Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:09:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Avatat Photo
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Avatat Photo  (Read 8491 times)
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2007, 03:09:42 PM »

How do I add an avatar photo of myself? I can't find any way to do it in my Profile. Huh

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 03:50:10 PM »

Hi Jon-Marc,

Go to your profile and click on the "Forum Profile Information". Then mark "I have my own pic:" Enter the url for it in the box next to that. To get a url you must have the picture posted on a web site such as your own web site or one like PhotoBucket.com.

Then be sure to click on the "Change Profile" at the bottom of the page.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Jon-Marc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 12:04:52 PM »

What if you don't have an URL? Some forums have the "browse" feature where I can go to where my personal photos are and simply click on the one I want, and it's posted. Also, I don't see the word "Profile" anywhere.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 12:08:07 PM by Jon-Marc » Logged

Secure in Christ--Holy Spirit in me.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 12:56:07 PM »

Hello Jon Marc, none of us have that feature. Thats one of the reasons we use photobucket. To open an account there is free, and I've never paided for it. I've had my account for the past 2-3 years now.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 01:01:11 PM »

What if you don't have an URL? Some forums have the "browse" feature where I can go to where my personal photos are and simply click on the one I want, and it's posted. Also, I don't see the word "Profile" anywhere.

Hello Jon-Marc,

Good Morning! Our ADMIN does have a pretty big and nice selection of Avatars to use on the forum, so you won't need to go searching for your own unless there's nothing that you like.

Look for the "Profile" button near the top of the screen just to the left of "Log Out". I had my own avatar, so I didn't check to see exactly how the forum software does this. However, I think that it's pretty easy. If I remember correctly, ADMIN posted a message about avatars in this same section when he added them. If you use one of the built-in avatars on the forum, you shouldn't have to do anything except click the one you want. If you want to use your own, that's where you will need an Internet address for the avatar you want to use. It must be within certain size limits listed in the profile, and the link must be what they call "hot". In other words, just having the avatar on my computer wouldn't work, but having the avatar on my web page, photobucket, or any number of other places that keep the link open 24/7 would work. REMEMBER - you don't have to worry about addresses if you like one of the avatars made available by Christians Unite.

I hope this helps.

Love In Christ,
Tom

KEEP LOOKING UP!!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 01:08:59 PM »

Shocked    Ooooophs. I think that we are talking about several different things, and I hope that I didn't misunderstand. An avatar is the small graphic that shows up in all of your posts under your user name near the top left of each post.

You can also add a graphic to the bottom of each post in an area called the signature. That picture has size limits also, but it can be bigger than an avatar. My flag with the praying hands under my user name is an avatar. My e-Sword graphic is in the signature area. Help us out a little bit more with details about what you want to do.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 01:21:11 PM »

Hello Jon-Marc,

If you're talking about the smaller graphic under your user name, ADMIN did install a bunch of avatars to choose from. See a copy of his post below:

Re: Avatars
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 04:56:01 PM »
   Reply with quote Modify message Remove message Split Topic
Just go to your Profile, then choose the 'Forum Profile Information' link, and you can set an avatar. I have added a bunch of Christian ones, and deleted the other ones.

Ray

If you want to read more about this topic, there's a thread specifically about avatars second or third down in the topics for this area. Regarding other kinds of pictures, we have several threads with specific how-to instructions.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the