Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:47:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Bible Study (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Thankfulness
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thankfulness  (Read 7141 times)
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2007, 04:22:56 PM »

This is taken from ilumina gold Bible, I may post another

THANKFULNESS

HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO EXPRESS THANKFULNESS?
BIBLE READING: 1 Chronicles 16:4-36
KEY BIBLE VERSE: David appointed the following Levites to lead the people in worship before the Ark of the LORD by asking for his blessings and giving thanks and praise to the LORD, the God of Israel. (1 Chronicles 16:4)

WE SHOULD ALWAYS BE EXPRESSING THANKFULNESS.
Certain Levites were appointed to give continual praise and thanks to God. Praise and thanksgiving should be a regular part of our routine, not reserved only for celebrations. Praise God continually, and you will find that you won’t take his blessings for granted.

THERE ARE FOUR SIGNIFICANT ASPECTS OF THANKFULNESS.
Four elements of true thanksgiving are found in this song (psalm): (1) remembering what God has done, (2) telling others about it, (3) showing God’s glory to others, and (4) offering gifts of self, time, and resources. If you are truly thankful, your life will show it.
BIBLE READING: Psalm 92:1-15
KEY BIBLE VERSE: It is good to give thanks to the LORD, to sing praises to the Most High. It is good to proclaim your unfailing love in the morning, your faithfulness in the evening, (Psalm 92:1-2)

THANKFULNESS OUGHT TO BE A MAJOR INGREDIENT IN ALL OUR RELATIONSHIPS.
During the Thanksgiving holiday, we focus on our blessings and express our gratitude to God for them. But thanks should be on our lips every day. We can never say thank you enough to parents, friends, leaders, and especially to God. When thanksgiving becomes an integral part of your life, you will find that your attitude toward life will change. You will become more positive, gracious, loving, and humble.
BIBLE READING: Romans 1:18-23
KEY BIBLE VERSE: Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. The result was that their minds became dark and confused. (Romans 1:21)

ONE OF THE FIRST MARKS OF REJECTING GOD IS FORGETTING TO THANK HIM.
How could intelligent people turn to idolatry? Idolatry begins when people reject what they know about God. Instead of looking to him as the Creator and sustainer of life, they see themselves as the center of the universe. They soon invent “gods” that are convenient projections of their own selfish plans and decrees. These gods may be wooden figures, but they may also be goals or things we pursue such as money, power, or comfort. They may even be misrepresentations of God himself-making God in our image, instead of the reverse. The common denominator is this-idolators worship the things God or man made, rather than God himself. Isaiah there anything you feel you can’t live without? Isaiah there any priority greater than God? Do you have a dream you would sacrifice everything to realize? Does God take first place? Do you worship God or idols of your own making?
BIBLE READING: Ephesians 2:1-10
KEY BIBLE VERSE: God saved you by his special favor when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

THANKFULNESS OUGHT TO BE THE PRIME CHARACTERISTIC IN A CHRISTIAN’S LIFE.
When someone gives you a gift, do you say, “That’s very nice-now how much do I owe you?” No, the appropriate response to a gift is “Thank you.” Yet how often Christians, even after they have been given the gift of salvation, feel obligated to try to work their way to God. Because our salvation and even our faith are gifts, we should respond with gratitude, praise, and joy.

THANKFULNESS CAN TAKE ON A VARIETY OF EFFECTIVE EXPRESSIONS.
We become Christians through God’s unmerited grace, not as the result of any effort, ability, intelligent choice, or act of service on our part. However, out of gratitude for this free gift, we will seek to help and serve others with kindness, love, and gentleness. While no action or work we do can help us obtain salvation, God’s intention is that our salvation will result in acts of service. We are not saved merely for our own benefit, but to serve Christ and build up the church (Ephesians 4:12).

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 04:31:22 PM »

THANKFULNESS, GOD’S WORD ON
A loving mate works hard all day at the office or at home. Do we bother to say thanks? Think about how often in a day someone does something for you, however small. How often do you say thanks? Now think about how often God helps you in a day. Think about how much God has given you. How often do you say thanks to him? Thanksgiving is a celebration of the giver and the gift. Celebrate often!

WHY SHOULD WE GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD?
1 Chronicles 16:34 . . . Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.
Give thanks because God is good and kind and loving.
Luke 17:16 . . . He fell face down on the ground at Jesus’ feet, thanking him for what he had done.
A thankful heart plays a role in the maturing of our faith.
1 Corinthians 15:57 . . . How we thank God, who gives us victory over sin and death through Jesus Christ our Lord!
Give thanks for victory that God gives us in Christ.
2 Corinthians 9:15 . . . Thank God for his Son-a gift too wonderful for words!
Give thanks for God’s Son, Jesus.
Colossians 4:2 . . . Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.
Give thanks for answered prayer.
1 Chronicles 16:8 . . . Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.
Psalm 111:1-2 . . . Praise the Lord! I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them.
Give thanks to let others know how wonderful God is.
Ephesians 5:20 . . . Always give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus.
Colossians 2:7 . . . Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all he has done.
Give thanks because thanksgiving keeps our mind on Christ and our thoughts on others.

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BEING THANKFUL TO GOD?
Psalm 50:23 . . . Giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me. If you keep to my path, I will reveal to you the salvation of God.
Psalm 92:1 . . . It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to the Most High.
Luke 17:16-19 . . . He fell face down on the ground at Jesus’ feet, thanking him for what he had done.
When we give thanks to God we honor him and praise him. Also, we honor others when we give thanks to them, respecting them for who they are and what they have done.

HOW DO I DEVELOP AN ATTITUDE OF THANKSGIVING?
Psalm 9:1 . . . I will thank you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done.
Psalm 92:2 . . . It is good to proclaim your unfailing love in the morning, your faithfulness in the evening.
Colossians 3:15 . . . Let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are all called to live in peace. And always be thankful.
Philippians 1:3 . . . Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God.
1 Timothy 4:4 . . . Since everything God created is good, we should not reject any of it. We may receive it gladly, with thankful hearts.
Cultivate thankfulness by giving thanks regularly-morning and evening-every time you think about God and others.

HOW CAN I EXPRESS MY THANKFULNESS?
1 Chronicles 16:7 . . . That day David gave to Asaph and his fellow Levites this song of thanksgiving to the Lord.
Psalm 147:7 . . . Sing out your thanks to the Lord; sing praises to our God, accompanied by harps.
Colossians 3:16 . . . Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts.
Express thankfulness with music and singing.
Psalm 100:4 . . . Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and bless his name.
Express thankfulness by praising and honoring him.
Psalm 116:17 . . . I will offer you a sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the Lord.
Express thankfulness through worship and giving.
Colossians 4:2 . . . Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.
Psalm 147:7 . . . Sing out your thanks to the Lord; sing praises to our God, accompanied by harps.
Psalm 111:1-2 . . . Praise the Lord! I will thank the Lord with all my heart as I meet with his godly people. How amazing are the deeds of the Lord! All who delight in him should ponder them.
Psalm 119:7 . . . When I learn your righteous laws, I will thank you by living as I should!
Colossians 2:7 . . . Let your roots grow down into him and draw up nourishment from him, so you will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all he has done.
We show thankfulness to God through prayer, a grateful heart, singing and praise, by living as we should, and through service.

WHEN SHOULD WE GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD?
Psalm 92:2 . . . It is good to proclaim your unfailing love in the morning, your faithfulness in the evening.
Give thanks morning and evening.
Luke 9:16 . . . Jesus took the five loaves and two fish, looked up toward heaven, and asked God’s blessing on the food.
1 Timothy 4:4 . . . Everything God created is good . . . We may receive it gladly, with thankful hearts.
Give thanks when we are about to eat food he gives.
Colossians 3:15 . . . Always be thankful.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 . . . No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
We should maintain a spirit of constant gratitude.

REGARDLESS OF CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR WHAT CAN I ALWAYS BE THANKFUL?
1 Chronicles 16:34 . . . Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.
Psalm 7:17 . . . I will thank the Lord because he is just; I will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High.
Psalm 138:2 . . . I bow before your holy Temple as I worship. I will give thanks to your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness, because your promises are backed by all the honor of your name.
2 Corinthians 9:15 . . . Thank God for his Son-a gift too wonderful for words!
Ephesians 2:8 . . . God saved you by his special favor when you believed.
1 Corinthians 15:57 . . . How we thank God, who gives us victory over sin and death through Jesus Christ our Lord!
1 Timothy 1:12 . . . How thankful I am to Christ Jesus our Lord for considering me trustworthy and appointing me to serve him.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 . . . No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
I will thank the Lord for being good, just, and for who he is. I will thank him also for his love for me, his faithfulness, for sending his Son Jesus, for his mercy. I will thank him for victory over death and for keeping his promises.

A LACK OF THANKSGIVING PUTS UP A BARRIER BETWEEN US AND GOD.
Exodus 1:8 . . . Then a new king came to the throne of Egypt who knew nothing about Joseph or what he had done.
Thankfulness fades with time. Apparently the new king had never been told about Joseph and the way Joseph had saved Egypt from starvation. For us, fading memory, neatly forgetting what we owe to God and others, can become a convenient way to avoid repaying our debt. Don’t let time rob God of the thanksgiving he deserves from you.
2 Chronicles 32:25 . . . Hezekiah did not respond appropriately to the kindness shown him, and he became proud. So the Lord’s anger came against him.
When our pride becomes a barrier, keeping us from thanksgiving and praise, it acts also as a wall to keep us from God.

PROMISE FROM GOD:

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 04:54:05 PM »

THANKS TO GOD FOR MY REDEEMER
August Ludwig Storm (1862–1914)
Translated by Carl E. Backstrom (1901– )

IT IS EASY to thank God for roses. It is much harder to thank Him for the thorns. This hymn offers a mature approach to thanksgiving, showing appreciation for pain and pleasure, joy and sorrow.
August Storm wrote this hymn in 1891 while still a young man of twenty-nine. He worked for the Salvation Army in Sweden and published this hymn in the organization’s periodical, The War Cry. The Salvation Army has always specialized in reaching out to the poor and troubled, so Storm probably saw more than his share of pain and sorrow, as well as the joy and pleasure of lives turned toward Christ.
Just eight years after writing this hymn, Storm was stricken with a back problem that left him crippled for the rest of his life. He managed to continue his Salvation Army work, and he maintained a thankful spirit even during this most difficult time. If anything, his troubles gave more power and credibility to his sermons and writings.

THANKS TO GOD FOR MY REDEEMER
Thanks to God for my Redeemer,
Thanks for all Thou dost provide!
Thanks for times now but a memory,
Thanks for Jesus by my side!
Thanks for pleasant, balmy springtime,
Thanks for dark and dreary fall!
Thanks for tears by now forgotten,
Thanks for peace within my soul!

Thanks for prayers that Thou hast answered,
Thanks for what Thou dost deny!
Thanks for storms that I have weathered,
Thanks for all Thou dost supply!
Thanks for pain and thanks for pleasure,
Thanks for comfort in despair!
Thanks for grace that none can measure,
Thanks for love beyond compare!

Thanks for roses by the wayside,
Thanks for thorns their stems contain!
Thanks for home and thanks for fireside,
Thanks for hope, that sweet refrain!
Thanks for joy and thanks for sorrow,
Thanks for heav’nly peace with Thee!
Thanks for hope in the tomorrow,
Thanks through all eternity!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 08:06:38 AM »

Amen Brother David!

I really enjoyed this. It was a great way to start my day, and I appreciate you sharing with us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 10:51:44 AM »

I am bumping this for American Thanksgiving. Also I am going to post what came in my email from Christians unite.

Thanksgiving Proclamation

A Day of Public Thanksgiving and Prayer by;
President George Washington, 1798

"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly implore His protection and favor-- and Whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint committee requested me to recommend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God, especially in a form of government for their safety and happiness.

"Now, therefore, I do recommend and assign Thursday...to be devoted by the people of these states to the service of that great and glorious Being Who is the beneficent Author of all that was, that is, or that will be--that we may then all unite in rendering Him our sincere and humble thanks...

"And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of nations, and beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions...to render our national Government a blessing to the people...to protect and guide all sovereigns and nations...and to bless them with good government, peace and concord. To promote the knowledge and practice of true knowledge and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us--and generally to grant unto all mankind such a degree of prosperity as He alone knows to be best..." George Washington

Today we still celebrate this national and legal holiday, but are we celebrating in the right manner as Christians? Are we forgetting the main purpose of this day is prayer and thanksgiving as we feast and fellowship? The Lord is not opposed to our feasting and our gathering of friends and family to dine, but if our only prayer is to ask God to bless our food are we not forgetting the real meaning of this day? God delights in blessing us as His children. However, do we, as His children delight in blessing Him with our prayers and thanks? Do our celebrations revolve more around the meal and the football game that follows, than around the discussion of the things we should be thankful for? Many are worshipping the idol of ball games on holidays instead of focusing on the true meaning of Thanksgiving. Let us ask God to forgive us and truly celebrate this day in real thanksgiving and prayer.

Thanksgiving is one of our main national holidays here in the United States. Have we lost the emphasis on thanksgiving and prayer and shifted it to a gluttonous feast of food, drink and games like those in the world have done? More and more the media is referring to this holiday as "turkey day" instead of Thanksgiving Day. They also eliminate the object of who we are to offer our thanks. We are just to be "thankful" we are told. Who should our thanks be directed to? The object of our thanks for our many blessings, should be directed to the Lord God. It should not just be a general "thanks."

The first American Thanksgiving was celebrated less than a year after the Christian Plymouth colonists had settled in the new land of America. Governor William Bradford decreed the first Thanksgiving Day, set aside for the special purpose of prayer as well as celebration, in July 30, 1623. There were harvest festivals, or days of thanking God for plentiful crops. During the Revolutionary War, eight special days of thanks were observed for victories and for being saved from dangers. On November 26, 1789, President George Washington issued a general proclamation for a day of thanks. President Lincoln proclaimed our national day of thanksgiving in 1863 with these words, "a day of Thanksgiving and praise to our beneficent Father."

Psalm 75:1, "Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare."

Psalm 107:1, "O Give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth forever."

This nation was founded as a nation under God. There are forces in the land that are hell-bent on changing that... such as the ACLU, Americans United for Separation of Church and State, People for the American Way, NOW, PP, the national news media, the entertainment industry, the NEA, etc.

Philippians 4:6-7 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

The peace of God comes from having a thankful heart. Note what this peace will do for you. God says "it will keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." People who are not thankful to the Lord are not satisfied. They are discontent always complaining about what they do not have....rather than be grateful for what is God's provision for them.

Isaiah 26:3 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee."

The peace "which passeth all understanding" means it is a peace that surpasses all that men can conceived or imagine. The words "shall keep" is a military term, and means that the mind would be guarded as a camp or castle is. It would be preserved from the intrusion of anxious fears and alarms.

Today there are growing numbers of people who considered themselves to be Consumers .....RATHER THAN GIVERS. They come to church to be served, not to serve others. Some when called on complain about having to serve and point the finger at people who are not doing their share. Do you understand that with that attitude...no matter what the church member does there is no reward for them and it does not please the Lord. We are to serve with gladness...thanking the Lord for the opportunity.

2 Corinthians 9:7 "Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver."

It is a blessing and uplifting for others when we show in a practical way our thanksgiving. You see. . . we cannot give God anything. He has given us all we have. But when we give our offerings to Him, the first fruits of His gifts to us we are able to show gratitude. In this God lets us be a blessing through our church to others also. The money we give goes pays the expenses we have, it is vital in reaching out into our community with the Gospel. It also lets us support missions around the world. By giving to the Lord from a grateful heart, God blesses us.

As Christians, we should be thanking God’s blessing everyday

Eva

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 02:42:11 PM »

All great posts on the "attitude of gratitude" that we should have all year long Wink 

Thanks and God Bless, Eva

I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 02:42:16 PM »

I am bumping this for American Thanksgiving. Also I am going to post what came in my email from Christians unite.

Thanksgiving Proclamation

A Day of Public Thanksgiving and Prayer by;
President George Washington, 1798

"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly implore His protection and favor-- and Whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint committee requested me to recommend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God, especially in a form of government for their safety and happiness.

"Now, therefore, I do recommend and assign Thursday...to be devoted by the people of these states to the service of that great and glorious Being Who is the beneficent Author of all that was, that is, or that will be--that we may then all unite in rendering Him our sincere and humble thanks...

"And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of nations, and beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions...to render our national Government a blessing to the people...to protect and guide all sovereigns and nations...and to bless them with good government, peace and concord. To promote the knowledge and practice of true knowledge and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us--and generally to grant unto all mankind such a degree of prosperity as He alone knows to be best..." George Washington

Today we still celebrate this national and legal holiday, but are we celebrating in the right manner as Christians? Are we forgetting the main purpose of this day is prayer and thanksgiving as we feast and fellowship? The Lord is not opposed to our feasting and our gathering of friends and family to dine, but if our only prayer is to ask God to bless our food are we not forgetting the real meaning of this day? God delights in blessing us as His children. However, do we, as His children delight in blessing Him with our prayers and thanks? Do our celebrations revolve more around the meal and the football game that follows, than around the discussion of the things we should be thankful for? Many are worshipping the idol of ball games on holidays instead of focusing on the true meaning of Thanksgiving. Let us ask God to forgive us and truly celebrate this day in real thanksgiving and prayer.

Thanksgiving is one of our main national holidays here in the United States. Have we lost the emphasis on thanksgiving and prayer and shifted it to a gluttonous feast of food, drink and games like those in the world have done? More and more the media is referring to this holiday as "turkey day" instead of Thanksgiving Day. They also eliminate the object of who we are to offer our thanks. We are just to be "thankful" we are told. Who should our thanks be directed to? The object of our thanks for our many blessings, should be directed to the Lord God. It should not just be a general "thanks."

The first American Thanksgiving was celebrated less than a year after the Christian Plymouth colonists had settled in the new land of America. Governor William Bradford decreed the first Thanksgiving Day, set aside for the special purpose of prayer as well as celebration, in July 30, 1623. There were harvest festivals, or days of thanking God for plentiful crops. During the Revolutionary War, eight special days of thanks were observed for victories and for being saved from dangers. On November 26, 1789, President George Washington issued a general proclamation for a day of thanks. President Lincoln proclaimed our national day of thanksgiving in 1863 with these words, "a day of Thanksgiving and praise to our beneficent Father."

Psalm 75:1, "Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare."

Psalm 107:1, "O Give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth forever."

This nation was founded as a nation under God. There are forces in the land that are hell-bent on changing that... such as the ACLU, Americans United for Separation of Church and State, People for the American Way, NOW, PP, the national news media, the entertainment industry, the NEA, etc.

Philippians 4:6-7 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

The peace of God comes from having a thankful heart. Note what this peace will do for you. God says "it will keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." People who are not thankful to the Lord are not satisfied. They are discontent always complaining about what they do not have....rather than be grateful for what is God's provision for them.

Isaiah 26:3 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee."

The peace "which passeth all understanding" means it is a peace that surpasses all that men can conceived or imagine. The words "shall keep" is a military term, and means that the mind would be guarded as a camp or castle is. It would be preserved from the intrusion of anxious fears and alarms.

Today there are growing numbers of people who considered themselves to be Consumers .....RATHER THAN GIVERS. They come to church to be served, not to serve others. Some when called on complain about having to serve and point the finger at people who are not doing their share. Do you understand that with that attitude...no matter what the church member does there is no reward for them and it does not please the Lord. We are to serve with gladness...thanking the Lord for the opportunity.

2 Corinthians 9:7 "Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver."

It is a blessing and uplifting for others when we show in a practical way our thanksgiving. You see. . . we cannot give God anything. He has given us all we have. But when we give our offerings to Him, the first fruits of His gifts to us we are able to show gratitude. In this God lets us be a blessing through our church to others also. The money we give goes pays the expenses we have, it is vital in reaching out into our community with the Gospel. It also lets us support missions around the world. By giving to the Lord from a grateful heart, God blesses us.

As Christians, we should be thanking God’s blessing everyday

Hello Brother David,

Dreamweaver wrote this, and I really enjoyed it. Thanksgiving really should be every day.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 03:04:28 PM »

All great posts on the "attitude of gratitude" that we should have all year long ;) 

Thanks and God Bless, Eva

Amen Sister Eva!

As Christians, our THANKS should be continual. If we think about what we have for Eternity, our current circumstances in this short life don't mean very much. JESUS CHRIST is always our greatest reason for THANKS. HE has gone on before us to prepare a place for us in Heaven, and we should know that this world isn't our home. Our current body of flesh and bones is just a tent that we use for a short time in this life. GOD will give us a Glorified Body like the one JESUS CHRIST has at HIS Appointed Time.

By the world's standards, it really doesn't matter in this short life whether we are rich or poor - healthy or ill. We are just passing through and waiting to go HOME. Our riches aren't silver or gold, but they are beyond human imagination. If we think about it, GOD has richly blessed us even in this short life. Again, our circumstances considered by the world really don't make very much difference. What's in our hearts is what really makes the difference. As Christians, the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD lives in our hearts, and we are Children of the KING OF KINGS on a short journey away from HOME. So, it shouldn't take much to make us the happiest people on the face of the earth.

Love In Christ,
Tom

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 09:33:14 AM »

bumping this up again

Thanksgiving is next week but as stated before, for Christians, Thanksgiving is everyday.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 12:35:18 PM by David_james » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 12:19:50 AM »

bumping this up again

Thanksgiving is next week but as stated before, for Christians, Thanksgiving is everyday.

AMEN BROTHER DAVID!

Brother, I think that all Christians are close to going HOME, and our reasons for giving THANKS to GOD are greater by the day. I know we have problems and trials to face, but GOD never promised us that things would be easy in this short life. In fact, HE Promised the opposite. I like to think about the Ministry of the Apostle Paul frequently and KNOW the PROMISES of GOD! The sufferings of this present time are nothing in comparison to the JOY and PEACE that will be for ETERNITY with JESUS CHRIST!

Brother, every Christian has wonderful reasons to make THANKSGIVING every day of the year!

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 1:1-11 NASB  Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, To the church of God which is at Corinth with all the saints who are throughout Achaia:  2  Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.  3  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,  4  who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.  5  For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ.  6  But if we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; or if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which is effective in the patient enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer;  7  and our hope for you is firmly grounded, knowing that as you are sharers of our sufferings, so also you are sharers of our comfort.  8  For we do not want you to be unaware, brethren, of our affliction which came to us in Asia, that we were burdened excessively, beyond our strength, so that we despaired even of life;  9  indeed, we had the sentence of death within ourselves so that we would not trust in ourselves, but in God who raises the dead;  10  who delivered us from so great a peril of death, and will deliver us, He on whom we have set our hope. And He will yet deliver us,  11  you also joining in helping us through your prayers, so that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the favor bestowed on us through the prayers of many.

Romans 8:16-28 NASB  The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,  17  and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.  18  For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.  19  For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.  20  For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope  21  that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.  22  For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.  23  And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.  24  For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees?  25  But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.  26  In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;  27  and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.  28  And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

2 Corinthians 5:1-21 NASB  For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.  2  For indeed in this house we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven,  3  inasmuch as we, having put it on, will not be found naked.  4  For indeed while we are in this tent, we groan, being burdened, because we do not want to be unclothed but to be clothed, so that what is mortal will be swallowed up by life.  5  Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge.  6  Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord--  7  for we walk by faith, not by sight--  8  we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.  9  Therefore we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him.  10  For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.  11  Therefore, knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade men, but we are made manifest to God; and I hope that we are made manifest also in your consciences.  12  We are not again commending ourselves to you but are giving you an occasion to be proud of us, so that you will have an answer for those who take pride in appearance and not in heart.  13  For if we are beside ourselves, it is for God; if we are of sound mind, it is for you.  14  For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died;  15  and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf.  16  Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer.  17  Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.  18  Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation,  19  namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.  20  Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.  21  He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 12:52:06 AM »

Thanksgiving really should be every day.

Which I have written in this years Thanksgiving newsletter.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 01:49:33 AM »

Which I have written in this years Thanksgiving newsletter.

Hello DreamWeaver,

Brother Bob, I just read it and think it's BEAUTIFUL! I, for one, would really appreciate it if you posted it on the open forum for everyone to read. It's nice to concentrate on the Promises of GOD and what we have to be thankful for. We have all kinds of negative things happening around us, but nothing can take what we have IN CHRIST and the JOY we have IN CHRIST! I think that everyone needs to be reminded often to GIVE THANKS EVERY DAY, and your newsletter should help us do that.

THANKS AGAIN BROTHER! This was something beautiful for me to read and think about.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 110 - Colossians 3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do
it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 05:26:23 AM »

I didn't get the newsletter

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 05:47:01 AM »

I didn't get the newsletter

GOOD MORNING BROTHER DAVID!

It hasn't been sent out yet. LORD Willing, it will be sent out tonight after everyone gets a chance to request additions, etc. Try looking for it late this evening. ADMIN hasn't had a chance to read it yet. By the way, I think that Brother Bob did a great job on it, and I really enjoyed it.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Favorite Bible Quotes 404 - Psalms 19:14 Let the words of my mouth,
and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my
strength, and my redeemer.

JudyV

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 06:31:49 PM »

AMEN!I'm in a wheelchair and I live with my 85 year old Mother(such a blessing!) I read somewhere "your need, is probably the answer someone else's prayer" and I need help alot!And I try to always smile and say "Thank you!"
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 08:51:41 PM by JudyV » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the