Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:11:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Illegal Immigration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Illegal Immigration  (Read 26165 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2007, 10:00:47 AM »

Well get started then.

Exactly and it should be with the politicians going to jail that support these sanctuaries like New York and Illinois governors.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2007, 10:27:23 AM »

AMEN to that brother.
We want our country back, that our government has so freely given away.
Send the illegals home and not at the tax payers expense either.  The government has raped it's citizens financially (and morally) for long enough, to line their pockets and support absolutely insane ideas and ideals that are not anything close to what the people want.  They need use the money they already have to do it.

This is our country.  Our culture!  Anything that is not AMERICAN should not be allowed.  I'm referring now to the memorial for Flight 93 and others.  If it's not the American Flag or the Cross then get rid of it!  Our culture IS Christian.

In fact if you're not a citizen and are only here on a Visa or Green Card then you are a VISITOR.  You don't get a drivers license either!  You get to take the bus or hire an American company to drive you for which you PAY us!

You don't get to wash your feet in special baths, you can do it in your bathtub on your own time!  You don't get special "prayer rooms".  Your can form your own small group in your friends home.  And DO IT QUIETLY, privately and with respect for the country that you're in because it OURS, not yours.

(I woke up with righteous anger again this morning)  Angry
But dog gone it.  Every day they are throwing something different at us.  When are they going to ask us what WE want?

I was reading Revelation earlier this week and about how Israel will be attacked when it's walls are down and everything is seemingly in peace.  The only way the enemy will be able to that is (of course God's will) but because America is out of the picture by that time.  We will either not be the power that we have been for so long or we will have sold out Israel.  And it just saddens and angers me.
We have given out country away and will pay the price for that soon and very soon.

(My opinions are many and freely given!)  Grin
In Christ,
Grammyluv

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2007, 10:36:26 AM »

When are they going to ask us what WE want? {/quote]

They won't because those in power don't care what we want.

(My opinions are many and freely given!)  Grin

Grin Grin Grin Grin

I like that.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2007, 11:07:33 AM »

Of course they don't care.  They've been proving that every since our forefathers passed away.  "For the people and by the people" died when they did.  The bottom line on every one of their agendas is "me, me, me"  It's about what and how much they can get while they are in office.  And while they are wining and dining and sleeping it off the hole they are digging for us is getting deeper and deeper.
They should all be charged with "neglect" and "dereliction of duty".

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2007, 11:10:12 AM »

Better yet; they should all be charged with "homicide" because they are killing America!.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2007, 11:19:21 AM »

Cover it all with Treason.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2007, 03:21:37 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I feel the same way. For whatever reason, we aren't in Bible Prophecy, so that must mean that we are taken out of the way in some manner. That wouldn't take much with all of the gross incompetence. After all, we can't even secure our own borders. Our overall condition is sad and without a clue. Gay rights are probably more important than survival.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2007, 03:27:09 PM »

Take a look at this thread:

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?topic=20396.0

It is a good possibility that would answer that question.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2007, 04:48:51 PM »

UM? - I wonder if our government would let them go ahead and install ballistic missiles in the name of religious freedom. I also find it interesting that they have religious freedom and we don't. What's wrong with this picture?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2007, 01:04:06 PM »

Bipartisan bill counters amnesty agenda

A House Democrat from North Carolina is co-sponsoring a bipartisan bill that would provide additional border security, crack down on illegal alien workers and employers, and reject amnesty.

First-term Congressman Heath Shuler (D-North Carolina) says he introduced the "Secure America Through Verification and Enforcement Act of 2007" (or the SAVE Act of 2007) because it is exactly what the American people want. HR 4088 would add 8,000 Border Patrol agents and give them new technology and infrastructure needed to secure the country's northern and southern borders. It would also add 1,200 Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents.

Shuler says Americans have a right to be upset with their government for not taking action to curb illegal immigration. "North Carolina is one of the states that spends over a billion dollars a year just in three areas [dealing with illegal immigrants]: incarceration, healthcare, and education ...," he shares. "So this is ... actually a three-part plan to stop illegal immigration in our country."

Shuler's bill has attracted nearly 100 co-sponsors, including liberal Congressman John Martha (D-Pennsylvania) and border security hawks Duncan Hunter (R-California) and Tom Tancredo (R-Colorado), both GOP presidential candidates. Despite the bipartisan support and the number of co-sponsors, House Minority Whip Roy Blunt (R-Missouri) calls the measure "insufficient."

Shuler argues the bill is a common sense solution to the country's illegal immigration problem. "When people are here too long in Washington, they become very partisan -- and Roy Blunt is actually ... being partisan on this issue," Shuler states. "He doesn't want a freshman member of Congress who is a part of the Democratic Party to be able to champion a bill that he was not able to do as a part of the majority."

"But ... [as demonstrated] by the numbers of co-sponsors that we have, [we have] been able to set politics aside," he argues. "It's time we start doing what's right for America."

Shuler says the bill will ultimately save taxpayer dollars because it includes a pilot program that would increase aerial surveillance satellites and equipment sharing between the Homeland Security and Defense Departments.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2007, 01:05:51 PM »

23 illegals busted for using fake ID badges to work at O'Hare

An immigration reform organization says the federal government needs to vigorously prosecute 25 individuals involved in an illegal alien employment scheme at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport.

Almost two dozen illegal aliens are accused of using fake security badges to work in critical areas of the airport, including the tarmac. According to Associated Press, the 23 illegal immigrants were employed by Ideal Staffing Solutions, Inc., whose corporate secretary and office manager were also arrested after an eight-month investigation that involved federal, state, and Chicago authorities. Agents found that 110 of the 134 airport security badges issued to Ideal Staffing workers did not match the individuals who carried them.

Ira Mehlman of the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) says this case has serious national security implications. "What we need are vigorous prosecutions in cases like these -- not just of the illegal immigrants themselves, but of the people who have been organizing them [and] the people who have been selling them the false documents," he argues. All of those individuals, he argues, are participating in "undermining the security of the United States."

The FAIR spokesman argues that when mis-identified people are working in security-sensitive positions in international airports, all air travelers need to be concerned. "It means that if they can get through the security system, then terrorists can also get through the security system," he explains. And he contends that the billions of dollars spent on airport security since September 11, 2001, have only resulted in giving Americans the "impression that they are more secure."

Mehlman believes the only way to put an end to criminal behavior of this sort is to send a tough message and let the perpetrators know that they will face lengthy prison sentences if caught.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2007, 02:23:47 PM »

Hi Everyone,
I've tried to stay away from this one...
My cousin was killed by an Illegal Immigrant(Mexico) about 20 yrs ago...
My Father-in-law was crippled by an Illegal Im.(Mexico)
I won't even get started about ALL the Drugs that are coming across the Border...

I guess both sides (rep.& dems.) are to blame for this???
It's been going on for along time(30million people later) Angry
YLBD
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2007, 07:41:25 PM »

An immigration reform organization says the federal government needs to vigorously prosecute 25 individuals involved in an illegal alien employment scheme at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport.

Almost two dozen illegal aliens are accused of using fake security badges to work in critical areas of the airport, including the tarmac. According to Associated Press, the 23 illegal immigrants were employed by Ideal Staffing Solutions, Inc., whose corporate secretary and office manager were also arrested after an eight-month investigation that involved federal, state, and Chicago authorities. Agents found that 110 of the 134 airport security badges issued to Ideal Staffing workers did not match the individuals who carried them.

Ira Mehlman of the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) says this case has serious national security implications. "What we need are vigorous prosecutions in cases like these -- not just of the illegal immigrants themselves, but of the people who have been organizing them [and] the people who have been selling them the false documents," he argues. All of those individuals, he argues, are participating in "undermining the security of the United States."

The FAIR spokesman argues that when mis-identified people are working in security-sensitive positions in international airports, all air travelers need to be concerned. "It means that if they can get through the security system, then terrorists can also get through the security system," he explains. And he contends that the billions of dollars spent on airport security since September 11, 2001, have only resulted in giving Americans the "impression that they are more secure."

Mehlman believes the only way to put an end to criminal behavior of this sort is to send a tough message and let the perpetrators know that they will face lengthy prison sentences if caught.

Well that's a heck of a deal, isn't it?

Eva

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2007, 07:55:09 PM »

Unbelievable!!!
Love in Christ, Eva

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2007, 09:53:10 PM »

ID cards for San Fran residents – legal or not
Largest U.S. city to issue municipal pieces of identification

The Board of Supervisors voted Tuesday to issue municipal identification cards to city residents - regardless of whether they are in the country legally - and to double the amount of public money available to candidates running for supervisor.

Supervisor Tom Ammiano, who authored the ID card legislation, said the program is a smart public safety measure because it would make residents living on the social margins of San Francisco more likely to seek the help of police and could give them more access to banking services.

"People are afraid to report crimes," Ammiano said, referring to illegal immigrants who avoid local law enforcement authorities over fear of being arrested or deported by federal immigration officials.

The legislation would require companies holding city contracts to accept the municipal card as a legitimate form of identification - except in cases where other state and federal laws require other forms of proof of age, name and residence.

Under San Francisco's sanctuary ordinance, it is city policy that no municipal government personnel or resources be used to assist federal immigration officials in the arrest and deportation of illegal immigrants.

Ammiano said banking institutions in San Francisco have signaled their willingness to accept the municipal ID card for the purpose of setting up accounts. He noted that people without bank accounts are frequently more vulnerable to theft and robbery.

Officials with the city's Bank on San Francisco program, which helps people obtain bank accounts, said institutions such as Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Washington Mutual and US Bank had expressed interest in accepting the ID cards.

Bank on San Francisco is a city partnership with the Federal Reserve Bank. Although criteria for opening bank accounts are set in part through the USA Patriot Act, "to our knowledge that law is not a bar to a municipal ID," said David Augustine, spokesman for the city treasurer's office, which oversees the program.

The ID legislation, which was approved 10-1 on the first of two readings, has the support of Mayor Gavin Newsom and would make San Francisco the largest city in the country to issue municipal identification. The city of New Haven, Conn., began issuing cards earlier this year.

Ammiano said he hopes the card could eventually be used at city libraries and become compatible with the regional TransLink transit card system.

Supervisor Sean Elsbernd voted against the measure, saying his opposition was primarily financial because the city doesn't know how much implementing the program will cost. "Next year's budget is not going to be pretty," Elsbernd said. "With all the services included, this could shortchange our budget discussion."

The San Francisco County Clerk has estimated the cost of the program could range between $1.07 million and $2.86 million in the first three years, much of that for staff to process the cards.

Supporters of tougher enforcement of U.S. immigration laws argue that local identification card programs have the effect of legitimizing the decisions of people who entered or have remained in the country illegally and making it more difficult for the federal government to enforce those laws.

The supervisors also gave final approval to a measure that would nearly double - to $88,000 - the amount of public money available to people running for seats on the Board of Supervisor.

To qualify for public financing under the measure, a candidate must raise at least $52,500 in private funds and cannot spend more than $140,000 on the campaign.

Elsbernd objected, noting that he and two other supervisors would be seeking re-election next year and essentially were being put in a position to vote to be able to spend more taxpayer dollars on their campaigns.

Supervisor Ross Mirkarimi, one of the other incumbents up for re-election, attempted to amend the legislation so it wouldn't apply next year in supervisorial districts where sitting supervisors were seeking a new term.

But the supervisors voted down that amendment, and the board eventually passed the measure 8-3, with Supervisors Carmen Chu, Elsbernd and Michela Alioto-Pier voting against it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the