Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:56:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The E.U = The 10 toes/Horns
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The E.U = The 10 toes/Horns  (Read 13572 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 09:42:42 PM »

Hi Guys!  I just have to pipe up here and say what fun it was to watch you guys work this all out!

Hello Grammyluv,

Before I forget, I just came from your web site, and I really enjoyed it. It was fun and it Glorifies the LORD. I also signed your guest book. It's a beautiful site.

One of the hard things about forums is getting to know people without the typical things we use in communicating with others (i.e. facial expressions, eye contact, voice tones, hand gestures, etc.). We have some little smiley faces to help us some, but they are inadequate. We also have all-caps to highlight something that we think is very important, and many people who use forums consider all-caps to be yelling. As an example, I use all-caps for the names of GOD, but I don't intend it to be yelling.

We can also use various colors to highlight portions of posts, and we can also use larger fonts if we want to. Regardless, it takes some time to really get to know someone on a forum. We have a common interest here: Loving GOD and having JESUS CHRIST as our LORD and SAVIOUR. So, fellowship with other Brothers and Sisters in CHRIST is easier here. In fact, fellowship and sharing the GOSPEL of the Grace of GOD is our primary focus here. As a result, Christians should have an easier time communicating here, especially considering that being Christian family friendly is also one of our priorities. That includes children, and we try very hard to keep Christians Unite completely safe for family use.

Regardless, it's still somewhat difficult to determine the personalities of each other. That takes some time, but we eventually get a pretty good idea about others. I'll help everyone out a little bit with me. I'm a retired police officer and grandpa who has been a Christian for over 50 years. I'm usually considered to be old fashioned, but some of the younger folks might call me an "old fundy" or worse.   Cheesy   I've been married to only one beautiful Christian woman for nearly 35 years, and GOD has richly blessed us. Lastly, I believe in old fashioned morals, values, and ethics that match Biblical principles. A wild night might involve hanging out at Wal-Mart for a few minutes.   Grin

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 17:21-23 NASB
that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me. "The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2007, 03:17:07 PM »

I never knew that meant you we're YELLING,
I'm going to stop doing that, I thought it was bringing attention to that part!
OUGH BOY !(woops sorry) Smiley
So much to learn and so little time....
P.S
I know what you mean about this type of forum:
I reread one of my replies to someones post & i thought to myself,
That reads different than how i meant it!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2007, 03:22:43 PM »

P.S

You are doing fine littleboy. Tongue

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2007, 03:57:58 PM »

P.S

As Brother Tom said, some people take it that way but most of us here on this forum use it just to bring greater attention to that portion. So doing it is no problem here. Sometimes I just use the "bold" function instead of all caps.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2007, 12:57:03 AM »

Thanks, you Guy's
The last thing i want to do is offend someone...(because of my pc skills or should i say, the lack of them!)
It's good to know that people understand that....
You are good Brothers, THANK YOU (this was yelling) Smiley
Duane
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2007, 01:03:51 AM »

Hello Brother Duane,

You're doing great. We're just a bunch of Christians here trying to have fellowship, so we're really not the super-sensitive types that get upset over little things. If we treat each other like Christians should, things work out fine, and I'm convinced that GOD helps us. We are gathered here together in HIS Name, and the Bible tells us that HE is with us. That's GOD'S Promise and I believe it.

I think that the best practice is to simply ask when there is possible confusion in what someone means in a post. This is much better than getting upset and finding out later that there was simply a misunderstanding - a communications failure. Many people have misunderstandings and communications failures when they are talking face to face in normal conversations. Maybe they aren't on the same sheet of music or any number of other communication failures. So, multiply the chances for misunderstanding on a forum. I made a simple typo the other day that I was really embarrassed about. I many times start a post with "Hello" and the person's name. I missed typing the "o" in "Hello", and I don't know how many people read it before I saw my error. My spell checker obviously didn't catch it because what was left is spelled correctly, but I don't talk that way. There are tons of examples like this.

I want to give one example of a mistake that happens fairly frequently. Let's first say that the conversation is fairly long and might be numerous pages. I see a post on page one that I want to reply to. You made the last post on page 5 and I haven't even read that far yet. I don't make it plain which post I am replying to, and you think that it must be you since you were the last to post in the thread. You get upset and think that I'm implying things that you didn't say - AND you didn't say them - the person on page one said them - BUT you don't know that. Whew! - Does anyone understand what I just said?   Cheesy

We also kid around with each other fairly often. Christians are allowed to have fun. However, some people don't always recognize the kidding nature of some posts, even if we put smilies in them.

As a perfect example, Dreamweaver has given me several   Tongue  , and I'm behind in getting even. So Dreamweaver, if you are reading this, this   Tongue  is for you.   Grin   If Dreamweaver asks me why, I'll just say that I don't remember, but he has it coming anyway and he knows that he does.   Grin

I'd say that the big point here is to ask if something is confusing or upsetting in a post. Have fun and enjoy the Christian fellowship.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 01:06:05 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2007, 02:37:36 PM »

I just want to say that I love you Guy's...
Godspeed my Brothers & Sisters!
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2007, 07:21:31 PM »

The last thing i want to do is offend someone

And nor do I.  I was enjoying the camaraderie that I saw happening though.
I agree with Brother Tom, and Pastor Roger (from another post) that internet etiquette can be tricky.  As a receptionist at a large software company we are well versed in it and still I sometimes fail.  As Pastor Roger pointed out, sometimes one is in hurry and direct to the point and it came come out as being short when not intended that way at all.

As to having fun on here.... I sure hope we can!  I'm a fun loving gal and like to kid around and be kidded in return!

As Little boy said,
I love you guys too and so much appreciate you all!
In Christ,
Yvette

Let us fight the good fight!
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 01:27:05 PM »

It's really hard for an uneducated person, 9th grade ed...
They gave me criedits for the 10th grade, so i could go into the USMC...
I love to kid around its just hard when you think you might offend someone,
and in this type of forum that is very easy too do...
Whats cool is theirs alot of people here that understand that...
And i think you hit it on the head ,people get in a hurry and to the point & it is taken as beening short...
God Bless You Sister
Your loving Brother
Def

My Father, it is me your daughter, in Jesus.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 03:30:24 PM »

It's really hard for an uneducated person, 9th grade ed...
They gave me criedits for the 10th grade, so i could go into the USMC...
I love to kid around its just hard when you think you might offend someone,
and in this type of forum that is very easy too do...
Whats cool is theirs alot of people here that understand that...
And i think you hit it on the head ,people get in a hurry and to the point & it is taken as beening short...
God Bless You Sister
Your loving Brother

Littleboy,Praise God for a big Brother like you,love in Jesus Littleboy..Def (+¸+)
Ps: in all my life i have 5 years of schooling. have been almost around the world.seen the deep of hell and back was taught by the Holy Spirit in french and anglais.learn his word was powered by faith in Jesus Christ and never mist a beat. and now i am a broken cripple rapture inside ready for the shout " come on Def come" amen  praise God for my ignorance but intelligence that he kept only for his Word.i have work with criminals and homeless in Court houses, theather, acting ,you name it you got it, and all that comes with it. never had a diploma always guided by the Lord until he called me in (1 Corinthians 8:3)
Well Big Brother Littleboy God bless you for whom you were willing to be .
all i can now say Is" COME LORD JESUS COME."
Love in Jesus Def
.My education was my experiences and experience I have in every form  and stages of this life ( they say 9 lives  so seperate them),and that was God plan ,so that i could understand the human sufferings of my brothers and sisters were ever He sent me.
now i am a mirror on His cross at the foot of the cross.and I am at peace and full of joy..WAITING!!!Seeyou when I see you..byebye
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 03:37:12 PM by Def » Logged

But to us There Is But one God,  the  Father, of  whom  Are  all  things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ by whom Are all things and we by Him(1Cor 8:6  KJV)
I believe that Jesus died for my sins  was buried rose again and is sitting at the right hand of God Almighty interceding for me Amen
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2007, 01:38:44 AM »

HI Def,
God bless you!
We maybe lowered now, but, soon we will be Exalted!
Not knowing the full measure of what we shall be, BUT we DO know, we will be like he is in a blink of the eye,
in a Shout and we will travel the great vastness between us and Heaven...
OH! how i pray for that day, Everyday!!!
Comfort yourself with this,
As you know, When our Brother was here the 1st time, the blind was given their sight, the dead rose, the possesed was cleansed, and the lame & mamed We're made WHOLE... 
ALL those who have affirmities WILL BE AS HE IS ON THAT DAY!!!!
YOU will be Whole, I Swear it... when ya know ya know...
What a Wonderful GOD(FATHER) we have, that would love & make the likes of people like me/us HIS children...
Praise be to our father, Bless'ed be his name...
Thank you Jesus for carrying us all this time,
Your Bride readys herself for the Marriage Supper, Come Lord COME...
Your Loving Brother Duane Smiley

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2007, 03:53:35 AM »

We also kid around with each other fairly often. Christians are allowed to have fun. However, some people don't always recognize the kidding nature of some posts, even if we put smilies in them.

As a perfect example, Dreamweaver has given me several   Tongue  , and I'm behind in getting even. So Dreamweaver, if you are reading this, this   Tongue  is for you.   Grin   If Dreamweaver asks me why, I'll just say that I don't remember, but he has it coming anyway and he knows that he does.   Grin

And you have this coming brother............................. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2007, 04:05:09 AM »

And you have this coming brother............................. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Grin   Grin   Grin    ROFL!

All I can say is that your portrait is of amazing quality, but you're supposed to smile and look pretty for your portrait like me below:

I even brushed my teeth and wore my best coat.

(Small Print:   Grin )

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2007, 04:27:59 AM »

Grin   Grin   Grin    ROFL!

All I can say is that your portrait is of amazing quality, but you're supposed to smile and look pretty for your portrait like me below:

I even brushed my teeth and wore my best coat.

(Small Print:   Grin )

Looks like you have a few teeth out of place brother.

By smiling, you mean like this.......................

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2007, 05:38:55 AM »

Looks like you have a few teeth out of place brother.

By smiling, you mean like this.......................

Grin   Grin   ROFL!

Did anyone ever tell you that your face could get stuck in one of those positions for life?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the