Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:48:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Israel & Middle East Peace Conference
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Israel & Middle East Peace Conference  (Read 21236 times)
HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2007, 10:46:01 PM »

They say its about a boycott............... I say its about the coming war.

True that Brother.  True that.

Let us fight the good fight!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2007, 12:55:45 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I also say it's about a coming war - if not now - soon.

I also have very simple thoughts about what land belongs to Israel. Some will laugh at this, but I don't care at all. GOD describes the land that belongs to HIM and Israel in the Holy Bible. You heard me right - the land belongs to GOD! - and it involves GOD'S Promises to Israel. Mankind may temporarily encroach on what belongs to GOD and Israel, but GOD will set it right at HIS Appointed Time.

I, for one, hate to hear about mankind negotiating with what belongs to GOD. I would be a rotten politician on this issue because I see NO compromise at all for what belongs to GOD and Israel. It doesn't sound reverent for me to even talk about it. That's GOD'S Business and already decided by HIM. Who are we to question the proclamations, decisions, and Promises of ALMIGHTY GOD?

Let's go back to the other issue being talked about. YES - common sense dictates this was a council of war. Anyone following the events should be able to figure this out easily.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 10:24-25 NASB
Therefore thus says the Lord GOD of hosts, "O My people who dwell in Zion, do not fear the Assyrian who strikes you with the rod and lifts up his staff against you, the way Egypt did. "For in a very little while My indignation against you will be spent and My anger will be directed to their destruction."

Isaiah 13:9-13 NASB
Behold, the day of the LORD is coming, Cruel, with fury and burning anger, To make the land a desolation; And He will exterminate its sinners from it. For the stars of heaven and their constellations Will not flash forth their light; The sun will be dark when it rises And the moon will not shed its light. Thus I will punish the world for its evil And the wicked for their iniquity; I will also put an end to the arrogance of the proud And abase the haughtiness of the ruthless. I will make mortal man scarcer than pure gold And mankind than the gold of Ophir. Therefore I will make the heavens tremble, And the earth will be shaken from its place At the fury of the LORD of hosts In the day of His burning anger.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 12:57:35 AM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2007, 06:57:30 AM »

Blair: Israel needs psychological shift
David Horovitz
THE JERUSALEM POST
Nov. 5, 2007

Middle East envoy Tony Blair on Sunday urged Israel to make a "psychological shift" from indifference and skepticism about the prospects of progress with the Palestinians to an active determination to "make it happen on the right terms."

He said Israel, which turns 60 in May, would "absolutely" still be here in another 60 years, but that "to guarantee its long-term security I believe it needs a viable Palestinian state."

If Israelis feel the same, Blair told The Jerusalem Post, then "the psychological shift that has to happen in the Israeli thinking is to move from saying, 'Well, if it happens, it happens, but frankly I'm skeptical about the whole thing,' to saying, 'Okay, I'm going to try and make it happen.'"

He said he was "sure that the Prime Minister [Ehud Olmert] is absolutely up for it. I've got no doubt about that at all. The next few weeks will tell whether everyone is prepared to get behind that."

At the same time, however, Blair stressed Israel should not "yield" at all on security. And he stopped short of expressing full confidence that the Palestinian leadership, under Mahmoud Abbas, was capable of carrying out the necessary reform to meet Israel's vital security needs.

It was "not impossible" for the Palestinians to transform themselves into the kind of "stable partner for Israel" that Jordan constitutes, he said. But the new Palestinian leadership is living "with a very long legacy from the past," Blair said, in a reference to the Yasser Arafat era. The question for Abbas and his colleagues was, "Do they break out of that whole mindset? Do they regard themselves as people who are going to take the risks, shoulder the responsibility and get it done or not?... All I say to Israelis," he went on, "is, well, put it to the test... What is the alternative?" Blair said he fully understood that Israel's mistrust of the Palestinian leadership was a consequence of bitter experience. Indeed, he had been telling critics of Israel that, in the light of what went wrong in the Oslo years and in the wake of the Gaza disengagement, he too, were he leading Israel, would be wary of dramatic territorial withdrawal and giving the Palestinians' statehood. "When you're saying to [Israel], 'We now want you to pull out of everywhere and give [the Palestinians] a state, you know, any of us who were in the shoes of the Israeli prime minister or any Israeli minister would be saying 'Whoa.'"

Nonetheless, he went on, "the danger in this situation, if I can be very blunt about it, is that you say 'There have been 60 years of failure of negotiation and therefore it's always going to fail,' whereas actually sometimes things aren't like that. And to be fair to this Palestinian leadership, as I keep emphasizing, they're living with the legacy of a certain type of politics and you don't escape from that immediately."

Asked whether Abbas was prepared to renounce the "right of return" and to take other viable final status positions, the former British prime minister said, "It's not for me to negotiate for Abbas, but I think Abbas knows exactly what he needs to do to have a proper final status negotiation." He added that the respective final-status positions of the two sides were such that "it is possible to see how an agreement could be reached... In my view the Palestinians are prepared to be realistic, sensible and focused in agreeing those terms in the final status negotiations."

Crucial though he considered the diplomatic track leading to the planned Annapolis gathering, Blair stressed that an international donors conference scheduled for Paris in December was "every bit as important," since it is there that the Palestinians are supposed to produce "a medium-term strategy" for reform of their security and other institutions.

Blair, 54, who has been making frequent visits to meet with Israeli and Palestinian leaders since taking up the post of Quartet envoy in June, was interviewed by the Post during a whirlwind 24-hour trip. While much of the conversation naturally focused on his efforts to work with the Palestinians on institution-building, his primary task as envoy, he also set out hard-hitting positions on the battle against Islamic extremism, the root causes of terror, and the need to stand firm against Iran.

He stressed that he did not believe the Israeli-Palestinian conflict was the cause of attacks such as the 2005 London public transport bombings, and neither were the situations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"This terrorism is not our fault," he said. It needed to be fought through a combination of military action where necessary and "a galvanizing idea that is more powerful" than the extremists' message. "And that idea is not simply about freedom and democracy, though it should be about that, but also about justice," he said.

"The trouble with a large part of the Western world is that we're in a state of semi-apology the whole time, and that's an absolutely hopeless position from which to take this thing on... A large part of public opinion in the West is basically saying, 'We have caused this. It's our fault they're like this.' I just think that's nonsense."

He said he had personally found himself "in profound disagreement with a large part of public opinion" in Britain on this, "which is tough." But he felt it was better to hold to his positions than to embrace what he considered misguided policies. "If you look at the posture of much of the Western world on Iraq and Afghanistan," he said, "it is, 'If you come after us really, really hard, we'll give up.' I mean, how do you win a battle from that perspective?"

Blair said he was "completely on the hard side of the argument in terms of staying the course" in Iraq and in the wider battle against terrorism. This was why, he said, "I get your security situation completely. If I was you, I would not yield on security at all. That's not my point. My point is a different one: If a Palestinian state is ultimately in your long-term interest for reasons of security, you should try and make it happen on the right terms."

As for Iran, Blair was blunt: "The tougher we are, actually the easier it will be... What they need to know is that the international community is united, strong and determined that they should not have a nuclear weapons capability and they should not continue to support terrorism."

Blair: Israel needs psychological shift

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2007, 07:02:57 AM »

Middle East envoy Tony Blair on Sunday urged Israel to make a "psychological shift" from indifference and skepticism about the prospects of progress with the Palestinians to an active determination to "make it happen on the right terms."

He said Israel, which turns 60 in May, would "absolutely" still be here in another 60 years, but that "to guarantee its long-term security I believe it needs a viable Palestinian state."

The recent exhortation to Israel from Middle East Peace envoy Tony Blair, that Israel can have peace with the Palestinians, has positive and negative prophetic significance, that is according to Bible prophecy.

The peace envoy believes that the Israeli's and the Palestinians can co-exist in the Middle East into the future. This thought pattern displayed by Blair is in contradiction to Bible prophecy.

The ancient Jewish prophet's wrote that the Jews, descendants of Jacob, and the Palestinians, descendants of Esau will continue to fight each other until the Messiah, Jesus Christ comes back to earth, Malachi 1:2-4, Ezekiel 35 and Obediah.

Tony Blair's position as Middle East Peace Envoy is a prototype for a leader who will come to power out of the Revived Roman Empire, that would be the European Union, today, and will indeed establish a peace; howbeit a short-term peace between the Jewish state of Israel and it's Arab and Moslem neighboring states. This scenario is found in Daniel 7 and also Daniel 9:27.

I do want to say though, I DO NOT believe that that the antichrist, will be fulfilled by Tony Blair, but indeed he is a perfect prototype. Even if the antichrist is alive now, (which I believe) there is no doubt he knows he is the antichrist.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2007, 09:08:27 AM »

The peace envoy believes that the Israeli's and the Palestinians can co-exist in the Middle East into the future. This thought pattern displayed by Blair is in contradiction to Bible prophecy.

The ancient Jewish prophet's wrote that the Jews, descendants of Jacob, and the Palestinians, descendants of Esau will continue to fight each other until the Messiah, Jesus Christ comes back to earth, Malachi 1:2-4, Ezekiel 35 and Obediah.

This was exactly my thought as I read.  The only peace that will come will be a false peace.  Heads of state, the U.N., all the leaders of the world can meet and have all the peace talks they want, but it won't change the outcome.  It's already been decided.

As far as the anti-christ, I think most of us agree with you.  If the end is as near as I feel it is, he has to be here and a grown adult now.  Morbid curiosity makes me want to know who it will turn out to be, but certainly not enough to be "left behind!"

Let us fight the good fight!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2007, 09:11:22 AM »

Amen Brother Bob!

Thanks for the excellent information. The news is always bad and appears to be more dark by the minute, but this is not the time for Christians to become discouraged and depressed. We need to review GOD'S Promises to us often and know that GOD can still use us to the last moment. This is one of the things we should desire and pray for. Let us be ready and willing to be used by GOD however HE Will. The joy of GOD'S Promises haven't changed one bit, and this world isn't our home.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 2:1-2 NASB
Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2007, 11:52:23 AM »

Morbid curiosity makes me want to know who it will turn out to be, but certainly not enough to be "left behind!"

I to have/had a morbid curiosity about who this is?
And i have come up with someone!
About 15 yrs ago i heard the King of Spain Jaun Carlos whos family can be traced back to the times of the Romans
and many other little things....
Anyways i heard him say that his son was being kept in a SECRET CHAMBER for his protection...(something familuar about that) Grin
Jaun Carlos JR. is about to become the King of Spain...

I TRUELY BELIEVE SPAIN IS THAT LITTLE  HORN!!!!

I Know this does'nt mean that its him, But if you do some research on this guy you will wonder>>>
Your Loving Brother Duane
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2007, 12:31:39 PM »

Good Morning Brother Duane!

Thanks! This is fascinating, and I know that many will check into this. Bible Prophecy is fascinating, and GOD gave it to us for study. GOD knows that many will love HIS appearance and anxiously await. Today would be a wonderful day for the Rapture!

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 John 3:1-2 NASB
See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2007, 01:05:09 PM »

Good Morning Brother Duane!

Thanks! This is fascinating, and I know that many will check into this. Bible Prophecy is fascinating, and GOD gave it to us for study. GOD knows that many will love HIS appearance and anxiously await. Today would be a wonderful day for the Rapture!

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 John 3:1-2 NASB
See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

Good morning Brother Tom
TODAY would be a wonderful day to go,AMEN!  Cry tears of JOY

Is the OLD church of Pergamos(Rev.2:13) in the area of Spain?
I hav'nt seen a map on this or if this even pertains to
where he Might come from: Where he dwells & where The seat of Satan is..(i'm only using this verse to pin point that area,Ok? I don't want to get into any trouble with God)

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2007, 01:14:54 PM »

Is the OLD church of Pergamos(Rev.2:13) in the area of Spain?
I hav'nt seen a map on this or if this even pertains to
where he Might come from: Where he dwells & where The seat of Satan is..(i'm only using this verse to pin point that area,Ok? I don't want to get into any trouble with God)

No brother, Pergamosis is in Turkey, all of the churches spoken of in Revelations is in Asia Minor (Turkey).

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2007, 01:27:21 PM »

Thank you, Brother, I knew it was in A.M., I just didn't know if spain was in that area?
YOU have a pc, you would think? you would have looked it up thier? (Sorry typing to myself,my smarter half)  Grin
Turkey again Huh?
I wish they would hurry up and become part of the E.U...
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2007, 01:42:29 PM »

Brother Spain is over next to the Atlantic ocean. Spain kind of stick out like a sore thumb. Where Turkey (ok now I'm getting hungry for a turkey sandwich) is at the opposite end.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2007, 01:44:44 PM »

Amen Brother Bob!

Thanks for the excellent information. The news is always bad and appears to be more dark by the minute, but this is not the time for Christians to become discouraged and depressed. We need to review GOD'S Promises to us often and know that GOD can still use us to the last moment. This is one of the things we should desire and pray for. Let us be ready and willing to be used by GOD however HE Will. The joy of GOD'S Promises haven't changed one bit, and this world isn't our home.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Philippians 2:1-2 NASB
Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.
Brother I look towards the brighter side of the news. The worse it gets, the closer we get to going home. So to me, bad news is good news.

Littleboy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2007, 01:55:26 PM »

Brother I look towards the brighter side of the news. The worse it gets, the closer we get to going home. So to me, bad news is good news.

AMEN!!!

Brother Spain is over next to the Atlantic ocean. Spain kind of stick out like a sore thumb. Where Turkey (ok now I'm getting hungry for a turkey sandwich) is at the opposite end.

I'm  Embarrassed to have too Thank You Brother, But Thank You...
Spain kind of stick out like a sore thumb.
How about: Sticks out like a little Horn?  Cheesy  Grin
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2007, 01:57:04 PM »

Syria rejects Annapolis invitation
Jpost.com staff and AP , THE JERUSALEM POST    Nov. 6, 2007

Syria has rejected the latest appeals from Israel to attend the US-sponsored Annapolis peace conference and will only go if the return of the Golan Heights is on the agenda, the country's deputy leader said in London on Tuesday.

Deputy Prime Minister Abdullah Dardari said Syria will not budge in its insistence that its participation in the conference in Annapolis, Maryland, hinges on the opportunity to discuss the Golan Heights, a strategic plateau Israel captured from Syria in the 1967 Six Day War and later annexed.

US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said on Sunday they wanted Syria to participate in the conference, but only on condition they set aside Syrian-Israeli issues.

Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak on Tuesday urged Syria to attend, saying the meeting could be a launching pad for new talks between the two foes.

Following a meeting with President Shimon Peres on Tuesday, Olmert said Syrian participation in the conference "would be fitting," adding that it was scheduled to take place during the last week of November. Olmert expressed hope that, should talks with the Palestinians be successful, it would pave the way for a similar process with Syria.

But in an interview in London, Dardari rejected refused the offer. "We have occupied lands - and that is the Golan Heights. For Syria to attend any such meeting requires that the Golan Heights issue is clearly on the agenda."

"We have not received any official invitation and a formal invitation should be attached to an agenda that clearly states the Golan Heights issue will be discussed at that meeting, Dardari said.

Meanwhile, Peres on Tuesday expressed optimism as to the conference's chances of success. In a press conference following a meeting with Olmert, Peres said the talks were "different from Oslo, when the Americans were not involved. No one is forcing Israel's hand today, or doubting its desire for peace."

During the press conference, Olmert said that after the Annapolis parley, negotiations with the Palestinians would begin on all core issues, adding that implementation would be based on the road map peace plan. "Both sides are obligated to take certain steps. We are prepared to fulfill all of our obligations in order to move forward," he said.

Peres said the conference would be a great opportunity. "I've had a chance to speak with Arab leaders and have felt a spirit of trust and optimism. This isn't a bad start at all, better than one could have hoped for," he said, adding that this did not mean everything would be solved instantly.

Peres said he welcomed the coordination between what he called "the deciding triangle": Washington, Jerusalem and Ramallah. "Anyone who takes a good look at the statements can see it," he said.

Olmert added that invitations to participants had not yet been sent out.

Peres and Olmert also addressed the president's upcoming official visit to Ankara.

Turkey "could play a vital role in the peace process," Peres said. He noted that Turkey had expressed interest in establishing industrial zones in Jenin, Jericho and Tarkumiya. Olmert called the trip, the first time an Israeli president would address the Turkish parliament, "historic".

During his visit, Peres is also expected to conduct joint discussions with the Turkish prime minister and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.

Syria rejects Annapolis invitation

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the