Grammyluv

Let us fight the good fight!
Maryjane

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 06:27:29 PM »

Ther are no bad and good christians..There are babes in the Lord that do not know the Word in which to grow..they are not discipled..There are those who are mature christians who kno the Word and it is up to the christians to disciple..Also..when one is saved..it is so important to go to a local church to be in fellowship with other believers..to hear the Word of God preached..to be encouraged..Those who fall away are simpy those who have never been wqatered and are called bad christians..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the