Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:50:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  what will we rule over?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: what will we rule over?  (Read 3575 times)
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2007, 07:05:02 PM »

On new earth we will rule with Jesus. I am thinking we rule animals. My Dad thinks we will rule a galaxy. I don't see myself doing that.
What do you guys think?

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 01:00:14 PM »

I really would like to discuss this please.

I know we are not meant to understand or know everything but to rule a galaxy? That doesn't sound right

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 01:30:12 PM »

Hi David,

No where does the Bible say anything about ruling the galaxy. Here are a few verses though that do tell us who will reign and what they will reign over.

Rom 8:17  And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2Ti 2:12  If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Rev 5:8  And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
Rev 5:9  And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
Rev 5:10  And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Rev 20:4  And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5  But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6  Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 11:13:49 PM »

Thank you Pastor Roger. I knew we reign with him. Also I just remembered another verse about there being no stars. How can there be a galaxy with no stars?

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 03:10:23 PM »

I know that many of us will be given kingdoms & once a year we will go to
where God put's the New Jerusalem (that decended from Heaven after the Great White Throne of Judgment)
This is spoken of in the book of Rev. & a couple of old testament books in the Bible.
And where the life giving waters flow from the throne of God and gives rebirth to the Dead Sea,
the Bible say's we will go fishing their...
Some will never leave the presence of God, they will dwell in that new jerusalem with God forever,
It just depends on what job the lord gives us, some will go out and take the leaves that bare the 12 differant fruits
and heal the nations(earth) with them..
Some will have powers!
I know we that love him will be as he is & where he is in a twikle of an eye!
Think about that for a second, to travel to where God is, in a blink of an eye!
I believe some people might be able to travel where ever they want too,
I can't see us just being here forever & ever & ever!
I'm not complaining though! I'd be happy to be a Dung bearer, than to be without God!
I also know we can't even begin to imagine what our Father has planned for us!
I pray for that day, everyday!
I can't wait , but, i do as the lord said to, wait & watch for that day patiently...
Good post, I can't wait to see all the other opinions on this matter?
Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 02:02:36 PM »

During the 1000 yr reign the book of Rev. clearly shows
@ the begining of the 1000 yrs., the anti-christ & the false prophet are thrown into the lake of fire(not to be confused w/Hell).
Satan is sealed up in the pit for those 1000 yrs.
At this time the Raptured Bride, 144,000 & those that refused to take the mark will reign with Jesus
on earth for those 1000 yrs...
Also during this time we will be healing the nations from all the destruction that has happened...

Millions of people are still alive as we are right now, We know this because after the 1000 yr reign w/ Jesus.
Satan is let loose to gather from Gog & magog & from the 4 corners of the earth...
That means regular people & Evil will still exsist for those 1000 yrs.
When those armies gather themselves against us, Fire comes down from God & devours them!
Then the judgment at the Great White Throne of Judgment..
Then the New Jerusalem decends to earth and God & Jesus dwells with man forever & ever!

Revelation 20
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Next ch. for the new jerusalem
Love Duane

P.S 
1Thess. 4:          Clearly shows that our loved ones that have died in Christ hav'nt risen yet...
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For THE LORD himself shall descend from heaven WITH A SHOUT, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and THE DEAD IN CHRIST SHALL RISE FIRST:

17 THEN WE which are alive and remain shall be CAUGHT UP TOGETHER with them in the clouds, TO MEET THE LORD in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

I know this has'nt happened yet, I believe it's about too though!
There is alot more biblical ref: on this matter...

I think this might help some of you that think your loved ones are in Heaven right now,
Their is only a chosen few in Heaven right now:
Think about it, How will the earth, sea, death & hell  give up it's dead in the end then???
And if there aready ressurected WHO is it that meets us in the sky when the trumpet is blown?
Love Duane

« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 02:56:06 PM by Littleboy » Logged
dan p

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 05:59:16 PM »

Could you say emphaticly who are the few in heaven ? And where do those who are christians , go when they die ?   Do you believe in soul sleep ? Please clarify ?
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 09:50:17 AM »

When a Christian dies we go to heaven.  See the example of Lazarus and the rich man.  Upon Lazarus' death the angels came and carried him to heaven. 

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 10:10:29 AM »

When a Christian dies we go to heaven.  See the example of Lazarus and the rich man.  Upon Lazarus' death the angels came and carried him to heaven. 
we don't go to heaven until the Rapture

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 10:53:53 AM »

we don't go to heaven until the Rapture

Good Morning Again Brother David and All,

If a Christian physically dies before the Rapture, he or she is "absent from the body and present with the LORD". The body in that grave will be resurrected at the Rapture, but it will be changed into a Glorified Body.

Christians who are still alive at the time of the Rapture will be caught up to meet the LORD in the air, and the bodies will be changed to Glorified Bodies. We should know that flesh and blood as our old body is NOT fit for our inheritance, so GOD has Promised us a Glorified Body that is FIT for our inheritance. We must also remember that GOD has promised us no more pain, sorrow, and tears.

Edited to ADD:  Brother David, we are not defined by our flesh and blood body. As Christians, our flesh and blood body is like a tent for temporary use in this short life. We are defined by the Eternal Spirit within us. Philippians 3:20-21  For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

2 Corinthians 5:5-8 NASB
Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge. Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord -- for we walk by faith, not by sight -- we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 NASB
But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15:50-58 NASB
Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory. "O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O  DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 11:42:25 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the