Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:34:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286766 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Illegal Immigration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Illegal Immigration  (Read 26048 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2008, 11:13:53 AM »

Talk-show host risks life crossing the border

An Arizona-based talk-show host believes that, were it not for the grace of God, he would have been shot and killed by members of the Mexican military.         

Darrell Ankarlo is a talk-show host on Phoenix station KTAR. He recently published Another Man's Sombrero: A Conservative Broadcaster's Undercover Journey Across the Mexican Border.

Ankarlo says, in order to research the book, he literally sneaked across the Mexican border to get a first-hand look at why millions have risked their lives to escape that country. Unfortunately, he said on more than one occasion, his group found itself at the wrong place at the wrong time – like when they climbed a hill and saw several vehicles coming down the road with machine guns mounted on their racks.

"And we knew, okay, this is Mexican military, and we could be in trouble here .... really, but for the grace of God, we should have died in that situation. They put AK-47s, locked and loaded, to our heads -- and we were in the wrong place, wrong time. And literally I stated many times that was God intervening and saved our lives," Ankarlo recounts.             

The radio host also mentions on another occasion he nearly got run over by a vehicle during a turf war between rival cartels. The Mexican border, says Ankarlo, is a very dangerous place.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2008, 09:11:32 AM »

The Mexican border, says Ankarlo, is a very dangerous place.

It should be added that it is only dangerous on the Mexican side of the border...it is all roses and pretty things on our side... Is one reason why they come across.

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2008, 10:51:38 AM »

It is even dangerous along the border on our side of it. This is especially true for our law enforcement that has been getting killed or put in prison for enforcing the law. It is continually getting worse and the cancer is spreading further and further to other areas.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2008, 02:29:27 PM »

It is even dangerous along the border on our side of it. This is especially true for our law enforcement that has been getting killed or put in prison for enforcing the law. It is continually getting worse and the cancer is spreading further and further to other areas.

By now, anyone with any common sense should know there are other priorities that are more important than the safety and wishes of the American people. The real agendas involve BIG MONEY AND POWER. What the people want and need is not on the list of considerations. The powers that have put these agendas in motion will be hard to stop. However, this can be stopped with some determination in completely lawful and peaceful ways. The same is true for many other completely illegal and Unconstitutional things going on in our country today. The primary agenda of the people should be to serve a stark reminder to the government that they are mere servants serving at the pleasure of the people. OUR LAWS, RIGHTS, AND CONSTITUTIONS WILL NOT BE IGNORED!

Favorite Bible Quotes 121 - Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved
through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2008, 02:26:55 PM »

a couple points from following article:
1) They are DEPORTING ILLEGALS!
2) People MUST LEARN FRENCH to immigrate there!

France: No Mass Legalizing of Immigrants
The Associated Press
Updated: 4:27 p.m. PT May 21, 2007

PARIS - France's new immigration minister ruled out the possibility of legalizing undocumented immigrants on masse, saying Monday that government policy would be firm and pragmatic.

Brice Hortefeux heads the Ministry of Immigration and National Identity _ newly created by President Nicolas Sarkozy to manage the inflow of immigrants and protect French values and cohesion.

"We have to put aside massive legalization. It doesn't work and it penalizes, even immigrants," Hortefeux said on Europe 1 radio. Policy, he added, would be guided by "firmness and humanism" with "lots of pragmatism."

He said he planned to adhere to the policy of deporting illegal immigrants from France. The number of deportees was expected to reach some 25,000 this year, and Hortefeux said he would ensure that figure was reached.

The conservative Sarkozy, elected president May 6, had reached out to the anti-immigration far-right to capture votes, rankling some of his own allies by creating the new immigration ministry. Critics have said the government should not mix immigration with national identity.

Hortefeux said he would meet shortly with officials from the hotel and restaurant industries, which rely heavily on immigrants.

Hortefeux also said he would not question a long-standing policy of "family grouping," which allows immigrants in France to bring their families here. But he indicated, as Sarkozy has, that the policy may be modified to ensure the integration of those who join relatives in France.

"It must be carried out in respect for the dignity of those who want to come and (in a way) that favors their integration," he said.

Sarkozy has said he wants to ensure that those who join families in France can speak French and that relatives can support the newcomers.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18790047/

I found this on Craigslist - Politics - Seattle, this morning.  For a good time guys check out your craigslist or any one elses.  I'm having so much stirring it up right in my own hometown, but it's also interesting to see what other's are thinking around the country too!

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2008, 03:00:35 PM »

The URL doesn't work. The article must have been removed as it says it may be expired.

I heard quite some time ago that France was going to do this. This is the same action being taken in many different countries, especially so in islamic nations but instead of being deported from there you are simply imprisoned and eventually killed. Of course who in their right mind would want to go to an islamic nation? Even islamics are fleeing from their own countries.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2008, 06:07:48 PM »

http://www.infowars.net/articles/may2007/220507France.htm

I did some of my own hunting for this...I'm at work and haven't had time to read it myself just yet, but try this link.

Grammyluv

Let us fight the good fight!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2008, 06:12:17 PM »

Sorry, sister. I didn't mean for you to go hunting down a copy of the article. As I said I had heard about it before.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 27, 2008, 08:18:29 PM »

Crime skyrockets in 1 county, plummets right next door
Guess which government just got tough on illegal immigrants?

WASHINGTON – One of the wealthiest counties in America reports crime skyrocketing by 22 percent in the first quarter of 2008, while its neighbor saw crime plummet by 19.3 percent in the same time period – coinciding with a get-tough policy on illegal immigration.

Prince William County in Northern Virginia, a bedroom community for the nation's capital, made national news late last year with a crackdown on illegal immigration that supervisors believed was triggering higher crime and lower living standards.

Prince William County reported a 19.3 percent decline in crime, with chairman of the Board of County Supervisors Corey Stewart attributing the downturn to the hard line the county has taken toward illegal immigrants.

"One quarter doesn't tell us a lot," said county police spokeswoman Mary Ann Jennings. "It shows us where they may be some trends developing."

Meanwhile, next door in Fairfax County, with the highest property values of any county in America, reports crime up 22 percent in the first quarter.

Of the seven categories used to evaluate crime statistics, only two categories, rape and robbery, showed declines. Between January 2008 and March 2008, there were 27 rapes countywide, eight less than that same period last year. There were 155 robberies in the first quarter of 2007 and 113 the first quarter this year.

Larcenies went up from from 2,851 in the first quarter of 2007 to 3,643 in 2008. Overall, property crimes, including burglary, larceny and car theft increased 24 percent.

Recent figures released by county police revealed a 6 percent increase in overall crime in 2007 compared with the previous year. Violent crime over that period increased by 4 percent.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2008, 11:01:32 AM »

Illegals off the hook?
ICE tells aliens 'Deport yourself'

Now illegal aliens can get a free ticket home by turning themselves in to Immigration and Customs Enforcement rather than spend time in prisons.

The newest government plan to cut back on an ever-increasing population of illegals will be unveiled next week, the San Antonio Express-News reports.

ICE director announced the idea to a Spanish television network Sunday.

"The program basically gives an opportunity to those seeking an organized way to self-deport," Myers told Univisión anchor Jorge Ramos.

"Operation Scheduled Departure" will give illegal aliens who don't have criminal histories a chance to turn themselves in and avoid detention.

Myers said the plan was hatched in response to illegal alien complaints. Many detainees said they would rather go home than spend time in immigration prisons.

The illegals can now walk into ICE, schedule departure, have several weeks to pack their belongings and fly or bus out of the country without facing arrest. She said the program helps illegals dodge home and work raids, but it doesn't offer incentives for self-deportation.

According to the Express-News, illegal immigration supporters called the program laughable and said it would not work without providing additional rewards to those who turn themselves in.

"It's pure fantasy," said Doug Rivlin, spokesman for the National Immigration Forum. "An attempt to entice people to sign away their rights and get out of the country as quickly as possible before even talking to a lawyer."

Rivlin said illegals would buy a bus or plane ticket home rather than check into ICE.

Ira Mehlman, spokesman for the Federation for American Immigration Reform, one of the United States' chief anti-illegal-immigration lobbies, said he agrees with Rivlin's point that the government would need to offer an incentive. He suggested allowing illegals the opportunity to apply for legal citizenship in return for turning themselves in to authorities.

"It certainly makes sense to create conditions to make people understand that if they're here illegally, it's not going to benefit them to stick around," he said.

According to the Express-News, the same idea has worked well for the U.S. Marshals Service. "Fugitive Safe Surrender" allows nonviolent U.S. criminals to self-arrest rather than be hunted down. More than 16,000 offenders have turned themselves in.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2008, 07:18:12 PM »

Mexican army invades U.S., holds border cop at gunpoint
'It is fortunate this incident didn't end in a very ugly gunfight'

Mexican army soldiers invaded U.S. territory and held a member of the U.S. Border Patrol at gunpoint, according to a report from the union representing the guards.

"Unfortunately, this sort of behavior by Mexican military personnel has been going on for years," a statement from Local 2544 of the National Border Patrol Council said.

"They are never held accountable, and the United States government will undoubtedly brush this off as another case of 'Oh well, they didn't know they were in the United States,'" the group said.

The organization reported the Tucson Sector Border Patrol agent was held Sunday at gunpoint near Ajo, Ariz.

"Mexican military personnel crossed over the border and pointed rifles at him," the union said. "Backup units arrived from the Ajo Border Patrol station, and the Mexican military personnel eventually returned to Mexico."

WND reported an investigation by Judicial Watch that revealed dozens of armed incursions by Mexican soldiers and police into the U.S. during fiscal year 2007.

The report obtained by the Washington-based organization that investigates and prosecutes government corruption documented 29 confirmed incidents along the U.S.-Mexican border involving Mexican military and/or law enforcement personnel during that time.

"These documents not only show the dangerous and chaotic situation at the Mexican border, but also the complicity of some Mexican government agents in violating U.S. law," said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said at the time of the report.

"The U.S. government must begin to take these incidents more seriously, publicize them and take measures to bring the crisis at our border under control," he said.

Referring to Sunday's encounter, the Border Patrol union said it was "fortunate that this incident didn't end in a very ugly gunfight."

The situation isn't altogether new, the union said.

"A few years ago the Mexican military went a step further and put a .50 calibre rifle round through the rear window of a Border Patrol agent's patrol vehicle south of Ajo. Nothing was ever done. Nobody was ever held accountable. Particularly galling is the fact that the Mexican military often pulls these stunts in Humvees donated to them by the American taxpayers (although they were apparently on foot this time)," the union said.

According to a report in the Washington Times, it was unclear exactly what the Mexican soldiers were doing inside the U.S., but the report said law enforcement authorities long have said Mexican soldiers have been hired to protect drug and migrant smugglers.

The National Border Patrol Council represents nonsupervisory personnel among the federal agency's estimated 16,000 agents.

Ricardo Alday of the Mexican Embassy in Washington told the Times his nation and the U.S. are pursuing "an all-out struggle to deter criminal organizations from operating on both sides of our common border.'

"Law enforcement operations have led, from time to time, to innocent incursions by both U.S. and Mexican law enforcement personnel and military units into the territory of both nations, and in particular along non-demarcated areas of our border," he told the newspaper.

But local law enforcement authorities are worried. Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez Jr. of Zapata County, Texas, founded a coalition of sheriffs demanding the U.S. and Mexican governments investigate incursions.

He said the problem needs to be solved before "someone gets killed."

On the Post's forum page, a participant said, "I'm surprised the Bush administration doesn't arrest and convict the border agents involved like they did agents [Ignacio] Ramos and [Jose] Compean. Don't worry, soon we won't have borders anyway. We'll be the North American Union, and will be nothing more than a third world oligarchy just like good 'ol Mexico."

Added another, "My brother-in-law, a very wise man, suggested years ago that we build a half-mile wide trench the length of the Mexican border with guard towers every 100 yards, fill it with all the chemical and nuclear waste we have, and then shoot anything that glows in the dark. He was right."

The Judicial Watch report for 2007 had cited earlier incidents such as one at the Fort Hancock Station in El Paso:

"[Troopers] attempted to apprehend three vehicles believed to be smuggling contraband on I-10 … As the vehicles approached the border, [troopers] stated that a Mexican Military Humvee armed with a .50 caliber weapon and several soldiers were seen assisting smugglers return to Mexico … Officers then noticed several armed subjects dressed in fatigue type clothing unload the contraband into the Humvee. These subjects set fire to the stalled vehicle before leaving the area."

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2008, 10:21:56 PM »

Armed incursions by the Mexican Army should tell all of us that something is seriously wrong on the Southern border, and we should all already know what it is. The border is wide open to anyone - including a corrupt Mexican government and army, drug runners, terrorists, and those making illegal entries. In term of CORRUPTION, our government isn't far behind the Mexican government. Our borders need to be closed and secured - END OF STORY! Armed incursions by the Mexican army need to be treated like an invasion! ALL OF THIS IS NONSENSE THAT MUST BE STOPPED! YES - we already know that portions of the Mexican government and army are being paid by drug runners, terrorists, and other criminals to help them. That makes them CRIMINALS, and that's how they should be treated. I'd like to know how many people in our own government are being paid by the same criminals! We need to clamp down on the criminals on both sides of the border and put them in PRISON. We need to DEMAND that our laws be enforced and STOP accepting any LAME excuses from our government. These are great examples of what a North American Union might be like.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 14, 2008, 09:53:27 AM »

Man Claims '20-30 Deportations' During Arrest

A police investigation in Cleves, Ohio led to a startling admission by an alleged illegal immigrant--that he has already been deported more than two dozen times.

It's a story you saw first on WCPO.com.

Jose Manuel Sanchez-Rojaz, 33, was arrested early Tuesday morning by a Hamilton County Sheriff's deputy. Sanchez-Rojaz was wanted for questioning regarding stolen vehicle. Authorities say the vehicle was stolen around 4 a.m. in the 6300 block of State Route 128.

During the questioning, Sanchez-Rojaz allegedly gave the deputy a false name and birthday. He was charged with falsification and obstructing justice.

The deputy says Sanchez-Rojaz also told him he "had been deported multiple times by immigration." Authorities say he went on to elaborate that meant some "20-30 times."

Sanchez-Rojaz also allegedly told the deputy that immigration officials "know me very well."

Sanchez-Rojaz was taken to the Hamilton County Justice Center. Officials with Immigration and Customs Enforcement were also notified.

Sanchez-Rojaz is scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 18, 2008, 04:07:13 PM »

Chuck Norris mad about border
He smells another Ramos-Compean scandal in the making

Butting heads at the border

Last week a 10-year U.S. Border Patrol veteran shot and wounded a man in the left buttocks who assaulted agents at a violent stretch of the U.S.-Mexico border. Despite that the man was among a group who were trying to illegally enter the United States and were throwing rocks and concrete chunks at agents, officials at the Mexican consulate in San Diego are criticizing the agent and demanding the U.S. conduct a full investigation.

The incident occurred after one agent witnessed and called for backup because three to four illegals were trying to scale the border fence. So four to six more agents responded by using a gate in the fence to get to its south side – still within the U.S. The agents fired pepper balls and tear gas to disperse a group of about seven to 15 people, and most fled. Two of the suspects, however, stayed and threw rocks and concrete chunks toward the Border Patrol agents. Fearing for his safety, one agent fired two rounds from his rifle from about 50 feet away, striking 22-year-old Edgar Israel Ortega Chavez, who then was standing on Mexican soil.

Consul General Remedios Gómez Arnau responded, "Any kind of shooting toward Mexican territory is rejected by the Mexican government. They should have waited for response of the Mexican authorities."

Are you kidding me? Do I smell another Compean and Ramos case in the making? Do illegals think border crossing is nothing more than a game of cat and mouse? Do Mexican officials think we're only playing "rocks, scissors and paper" at the borders? When will we finally draw a line in the sand and stop this insanity at our nation's boundaries? When will we back our agents and their Bill of Rights? When will we give them the complete resources, permissions and support they need to fully carry out their duties?

When Supervisory Border Patrol Agent Daryl Reed reports that there have been 330 assaults on agents already this year, compared with 254 reported incidents in 2007, it's time for our government to ante up and better protect and secure our borders and agents!

Border security is of course so critical because it is about far more than just illegal immigrants. It affects the transport of drugs, gangs (like MS-13), terrorism and even affects issues of sovereignty. That is why I address our border troubles as one of eight major problems threatening America most in my upcoming (Sept. 7 release) book, "Black Belt Patriotism" (Regnery publishing), which is now available for pre-order at Amazon. In the book I give my critique of what is destroying our country, and offer my solutions for rebuilding America and restoring the American dream. In particular, I lean heavily upon our founders' work and wisdom, looking to them for their possible solutions to our present problems.

Here's a first-seen glimpse from the chapter, "Secure and protect our borders," in which I also give (but not here) my solutions to deal with the 12 million or so illegal immigrants already residing in America:

A few years ago I had the opportunity to fly along America's borders with my good friend John Hensley, who was the assistant commissioner of U.S. Customs. We flew on a Black Hawk helicopter and checked out locations along the California border, where there was heavy traffic of drug dealers and illegal aliens coming into the United States from Mexico.

As we were flying over the desert, we landed in the middle of nowhere. We stepped out of the helicopter and John asked me, "What do you see?" I replied, "Absolutely nothing but desert." As soon as I said that, up popped U.S. border agents, who were hiding in holes covered by beige tarps that blended in with the terrain. They were waiting for illegal traffic trying to sneak into our country. I thought, what dedication this takes to hide out here in this intense heat for hours at a time – just waiting.

There's no doubt that Americans possess the resources and passion to close off our borders and ports from illegal immigration and contraband. If we can overthrow another country, we ought to be able to protect our own. Yet to this day, our national borders and ports of entry are like lattice work with plenty of holes through which illegals now come in.

I don't lay the blame on our dedicated border agents. But I do blame an overly bureaucratic government that still has not given agents the proper resources and permissions they need to get their job done. I also blame government for undermining national security by being more concerned with global commerce than national sovereignty. They would rather please the international masses than enforce our own laws.

Let's ask ourselves, why is Congress not securing our borders? Could it be they have greater global goals that will ultimately dissolve this Union? Whether intentionally or not, government has failed for decades to secure the borders. It is up to us to make sure it gets done, by taking several points of action that I'll be outlining in this chapter. The time is now. And if we don't do our part, America as we know it will dissolve like a sugar cube in coffee. From the coastland to the heartland, we will lose our distinctions and no longer even recognize our country. As President Ronald Reagan said, "A nation without borders is not a nation."

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 18, 2008, 06:51:40 PM »

I am reminded again that I like Chuck Norris.

YES - we can and should CLOSE AND SECURE OUR BORDERS!

It's INSANE not to do it - even at this late date. I think that the people have made it exceptionally clear that a North American Union they called forced integration WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! It will also NOT BE FORCED ON US! So, they can forget all about treasonous acts and secure the border!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the