Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 08:57:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286797 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Oh, God, forgive me when I whine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oh, God, forgive me when I whine  (Read 9610 times)
Shylynne
Gold Member

Oh that I might kiss the feet of God!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2004, 08:10:57 AM »

I had never seen Song of the Lark, what an inspiring commentary, thankyou!!

“Christianity isn't all that complicated … it's Jesus.”   — Joni Eareckson Tada

There is no force on earth as powerful as one human soul set ablaze with the Spirit of God -  Shylynne
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2004, 08:11:16 AM »

The Best Day Of My Life

Today, when I awoke, I suddenly realized that this is the best day of my life, ever!

There were times when I wondered if I would make it to today; but I did! And because I did I'm going to celebrate!

Today, I'm going to celebrate what an unbelievable life I have had so far: the accomplishments, the many blessings, and, yes, even the hardships because they have served to make me stronger.

I will go through this day with my head held high, and a happy heart.

I will marvel at God's seemingly simple gifts: the morning dew, the sun, the clouds, the trees, the flowers, the birds. Today, none of these miraculous creations will escape my notice.

Today, I will share my excitement for life with other people. I'll make someone smile. I'll go out of my way to perform an unexpected act of kindness for someone I don't even know.

Today, I'll give a sincere compliment to someone who seems down. I'll tell a child how special he is, and I'll tell someone I love just how deeply I care for them and how much they mean to me.

Today is the day I quit worrying about what I don't have and start being grateful for all the wonderful things God has already given me.

I'll remember that to worry is just a waste of time because my faith in God and his Divine Plan ensures everything will be just fine.

Tonight, before I go to bed, I'll go outside and raise my eyes to the heavens. I will stand in awe at the beauty of the stars and the moon, and I will praise God for these magnificent treasures.

As the day ends and I lay my head down on my pillow, I will thank the Almighty for the best day of my life. And I will sleep the sleep of a contented child, excited with expectation because I know tomorrow is going to be ......
The Best Day Of My Life!

Gregory M. Lousignont, Ph.D
© copyright 1993 G.M. Lousignont, Ph.D. all rights reserved.

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2004, 08:14:38 AM »

I had never seen Song of the Lark, what an inspiring commentary, thankyou!!

You're welcome! Cheesy I thought of a dear friend who's much like me when I read it!  Wink

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2004, 08:17:03 AM »

It's in the Valleys I Grow

Sometimes life seems hard to bear,
Full of sorrow, trouble and woe
It's then I have to remember
That it's in the valleys I grow.

If I always stayed on the mountain top
And never experienced pain,
I would never appreciate God's love
And would be living in vain.

I have so much to learn
And my growth is very slow,
Sometimes I need the mountain tops,
But it's in the valleys I grow.

I do not always understand
Why things happen as they do,
But I am very sure of one thing.
My Lord will see me through.

My little valleys are nothing
When I picture Christ on the cross
He went through the valley of death;
His victory was Satan's loss.

Forgive me Lord, for complaining
When I'm feeling so very low.
Just give me a gentle reminder
That it's in the valleys I grow.

Continue to strengthen me, Lord
And use my life each day
To share your love with others
And help them find their way.

Thank you for valleys, Lord
For this one thing I know
The mountain tops are glorious
But it's in the valleys I grow!

This poem was written by Jane Eggleston who currently lives in Virginia. Her son Jeff states, "She is a wonderful person, loves Jesus and has been the best mother anyone could ever ask for." What a fitting tribute to any mother.)

archangel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2004, 11:17:10 AM »

Thanks for the beautiful post, Sincereheart....you do share some of the best inspirations with us.  May not see the lark but sure can hear it when looking at that painting.

archangel

Psa 119:11  Thy word have I laid up in my heart, That I might not sin against thee.
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2004, 09:09:05 AM »

Awwwww! Thanks!  Cheesy

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2004, 09:14:52 AM »

Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2004, 11:40:15 AM »

What a beautiful picture; I love old paintings of peasant women, and I'll save this one.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
rose_2004

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2004, 10:12:12 PM »

So touching.  Thank you so much sister for sending that in.  Sometimes we just do realize how blessed we are.

rose
sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2004, 08:28:19 AM »

FIXED ON YOU

So many times Your will oh Lord,
Is such a mystery to me.
Which path to take, which road to travel,
I wish that my eyes could see.

But I see through a glass darkly,
I see through human eyes.
So I'll walk by faith and not by sight
And trust You to be my guide.

I'll take the road less traveled.
I'll head for the narrow gate.
I know sometimes that You'll let me run
And sometimes I'll have to wait.

I know the road I choose today
May have some detours it is true.
But all roads lead to heaven
When my eyes are fixed on You.

All roads lead to heaven
When my eyes are fixed on You.

~Sandy Lynn Moffett

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2004, 06:22:36 AM »

The Blacksmith
~by By Rob Marx

Welcome! Come on in my Son has told me much about you.

Only through the constant pounding of the blacksmiths hammer does the metal bend and take shape. Only through the intense heat of the forge is steel made strong. Metal so hardened will withstand the enemy's fiercest attack.

Business had been slow till my son fixed my front Gate.
People used to give one tug then walk away.

The Blacksmith uses intense heat and a heavy hammer to pound and stress metal to the point of cracking, but this is to mold and strengthen, not to break. The Blacksmiths intent is to protect and save. The enemy's is to destroy.

See how easily it swings open now. My son is some craftsmen.

When the heat rises and the pounding of the blacksmiths hammer begins to ring causing the searing pain of change, have faith in his blacksmithing skills.

If it is not the blacksmiths hammer heard ringing and instead the clanging of enemy's steel on your own, fear not and have faith that the blacksmith has done his job.

What brings you to us? Friends told you about our work. How nice. I must remember to thank them later.

After the battle, be glad that the blacksmith will soon knock out those dents. Only through the constant pounding of the blacksmiths hammer does the steel bend and take shape. Only through the intense heat of forge is steel made strong.

Now what do you have for me? Oh and you say you have a problem here and there. Ah I see. It's nothing a visit to my forge won't fix.

Learn to love the ring of the hammer through the searing pain of change as it strengthens, molds, and repairs. Through these things you are protected and saved.

Did you notice the metal was wearing thin here? As you can see I've reinforced the whole section. Now it's better than new.

Rejoice in being judged worthy of the attention of the blacksmiths hammer and the enemy's sword.

No! No! Put that away! My son has already paid your bill.

Look forward to the day of victory when the blacksmith will put on a shine so pure that you will see his face.

Besides I do this as a Labor of LOVE.

Be always grateful to the kind Blacksmith and his Son, the creators and menders of many things.

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2004, 08:43:25 AM »

BIBLE MEDITATION: “I will praise the LORD according to His righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.” Psalm 7:17

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT: Did you know that joy is a choice? A man said to a beggar one day, “Good day my friend.” The beggar answered, “Well, thank you, but I never have a bad one.” He said, “Well, may God give you a happy life, my friend.” And the beggar replied, “I thank God that I am never unhappy.” The man was speechless. And the beggar continued, “When I have plenty to eat, I thank God. When I am hungry, I thank God. If it is God’s will for me to endure this, then whatever is God’s will for me makes me happy.” He chose to be happy.

ACTION POINT: Do you want to be happy? Then, choose to be happy today no matter your circumstances by praising God. It’s not going to be easy, but victory awaits if you do.

~Love Worth Finding

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2004, 08:44:25 AM »

BIBLE MEDITATION: “Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.” 2 Corinthians 12:10

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT: What does Paul mean when he says that he “takes pleasure” in all of these difficult circumstances? When Paul was placed in solitary confinement in prison, he wasn’t alone – Jesus was near. His weakness became his strength. If they beat him and he hurt, then he had the fellowship of Christ’s suffering – his weakness became his strength. If his body became crippled and he was not able to lean upon his own arm, then he had to lean on the Everlasting Arms. Paul took pleasure in these things. God is waiting to make you strong. There is power in our suffering. Suffering is not going to hurt you, it is going to strengthen you.

ACTION POINT: Are you suffering today? What does God have to say about your attitude about what you are going through? Ask God to forgive you if you are viewing your circumstances in any other way than through His eyes. Ask for His strength to see that when you are weak, He is strong! Sing the song, “Jesus loves me.”

~Love Worth Finding

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2004, 08:45:11 AM »

BIBLE MEDITATION: “Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.” Proverbs 27:1

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT: I read some research by William Morriston, a psychologist, who reported that 94% of the 3,000 persons he surveyed were enduring today in order to get to tomorrow. Do you know anyone like that? Perhaps you are one of those. Tomorrow, you’re going on vacation. Tomorrow, you’re going to get the house cleaned. Tomorrow, you’re going to start your diet. Tomorrow, you’re going to balance your checkbook. Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow. The only problem is tomorrow never arrives. When it gets here, it is today. And today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. It is always today.

ACTION POINT: What are you worrying about? It’s time to ask His forgiveness and give Him your concern. He is more than able to handle it. Worry is pulling tomorrow’s clouds over today’s sunshine.

~Love Worth Finding

sincereheart
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2004, 10:37:59 AM »

Be Thankful.....

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire --
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don't know something,
for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times. During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations,because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge,because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you are tired and weary,because it means you've made a difference.

It's easy to be thankful for the good things. A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks. Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive. Find a way to be thankful for your troubles, and they can become your blessings.

OR~

If you can't be satisfied with what you have received, be thankful for what you have escaped.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the