Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:33:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286809 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Another question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another question  (Read 5269 times)
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2007, 09:52:43 AM »

I don't know what it is but obviously my armour isn't very strong. My shield is but can only take so much.

I was talking to someone and the conversation turned into them saying "the Bible can't be taken literal because it indicates that sun revolves around earth and moon gives light" Genesis 1:16, Joshua 10:13. How should I have answered?

Also another person on that site, still is asking about how we can see stars millions of light years away if earth is only 6000 years old. I gave answers you gave me but people even Christians said that wasn't proof.

Finally, is it pushing to say "it isn't my belief, it is fact" or "people who reject Jesus will go to Hell"? Or is it just not loving witnessing?

I feel like I am attacked and not allowed to talk about Jesus.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 10:15:39 AM »

David,

As for you being attacked and feeling that you are not able or allowed to talk about Jesus, that is exactly what the devil wants. We Christians are all under the same attack.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 12:05:05 PM by airIam2worship » Logged

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 10:35:35 AM »

Hi David,

It is a difficult subject that you are involved with there. So many people have been indoctrinated in evolution and the old age theory for so many years they do not want to accept God's word. First of all neither of those verses state that the sun revolves around the earth. It is a matter of their wanting to see it that way. Let's look at those verses closely.

Gen 1:16  And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Jos 10:13  And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

The sun stood still, and the moon stayed. The author of Joshua is simply saying that the sun and the moon remained in the same place in the sky. It says nothing about which one is rotating around the other. "and hasted not to go down about a whole day" Many people, even the politically correct evolutionists still refer to sunrise as the "sun coming up" and dusk as the "sun going down".

These statements are not supporting either the rotation of the earth or the rotation of the sun. It is a weak argument on their part to simply disprove the Bible in order to substantiate their beliefs in evolution.

On the millions of light years. It has been proven already that the speed of light does is not a fixed equation. Even if it were they are limiting God's power by saying that He is restricted to the very laws that He has made on mankind. He made the speed of light, in fact He made the light itself, therefore He can control it completely. When God said, let there be light, He spoke and it was there where He wanted it to be and when He wanted it to be there. By saying that God has to obey the speed of light is an attempt to lesson the power of God to the power of mankind, to make Him the same as they are. Unfortunately many want "proof" in the manner that they can understand. We told that we are to have faith. That faith includes believing God's word and not the wisdom of man. If we cannot have faith in God's word then how can we have faith that Jesus Christ is real. To disbelieve the words of Jesus Christ, to disbelieve the letireal translation of 6 days in Genesis is to say that sin did not enter the world as Genesis says, that death did not start then but many years before man was even created. It is to call God a liar to say such.

Finally, is it pushing to say "it isn't my belief, it is fact" or "people who reject Jesus will go to Hell"? Or is it just not loving witnessing?

No, it is telling the truth. If we say less than the truth then we are not having the love in our hearts that is needed to attempt to prevent them from going to hell. It isn't just a belief, it is God's word. To deny God's word is to deny Him and those that deny Him will indeed go to hell. It is an unfortunate thing but it is their choice and not the choice of God.

Sometimes it is best though to simply give them the truth and if they reject that truth then to let it go and let God work on their hearts instead of continuing to argue with them. I know this is hard sometimes as I have gone through it myself. Having a great love for others makes you want to grab hold of them, shake them and say wake up. We know that we can't and shouldn't do that. So we simply need to stand fast in our faith and to continue planting the seeds.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 12:00:03 PM »

Thank you Roger. I will let them be. I agree with your answers but they won't.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 12:42:29 PM »

Hello Brother David,

I just want to address one thing. People who try to share the GOSPEL and JESUS CHRIST will be attacked. Christians can't be expected to be experts on every issue. You can also be sure that the devil has a list of questions to try and trip up Christians.

Christians don't need a degree in physics, biology, or science to be a Christian. In fact, Christians don't need any kind of degree to share GOD'S WORD. Bluntly, I would say that self-proclaimed Christians who want to question GOD or HIS WORD are pretty silly, and they have a problem - not you.

Are All Christians expected to have an answer for every question that the devil throws at them? NO!  Some folks want to get you so busy in finding answers that you no longer have time to share the GOOD NEWS. There are quite reasonable and logical answers for everything the devil can throw at us, but how often do we want to allow the devil to get us off course? Believe it or not, there are sites on the Internet with a sole purpose to train folks how to derail Christians from their primary mission. The list of questions is already published, and groups of atheists develop new questions all the time to derail Christians - GET THEM OFF TRACK. The questions they ask aren't because of their own brilliance or because of any degrees they have. The questions are published to make it hard for Christians. If it becomes too hard, many Christians give up - AND THAT'S WHAT THE DEVIL WANTS!

There are also web sites for Christians that have the questions used by the devil answered. For the issues you are talking about now, Answers In Genesis is GREAT!

http://www.answersingenesis.org/

David, there are many excellent - STRONG Christian sites with answers. Here's a few more to look at when you get time:

Christian Answers
http://christiananswers.net/home.html

Apologetics Index
http://www.apologeticsindex.org/

Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry
http://www.carm.org/

Brother David, I must mention that Christians Unite is a massive Online Christian Community with much more than just the forum:
http://www.christiansunite.com/

I'm not claiming that any of the sites are perfect, but GOD'S WORD IS PERFECT!

Christians should all pray for each other, fellowship with each other, strengthen and encourage each other, and grow together in CHRIST. This is one reason why I love Christians Unite. The devil doesn't have a pulpit here. We can give the GOSPEL and share with each other all we want without the constant interruptions of the devil. We have tons of the HARDEST questions already answered on Christians Unite and sources for additional Bible Study. Everything here will boil down to GOD'S WORD being the ultimate and ONLY TRUTH! GOD'S WORD is used to judge other things as true or false - not the other way around. As an easy example: if a scientist is in disagreement with the Holy Bible - the scientist is WRONG - END OF STORY! If I tell you something about CREATION that disagrees with what GOD has told us - I'm WRONG - END OF STORY!

The HOLY BIBLE is the SOURCE PROOF FOR TRUTH - NOT MAN! Why? - THE HOLY BIBLE IS GOD'S WORD - END OF STORY! Mankind teaches all kinds of things that are contrary to what the HOLY BIBLE teaches, so the HOLY BIBLE is PROOF that they are WRONG - END OF STORY! Some people would criticize me and say that this is too blunt and simple. My answer would also be blunt and simple: IF GOD SAID IT - IT'S TRUTH AND I BELIEVE IT! IF GOD PROMISES SOMETHING - IT WILL BE DONE! YES! - it is just this simple.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 01:05:47 PM »

Not only an AMEN but an AMEN!

I would also like to add another link that has excellent information on this subject:

http://www.icr.org/

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 03:28:33 PM »

thank you you guys. I don't know very much about anything and sometimes less. However I know that God is all powerful and is perfect and all knowing, therefore it us that doesn't understand.
They want answers but my answer is faith in God. Faith that he is in control.
I can only understand so much because my mind is so small and finite, while his so big and infinite.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 03:35:05 PM »

However I know that God is all powerful and is perfect and all knowing, therefore it us that doesn't understand.
I can only understand so much because my mind is so small and finite, while his so big and infinite.

AMEN David!!

I will be praying for you.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 05:19:25 PM »

thank you you guys. I don't know very much about anything and sometimes less. However I know that God is all powerful and is perfect and all knowing, therefore it us that doesn't understand.

Another Amen Brother David!

I love your answer, and it's absolutely true for all of us. In fact, the more I read your answer, the better I like it. GOD is in CONTROL, and our FAITH in HIM is the most important issue of this short life. Everything else is small in comparison. Brother David, you really just spoke volumes, and I love it. AND, I love you in Christ.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 05:32:09 PM »

Another Amen.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the