Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:31:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Opening a new Business
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Opening a new Business  (Read 1150 times)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« on: November 25, 2003, 06:58:21 PM »

Hey, I need some prayer for my family. My family and a few friends wants to open a coffee house in town. We have 2 colleges, a high school, and no place to hang out. Since my Dad is busy being both full time pastor of our strangely mixed church and working full time at the Hospital, my mom (making coffee for her husbands for 30 years, and coffee for her son for 19) and one of the ex-pastors (CFNI graduate who spent a lot of time working at Starbucks)  will run it. I think it will be a great job for me, because with my family owning and operator the joint, getting off for tests and classes and study time isn’t going to be hard Grin We are going to try and make in an outreach sort of thing, as well. We have have several friends and pastors from all over who sound interested in supporting us. My dad has been in Anastasia for over 30 years, and he is ready to retire, and he would LOVE to have a coffee show to spent time at and work at when he does. And ever sence leavign the Church, my ex-Paster has had low paying jobs, and his wife had a baby. Being a Store Manager of a coffee house is just his thing, and he needs a good job! And with his CFNI time, he would be great for when time comes to minister.

Well, my mother is finding out about the evils of discrimination, because white, married, mother-of-2's can’t get grants. We need prayer that we can find a place, and get some money to open the place with. We have connections with people in town, and well as coffee house owners around the area, and are working on ways to roast coffee in the house (yum!). We just need pray on getting started, basically, things like money and location. And of course, we really need prayer on being able to make this place a good ministry. Of course, we have in mind what we want for everything, but Gods will be done. He knows what is best. So pray that we all have wisdom, and don’t miss what He is telling us and make this into one big blunder.

If anyone has any experience with opening a business (restaurant or not), let us know. PM or, or post here, with some good websites and books to get, and some good advice.

Thanks guy, I know I can count on you for prayer and advice. I’m really excited about this. My parents have talked about it for years, but it looks like now they are serous about this! Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2003, 12:11:03 AM »

Will do.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2003, 08:22:22 PM »

thanks Smiley

Jesussavedusall

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2003, 02:19:32 AM »

Good Luck on that! Hope you don't run into as many problems as I always read about.
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2003, 07:16:54 AM »

Praying, Tibby!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2003, 12:32:20 PM »

Thanks guys. Things are starting to come together. Keep us in mind in your prayers! Smiley

DovesWings

Where will you spend eternity? smoking or Non?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2003, 07:41:55 PM »

Praying for you!!! Smiley

"For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says Do not fear, I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

In the dark?  Follow the Son!!!
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2003, 08:21:26 PM »

Thanks!

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2003, 08:52:55 AM »

Coffee sounds good.  I could use a cup right now.

What will be the menu?  Will it include food?  
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2003, 02:15:50 PM »

Some friends from Church own and operate "the Lunchbox." It is a hole in the wall mom and pop, Breakfast and Burger shop. THe best burgers in town. You CANNOT get food at lunch time there, it is so busy! And her food is the highlight of Church dinners. She (the wife) said she would be happy to make her country famous Sticky buns for us Grin That is, if the employees don't eat them all. Wink

We have a coffee supplier all lined up (serously, best coffee I've ever tasted). We also plan on roasting and hand press the beans our selves. On top of that, we are still in the process of finding out what kind of Cappacheno people like. Everyone says they like them, but half the people who say that are talking about the coco with a shot of folgers they give you at the Gas station. If the case is more people like them, we will add MORE flavored stuff as well as coffee. Chai Tea, Coco, Caffe Latte, Flavor shots for coffee, etc.

I just deleted a 2 paragraph tangent about what I want the shop to be that I wrote without even noticing! I have coffee shop fever Grin

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2003, 03:39:13 PM »

A variety of coffees and sticky buns sounds good to me.

If it were me, whatever I decided on, I would want a "core" menu that would be unchanging no matter what; around that might revolve the various test items, if you are into that.

I think it's important to keep a core menu available at all times the business is open, insofar as possible.  

And, if possible, think clearly about exactly what it is you're offering.  Whatever you advertise yourself as, should probably be the core menu.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2003, 05:48:21 PM »

Thanks for the tips.  Smiley

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2003, 04:16:44 PM »

Yessir.  We'll keep you in prayer, Tibby...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the