Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 08:00:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286810 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Gospel of Mark written before or after...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gospel of Mark written before or after...  (Read 1296 times)
redsox24b

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2007, 09:39:08 PM »

I accepted Jesus this year.. but when it comes to the bible.. i'm unsure of what to think. I was watching the history channel about the Temple in Jerusalem. It's amazing how massive the Temple is. 9 stories high, about 30 football field lengths. To think Jesus said not one stone would stand ontop of each other ( ofcourse the base still stands to this day ) but the temple itself didnt stand.

But as the show continued.. The next topic was "Jesus prophesied the collapse of the Temple in the gospel of mark.. but was mark really written before or after the temple was destroyed. Many scholars believe it was written after" something like that

This made me think.. can we trust the gospel of mark.. or any other gospels? how can we be sure it really was written before the temple was destroyed?

i'm new to the bible.. and i tend on studying it as much as i can
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 09:50:41 PM »

First let me welcome you to Christians unite

Second, yes mark was written after but was written in order of events

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 10:09:55 PM »

Hi rs,

Welcome to Christians Unite.

When it comes to the Bible there will be many that will do and say anything that they can to bring doubt to what is written in it. It makes it easier to choose and select what they want to believe and what they don't want to believe. We see the witnesses of this statement by Jesus telling us of this in three of Gospels (Mat 24:2, Mar 13:2, Luk 21:6 and Luk 19:44 )

As Christians we should believe in every word of God. The Bible is indeed the word of God as all scripture is given by the inspiration of God.

2Ti 3:16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

If we cannot believe any portion of the Bible then how can we believe any of it? I will believe God before I would believe some of these so-called scholars that wish to put doubt in peoples minds and hearts.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 10:18:49 PM »

First let me welcome you to Christians unite

Second, yes mark was written after but was written in order of events

The temple was destroyed in 70AD. Mark had already been martyred in the year 67AD. It is believed that the book of Mark was first written in 50 to 52AD. The book of Matthew was also written in the same approximate time. It is thought that the Gospel of Luke was written no later than 60-63AD. So it was written before the destruction of the temple.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 10:50:19 PM »

I need to correct my last post. Mark had been martyred by the year 57AD not 67AD. This information is verified by many non-scripture references.

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 11:25:18 PM »

I misunderstood question, my apologies

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 08:06:01 AM »

I accepted Jesus this year.. but when it comes to the bible.. i'm unsure of what to think. I was watching the history channel about the Temple in Jerusalem. It's amazing how massive the Temple is. 9 stories high, about 30 football field lengths. To think Jesus said not one stone would stand ontop of each other ( ofcourse the base still stands to this day ) but the temple itself didnt stand.

But as the show continued.. The next topic was "Jesus prophesied the collapse of the Temple in the gospel of mark.. but was mark really written before or after the temple was destroyed. Many scholars believe it was written after" something like that

This made me think.. can we trust the gospel of mark.. or any other gospels? how can we be sure it really was written before the temple was destroyed?

i'm new to the bible.. and i tend on studying it as much as i can

Hello Redsox24b,

WELCOME!

If you just accepted JESUS CHRIST as your Saviour, I would suggest that you forget all sources of learning except a good Bible Teaching Church, mainly your Bible, and maybe some Christian friends who are mature in GOD'S WORD. There is rarely anything accurate about GOD'S WORD on the television, so television is a very poor way to learn anything about GOD'S WORD. All the television will do for you is confuse you.

I highly recommend the completely FREE e-Sword Bible Study package for your computer. You can read all about it in the Computers and Software area. It's an outstanding package that really is FREE with no strings attached. There are a few add-on modules on other sites that cost money, but you really don't need them. There are literally thousands of completely FREE and excellent Bible Study resources for e-Sword. Read the information about it and you'll see what I mean.

I'll simply say that the Holy Bible is GOD'S WORD, and it is the ultimate TRUTH. EVERYTHING in GOD'S WORD is absolute TRUTH. If any source says something contrary to the Holy Bible - it's WRONG! At this point, you should be reading the Holy Bible in an attempt to learn and become stronger in CHRIST, NOT to try and prove something wrong in the BIBLE. Just remember that everything else in this world is proved right or wrong by the BIBLE - NOT the other way around. This includes science, history, and literally EVERYTHING. Whatever is CONTRARY to the HOLY BIBLE is wrong!

I sincerely hope that you enjoy Christians Unite. I look forward to reading your posts and having fellowship with you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the