Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:01:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Son's Addiction
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Son's Addiction  (Read 1203 times)
inhishands

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2007, 07:00:21 AM »

Please, please pray for my 32 year old son who has been a heroin addict for many years.  Sometimes he can remain stable on methadone for several weeks but then he breaks down, tops up and gets violent and aggressive.  He also has acute mylodisplasia which will turn terminal.  He is already on extra time because of a course of thalidomide.  A bone marrow transplant could kill or cure him but he can't be offered it because of his addictions.  He has accepted Christ, backslidden and repented many times.  He is governed by heroin and not by Jesus.  Sometimes I wish that he would just succumb to the illness. Cry
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 07:23:28 AM »

I am so sorry to hear about your concerns about the drug addiction that has taken a hold of your son. I am putting you and your son on my prayer list and I believe there is power in prayer. Please no matter how hard it is for you please don't give up on this situation instead lean closer to God ... press harder ... don't even let the enemy hear you say such things. he will think that he has overpowered you. Remember Stronger is He that is in you than he that is in the world. I am in agreement with you for your son's freedom from drug addiction and for his complete and total deliverance, that he will rededicate his life to Jesus and be a wonderful testimony.

Thank you for posting and entrusting us with this problem, we are here not just to enjoy each other's fellowship, but also we believe mightily in prayer. May I take a moment to welcome you to CU Forums and I look forward to seeing you here more often.

Love in Christ,
Maria.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 08:25:54 AM »

Hello InHisHands,

WELCOME!

I will be praying for you and your family. I must agree 100% with what Sister Maria told you. There is no power greater than JESUS CHRIST! I honestly think that the only answer is in prayer, more prayer, and more prayer. Ask your son to pray with you and keep asking.

As Christians, we will all die unless JESUS CHRIST comes to take us home before then. The difference is that we will die in CHRIST and "be absent from the body, present with the LORD." Eternity is at stake, not just physical death in this short life. All of my HOPES and PROMISES are in JESUS CHRIST for Eternity! I honestly don't know how people without JESUS CHRIST can stand this short life. Then there is Eternity, and Eternity is REAL!

Please pray for Strength and Guidance from GOD, and don't give up.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 10:25:43 AM »

I join in the others comments. Stay strong in the Lord. I will be praying for you all in this matter.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 01:50:52 PM »

I also will join in with the others comments. I will be praying for y'all in this matter.

HisDaughter
Global Moderator
Gold Member

No Condemnation in Him

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 10:25:17 AM »

Hello InHisHands!  And you truely are.  Having come from addiction myself along with others in my family we know the despare that you are going through right now.  I agree also in the power of prayer.  I also had accepted Christ and then went back and forth for a long time, but I had people praying for me without end.  Since he already knows Christ I know the turmoil that is going on inside of him.  The guilt and the shame on top of the addiction.  The feelings of unworthyness and hopelessness.  These are the things that are keeping him down.
I agree with the above to pray with him as well as for him.  God hears and so desires to bring your son back to Him.  What is hard for you is to want so much to help your son, but you have to give him "tough love" and make sure that you're not enabling him in anyway.
My heart truely goes out to you and I will be praying also.
I noticed that it has been almost a month since your first requested prayer.  How are things going right now?
Love in Christ,
Yvette

Let us fight the good fight!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the