Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:01:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Update, need prayers for church
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Update, need prayers for church  (Read 855 times)
chommel

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2007, 09:21:48 AM »

Thanks, everyone who is praying.  If you've ever been through a church split, you know that this is one of the most painful things that a Christian can ever face!  Sadly, this is not the first time I've seen divisions like this in a church... but I didn't expect it at this church.  What had drawn me to it (15 years ago!) was the love and unity. 

My feeling is that because there is a huge neighborhood of 800 homes being built right now around our church, satan is attacking to keep us from being a presence in the community.  satan would like to see the church go down in flames, for the 800 families coming to our area to stay unreached for Christ, and for our church body to be so disillusioned that our members might, in effect, disengage themselves from the body of Christ.  I am rebuking satan with the words, "It is finished!"  Jesus' sacrifice was enough to cover all of this, and there is nothing new that satan can do to harm Jesus... Jesus has paid it all!

Please pray that God would rebuke satan sharply, that we would be humbled (soooo much pride right now!), that God would open our eyes to the demonic activity that is occurring, and that we would be looking to Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith, to keep us from squabbling and losing our focus.  Please pray for our elders, who are meeting tomorrow night, for their health (one of them is suffering greatly from IBS, sinus infections, and is diabetic).  Pray for our preacher, who has been viciously attacked and is a godly man with a godly wife, and some of the most godly children I've ever even met!  (Two are becoming preachers; one is just starting his ministry, and one is in bible college).

With my human eyes looking in on this situation, everything is so disturbing and upsetting that it is easy to feel hopeless, but God is so much greater than he that is within the world!  Please pray that God would do mighty things within the whole of the congregation, powerful things, soon.  There is so much at stake!  Thank you all, and God bless you!
David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 09:10:44 PM »

we are definitly praying

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 05:57:29 AM »

You have my prayers as well chommel.

chommel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 08:23:55 PM »

Thanks for praying!  God bless you for caring, praying, and writing to encourage.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the